• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FYI - Cedar Ridge has not lost since 12/5/2015

Started by ReddieKnightTrojan, March 03, 2016, 03:53:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ReddieKnightTrojan

Proud Buckaroo

Black and Gold

xadboy

And everyone said Valley Springs would beat Lamar handily. Ya see where that got you. Lamar was never threatened and man handled them. Don't count out Lamar just yet. If referee's will call the push offs that are on a bunch of Reaves high lights then it will be a game. If they let him get away with it, then Lamar could be in trouble.

neds

beach bum

Quote from: xadboy on March 03, 2016, 09:19:35 pm
And everyone said Valley Springs would beat Lamar handily. Ya see where that got you. Lamar was never threatened and man handled them. Don't count out Lamar just yet. If referee's will call the push offs that are on a bunch of Reaves high lights then it will be a game. If they let him get away with it, then Lamar could be in trouble.

You people are amazing at the excuses about this kid dominating.... There were even people yesterday trying to justify why his 73 point game wasn't very special. Yea 73 points  ??? Now he is only good because he pushes off?

xadboy

Quote from: beach bum on March 03, 2016, 09:23:59 pm
You people are amazing at the excuses about this kid dominating.... There were even people yesterday trying to justify why his 73 point game wasn't very special. Yea 73 points  ??? Now he is only good because he pushes off?
73 is 73, great game. Question, how much was Cedar Ridge ahead in the game?? Close enough to leave him in for sure huh? Wasn't. CR ahead by 20+?

xadboy

Quote from: beach bum on March 03, 2016, 09:23:59 pm
Let's just hope it gets called fairly.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: xadboy on March 03, 2016, 09:28:11 pm
73 is 73, great game. Question, how much was Cedar Ridge ahead in the game?? Close enough to leave him in for sure huh? Wasn't. CR ahead by 20+?

That was a 2 point game, cedar won 117-115

Silky Johnson

No way man, it was triple OT against Forrest city. FC is ranked top 10 in the state.

xadboy

Quote from: HF on March 03, 2016, 09:29:59 pm
That was a 2 point game, cedar won 117-115
Must have been mislabeled on the high light reel.

xadboy

CR must still be stinging from the beatdown Lamar put on them in the football playoffs.

neds

Ctucker

Let's just hope refs call it ever time reeves gets fouled!

xadboy

Not going to happen. They talked a lot of trash to us before the football game, so I'm just getting warmed up!

xadboy

Quote from: Ctucker on March 03, 2016, 09:44:40 pm
Let's just hope refs call it ever time reeves gets fouled!
Hope he can handle Lamar's physicality.

neds

It is a lot less embarrassing behind a keyboard vs being out on the court.
I think this one will not be close.

xadboy

Quote from: neds on March 03, 2016, 09:49:25 pm
It is a lot less embarrassing behind a keyboard vs being out on the court.
I think this one will not be close.
Go ahead and think that way, we love for people to think that way. Just like Valley Springs did. See where that got them.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: xadboy on March 03, 2016, 09:48:52 pm
Hope he can handle Lamar's physicality.

You better not be too physical or you will have a few starters fouled out. Smackover's physicality really hurt them last night.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: xadboy on March 03, 2016, 09:52:34 pm
Go ahead and think that way, we love for people to think that way. Just like Valley Springs did. See where that got them.

You cannot compare valley to a team with two kids capable of 30+ a game.

tanman6334

This will be a very tough game for Lamar but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Lamar by 4.

Ctucker

He can handle yalls physical play, he shoots FreeThrows pretty well!

Longfellow

Reaves equaled the entire scoring output of McGehee's entire team. 59 points. I haven't seen Lamar score 59 points in any of the 6 or 7 times I've seen them. This one could get rough

xadboy

Quote from: Longfellow on March 03, 2016, 10:17:00 pm
Reaves equaled the entire scoring output of McGehee's entire team. 59 points. I haven't seen Lamar score 59 points in any of the 6 or 7 times I've seen them. This one could get rough
Lamar just hung 68 on Valley Springs. Did you leave before the game? TR knows all to well how physical and defensive Lamar can be.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: xadboy on March 03, 2016, 10:23:43 pm
Lamar just hung 68 on Valley Springs. Did you leave before the game? TR knows all to well how physical and defensive Lamar can be.

Please, take the Warrior color glasses off.

ISU7

Quote from: xadboy on March 03, 2016, 09:40:30 pm
CR must still be stinging from the beatdown Lamar put on them in the football playoffs.
Didn't matter a team from their conference still represented in the state finals. 😄😃😎 CR basketball team got you scared. I bet you don't get no sleep tonight. 😄😃

ballaj21

I think Lamar will have a decent chance. They have the size to do it. But still got to go with Cedar Ridge by 12

xadboy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 03, 2016, 10:40:06 pm
Please, take the Warrior color glasses off.
Come on now PB, those the only glasses I own. You should know that from our football days. Gotta have some fun!

xadboy

Honestly I think Reaves is a great player and MA was stupid for not recruiting him.

wonderboy2018

The one thing CR football didn't have in their game against Lamar was Austin Reaves. I think CR by 10 at least.

xadboy

Quote from: ISU7 on March 03, 2016, 11:04:17 pm
Didn't matter a team from their conference still represented in the state finals. 😄😃😎 CR basketball team got you scared. I bet you don't get no sleep tonight. 😄😃
Sleep? We don't need no stinking sleep! Hahaha  :) ;) :D ;D >:( : :o 8) ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'(

MA

I forsee another 45+ from Mr Reaves. The kid is on a mission.

Black and Gold

ReddieKnightTrojan

That's why we play the game...#warriorglasses

NEark tigers

BigMan15

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 04, 2016, 09:18:28 am
For Cedar Ridge.....ORDER THE RINGS!!!

I wouldnt order those rings just yet!!! I know a player that wants this just a little bit more!!

Neers34

ReddieKnightTrojan

There will probably be 750-1000 people there screaming for Centerpoint. If Caddo and Kirby show up,  :o

BigMan15

Quote from: Neers34 on March 04, 2016, 10:45:51 am
Nobody wants it more than Reaves
I can assure you Fenner wants it more than Reaves

ZoneBuster

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 04, 2016, 11:35:44 am
I can assure you Fenner wants it more than Reaves

They probably want it pretty similarly lol

serious question. Is Fenner only 3A player who can semi match up with Reaves height wise and athletically? How is Fenner Defensively?

woopork

There's a difference in school pride and ignorance. Reaves still remembers being put out last year. So does Crabtree. And Middlebrooks. And I remember watching the refs hand the game to Mayflower. No one beats CR as long as Reaves and Crabtree are out there.

xadboy

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 04, 2016, 11:38:29 am
They probably want it pretty similarly lol

serious question. Is Fenner only 3A player who can semi match up with Reaves height wise and athletically? How is Fenner Defensively?
Fenner is very athletic and has size to match up with Reaves. Fenner needs to have better foot work on defense. Reaves is the better shooter percentage wise. But Fenner has the ability to run off 7 or 8 3s in a row. Right now Reaves is the better player, but Fenner is not to far behind him.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: woopork on March 04, 2016, 11:50:11 am
There's a difference in school pride and ignorance. Reaves still remembers being put out last year. So does Crabtree. And Middlebrooks. And I remember watching the refs hand the game to Mayflower. No one beats CR as long as Reaves and Crabtree are out there.

They have also won a couple already, so some would argue that they aren't as hungry as a team or group that has never had that success.

BigMan15

If the question is Can Fenner guard Reeves? The answer is no way!! Fenner is a great offensive player but cant guard the quick fast guards. Defensively he more like a SF or a stretch 4.

As far as wanting it more...Fenner as a Freshman averaged around 12-15 PPG then was hit by a truck just before regionals. Still played but was banged up pretty good! His average went down quite a bit in fact finished the season around 10 PPG. Fenner remembers the charge call that seemed to rip away our chances of winning state that year. Moved to Paris lead them to their first district championship in over 30 years got all state. But they lost to Charleston in the semis of regionals then got upset by TR in the third place game which went to 2OTs. Averaging 22.0PPG his sophomore year he got a bad draw and got ECS first round. His dreams ripped away again. Paris being the type of school not used to winning was just happy being there. Moved back to Charleston averages 25 PPG this year and wants his ring bad!! Hes not ever happy with second and plans on winning not only this year but next as well and will do what ever it takes to get there.

woopork

Charleston didn't man handle Harding who shot horribly. Why should they be able to handle Cedar?

BigMan15

Quote from: woopork on March 04, 2016, 12:41:07 pm
Charleston didn't man handle Harding who shot horribly. Why should they be able to handle Cedar?
Who said they man handled Harding??? Handle Cedar??? Are you okay man??

woopork

Is this not a conversation about Charleston beating Cedar?

BigMan15

Someone was talking about Lamar beating Cedar

woopork

My bad bigman. I saw Charleston post and thought all the above comments were about Charleston. Even worse that they are Lamar.

BigMan15

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas