• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A boys state bracket.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, February 27, 2016, 09:25:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Black and Gold on March 01, 2016, 09:53:46 pm
If anyone finds the time after the first round, can they post an updated boys bracket?

Click my link and it is already updated. Go to the first page and it is at the top.

MA

Reaves dropped 59 in the 1st round

Dragon77

He is special. I watch 6a/7a games, and he would be the best player in our conference. He has to be one of the top 3 players in the state.

Corey870

Quote from: Ctucker on March 01, 2016, 09:35:13 pm
Man he scored 73 against forest city. We have beat this horse to death he can do it in 5a and above I think he has 3 huge games against 5a teams this year. Forest city is ranked second in 5 a  I think.
correction the refs gave him 45 free shots he didn't earn all them points by just scoring

OB11

Quote from: Corey870 on March 02, 2016, 12:42:27 pm
correction the refs gave him 45 free shots he didn't earn all them points by just scoring

Last time I checked you still have to make your free throws...right???

pioneers

Don't worry about Corey he is just salty that cedar ridge beat them and that they couldn't stop reaves.

Ctucker

Maybe y'all shouldn't foul so much just pointing out fact he had 73 and cedar beat Forest City no matter how much you cry about it. It still happened can't take it away I'm sorry.

BigMan15

The only thing I will say that Reeves gets a few extra calls here and there  also he never gets called for a push off...either way he is so talented!!!!

Ctucker

Even if you take away 45 free throws that leaves 28 points that's more than any other player in 3a averages so still great game without any fouls!

Ctucker

I tell you another thing there has been a ton of fouls against reeves that are not called. I've only watched him 3 times this year but have watched him a bunch over last 4 years. One game this year I watched they probally called 1 out of every 4 times he got mauled and I made a post about it and a guy from Harding agreed and niether of us are from cedar.

BigMan15

My son watched his game yesterday! He said that Austin Reeves is the second best player in the state no doubt!!! But he does get away with a push off alot!

Ctucker

Timberwolf08

Quote from: Ctucker on March 02, 2016, 01:15:22 pm
So do a lot of players.

I know Austin will push off a little, but when the defender is wearing your jersey with you (actual thing I've seen) and the foul isn't being called, you have to create your own space. If it's going both ways I see no problem with it.

Ctucker

The Dynasty

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 02, 2016, 01:19:01 pm
I know Austin will push off a little, but when the defender is wearing your jersey with you (actual thing I've seen) and the foul isn't being called, you have to create your own space. If it's going both ways I see no problem with it.

You're telling me another person on the opposing team was inside of Reaves' jersey with him in it?

Timberwolf08

Quote from: The Dynasty on March 02, 2016, 01:26:08 pm
You're telling me another person on the opposing team was inside of Reaves' jersey with him in it?

Arm straight through the arm hole and out the other side. WhiteRiverMonster, can you verify my goofy story? haha. I remember yelling "I know everyone wants to be Austin Reaves, but only one can wear his jersey."

Batman44

The Dynasty

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 02, 2016, 01:27:15 pm
Arm straight through the arm hole and out the other side. WhiteRiverMonster, can you verify my goofy story? haha. I remember yelling "I know everyone wants to be Austin Reaves, but only one can wear his jersey."

That's impressive!!!!!

Longfellow

One player from McGehee ran backwards down the floor face to face with Reaves with his arm around his back. It was the most awkward tango I've ever seen

WhiteRiverMonster

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 02, 2016, 01:27:15 pm

I'll vouche for that.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Longfellow on March 02, 2016, 02:01:26 pm
One player from McGehee ran backwards down the floor face to face with Reaves with his arm around his back. It was the most awkward tango I've ever seen

Did he look him into his eyes and say, "Shall we dance?"

MA

Reaves was 34-38 from the FT line against FC. Just to clarify. It was also in 3OT.

Wichita St coached was there yesterday and told me Austin doesn't get all the calls he should. I agree with that. He gets fouled constantly because people can't stay in front of him. Forrest City is a great example of that

The Dynasty

Quote from: MA on March 02, 2016, 02:35:42 pm
Reaves was 34-38 from the FT line against FC. Just to clarify. It was also in 3OT.

Wichita St coached was there yesterday and told me Austin doesn't get all the calls he should. I agree with that. He gets fouled constantly because people can't stay in front of him. Forrest City is a great example of that

If this is Mike Anderson could you explain why you didn't give this kid a scholarship.....

Ctucker

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: The Dynasty on March 02, 2016, 02:51:00 pm
If this is Mike Anderson could you explain why you didn't give this kid a scholarship.....

Yeah, man. I thought I was the only one that thought that when I saw that dude post a while ago. Lollllll.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 02, 2016, 02:55:44 pm
Yeah, man. I thought I was the only one that thought that when I saw that dude post a while ago. Lollllll.
Hogs don't need someone who can shoot the ball. Have to be lightning fast, huge vertical, and shoot no more than 63% from the line. That's 40 minutes of heck and it's heck watching 40 minutes of it.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on March 02, 2016, 02:59:09 pm
Hogs don't need someone who can shoot the ball. Have to be lightning fast, huge vertical, and shoot no more than 63% from the line. That's 40 minutes of heck and it's heck watching 40 minutes of it.

The joys of being a hog fan, huh?

WhiteRiverMonster

March 02, 2016, 03:20:16 pm #127 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:33:09 pm by WhiteRiverMonster
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 02, 2016, 02:55:44 pm

I thought it as well.
MA, you're doing some false advertising.

Separate note, anyone from Centerpoint who is a Fearless addict, I'm blown away by how y'all have packed them gym today. For a 2 o'clock game. On a Wednesday.
Looks like more Centerpoint fans are here than Jessieville fans.

Ctucker

March 02, 2016, 03:28:40 pm #128 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:31:29 pm by Ctucker
Quote from: WhiteRiverMonster on March 02, 2016, 03:20:16 pm
I thought it as well.
MA, you're doing some flash advertising.

Separate note, anyone from Centerpoint who is a Fearless addict, I'm blown away by how y'all have packed them gym today. For a 2 o'clock game. On a Tuesday.
Looks like more Centerpoint fans are here than Jessieville fans.
Im not going to be able to make it down there this weekend I will keep up with it on FF but good luck to Cedar y'all bring it home!

beach bum

March 02, 2016, 03:32:51 pm #129 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:34:30 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Corey870 on March 02, 2016, 12:42:27 pm

Typically people that get to the free throw line way more than anyone else is because they are UNGUARDABLE off the dribble and can get to the basket at anytime or in other cases if it happens to be a post player its because they are too much of a beast to handle. Quit being a baby and give the kid credit....

Timberwolf08

Quote from: beach bum on March 02, 2016, 03:32:51 pm
Typically people that get to the free throw line way more than anyone else is because they are UNGUARDABLE off the dribble and can get to the basket at anytime. Quit being a baby and give the kid credit....

+1

WhiteRiverMonster

Quote from: Ctucker on March 02, 2016, 03:28:40 pm
Im not going to be able to make it down there this weekend I will keep up with it on FF but good luck to Cedar y'all bring it home!

I'll cheer double for you CTucker. Hopefully we'll get to bring one back to our area.

biglion1985

Hey that young man is something else he is on another level

Ctucker

Yes he Is. We have been beaten by them for some time, but I admire them just a great bunch of ball players! At some point I just became a fan.

The Dynasty

Will Harding be livestreaming their game? Are they allowed to?

ISU7

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on March 02, 2016, 12:45:59 pm
Last time I checked you still have to make your free throws...right???
Exactly!!!! 8)

NEark tigers

Proud Buckaroo

Rocky

WhiteRiverMonster wait until Friday night at 8:30 when Centerpoint fans won't be working. Bringing home court advantage to jessieville. Not sure where the rest of y'all will sit..

WhiteRiverMonster

I'll camp out if need be. Like Wooderson & Pink camping out for Aerosmith tickets at the end of Dazed and Confused. That's me.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: MA on March 02, 2016, 02:35:42 pm

WOW that's like almost 4 defenders fouling out guarding one man

mtindian42

He can't be stopped!!!! He is a monster...

Eagle20

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 02, 2016, 01:19:01 pm
[/quote
Great point!  Not a Cedar fan but I remember Harding fouling him hard 4 times in one possession and he did not turn it over and did not complain!  Gotta be give and take!]

Black and Gold

When is the championship game?

neds

ReddieKnightTrojan

Austin fell and gashed his eyebrow. CR was a different team. He came back and the officials...needless to say the officials decided that game. I see now what Lamar and others were talking about. 12 literally lowered his shoulder and plowed over a Centerpoint Knight while he was giving ground and the official called blocking. Give me a break.   

Timberwolf08

The change was actually Austin's steal and monster dunk the possession before...but whatever helps you sleep at night. If he makes it to the NBA y'all can tell all about how y'all could have beaten him if not for the big bad referees while Bruce Springsteen plays in the background.

ReddieKnightTrojan

That kind of arrogance will be your downfall. I have absolutely no problem sleeping at night and you're pretentious if you think the "big bad refs" had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. CR would have probably won anyway and wouldn't that feel better than knowing the officials had "anything" to do with the outcome? But anyway, I have more mature stuff to talk about.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on March 05, 2016, 11:58:04 pm
That kind of arrogance will be your downfall. I have absolutely no problem sleeping at night and you're pretentious if you think the "big bad refs" had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. CR would have probably won anyway and wouldn't that feel better than knowing the officials had "anything" to do with the outcome? But anyway, I have more mature stuff to talk about.

So.....the refs had everything to do with cedar ridge winning a game, that you in the next sentence admit cedar ridge would have won anyway.....nice

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas