• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3pt Season

Started by BigMan15, February 09, 2016, 10:24:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

smallybells

February 25, 2016, 03:21:50 pm #100 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:24:26 pm by smallybells
Quote from: xadboy on February 25, 2016, 02:48:27 pm
That was a coaching philosophy comparison. Whiskey said it was bad coaching to let players shoot from 25 feet.

The coaching philosophies aren't comparable either. Steve Kerr giving the NBA's reigning MVP that currently holds a 44% 3pt average since entering the league the green light to torch 25 footers at will is an exceptional circumstance and probably a sound coaching decision. I may be mistaken but I don't think anyone in 3A HS basketball in Arkansas are bringing any of those factors into the equation. I'm not knocking this kid or his shooting ability, I just agree with tango statement of that not being a great game plan for a HS team.

BigMan15

Sounds like this guy prolly coached Oark or St Paul

xadboy

Quote from: xadboy on February 25, 2016, 03:21:08 pm
What are the basic fundamentals of the game no matter what level you play or coach?
Need to know since obviously I don't know. Please enlighten me.

xadboy

Quote from: smallybells on February 25, 2016, 03:21:50 pm
The coaching philosophies aren't comparable either. Steve Kerr giving the NBA's reigning MVP that currently holds a 44% 3pt average since entering the league the green light to torch 25 footers at will is an exceptional circumstance and probably a sound coaching decision. I may be mistaken but I don't think anyone in 3A HS basketball in Arkansas are bringing any of those factors into the equation. I'm not knocking this kid or his shooting ability, I just agree with tango statement of that not being a great game plan for a HS team.
Maybe for most teams in 3A, but not for a team with a shooter like Fenner. So by what you and whiskey are saying is that Ross is a bad coach and doesn't know what he is doing?

dentist15

February 25, 2016, 03:34:51 pm #104 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:37:05 pm by dentist15

@Whiskey

I wholeheartedly agree, and apologize for that oversight. That is the difference between a great shooter and a great player who thinks the game.

I've never been sold on shooting your way out of a slump either, but a good shooter always believes he will make the next one (a smart shooter knows that closer and simpler shots are an easy way to get a make or two to get the groove back). But every coach i've ever known (my dad, who coached 20+ years in the river valley, included), would still want their shooters to continue to pull the trigger on good looks, bad game or not.

To me, a great player is one who can score, but can still affect the game from other areas when he has an off shooting night (Defense, you mentioned many times, being a huge area, that most high school scorers don't care about, since it doesn't go in the paper, and to most people, it doesn't look good on highlight reels). No player is on every night, but they can always impact the game even without scoring.

smallybells

Quote from: xadboy on February 25, 2016, 03:28:54 pm
Maybe for most teams in 3A, but not for a team with a shooter like Fenner. So by what you and whiskey are saying is that Ross is a bad coach and doesn't know what he is doing?

No, what I am saying in the simplest of terms, is that you do not know what you are talking about. Letting a HS kid torch 25 footers at will instead of running sets and looking for the best shot possible, probably is not the best of ideas at the HS level, it is going to be a lower percentage shot, plain and simple.

xadboy

Quote from: smallybells on February 25, 2016, 03:35:51 pm
No, what I am saying in the simplest of terms, is that you do not know what you are talking about. Letting a HS kid torch 25 footers at will instead of running sets and looking for the best shot possible, probably is not the best of ideas at the HS level, it is going to be a lower percentage shot, plain and simple.
Obviously you don't have a clue. Fenner doesn't just Jack 3's. They run sets and look for the best shot, but if Fenner gets free then he has the green light from 25 feet and in. That being said you either haven't seen or lost to Charleston this year. My point is that Fenner is not your typical player. Charleston utilizes his talent to the best of his ability. In my opinion that makes sense as a coach.

I have asked several questions but got no answers. So I take that you can't contradict me by answering.

smallybells

Quote from: xadboy on February 25, 2016, 03:58:24 pm
Obviously you don't have a clue. Fenner doesn't just Jack 3's. They run sets and look for the best shot, but if Fenner gets free then he has the green light from 25 feet and in. That being said you either haven't seen or lost to Charleston this year. My point is that Fenner is not your typical player. Charleston utilizes his talent to the best of his ability. In my opinion that makes sense as a coach.

I have asked several questions but got no answers. So I take that you can't contradict me by answering.

I haven't done either, and could care less if Charleston goes home or wins state to be honest with you. All I am saying is giving a HS kid free range at 25 ft is not the best of ideas, that is the only reason I even chimed in on this conversation, not to get in an argument of how great your program,players, or coaches are. Someone made the statement that this kid has free will at 25 feet, another person said that is poor coaching philosophy, I agreed, as in usual fashion of most of these threads in here, it immediately had to be about Charleston or one of Charleston's players, you did that, not me.

RTF

Quote from: smallybells on February 25, 2016, 04:07:48 pm
I haven't done either, and could care less if Charleston goes home or wins state to be honest with you. All I am saying is giving a HS kid free range at 25 ft is not the best of ideas, that is the only reason I even chimed in on this conversation, not to get in an argument of how great your program,players, or coaches are. Someone made the statement that this kid has free will at 25 feet, another person said that is poor coaching philosophy, I agreed, as in usual fashion of most of these threads in here, it immediately had to be about Charleston or one of Charleston's players, you did that, not me.

What?.... Are you saying not everything is about Charleston? Impossible....

xadboy

Quote from: smallybells on February 25, 2016, 04:07:48 pm
Get a clue! Go out and buy basketball for dummies. Then maybe you'd have a clue.

smallybells

I dont need any advice from someone who cannot keep his points of an argument straight, you went off on a tangent 2 or 3 posts ago. You keep milking that cow genius, best of luck.

xadboy

Quote from: smallybells on February 25, 2016, 06:11:21 pm
I dont need any advice from someone who cannot keep his points of an argument straight, you went off on a tangent 2 or 3 posts ago. You keep milking that cow genius, best of luck.
Duh? What's a cow?

Don't worry the short bus will be there to pick you up shortly.

smallybells

February 25, 2016, 08:00:41 pm #112 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:06:48 pm by smallybells
If the name down the side says "Reality" its for you and the rest of your homer chest beaters. Im done putting any effort into this juvenile exchange, good day sir.

xadboy

Quote from: smallybells on February 25, 2016, 08:00:41 pm
If the name down the side says "Reality" its for you and the rest of your homer chest beaters. Im done putting any effort into this juvenile exchange, good day sor.
Good tired of the odor you put ofg

smallybells

Stay classy my friend.

Black and Gold

Was that three in range?

ballaj21

Quote from: Black and Gold on February 25, 2016, 09:37:28 pm
Was that three in range?
Well I think he should have the green light.

BigMan15

Maybe Brandon should have went to the bench for shooting so deep ....oh wait my bad they went in. Lucky shot I guess.

xadboy

Uh oh! Charleston wins again, guess that hasn't worked 22 times this year. Somebody should tell Ross he's doing it wrong. I'm sure he wants to do it the right way. THEY EARN IT!!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 26, 2016, 12:10:49 am
Maybe Brandon should have went to the bench for shooting so deep ....oh wait my bad they went in. Lucky shot I guess.

Take what people say with a grain of salt, man. No one has singled out your child. There is no need to be so defensive about the whole situation.

AlumniLights

Best shooter I seen since Joe Montana... 8)

dentist15

Quote from: AlumniLights on February 26, 2016, 06:46:05 am
Best shooter I seen since Joe Montana... 8)

Well played sir. +1.

BigMan15

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: smallybells on February 25, 2016, 06:11:21 pm

You sure he's not trying to milk a bull?  ;D

Black and Gold

Was Fenner's go ahead shot in range?

Longfellow

Seemed to be right about 25 feet

smallybells

Lol, you guys are investing a lot of time defending this subject. History tells me that it isnt a sure thing he even plays for the same team next year.

fbisgreat

I think he will be CHS next year they have 3 starters back plus first 2 off the bench and a good jr. high player moving up.Plus i'm hearing they have a very good player moving back next year.

BigMan15

They will be deep next year

ballaj21

cdelaney

Quote from: ballaj21 on February 27, 2016, 03:12:04 am
Move him to bentonville
I still say green goes well with red hair.

Longfellow

I think it would look better in orange and blue

Black and Gold

I think BigMan agrees that it complements black and gold and white very well ;)

ballaj21

Quote from: cdelaney on February 27, 2016, 05:28:02 pm
I still say green goes well with red hair.

Fighting Irish haha

cdelaney

BigMan15

I'll admit Ilove Brandon in Black and Gold !!!!

winnersnomatterwhat

Lauren Spencer of Danville made some nice 3's

BigMan15

March 02, 2016, 10:18:11 am #137 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:42:38 am by BigMan15
Quote from: BigMan15 on February 10, 2016, 12:32:04 pm
HHG/Christian Brown 130 Final Great Job
Charleston/Fenner 110
Jesseville/Daley 85
Centerpoint/ Brunt 79
Flippin/ Kopacz 64 Final
Booneville/Yarborough 61 Final
Manilla/Woodall 56 Final
Jesseville/ Anderson 46
Jesseville/ Lamb 44
Two Rivers/Brimm 41
Charleston/Ewing 41
Charleston/Rowland 41
Centerpoint/Owens 35

Eagle20

March 02, 2016, 10:27:11 am #138 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:31:21 am by Eagle20
Quote from: BigMan15 on March 02, 2016, 10:18:11 am
Updated
Brown 130 final in 28 games=4.64/pg

BigMan15

teachers pet

Counting in regional, Daley has 85, Anderson 46 and Lamb 44. Don't know if you are counting just regular season.

BigMan15

March 02, 2016, 11:43:35 am #141 Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 10:40:47 am by BigMan15
HHG/Christian Brown 130  Final Great Job
Charleston/Fenner 115     
Jesseville/Daley 88           Final
Centerpoint/ Brunt 81
Flippin/ Kopacz 64           Final
Manilla/Woodall 56          Final
Jesseville/ Anderson 48    Final
Jesseville/ Lamb 45         Final
Two Rivers/Brimm 41      Final
Charleston/Ewing 43
Charleston/Rowland 41
Centerpoint/Owens 36

BigMan15

BigMan15

March 04, 2016, 10:41:03 am #143 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:40:22 am by BigMan15
Quote from: BigMan15 on March 02, 2016, 11:43:35 am
HHG/Christian Brown 130  Final Great Job
Charleston/Fenner 119
Jesseville/Daley 88           Final
Centerpoint/ Brunt 83.    Final
Flippin/ Kopacz 64           Final
Manilla/Woodall 56          Final
Jesseville/ Anderson 48    Final
Jesseville/ Lamb 45         Final
Two Rivers/Brimm 41      Final
Charleston/Ewing 46
Charleston/Rowland 41
Centerpoint/Owens 37.    Final

updated

BigMan15

ReddieKnightTrojan

Where is Austin Reaves' name?  Why can't teams just back up into a 2-3, 1-3-1, whatever and make him shoot over you?

Ctucker

No one from Cedar ever reported on his.

BigMan15

Tell us his stats also what's his PPG

Ctucker

I don't know what his stats not from cedar, but from talking to a bunch of the guys from cedar they probally won't post it that's not a big deal to them winning is.

Ctucker

I may be wrong though. They might post it. Just keeping with them I would say he averages right around 40 but I don't know exactly.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas