• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville Junior High

Started by intruder, November 06, 2013, 09:21:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Made

So their jr high hasnt lost a game in 8 years and the high school only gets it done once?  When Nashville was 3-peating how good was their JH team? I remember them being middle of the pack. Not throwing shade just genuinely curious.

Gray lizard

The enrollment age at Nashville is 8 while most other schools are 5. That explains the JR High record.  :o

OrangeCrush.

August 30, 2018, 12:38:56 pm #302 Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 12:43:15 pm by OrangeCrush.
Quote from: Made on August 30, 2018, 09:06:14 am
So their jr high hasnt lost a game in 8 years and the high school only gets it done once?  When Nashville was 3-peating how good was their JH team? I remember them being middle of the pack. Not throwing shade just genuinely curious.
Tough question to answer.  I think most places you look Jr. High success or lack of success probably doesn't correlate that closely to high school success.  There are a lot of factors that can change things.  One that stands out is in Jr. High 1 or 2 stud athletes will win games.  That doesn't work in high school.  Not saying that is Nashville's case, but some years it has been.  Some players peak early.  Sometimes you lose players between Jr. high and Sr. high. 

One thing that needs to be pointed out... During the streak most of the teams Nashville beats in Jr High, they also beat in the corresponding years in Sr. High.  If you look back at the losses from 2014(when the first JH undefeated group were seniors) to now, those were mostly against teams we didn't play in Jr. High.  Fountain Lake and Dardanelle in 2014, Pea Ridge in 2016, De Queen, Robinson, and Booneville in 2017. All of those we didn't play in Jr. High, maybe they would've beaten our JH, who knows.  Arkadelphia is the only team that has won a Sr. high game after losing to Nashville in JH.

In the 3 peat years, the JH was average at best.  AJ Whitmore was a running back.  Ironically, Leonard Snell from 2015 title team was also a running back in JH.  Snell's group was probably the best JH group we've had, everyone knew they were special.  Plus, the next group had Hopkins and he scored everytime he touched the ball in JH.  Last year's 9th grade class is very similar.  I think they were as good as the 2015 group was in JH.  State title in the next 3 years? Good chance.

AirWarren

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2018, 09:37:48 am
Jr high score?
I have no clue as to the score but since you posted this I'm wondering if they won...

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 31, 2018, 09:54:27 am
I have no clue as to the score but since you posted this I'm wondering if they won...

It appears the Wolves won.

LH 54
Nashville 22

http://lhwolvesathletics.com/sport/football/boys/

cuckoobird

~WPS~

All good things must eventually come to an end. It sure was an awesome ride year after year watching new groups come in and take over where the last left off.

No more winning streak, but the conference title hasn't left Nashville in nearly a decade and the goal remains to make sure it doesn't.

OrangeCrush.

That LH team was no joke last week.  Somebody said LH coaches thought that was the best junior team they've had in 20 years.  Time to start another win streak tonight at Magnolia.

cuckoobird

~WPS~

~WPS~

Nashville 23
Arkadelphia 14

Halftime

~WPS~

Arkadelphia 42
Nashville 38
Final

Great football game

~WPS~

ResidentOfTheVILL

Arkie lost so puts us back in the hunt ;D

Neckred

OrangeCrush.

VanillaThunder

~WPS~

ResidentOfTheVILL

Ashdown  tonight on the HILL think the boys are ready lets hope the coaches are
::)

Neckred

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 11, 2018, 11:30:19 am
Ashdown  tonight on the HILL think the boys are ready lets hope the coaches are
::)
Taking a little shot at the coaches....   I like it

ResidentOfTheVILL

:o who .......... me.....maby just a smidge

Neckred

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 11, 2018, 02:47:47 pm
:o who .......... me.....maby just a smidge
They need kept on their toes at every school.  Too many got into coaching for the wrong reasons.  Easy major and summers off.  Lot of good ones too though. 

ResidentOfTheVILL

very true....i just have funny ideas about coaching i guess

~WPS~

CFB>NFL

October 13, 2018, 04:26:31 pm #325 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:34:21 pm by AsianEquation
Very true, but coaches don't get summers off, tons of 7 on 7 tournaments happen and practices.

Neckred

Quote from: AsianEquation on October 13, 2018, 04:26:31 pm
They need kept on their toes at every school.  Too many got into coaching for the wrong reasons.  Easy major and summers off.  Lot of good ones too though.

Very true, but coaches don't get summers off, tons of 7 on 7 tournaments happen and practices.
But when most got into coaching they did get summers off.  This is a trend that just started the last few years. 

ResidentOfTheVILL

I found my self to be  pleasantly suprised last thur as  i saw  life out of the coaches or atleast the ones that i think matter anyway GO Scrappers !!!!!
;D

~WPS~

Nashville 42
Harmony Grove 8

ResidentOfTheVILL

WPS have you checked the  standings this mornin?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

~WPS~

October 19, 2018, 08:54:56 am #330 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 09:06:31 am by ~WPS~
Still looking for a couple scores.

Badgerball

What tiebreakers are used in JV for the conference or are there none?

Gr3yhounds

I'd sure like to see Nashville Junior high vs Newport junior high...

Badgerball

Quote from: Gr3yhounds on October 23, 2018, 01:02:29 pm
I'd sure like to see Nashville Junior high vs Newport junior high...
Is Newport really good?

ResidentOfTheVILL

Not at all sure what happend to us lastnight (besides being beat) went from solid playin on D in the first half to   seemed to me  we lost something in the second half i still feel that  this team is  better than they  looked this year..... perhaps its time for a change  in staff?  And yes i have issues with  the staff :)

scrapdig

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 26, 2018, 10:07:24 am
Not at all sure what happend to us lastnight (besides being beat) went from solid playin on D in the first half to   seemed to me  we lost something in the second half i still feel that  this team is  better than they  looked this year..... perhaps its time for a change  in staff?  And yes i have issues with  the staff :)
Solid JH team but just doesn't have those game changer athletes Nashville has had the last 5 years.

Badgerball

Thanks, Nashville for losing Arkadelphia a conference championship. :'( Can't ever help a brother out.

polksalet

How is jr scrapper ball doing this year?

~WPS~

5-1 so far.  Lost to Arkadelphia by a score or two earlier in the season.  Playing really well right now.  Talented group of 9th graders this year.

scrapdig

Quote from: ~WPS~ on October 16, 2020, 12:07:02 pm
5-1 so far.  Lost to Arkadelphia by a score or two earlier in the season.  Playing really well right now.  Talented group of 9th graders this year.
Better be because that 11th and 10th grade are weak. 

ResidentOfTheVILL

Quote from: scrapdig on October 22, 2020, 03:44:42 pm
Better be because that 11th and 10th grade are weak.
>:( I would say  not as  strong as the seniors this year but
not weak  by any sense of the word.

scrapdig

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 23, 2020, 04:37:15 pm
>:( I would say  not as  strong as the seniors this year but
not weak  by any sense of the word.
11th grade is for sure weak

ResidentOfTheVILL

How do you figure that?....as i said before  maybe not as stout as the seniors this year but not weak  i know  they have lost several of their bigger boys over the last year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas