• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WAY TO EARLY TOP 5 for 2018-2019 Season!!!

Started by OLionSwag74, January 06, 2018, 01:24:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLionSwag74

1. Junction City
2. Foreman
3. Conway Christian
4. Mount Ida
5. Hazen

stuck in between

Better add Fordyce to that list. Went 5-6 in 3-A starting several Freshman last year.

eldofan

Jc lost a lot . Not sure about 1 but top 5 for sure.

HG Hornet

Hazen will be good the next couple of years. 

Eslim03

1. Foreman
2. Conway Christian
3. Junction City
4. Mt. Ida
5. Hazen/Fordyce

IdaLions

1. Foreman
2. Conway Christian
3. Hazen
4. Junction City/ Fordyce
5. Mount Ida

HorseFeathers

Eslim03

From what I've heard Christian has a ton coming back.

couch-coach06

You thing is for sure ... Hootens will have JC number one when the season starts and probably 2 more teams from the 8 in the top 5 lol...
My top 5
1 Foreman ( until beat they are the king , return a tenacious d line and best athlete in 2a football)
2 Conway Christian ( return alot very close last year )
3 JC ( they don't rebuild just reload )
4 Mt Ida ( will have a great nucleus of seniors at skill positions)
5 hazen ( don't know much about them but have made a couple of decent runs and everyone says this is there year )

HorseFeathers

Junction loses like 14 starters I think....Fordyce may be the team to beat in the 8 next year...

eldofan

January 07, 2018, 08:33:53 pm #10 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:12:07 pm by eldofan
The 2 Jc play off Games I attended at Jc I saw about 5 kids on each side of the ball that was either starters or saw playing time that will be returning in 2018.

stuck in between

January 10, 2018, 11:11:08 am #11 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:21:43 pm by stuck in between
Quote from: IdaLions on January 06, 2018, 11:34:20 pm
1. Foreman
2. Conway Christian
3. Hazen
5. Mount Ida

I can go along with this one. Foreman will have to have some guys step up to fill some open spots on the O-Line, but returning two of their top three all-purpose yard backs along with their top two leading tacklers will help for sure. I look for Carver to really complement Batey in the backfield next year having a year to mature and adjust to Sr. high ball. Finding a replacement for Green at the other slot position may take a game or two. Conway Christian really looks like they are set up nicely for a title run this year only losing 7 from their 11-2 season. I think you are probably playing down Mount Ida's potential returning both LaGrange, Jackson, and Dyer will ensure they have plenty of fire power on offense and Saylors had a very solid year on the defensive side of the ball. Fordyce competed well in class 3-A last year starting a slew of Freshmen they will be even more improved and should benefit from playing in a lower classification. I am not that familiar with Hazen, but they do seem to be in everyone else's teams to watch. Looks like they will have a huge Sr. class and should build on last year's 9-3 season. Like Fordyce, Junction City will enjoy returning to class 2-A where they dominated for so long. They are losing their top three rushers as well as their leading passer and tackler, but everyone knows the well never runs dry in South Arkansas/North Louisiana. One thing for sure, a couple of these teams will not fare as well as expected and there will be a couple come out of nowhere to compete. Last year most everyone including myself thought that either Rison or CHG, if not both would be playing in the championship game, and few if any thought it would be a 2A-7 matchup with Foreman winning it all. Guess that's one of the reasons I love this sport so much. You never know what to expect.

sheepdawg92

dont forget about Hampton we only lost two starters

Old Scrapper

Hazen returns all skill position players, but I wouldn't have them top 5, top 10 maybe but still got to fill some spots on the line.

couch-coach06

Quote from: stuck in between on January 10, 2018, 11:11:08 am
1. Foreman
2. Conway Christian
3. Hazen
5. Mount Ida

I can go along with this one. Foreman will have to have some guys step up to fill some open spots on the O-Line, but returning two of their top three all-purpose yards backs along with their top two leading tacklers will help for sure. I look for Carver to really complement Batey in the backfield next year having a year to mature and adjust to Sr. high ball. Finding a replacement for Green at the other slot position may take a game or two. Conway Christian really looks like they are set up nicely for a title run this year only losing7 from their 11-2 season. I think you are probably playing down Mount Ida's potential returning both LaGrange, Jackson, and Dyer will ensure they have plenty of fire power on offense and Saylors had a very solid year on the defensive side of the ball. Fordyce competed well in class 3-A last year starting a slew of Freshmen they will be even more improved and should benefit from playing in a lower classification where it will be hard for offensive linemen to handle U of A commitment Ferrell. I am not that familiar with Hazen, but they do seem to be in everyone else's teams to watch. Looks like they will have a huge Sr. class and should build on last year's 9-3 season. Like Fordyce, Junction City will enjoy returning to class 2-A where they dominated for so long. They are losing their top three rushers as well as their leading passer and tackler, but everyone knows the well never runs dry in South Arkansas/North Louisiana. One thing for sure, a couple of these teams will not fare as well as expected and there will be a couple come out of nowhere to compete. Last year most everyone including myself thought that either Rison or CHG if not both would be playing in the championship game, and few if any thought it would be a 2A-7 matchup with Foreman winning it all. Guess that's one of the reasons I love this sport so much. You never know what to expect.

Ferrell will be in Fayetteville next year . But other than that looks good

IdaLions

Quote from: stuck in between on January 10, 2018, 11:11:08 am
1. Foreman
2. Conway Christian
3. Hazen
5. Mount Ida

I can go along with this one. Foreman will have to have some guys step up to fill some open spots on the O-Line, but returning two of their top three all-purpose yard backs along with their top two leading tacklers will help for sure. I look for Carver to really complement Batey in the backfield next year having a year to mature and adjust to Sr. high ball. Finding a replacement for Green at the other slot position may take a game or two. Conway Christian really looks like they are set up nicely for a title run this year only losing 7 from their 11-2 season. I think you are probably playing down Mount Ida's potential returning both LaGrange, Jackson, and Dyer will ensure they have plenty of fire power on offense and Saylors had a very solid year on the defensive side of the ball. Fordyce competed well in class 3-A last year starting a slew of Freshmen they will be even more improved and should benefit from playing in a lower classification where it will be hard for most offensive linemen to handle UofA commitment Ferrell. I am not that familiar with Hazen, but they do seem to be in everyone else's teams to watch. Looks like they will have a huge Sr. class and should build on last year's 9-3 season. Like Fordyce, Junction City will enjoy returning to class 2-A where they dominated for so long. They are losing their top three rushers as well as their leading passer and tackler, but everyone knows the well never runs dry in South Arkansas/North Louisiana. One thing for sure, a couple of these teams will not fare as well as expected and there will be a couple come out of nowhere to compete. Last year most everyone including myself thought that either Rison or CHG, if not both would be playing in the championship game, and few if any thought it would be a 2A-7 matchup with Foreman winning it all. Guess that's one of the reasons I love this sport so much. You never know what to expect.
Mount Ida loses 2 lineman that both have won the Burlsworth Award and also a 280lb lineman. Even with that firepower (Lagrange, Dyer, Jackson) Its hard to run without a good line. I'm not saying that the line won't be good, but replacing those 3 and also a tight end is tough for a tiny 1A school.

hesmine_lionpride

Quote from: IdaLions on January 10, 2018, 09:22:46 pm
Mount Ida loses 2 lineman that both have won the Burlsworth Award and also a 280lb lineman. Even with that firepower (Lagrange, Dyer, Jackson) Its hard to run without a good line. I'm not saying that the line won't be good, but replacing those 3 and also a tight end is tough for a tiny 1A school.
You are right. They are losing some great lineman! They are gaining a 6'4" 290 lb lineman from 9th grade though. No doubt he'll be trouble for anyone on the o line

southarkdaddy

1. Junction City
2. Foreman
3. Conway Christian
4. Hazen
5. Hampton

OLionSwag74

Just throwing this out there, the senior class coming up for Mount Ida has a career record of 96-3. I know you can´t compare peewee football to anything. But, nontheless these kids know how to win.

doctor in the house

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on January 11, 2018, 11:40:32 am
Just throwing this out there, the senior class coming up for Mount Ida has a career record of 96-3. I know you can´t compare peewee football to anything. But, nontheless these kids know how to win.

+1

BO_KNOWS

Hampton should be in top 12.. I see it headed back to the old days.

godgiven999

Gurdon Go-Devils are back, put them back in the Top 5!

THA TRUTH

Glad we got some comedy back on these boards

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Hampton? Do they get another all-state move in that the coaches ego can get in the way of and cost them another state title? Hampton is a joke.

HG Hornet

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 21, 2018, 08:16:24 pm
Hampton? Do they get another all-state move in that the coaches ego can get in the way of and cost them another state title? Hampton is a joke.
BOOM CHICKA BOOM :)

beach bum

Or blame the refs when a more aggressive, better coached, fundamentally sound, hard nosed team, with a much better defense beats them by 1 in the title game. That made my day when they became the ongoing excuse train for that loss.

Old Scrapper

Dang it fellow, that be funny right there.

dawgpound

I see pick is still has a hard on for Hampton

THA TRUTH

Na prolly just has a problem with Hampton as a whole.... its a town filled with nothing but trash

old.dole

There are some good people over at Hampton. The crap ones just cover all the good ones up

Rida4Life

And most of the crap ones have FF accounts!

bleudog

July 31, 2018, 04:30:41 pm #31 Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:35:47 pm by bleudog
Quote from: IdaLions on January 10, 2018, 09:22:46 pm

If Mt Ida loses two Burlsworth recipients, you could also say Mt. Ida has been to the state championship game at least twice in the last four years.  That says volumes in and of itself.

HG Hornet

Quote from: bleudog on July 31, 2018, 04:30:41 pm
If Mt Ida loses two lineman who are Burlsworth recipients, you can also say Mt. Ida has been to the state championship game at least twice in the last four years.  That say volumes in and of itself.
My son's Hornets were eliminated one game shy of the title game, two years in a row, by Mt. Ida.  The Lions players were all businesslike and weren't trash talkers.  They took care of business and were very sportsmanlike in doing so.  I think those big linemen are the key.  LaGrange couldn't power up the middle for that short, but effective ground game without them.  3 yards and a cloud of dust is what we weren't equipped to stop and that's their style.  If those guys have graduated, Ida may be in trouble this year. 

bleudog

July 31, 2018, 05:41:50 pm #33 Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:43:16 pm by bleudog
Quote from: CHG Hornet on July 31, 2018, 05:24:35 pm
My son's Hornets were eliminated one game shy of the title game, two years in a row, by Mt. Ida.  The Lions players were all businesslike and weren't trash talkers.  They took care of business and were very sportsmanlike in doing so.  I think those big linemen are the key.  LaGrange couldn't power up the middle for that short, but effective ground game without them.  3 yards and a cloud of dust is what we weren't equipped to stop and that's their style.  If those guys have graduated, Ida may be in trouble this year. 

Does MI have the same coach they had in 2007?

JC went to MI that year and lost a 22-20 quarter final game.  Terms like "all businesslike and weren't trash talkers" and "very sportsmanlike" wouldn't be terms I would have used to describe MI in that 2007 game.  The Dragons running backs were getting regularly worked over at the bottom of the pile.  One had his helmet ripped off while at the bottom of a pile.  We were thankful his head wasn't still in it.  :o

HG Hornet

Quote from: bleudog on July 31, 2018, 05:41:50 pm

JC went to MI that year and lost a 22-20 quarter final game.  Terms like "all businesslike and weren't trash talkers" and "very sportsmanlike" wouldn't be terms I would have used to describe MI in that 2007 game.  The Dragons had a running back who had his helmet ripped off while at the bottom of a pile.  We were thankful his head wasn't still in it.  :o
Naw, nothing like that in the games I watched. 

bigworm

MI plays with as much heart as anyone in the country. Kids born there and raised there lay it all on the line every friday night. Nutn but respect for them.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: bleudog on July 31, 2018, 05:41:50 pm

JC went to MI that year and lost a 22-20 quarter final game.  Terms like "all businesslike and weren't trash talkers" and "very sportsmanlike" wouldn't be terms I would have used to describe MI in that 2007 game.  The Dragons had a running back who had his helmet ripped off while at the bottom of a pile.  We were thankful his head wasn't still in it.  :o

That RB was pound for pound one of the best to do it at JC.... MI won that game on a fake field goal that money baker acted like he was tying on the kicking shoe at the numbers  then took off for a diving catch.... that guy single handily took them to state almost comparable to Dixon a few years back

IdaLions

Quote from: bleudog on July 31, 2018, 04:30:41 pm
If Mt Ida loses two Burlsworth recipients, you could also say Mt. Ida has been to the state championship game at least twice in the last four years.  That says volumes in and of itself.

The senior class at Mount Ida knows how to win.. The past two years they have went 28-2 and have been basically unstoppable. If they keep there heads screwed on straight they have a chance for 3 title appearances in a row. It's all about how bad they want it.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: IdaLions on August 05, 2018, 07:33:40 am
The senior class at Mount Ida knows how to win.. The past two years they have went 28-2 and have been basically unstoppable. If they keep there heads screwed on straight they have a chance for 3 title appearances in a row. It's all about how bad they want it.

How many showed up for fall camp at Mt. Ida? I was hearing some serious concerns last spring from a Ida father that their numbers were so low, that he was concerned that they may not be able to field a team. 

Cheek

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 05, 2018, 09:04:27 am
How many showed up for fall camp at Mt. Ida? I was hearing some serious concerns last spring from a Ida father that their numbers were so low, that he was concerned that they may not be able to field a team.

If they were that concerned,  they would go win 8 man.   

IdaLions

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 05, 2018, 09:04:27 am

I don't know a exact number but around 17-20, very low numbers for Mount Ida compared to recent years

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Cheek on August 05, 2018, 10:43:20 am
If they were that concerned,  they would go win 8 man.

16 kids are out, 13 of which are seniors.

Cheek

Quote from: fann07 on August 05, 2018, 08:17:05 pm

I know and that stinks.  My Ida really produces some hard nosed kids who will hit you in the mouth and make you like it.  I have watched film, and they look like a well oiled machine. It is amazing that they have been rolling through 2A with 1A enrollment. I knew the numbers game would eventually catch up with them, and it may be next year.

HG Hornet

Quote from: fann07 on August 05, 2018, 08:17:05 pm
With their recent success, you would think that lots of young men would be anxious to keep the winning tradition going.  If they've only got 16 out, they better hope the injury bug doesn't get em.

Cheek

Quote from: CHG Hornet on August 05, 2018, 10:25:37 pm
With their recent success, you would think that lots of young men would be anxious to keep the winning tradition going.  If they've only got 16 out, they better hope the injury bug doesn't get em.

It is not that they won't play,  they don't have the kids period. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: Cheek on August 05, 2018, 11:03:56 pm
Oh, I see.  That would be quite a shame for the community if they go from state champs to no team in just a few short years. 

BlueNGold52

Quote from: Cheek on August 05, 2018, 11:03:56 pm

There are some athletic kids in both the Jr and sophmore classes but they just don't seem to want to commit to and be dedicated to football and the discipline required to play at a high level and anything less than full commitment isn't accepted in the program therefore they choose to not play. In my opinion I guess its best because the kids who have came through Coach Whites system over the past few years are mostly all good well mannered young men.

Mt Ida will be good this year but the #'s are going to hurt them for sure.

HorseFeathers

Only about 105 kids in 10-12 for Mt Ida this year...they've lost 60 kids in school enrollment the last 5 years...

brotherdew

It is true that the enrollment numbers are down for Mount Ida's high school, but they had around 20 boys in offseason basketball last year who didn't play football. Most of them were underclassmen. That's a lot of boys.

IdaLions

Quote from: brotherdew on August 09, 2018, 11:20:23 am
It is true that the enrollment numbers are down for Mount Ida's high school, but they had around 20 boys in offseason basketball last year who didn't play football. Most of them were underclassmen. That's a lot of boys.

Last year Mount Ida only had 2 sophomores on the roster, and only 2 freshman moved up after the season was over. This whole team is senior led all around.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas