• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It sure would be nice to see some activity in this forum this year!: Part MMXII

Started by sevenof400, July 02, 2013, 04:53:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

CMS hosts LR Hall tomorrow. Should present a much bigger challenge than what Lisa Academy brought last Thursday. 

1-Adam-12

Hall was 1-16 last season.  They do not emphasize volleyball a lot.  They won a total of six GAMES last season....still they are a higher classification team and might be a good test.

gatecrasher

CMS JV swept Hall (25-21, 25-23).

Lady Eagles just took first game of varsity match 25-13.

gatecrasher

Hall's girls are athletic but not as well coached as we are, according to some folks in attendance here.

1-Adam-12

Booneville is off the mark, beating Lavaca in three straight (26-24, 25-22, 25-12).  They played tonight how they are capable of playing every time.

Big rivalry game against Paris at home Thursday night.  Paris had a rough go with Jessieville tonight, but the Lady Eagles beat the Lady Lions in 5.

Others (per Twitter):  GW beat Rogers in 4 and Southside beat Bentonville in 5.

Valleysports

Lady Cyclones celebrate after defeating the Greenwood Lady Bulldogs for the Class 6a state championship held at Valley View high school in Blazer Gymnasium in 2012.

DogsWin7

Greenwood is coming.  Bank on it Valley!   Another thing....one of Greenwoods awesome Volleyball players was wrote about in the Times Record.   You should really read current articles:)

Waldron has losses to a good Shiloh Christian team and Fountain Lake. According to schedule Lavaca travels to Waldron today. 

1-Adam-12

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 05, 2013, 12:20:42 pm
Greenwood is coming.  Bank on it Valley!   Another thing....one of Greenwoods awesome Volleyball players was wrote about in the Times Record.   You should really read current articles:)

Waldron has losses to a good Shiloh Christian team and Fountain Lake. According to schedule Lavaca travels to Waldron today. 

Booneville played Lavaca Tuesday and they played us close the first two games, then collapsed in the third.  Just giving you an idea about what might happen.

Valleysports

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 05, 2013, 12:20:42 pm

You'd better put a Facemask on your bulldogs, gonna be some blood shed!

1-Adam-12

Booneville makes an incredible comeback in the third set after splitting the first two with Paris.  The Lady Cats were down 23-10, came all the way back to win the third set, and ended up winning the match in four sets 25-20, 22-25, 26-24, 25-23.  BHS had some incredible performances tonight.

I have never seen any team come from as far back as Booneville did, and especially to do it against a quality team like Paris is a fine achievement.

A good win to go into the Mena Tournament on.

AT

Per Kevin Taylor tweet

"Alma gets 16 kills from Aubrey Bailey and rallies past Greenbrier, 22-25, 25-20, 25-21, 25-21 in 5A-West opener."

DogsWin7

Valley.....Greenwood girls don't get scared.   They play to win. 

I realize that Russellville is a good team but I'm telling you Greenwood is as well.

AT

Alma beats Har-Ber in volleyball in five sets. Don't have exact point totals for the sets. Impressive win.

AT

Alma beats Huntsville 25-14, 25-18, 25-22 to complete 5A-West sweep of Lady Eagles.

Alma is now 2-0 in conference.

All this information coming from Kevin Taylor's twitter, @Kevin_TimesRec

Valleysports

AT

Kevin Taylor ‏@Kevin_TimesRec 1h

5A-WEST FINAL: Alma def. Vilonia 25-12, 25-20, 25-21. Four straight for AHS, 4-5, 3-0

Lionheart88

WHHS fell to Camden Fairview tonight in 5 sets.  Don't have all the scores, but the last was 25-22, IIRC.

gatecrasher

What's CF like? Any good? They travel up here to face CMS next week. We've lost 2 straight (both squads). These girls need a win.

Something I'm liking from Kaylee though: she is hating losing. It pisses her off.

ricepig

sevenof400

Quote from: ricepig on September 13, 2013, 09:43:25 am
Quote from: Valleysports on September 06, 2013, 02:45:23 pm
Anyone have updates on Jonesboro?

3-1 in conference, lost last night to Cabot 16-14 in the fifth game.

Were you there Ricepig?
That was a much anticipated match by a few folks I know....

1-Adam-12

Gate--

CF came to the Mena tournament and were completely overmatched in pool play. Mansfield, Booneville, and Waldron had no trouble with them. Played Jessieville closer but lost that one too.  Do not know how they fared vs Fountain Lake in the main tournament but would suspect they lost as FL is pretty good.

When Booneville played CF we found if you can overpower them early, they will probably not play well the rest of the time.  They have some good athletes but they were not playing together.  In one game we scored the first 11 points. 

If CMS plays well they could grab a win.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 13, 2013, 11:23:50 am
Quote from: ricepig on September 13, 2013, 09:43:25 am
Quote from: Valleysports on September 06, 2013, 02:45:23 pm
Anyone have updates on Jonesboro?

3-1 iWwwn conference, lost last night to Cabot 16-14 in the fifth game.

Were you there Ricepig?
That was a much anticipated match by a few folks I know....

Nope, just caught the score in the paper. I heard from someone who was there that we didn't play our best, but that was probably due to Cabot.

Valleysports

The worst absolutely worst place to play on earth.  CHEATING!  However if they've still got the two women who've been there forever, they make horrible calls even on their own team.  I've seen the ball spiked straight down on the floor, bounce 10 ft high and Cabot keep playing it..  Ha ha it's crazy!!!   ;D  Oh and be prepared for you girls to be called obscenities by the student body, who will sneak up behind the visitors bench.

1-Adam-12

Quad today in Booneville:  Paris wins all three of their matches, beats Booneville in 4 in the finale.  Booneville had rolled Lincoln and Clarksville, and the Lady Wolves took CHS in three straight.

Lionheart88

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 13, 2013, 09:25:10 am
What's CF like? Any good? They travel up here to face CMS next week. We've lost 2 straight (both squads). These girls need a win.

Something I'm liking from Kaylee though: she is hating losing. It pisses her off.

Honestly I don't know volleyball well enough to say.  We got a program maybe 6 years ago and have been slowly improving, missed the playoffs last year by a tiebreaker.  If that general level stays true, CF's a marginal playoff team in 5A.

TheHogHead

1-Adam-12

Booneville goes to Lavaca and takes all three from the Arrows. Lady Cats open conference against Ashdown at home tonight.

Greenwood beat Paris in three last night in GW.

1-Adam-12

From the western part of the state:

Booneville beats Ashdown in 4
Southside sweeps Conway
Mansfield takes West Fork in 4
Heritage over Van Buren in 4
Greenwood rolls over Hall in 3. Hall scored a total of 20 points in the three games. 
All these per Twitter except for Booneville game which I attended.

Valleysports

QuoteGreenwood rolls over Hall in 3. Hall scored a total of 20 points in the three games.

Sounds like Hall is getting better!  :)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 17, 2013, 09:38:46 pm
QuoteGreenwood rolls over Hall in 3. Hall scored a total of 20 points in the three games.

Sounds like Hall is getting better!  :)

Or Greenwood had some service problems......

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 17, 2013, 08:24:15 pm
Russellville over MSM in 4 - sloppy!

Do y'all not play tennis, I saw where J'boro rolled Russvegas yesterday, 9-0 in boys, and 12-0 in girls?

Valleysports

Heck if I know!  I used to like tennis when I was young, that would be a great sport for me to take up again...  You play tennis ricepig?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 18, 2013, 11:12:03 am
Heck if I know!  I used to like tennis when I was young, that would be a great sport for me to take up again...  You play tennis ricepig?

Nope, golf, but my youngest plays tennis. I'm too old and fat, I probably should play more, it wouldn't hurt. Well, actually it probably would, I messed up my rotator cuff pitching bp last summer to his team, I'm going to have to have surgery to play either again.

Valleysports

Tore mine 20 yrs ago.  Used to get Cortisone Shots when I took golf serious.  I've found that swimming strengthens and helps it in the summer.  Although I just felt it trying to get the tractor wheel, lug bolts, off....  ::)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 18, 2013, 12:13:43 pm
Tore mine 20 yrs ago.  Used to get Cortisone Shots when I took golf serious.  I've found that swimming strengthens and helps it in the summer.  Although I just felt it trying to get the tractor wheel, lug bolts, off....  ::)

Yeah, I tried rehab and rest this past 6 months, but to play golf, shot basketball, or hit my 85 mph serve, I'll need surgery.

DogsWin7

1-Adam-12

And to complete the 4A West I heard that Arkadelphia beat Malvern in 4.

Booneville plays Malvern tomorrow and I understand Waldron takes on Arkadelphia, leaving Mena against Ashdown.

Looks like Mena will have an easy time of it, the other matches could be interesting.  But I'll go with the Lady Cats and Lady Bulldogs to take the wins in those.

1-Adam-12

Booneville sweeps Malvern.

Paris does the same to Lavaca and Southside likewise to GW, per Twitter.

AT

DogsWin7

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on September 19, 2013, 08:34:02 pm
Booneville sweeps Malvern.

Paris does the same to Lavaca and Southside likewise to GW, per Twitter.

Twitter was correct.:(

Waldron defeated Arkadelphia per text.

Valleysports

1-Adam-12

Back when I mentioned Atkins was a team to watch I did not expect that they would be undefeated at this point.  But they are and they haven't exactly been playing the worst teams either.

In addition to Booneville, Atkins has knocked off Harding Academy and Conway Christian who both made some noise at state last year. Looks like a lot of progress has been made in Red Devil country.

sevenof400

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on September 23, 2013, 12:10:11 pm
Back when I mentioned Atkins was a team to watch I did not expect that they would be undefeated at this point.  But they are and they haven't exactly been playing the worst teams either.

In addition to Booneville, Atkins has knocked off Harding Academy and Conway Christian who both made some noise at state last year. Looks like a lot of progress has been made in Red Devil country.

Harding is a shadow of its former self and while I have not seen Conway Christian, I have seen Atkins this year and I agree 1-Adam-12, they are much improved.

1-Adam-12

Booneville travels to Waldron in a 4A West match tomorrow.  If both teams play up to their capabilities, this one is going to be a very good match.

The Lady Cats have won five of their last six and are 2-0 in the conference, while the Lady Bulldogs had the misfortune of having Mena as their conference opener.  They are 1-1 after beating Arkadelphia on Thursday.

It's a team that is hot and confident vs. a team with a lot of tradition on their side. Booneville has been coming and many think this might be their best team ever, but I can't remember when Waldron lost a conference match to anyone but Mena.

Could get really interesting if both teams are playing well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas