• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How did Osceola beat Rison??

Started by jazdill, December 08, 2018, 02:04:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jazdill

No clue had they made it to the finals

1wildcat

Booneville has a better pass defense, plus the cold rainy weather never favors a passing team.

ISU7

They score more points. Rison defense wasn't nothing like Booneville

jazdill

I feel Rison would have had a heck of a lot better showing against Booneville than this Osceola team. Osceola may have talent but it ends there.

jazdill

lol....2nd string keeps them out of endzone!!!

flow51

Partsman

Didn't see the game but I would think by scoring more points.

Nature Boy

1wildcat

A team that relies on their passing game plus cold rainy weather is always a good recipe for disaster.

Headhunter15

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 08, 2018, 02:33:38 pm
A team that relies on their passing game plus cold rainy weather is always a good recipe for disaster.

They did just fine against smackover  ???  Don't make that an excuse for them now

Nature Boy

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 08, 2018, 02:39:40 pm
They did just fine against smackover  ???  Don't make that an excuse for them now

ran into great team today. Osceola is young almost everyone back.

Rison had their chance to beat Osceola.

1wildcat

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 08, 2018, 02:39:40 pm
Not making any excuse for anyone, just how it is.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Nature Boy on December 08, 2018, 02:41:42 pm
ran into great team today. Osceola is young almost everyone back.

Rison had their chance to beat Osceola.
Yeah ran into a good team. Losing about 7 seniors so everybody coming back next year. Good season Osceola

501Arkansas

Rison isn't good as Booneville that's why lol

1wildcat

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 08, 2018, 02:52:05 pm
Rison isn't good as Booneville that's why lol
Probably not, but they wouldn't have shut us out.

501Arkansas

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 08, 2018, 02:58:55 pm
Probably not, but they wouldn't have shut us out.
Doesn't matter, y'all didnt make it. We'll be back next year

1wildcat

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 08, 2018, 02:59:56 pm
Doesn't matter, y'all didnt make it. We'll be back next year
I hope so, looking forward to it. Congratulations on a great season.

NEark tigers

The reason why Osecola beat Rison because Osceola scored more points than Rison.

1wildcat

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 08, 2018, 03:04:17 pm
The reason why Osecola beat Rison because Osceola scored more points than Rison.
You really figure that out by yourself, or did 501 have to explain it to you? ;D

501Arkansas

Quote from: jazdill on December 08, 2018, 02:04:49 pm
No clue had they made it to the finals
I'll help you, we beat Mansfield, fouke, smackover and rison. Lost to a darn good Booneville team anything else ma'am?

501Arkansas

Quote from: jazdill on December 08, 2018, 02:23:04 pm
I feel Rison would have had a heck of a lot better showing against Booneville than this Osceola team. Osceola may have talent but it ends there.
Too bad we'll never know because we put you guys out. EASILY

CapnObvious

Prescott is the 2nd best team in the state without a doubt . There is no way Osceola would beat them ..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CapnObvious on December 08, 2018, 03:57:54 pm
Prescott is the 2nd best team in the state without a doubt . There is no way Osceola would beat them ..
Annnnnnnd no one cares. Booneville is #1. All that matters.

wildcatrider

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 08, 2018, 03:49:47 pm
Too bad we'll never know because we put you guys out. EASILY

Y'all beat us by 9. Y'all got beat by 35. Who got beat EASILY???

501Arkansas

Quote from: wildcatrider on December 08, 2018, 04:07:26 pm
Y'all beat us by 9. Y'all got beat by 35. Who got beat EASILY???
And we sent y'all home how home been this week for y'all?

ISU7

flow51

Quote from: Nature Boy on December 08, 2018, 02:29:20 pm
You're an embarrassment to Rison

🙄🤣 some people's kids... good luck to Rivercrest next year ISU7!

wildcatrider

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 08, 2018, 04:16:53 pm
And we sent y'all home how home been this week for y'all?

About like that bus ride home today was for y'all except we could actually scores points.  You wanted to do all that trash talking all week.  And y'all couldn't even score.  Talking about their speed was so slow.  HAHA. They smoked yall!!  Maybe next year 501. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: wildcatrider on December 08, 2018, 06:52:37 pm
About like that bus ride home today was for y'all except we could actually scores points.  You wanted to do all that trash talking all week.  And y'all couldn't even score.  Talking about their speed was so slow.  HAHA. They smoked yall!!  Maybe next year 501.
Yup maybe y'all can make it to the semifinals 😂😂😂😂 NEXT year you couldn't this year😂😂

WonderWartHawg

I guess Osceola spent it all on Rison last week. Sure wasn't the same team Rison played, and it was partly, but not all, because of Booneville's defense.

Buck Beefheart

Paperman

Osceola qb overthrew 4 wide open receivers in Rison win. Should have been much larger margin.
Seminoles bear Smackover with ground game. Defense played well in that mud.
Osceola got beat by a better team Saturday. Three red zone trips and no scores. They had their chances to make a game of it and couldn't score.

Skip Baymore

Because they were a better team than Rison this year.   Smackover might have been too?

1wildcat

Quote from: Paperman on December 09, 2018, 09:37:23 pm
Osceola qb overthrew 4 wide open receivers in Rison win. Should have been much larger margin.
Seminoles bear Smackover with ground game. Defense played well in that mud.
Osceola got beat by a better team Saturday. Three red zone trips and no scores. They had their chances to make a game of it and couldn't score.
So how many points do you think should be awarded for overthrowing 4 wide open receivers? In my opinion it should be about the same number you get for fumbling 5 times. But that's just me.

501Arkansas

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 10, 2018, 12:57:28 pm
So how many points do you think should be awarded for overthrowing 4 wide open receivers? In my opinion it should be about the same number you get for fumbling 5 times. But that's just me.
😂😂😂😂

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 10, 2018, 12:57:28 pm
You're fortunate if you don't get minus points for either of those. In case someone doesn't get implications and needs it spelled out, that means points for the other team.

1wildcat

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 10, 2018, 01:02:21 pm
You're fortunate if you don't get minus points for either of those. In case someone doesn't get implications and needs it spelled out, that means points for the other team.
Exactly. It was a good game, and Osceola came out on top. And I thought the scoreboard operator done an excellent job making sure both teams were credited with every point they should have received. ;)

MR#1

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 09, 2018, 11:53:21 pm
Because they were a better team than Rison this year.   Smackover might have been too?

When you get down to the final eight teams, more often than not, a winning team was the better team on a particular night. Osceola was better than Rison on the night they played. That's all you can conclude. As for Smackover, they might have beaten Rison, but we'll never know as Smackover didn't make it to the semi-finals. Osceola was the better team on the night they played. I was hoping for a Rison vs Smackover semi-final game; those teams have a rich history of playing one another, most often in nonconference regular season games.

bjp

Quote from: MR#1 on December 10, 2018, 01:53:56 pm
When you get down to the final eight teams, more often than not, a winning team was the better team on a particular night. Osceola was better than Rison on the night they played. That's all you can conclude. As for Smackover, they might have beaten Rison, but we'll never know as Smackover didn't make it to the semi-finals. Osceola was the better team on the night they played. I was hoping for a Rison vs Smackover semi-final game; those teams have a rich history of playing one another, most often in nonconference regular season games.

We even got to play them twice my Junior year

Paperman

Say what you want. Go ahead laugh. Make your sillh jokes. Have your fun.
But know this, OSCEOLA was on the field Saturday playing for a state title. The rest of you so called experts teams were sitting at home wishing they were doing the same.
Osceola lost to a great team. Everyone who lost to Osceola this season lost to a great team as well.

Da Truff

I heard that Osceola drove into LR on saturday morning, I was told they left Osceola around 4am to get to the game, is there any truth to this? 
If this is true that kind of trip would have a huge impact on a teams performance.

1wildcat

Quote from: Da Truff on December 11, 2018, 01:13:26 pm
I heard that Osceola drove into LR on saturday morning, I was told they left Osceola around 4am to get to the game, is there any truth to this? 
If this is true that kind of trip would have a huge impact on a teams performance.
Rison chartered a bus to Osceola, that bus broke down causing them to spend a couple hours on the side of the highway with a broken bus. But if the trip causes your team to perform worse than it should then the coaches just need to do a better job planning the trip.

Just like other excuses, bad trips, fumble's, and overthrown passes do not score you any points. And the final score is all that matters.

CatPride

It really would not have mattered when they got there, the result would have been the same. Osceola ran into a buzz saw Saturday with a real defense.

Jimbo Morphis

If you have ever talked to a high school coach that took a team and stayed in a hotel over night, They did the right thing leaving early in the morning.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Oldman on December 11, 2018, 01:53:47 pm
If you have ever talked to a high school coach that took a team and stayed in a hotel over night, They did the right thing leaving early in the morning.

Depends on the group.  Cats went down Friday at 8:30am. Had the practice and all that jazz, had dinner and stayed in a hotel.  Got up early, breakfast, mid morning snack, then laid the hammer.  I know exactly what your meaning OM.  That's where the senior leadership comes in to make sure everyone is there for business.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 11, 2018, 02:20:36 pm
Depends on the group.  Cats went down Friday at 8:30am. Had the practice and all that jazz, had dinner and stayed in a hotel.  Got up early, breakfast, mid morning snack, then laid the hammer.  I know exactly what your meaning OM.  That's where the senior leadership comes in to make sure everyone is there for business.
Impressive and rare.

beaverfan007

501Arkansas

Quote from: CatPride on December 11, 2018, 01:46:12 pm
It really would not have mattered when they got there, the result would have been the same. Osceola ran into a buzz saw Saturday with a real defense.
Lol

ISU7

Someone told you a big fib. I work on Saturday's have to be there a 7 am. I was behind the Osceola team bus. They left the school at exactly 6:50 am

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on January 29, 2019, 10:21:25 pm
Someone told you a big fib. I work on Saturday's have to be there a 7 am. I was behind the Osceola team bus. They left the school at exactly 6:50 am
Takes longer when the bus has to stop at Rivercrest.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas