• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is Eric Sullivan?

Started by Quite Frankly, March 19, 2007, 02:59:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly

As usual, your "humor" escapes me.  Please no more frontal shots of your sister.  Less is better.

RGP

Eric moved down to Tyler, Texas last year to take over the New Sports Anchor/Director at one of the CBS affiliates there. He covers the Cowboys a lot and the Mavericks too.
Still gets on Hogville every now and then...

Quite Frankly

Quote from: RunningGamePower on March 19, 2007, 03:52:54 pm
Eric moved down to Tyler, Texas last year to take over the New Sports Anchor/Director at one of the CBS affiliates there. He covers the Cowboys a lot and the Mavericks too.

Thanks you sir.  I miss him on Ch 5.  They've had a revolving door since then.  He did more for promoting hs football in the NW and river valley than anyone and generally gave a crap.

5 screwed him over.

RGP

Quote from: Quite Frankly on March 19, 2007, 04:00:55 pm
Quote from: RunningGamePower on March 19, 2007, 03:52:54 pm

Thanks you sir.  I miss him on Ch 5.  They've had a revolving door since then.  He did more for promoting hs football in the NW and river valley than anyone and generally gave a crap.

5 screwed him over.
Majorly.
He cut ties with them back in 2005 and was very classy about the whole situation. Then he sort of hung low for a while before taking this post last year.
He was great for the state of Arkansas and I have no doubt he will be back in a while...

Quite Frankly

I'm a CH 5 guy, but his departure and the reasons behind it almost got me to switch.  Irwin is certainly not a leading sports guy for that type of job.  I think he'd rather not do it that often too.  Of course now they have some girl........ ??

RGP

Irwin is great with his knowledge of the Hogs and his coverage of them. However, he lacks the enthusiam and charisma that Sully displayed.
Also, it seems at times that he doesn't enjoy covering high school sports...isn't very good at it either...

Quite Frankly

With cable and internet, it's in the best interest of local sportcasters to focus as much as they can on very local stuff.  Hog's and high school should dominate local sports.  it does to a degree...but HS is shortchanged.

RGP

Quote from: Pete Carroll on March 20, 2007, 02:52:31 pm
Sullivan had a love for all things Arkansas(High School, and the Hogs).
Not completely. He loved NWA High School sports but his reason for firing was refusal to go down to the River Valley area and cover more there.

RGP

Travel more to the River Valley.

RGP

Quite Frankly

THey wanted him to broadcast from the FT Smith studio.  He refused.  To cover the Hogs adequately, he righfully thought it was stupid.  He knew that NWA was a growing market and was in fact was a RIver Valley guy.  He also knew and recongized that NWA was were the $$$ was and allowed him more Hog info.

The sad fact is even with him spending more time in Wash/Benton CO, he stilled cared and covered more for the RValley than that station has since he left.

In other words, his minimizing of the RV compared to Fay,SD, ROger etc STILL was better than what they've done since then.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas