• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL.....Rogers 37, Shawnee 0

Started by Yee-Haw, September 15, 2006, 09:56:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yee-Haw

bulldogs1159

Now its time to see if Rogers can finally keep its winning ways going into confrence or see if they fall again this year. The Rogers games I have seen show me this. If Kirby goes down so does the Mounties.

marchmadness

I don't think too many people are that impressed with Peacock. Has he ever heard of sportsmanship?  Better yet, are those 125 plus players on the sidelines dummies or real players?  If they are for real, then as a parent, booster, administrator, alumni, ect., I would be asking why this AD, which makes it even worse then being just the head coach, continues to leave his first string in the entire game and chunk the ball in the 4th quarter with less than 5 min. to go, with at least 4 TD's ahead.  There is no excuse for a coach like this.  The kids are learning exactly how the world ended up with a TO as a pro player.  It will be amazing to see his response next year, when he drops back to his usual 3-4  wins at Rogers and see how it feels to be on the other end of the stick.  But, then again, I don't know any coaches as arrogant as he .  They are too busy instilling in the athletes the concept about sportsmanship, which in reality is what each and every game should have has it's primary objective.  It's not about the polls, the number of TD's, the number of passing yardage, the number of shutouts, or points allowed, Mr. Peacock.  It's about teaching young men about team work and good sportsmanship.  Evidently, your team is 22 people, or 21 if your play your big guy both ways again, when you are whipping up on a lesser team.  You don't deserve to have Coach in front of your name as long as you continue this year doing teams this way for the 3rd week.  Oh, and add to that, your obvious acception to playing rap music when the other opponent has the ball, so loudly in your jumbotron stereo, that many eardrums in the young children could be easily ruptured, not to mention the elderly or people in general who might suffer from sinus problems, or ear problems.  Your never play your classy music when your offense has the ball, and your great ingenious way of playing it every OTHER play when the opponent huddles, is a great no brainer to try and once again, still a few mistakes in a deceitful manner.  It is great for a group of cheerleaders or band to drive for hours to hear such obnoxious music over and over and kind of the school not to let them play or cheer.  Gee, it really must be nice to have Tyson and Wal-Mart to give your poor school all these toys that no one else in the state has, or would even think of and WANT!  Here's to another shut out where the 125 players plus, never touch the ball, unless you might call a time out with 10 seconds, but that is time to chunk another TD down the field.  Please reconsider all the unsportsmanlike things that are directly tying Coach Peacock to Rogers football team and all the things that are occurring.  If you are a religious man, then you will realize that even though this year, you can't get enough, there's always, or usually a next year waiting on you.  And, what goes around, generally will come back and bite you.  Don't do it for yourself, but do it for the players, b/c they deserve better.
   I think much more of a coach and team when they have some main players go down to injuries early on in the game, but elect to play mainly their varsity to give them experience for this year and next year and to see how they will respond to the big Rogers.  Marion gave Rogers as much as they could for 3 quarters with these "b"  players, while you continued to play ALL your starters and was chunking the ball for the endzone with less then 4 min. left.  Do you not think that these players saw your character flaw, or did you even care?  All these games have been non-conf., so let's hope for your sake that YOU have no injuries, and you have plenty of home games to play your music  (Now, we know why you play teams to come and play you at home, stating you are short a home game, begging to pay for all expenses, then you're on school program showed you had "7" home games!  That's more than most teams ever get.  It's usually much closer, but you know that, just another antic to work your majic, while letting your rick sponsors pay the bill to get anyone across state lines, or across the entire state of AR)

MV

With spelling like that, you must be a Marion graduate
Quote from: marchmadness on September 16, 2006, 12:24:33 am
I don't think too many people are that impressed with Peacock. Has he ever heard of sportsmanship?  Better yet, are those 125 plus players on the sidelines dummies or real players?  If they are for real, then as a parent, booster, administrator, alumni, ect., I would be asking why this AD, which makes it even worse then being just the head coach, continues to leave his first string in the entire game and chunk the ball in the 4th quarter with less than 5 min. to go, with at least 4 TD's ahead.  There is no excuse for a coach like this.  The kids are learning exactly how the world ended up with a TO as a pro player.  It will be amazing to see his response next year, when he drops back to his usual 3-4  wins at Rogers and see how it feels to be on the other end of the stick.  But, then again, I don't know any coaches as arrogant as he .  They are too busy instilling in the athletes the concept about sportsmanship, which in reality is what each and every game should have has it's primary objective.  It's not about the polls, the number of TD's, the number of passing yardage, the number of shutouts, or points allowed, Mr. Peacock.  It's about teaching young men about team work and good sportsmanship.  Evidently, your team is 22 people, or 21 if your play your big guy both ways again, when you are whipping up on a lesser team.  You don't deserve to have Coach in front of your name as long as you continue this year doing teams this way for the 3rd week.  Oh, and add to that, your obvious acception to playing rap music when the other opponent has the ball, so loudly in your jumbotron stereo, that many eardrums in the young children could be easily ruptured, not to mention the elderly or people in general who might suffer from sinus problems, or ear problems.  Your never play your classy music when your offense has the ball, and your great ingenious way of playing it every OTHER play when the opponent huddles, is a great no brainer to try and once again, still a few mistakes in a deceitful manner.  It is great for a group of cheerleaders or band to drive for hours to hear such obnoxious music over and over and kind of the school not to let them play or cheer.  Gee, it really must be nice to have Tyson and Wal-Mart to give your poor school all these toys that no one else in the state has, or would even think of and WANT!  Here's to another shut out where the 125 players plus, never touch the ball, unless you might call a time out with 10 seconds, but that is time to chunk another TD down the field.  Please reconsider all the unsportsmanlike things that are directly tying Coach Peacock to Rogers football team and all the things that are occurring.  If you are a religious man, then you will realize that even though this year, you can't get enough, there's always, or usually a next year waiting on you.  And, what goes around, generally will come back and bite you.  Don't do it for yourself, but do it for the players, b/c they deserve better.
   I think much more of a coach and team when they have some main players go down to injuries early on in the game, but elect to play mainly their varsity to give them experience for this year and next year and to see how they will respond to the big Rogers.  Marion gave Rogers as much as they could for 3 quarters with these "b"  players, while you continued to play ALL your starters and was chunking the ball for the endzone with less then 4 min. left.  Do you not think that these players saw your character flaw, or did you even care?  All these games have been non-conf., so let's hope for your sake that YOU have no injuries, and you have plenty of home games to play your music  (Now, we know why you play teams to come and play you at home, stating you are short a home game, begging to pay for all expenses, then you're on school program showed you had "7" home games!  That's more than most teams ever get.  It's usually much closer, but you know that, just another antic to work your majic, while letting your rick sponsors pay the bill to get anyone across state lines, or across the entire state of AR)

bulldogs1159

While much of the rant should be discarded I was wondering last week against Marion why you were throwing for a touchdown up big with about three min left if the game.

GBdog2003

certainly doesnt sound like the peacock that coached in greenwood

hornet2

Rogers may make the playoffs according to the Hootens. I saw Southside play tonight against the Hornets and I am a firm believer that Southside will make the playoffs after seeing what I saw tonight. If I had to guess then I would predict Northside and Fayetteville and third will be Southside. If Rogers is the real deal maybe they will have a good chance at making the playoffs too.

MountieMin

Marchmadness, sorry that you're feeling that way.  I did hear about the PA system over the radio.  The announcers were talking about it being a problem.  This was a new thing, we didn't have the problems last week.  Having listened to the game, and only the second half, I can't verify everything you said.  However, I know that it was 21-0 late into the third quarter.  I don't know if the next offensive touchdown was really late in the third or really early in the 4th.  21-0 going into the 4th, or even 28-0 going into the 4th is not a given win.  That's just how it is.  I know that the defense held you guys and the offense took over on the 15 yard line.  We ran all plays but one on that "drive" of 15 yards.  I think it's important for any offense to put it in from the 15, regardless of the score.  From there, we did not throw one pass.  The only reason we scored another touchdown was because your offense fumbled into the endzone and our defense recovered it.  Take away 10 points from the game in which your offense was just inept, and that is a score of 27 points.  That's not running the score up on anybody.

One thing we did get from this game was a good pass rush.  We needed to see how we would handle that.  Honestly, Shawnee beat up our quarterback pretty good.  We've got to do a better job of picking up blitzes.

Yee-Haw

No....the PA system is not a problem just because that old fart calling the games on KURM thinks it's a problem.

It's a football game not a golf tournament. I don't think anyone's eardrums are going to explode. It's supposed to be loud. Of course I think the old fart thinks anything loud is "obnoxious"

KURM Radio is the most bush league aspect involved with the Rogers football program.......heck Rogers athletics.

The old fart and the mayor...his son.... (Hey, what a great morning show that would be....Old Fart & the Mayor)  moron and second-guess and nitpick for four quarters. That's their football broadcast.

I don't blame Mitchell Hankins for not wanting to sit in that booth anymore, either.

It's not exactly a secret that Old Fart & the Mayor aren't supporters of Coach P anyway so if they can't complain about a 3-0 start and three blowouts then they're going to complain about the PA system being "obnoxiously" loud

And the sideline reporter.......actually interviewing players on the sideline DURING the games.

Last night he couldn't find Coach P after the game on the field so he grabbed the nearest assistant coach wearing a coach's shirt and said "Nice game, coach, congratulations....now who are you?"

Top. Notch. Broadcasting.

retired_dog

Quote from: MV on September 16, 2006, 12:46:02 am
With spelling like that, you must be a Marion graduate
Quote from: marchmadness on September 16, 2006, 12:24:33 am
Im sorry, but Coach Peacock does not deserve a rap like that.  Did you play for him? Do you know him? I mean, come on, do you even have any clue?  Here you are tossing critisism(sp) all over the board, and all you are doing is making yourself look like a dumba$$.  I bet you have no idea what it is like to coach, or for that matter, play.  Coach Peacock is an excellent coach, mentor, and man.  So what that he keeps his first string in there, its his program to run.  Before you start trying to decide the rights and wrongs of a coach via a messageboard, why dont you try and coach in the first place, good luck, its not as easy as it looks.  get a life and leave Peacock alone....

MrCouch

37-0 is hardly running the score up... Neither is 42-0 or 42-14... These are Non Conference games and that's what you do, you get ready for Confrence play.. You need to make sure that you get everything fine tuned and ready for Conference play, as that's what really counts in the 7A west.

I don't recall many fans complaining when Springdale was hanging 50+ on everyone.. heck they hung 65 on Rogers last year in a 65-7 loss.. That's running the Score up, not what Rogers is doing.. Give me a break..

The Mounties finally get some justice and have a good team, and someone that's obviously not played many athletic sports in his lifetime comes on and makes BS accusations like this pathetic..

GO MOUNTIES!!!!

MrCouch

Here's a comment from Rogers Head Coach Ronnie Peacock for the bafoon that bashed him without cause earlier..

2006 Statement from the Head Football Coach and Athletic Director
"I love looking for a victory on Friday night and waking up Saturday morning and finding one."  This is a quote from the movie "Radio" that most football coaches can relate to.  This is my 34th year of coaching football and there have certainly been some ups and downs for me, my family and staff.  I have been blessed with success throughout most of my career but it has been a process of learning and growing both mentally and spiritually.  The real success I have seen is not on the score-board, or in championships but in the lives of those that see football as a growing experience and a continuing life lesson.  I thank God for
giving me and others those memories of trying to be the best and picking ourselves up when
we came up short.  I treasure the relationships through the years and especially the ones
who have touched my heart in a special way and those who's relationship have grown to a
hug instead of a hand shake.

Each year is another chapter with new adventures, usually some good and bad.  Football is
a great game with a spirit of enthusiasm that attracts and excites people.  Make good
memories, these are some of the best times in your life.  Go Mounties!!!!!!!

This should remind some people to think before they post..

MB

The PA system is toned down compared to last years embarrassment.  Coach Peacock uses it as part of his game plan.  I usually walk a lap through the stands during half time and noticed most of the sound comes down the opponents sideline from the SE endzone.  IMO his plan is to screw up their offensive play calling and signals.  It sounds good from my seat on the fifty, but I'd be big time hacked if I was on their sideline.

This group of Mounties will make Coach Peacock look good.  Our time is now.

See you at the top.

MountieMin

Yee Haw, sounds like you're a Mountie supporter, want to clear the PA system up.  From what I heard on the radio, they were doing things differently Friday night than they were the Friday ngiht before.  It was hard to hear the play-by-play on the radio at times.  I'm not concerned about the ears of children or anything like that, heck, I 'd call that homefield advantage.  However, I do think it was different Friday night than it is most other game nights.

retired_dog

How do you all know it was Peacocks fault?  Is he in charge of the PA system on Friday Nights?  Just asking out of curiosity...

MountieMin

I don't think it's Peacock's fault.  I don't have a problem with it being this way every week, I just know it hasn't been like that in the past few weeks. 

Quite Frankly

The PA system has been an issue the entire time Peacock has been there!  He was the AD as well when it started.  Lets not hear he is innocent of this issue, nor is he alone in the culpibility.  There were several instances in the past of this and they have simply chosen to do as they please.  I believe it was against Fayetteville last year that led to an issue and I was there myself 2 years ago when it was outrageous.  People can call it a home town advantage if they want, but when fans and students are held to a code of conduct pertaining to noise and adults are allowed to bypass it at their own whim, then it's wrong.  Same when the band fires up only when the opposing team has the ball.  Kids can't have articficial noise makers, but they pale in comparison to overzealous adults that are in the press box and in charge of the band at certain schools.

I think Peacock is a great guy, but he has responsibility in this matter.  Let's see him do the right thing.  He's fortunate that he's still there after not even making the playoffs.  People brag on his character.  Let him show it!

Good luck in conference.  The Mounties are fue for a playoff run, but it's going to a crapshoot in the West.

bear

Quote from: Quite Frankly on September 17, 2006, 04:01:14 pm
The PA system has been an issue the entire time Peacock has been there!  He was the AD as well when it started.  Lets not hear he is innocent of this issue, nor is he alone in the culpibility.  There were several instances in the past of this and they have simply chosen to do as they please.  I believe it was against Fayetteville last year that led to an issue and I was there myself 2 years ago when it was outrageous.  People can call it a home town advantage if they want, but when fans and students are held to a code of conduct pertaining to noise and adults are allowed to bypass it at their own whim, then it's wrong.  Same when the band fires up only when the opposing team has the ball.  Kids can't have articficial noise makers, but they pale in comparison to overzealous adults that are in the press box and in charge of the band at certain schools.

I think Peacock is a great guy, but he has responsibility in this matter.  Let's see him do the right thing.  He's fortunate that he's still there after not even making the playoffs.  People brag on his character.  Let him show it!

Good luck in conference.  The Mounties are fue for a playoff run, but it's going to a crapshoot in the West.

QF is right. Peacock can stop this immediately if he wants. This is totally his deal. Last year when Fayetteville came to Rogers it was ridiculous. You blasted music through the speakers every time we were trying to send in a play. No one else in the conference does that bush league stuff.

Let the bands play when they want. No one complains about that. But stop the speaker jam.

I got a news flash for you, if you think that is going to make a difference in the outcome of a game, you are desperate. All it does is give the Rogers fans and your Coach Peacock a tacky reputation.

And if you are going to continue to be bush league and blast music... is "Cotton Eye Joe"...the best you got.   ;D

MV

Complain all u want..we are going to kick your butt pretty soon...but first we have some other butt to kick

Quote from: Purpledog on September 17, 2006, 04:43:58 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly on September 17, 2006, 04:01:14 pm

QF is right. Peacock can stop this immediately if he wants. This is totally his deal. Last year when Fayetteville came to Rogers it was ridiculous. You blasted music through the speakers every time we were trying to send in a play. No one else in the conference does that bush league stuff.

Let the bands play when they want. No one complains about that. But stop the speaker jam.

I got a news flash for you, if you think that is going to make a difference in the outcome of a game, you are desperate. All it does is give the Rogers fans and your Coach Peacock a tacky reputation.

And if you are going to continue to be bush league and blast music... is "Cotton Eye Joe"...the best you got.   ;D

crosseyed

First of all I would like to note that I was not at the game vs. Marion, but was at the game this past week. 

As for the number of players on the sidelines, the Sophomores typically dress and stand on the the sidelines for the first home game.  I counted 70 +/- players this past Friday, and I believe there are about 40 sophomores in addition to that. 

Rogers has the largest enrollment in the state and will, thankfully, split into two high schools in 2008.  This will still place both of the schools in the 7A.

As a parent of a Jr. high player who rarely gets to play, I thought it unusual to see the starters still in late in the game against Shawnee.  Reserve players work just as hard and deserve to get whatever playing time they can.  However, I understand that non-conference games are very important prep time for the starters. Our program needs all the preparation we can get, as was evident by our complete breakdown in the second and third quarters on offense.

I assure you that the Rogers program is well aware of how it feels to be on the other end of the stick.  As a life long resident, I have suffered many losing seasons and a few blowouts (i.e. Springdale 65, Rogers 7) over the years. 

This past week, the music was not played during the opponents possession until late in the game.  I agree that if it is being done to disrupt the other team, it is a poor show of sportsmanship.  It is also an annoyance to most of the fans who came to see a football game, not a hear music. 

It is certainly not true that Rogers gets toys no one else has... or we would have a video replay board like Springdale and an indoor practice facility like Bentonville. 

I think you disrespect the Marion players by calling them "b" players. 

Rogers actually has 6 home games and had 5 last year, which is in line with most other schools. 

As for the coach, I have never met him and can only go by the information that has been given to me by other parents whose children have played for him.  By all accounts he is an upstanding man who is a Christian and has a good relationship with players and parents alike.  Football coaches are always under pressure in ways that even teachers are not.  Performance is weighted heavily in the eyes of the administration, and their employment is largely based on the performance of teenagers. 

It is my opinion that the preparation time is invaluable in the conference in which we play. It is the head coach's responsibility to prepare his starters as best he can for conference play.  Peacock gave them as much time as he could during the non-conference games to best prepare them for conference play.

Quite Frankly

Has Rogers reached a point in the hierarchy of big school football that they need to defend themselves? Lord, make the playoffs first.  Just once!  You admit that the music is blaring at the end of the game and you just bypass it? What gives? You can brag on the "quality" of Peacocks character, but he's responsible for the music and must get a kick out of it or he thinks it's an advantage for himself or he WOULD STOP THE CRAP!  After 3 years worth of talk about it he can use that strong Christian attitude and fix it........

As for PT for bench warmers, this is an arguable point.  Sophs/JR's are the future of the program and to keep their interest it's important to let them get the most token of minutes when possible at the end of blowouts.  You also risk the possibility of an injury to a key starter when you have him out there during a blowout.  Besides, how much could they possibly be getting out of the action at the end of a blowout loss or win?  The other team has let their guard down themselves if they are way ahead or behind! If Peacock really waned to get his varsity ready for 7a West action he should have scheduled tougher non-conference opposition.  He's been the master of non-con games and it's the only reason his overall record at Rogers is halfway presentable.  He builds up false expectations by defeating inferior teams and it costs him in conference play.  History bares this out.

Yee-Haw

And here's another question to ask? Has Rogers reached the heirarchy of HS football that people get hacked off because of the loud music at its stadium?

Lord, when did a loud high school football environment become bad sportsmanship.

And another point.....Rogers won three games so they must be inferior opponents?

I suppose Coach P had it arranged for the Shawnee QB to injure himself last week so he would be unavailable to play against Rogers. Shawnee won the 2003 5A state title, is a playoff regular (semifinals last year) and is a big, physical team. They were a good football team that would have been much better with their QB, true

Marion......had the state's leading rusher last year.

Miami.......they were bad. Probabaly the worst nonconference game in Peacock's time at the school. Can't argue that one.

Why don't you come and be the schedule maker at Rogers and see how easy it is to find teams willing to play the Mounties. It's harder than you think.

I suppose Rogers should call De Lasalle up and tell em they're coming. Name the date. Then, I guess, you could moron about the money it cost Rogers to travel to California and that coach Peacock should be strung up for doing THAT because he's the AD and spends money only on the football program and doesn't care about any other sport at Rogers blah, blah, blah, blah.

I have never seen a coach who is disliked by so many people that have never met him.

bulldogs1159

Dont pay much attention to Quite Frankly. Last season it was bad sportsmanship when Springdales BAND played. I think shes just got something against whatever team wins. I guess its just bad sportsmanship when you win by more than 3 these days.

Quite Frankly

An awful lot of assumptions there.  For one I know Peacock(even before he came to Rogers).  Decent guy, but has faults that he is accountable for. As usual, people get way off topic when trying to defend someone. Stick to the issue(i.e. loud blaring music). Heck yes it's wrong if you do something like turn speakers up on one side of the field at certain times.  A loud high school environment is cheering fans and band music, not loud piped in music louder on only one side of the field.  IF IT'S SUCH A GREAT THING, WHY NOT ON BOTH SIDES AND WHY NOT WHEN YOU HAVE THE BALL?It would be no different if I came over to the front of the Rogers bleachers and behind the bench and cranked up 10 boom boxes at max volume.  It's the same stupid thing!  Think a fight would start? Think that I'd be asked to leave? It's yes both times. The difference is the visitors can't turn down the music.  As for the schedule I love the "they were good in such and such year" crap. What good does that do? What's it really mean?  We played SDale this year doesn't mean what it would have last year and you and everyone knows it!  How good are they THIS YEAR?  It's about the quality of the teams you are playing in the present! I won't go blow by blow with you other than to say I don't see your points about quality scheduling making much sense.  It's a fact that they played teams that were smaller enrollments by classification and are not expected to play at the level they were in past years.  ROGERS ALWAYS PLAYS A SOFT NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE SIMILAR TO THE UOFA SO THEY CAN WIN A GAME OR TWO!  Don't tell me that you were turned down by every other 7-A school in Arkansas outside of the West. One or two soft games is expected, but to not play a team in your class size is crap.  Pointing out a team had a leading rusher last year means what? How good are they NOW!  Get real man.  You're all fired up and you can't stand it that people have issues with what is apparent to any person with observation skills. If you gave a dang you would fix it, but you don't so you don't you condon it.  I'll some by saying this, Rogers has some good kids, good players and good coaches, they are way overdue for a positive experience like they had in basketball last year but they have issues.......

Quite Frankly

Facts speak for themselves.  Wrong is wrong and you can chastize me all you want, but I'm not making this stuff up.

Yee-Haw

Thanks for the lesson on how to stay on the issue (i.e. loud blaring music that's not fair to the kiddies) and then promptly turning around to get back on football scheduling.

But since you spinned it that way

Go and look at last year's Rogers' three nonconference opponents and tell me how their seasons turned out.

You know.....since they ALWAYS play a WEAK nonconference schedule.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Quite Frankly on September 18, 2006, 05:01:12 pm
Facts speak for themselves.  Wrong is wrong and you can chastize me all you want, but I'm not making this stuff up.
Really have to take what your saying to heart. You must know what your talking about when you bring up a weak non con schedule for the hogs. Do you realize that the last 4 years we have had a top ten non con on the schedule and have had one of the toughest strength of schedules in D1? Since you were so very incorrect with that statement it makes the rest of your rant subject to question.

GBdog2003

i cannot talk for coach peacock now but i can talk for him when i played under him in 2000 at greenwood .. and going from a peacock to harv welch peacock always made the best of each and every single player on the field i remember running gassers ... a ton of em i wanted to quit really did i told him i cant do this ... he told me to see him after practice so i did ... he made me run 6 more gassers ..he asked my why i cussed at him i was somewhat perplexed and said i didnt he told me that cant was a four letter word and also told me that at one time i couldnt do the gassers the rest of team did but i just ran 6 more gassers then the rest ... needless to say i never said cant again and i have applied that to my life as well those words stick with me ... so if your reading this coach peacock thanks for the time and effort you put into me and the rest of our memorable year in 2000

crosseyed

I don't believe I bypassed the music issue... what I said was

"... if it is being done to disrupt the other team, it is a poor show of sportsmanship.  It is also an annoyance to most of the fans who came to see a football game, not a hear music."

To further that point, it shows a lack of class to attempt to try and use that to gain an advantage.  Ultimately, it is his responsibility to put a stop to it.  If he allows it, he is approving it. I would doubt that any fan of Rogers or any other school would approve of that.

BIGBLUE

Quote from: Yee-Haw on September 18, 2006, 04:33:44 pm
And here's another question to ask? Has Rogers reached the heirarchy of HS football that people get hacked off because of the loud music at its stadium?

Hey no Problem but when we were there it was rap music. I wouldnt have a a problem with Rock but whats up with Rap at a FOOTBALL game. I bet the parents on the Rogers side enjoyed it about as much as I did. But once again it was blaring in our ears not theres

Lord, when did a loud high school football environment become bad sportsmanship.

And another point.....Rogers won three games so they must be inferior opponents?

I suppose Coach P had it arranged for the Shawnee QB to injure himself last week so he would be unavailable to play against Rogers. Shawnee won the 2003 5A state title, is a playoff regular (semifinals last year) and is a big, physical team. They were a good football team that would have been much better with their QB, true

Marion......had the state's leading rusher last year.

Miami.......they were bad. Probabaly the worst nonconference game in Peacock's time at the school. Can't argue that one.

Why don't you come and be the schedule maker at Rogers and see how easy it is to find teams willing to play the Mounties. It's harder than you think.

I suppose Rogers should call De Lasalle up and tell em they're coming. Name the date. Then, I guess, you could moron about the money it cost Rogers to travel to California and that coach Peacock should be strung up for doing THAT because he's the AD and spends money only on the football program and doesn't care about any other sport at Rogers blah, blah, blah, blah.

I have never seen a coach who is disliked by so many people that have never met him.

AEKDB132

I appreciate the good people of Rogers realizing that the sound system was way too much for a football game; that is good sportsmanship and class agreeing that it was too excessive, plus I wouldn't want another team to adopt this kind of thing to intimidate some of their huge rivalaries.  I correct the poster who said 3 shutouts in a row, although we didn't score as much as we had hoped, we did score.  Glad the nonconf. game worked out well for you guys as well as for our team.  Had we not gotten our entire backfield out of suit by the 2nd quarter, our varsity team would never had had this much practice and more imporantly play against a real team.  As for as the coach, I think the fans were just very upset that he had so many players and didn't pull anyone, or if it were, it had to have been 1 or 2.  The coaches at Marion do not run up scores, since they could have beaten the long rival against Wynne by going for a TD on the 5yd line with over a min., which would have made the margin of win 8 instead of 1.  That way the Wynne people couldn't say it was another fluke, like the previous year.  Our coach had our team take a knee.  But, that is just the way different coaches are and their philosophies.  No, these people don't know anything personal about your coach, and may have judged him wrong if you take in his entire life.  It was just football judging.  Good luck on your way down the road to conf. play.

marchmadness

Not taking sides with some of the posters, but I do know that Marion was supposed to have played Van Buren who backed out on their contract very, very late b/c the new coach didn't want to play them.  But, the reason Rogers wanted Marion to take an around the world trip was b/c Peacock said he HAD to have at least ONE MORE HOME GAME, b/c he was short.  Funny, I get a copy of the program, and he has 6 home games and 4 away.  Plus, he pays Marion to play there next year again!  There is my point on his arrogance, MHS took his word, instead of making it an alternating two game contract.  Now, Marion has 4 home games this year, and 6 away.  Next year, 5 and 5.  Plus, I have met the guy at functions in his expertise, and he really, really has a problem.  He can't dress like his asst. coaches, could that be that he is too good to be around them?  He separates himself from them at meetings.  Plus, if he paid (reliable talk is 3000) for the trip Marion took, and a booster said before the game, that it was all over the small talk in the booster club that he would get a 3000 dollar win; in other words, he would make it worth the boosters paying that much by his display of not playing a single non-starter.  Hey man, that came from your own boosters at the QB CLUB to be exact.  He didn't disgrace MHS, they just got more experience, esp. when he played his big guy not one way but both (what another classy move), the varsity played you big guys really well for 3 quarters.  And consider a ride that started at 9 a.m. with the buses getting lost 3 times, and the team pulled in after fans were there at 6:30.  Their schedule was messed up by 2 hours from what they normally do before a game, but they don't make excuses.  Things like that can happen when you travel across the entire state.  They took the risk.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas