• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018-2019 College offers/signings

Started by AuburnTigers98, December 04, 2018, 08:21:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AuburnTigers98

Looking to see what players have offers and who has signed with colleges this school year

Rick Swines

Cross Jumper 2021 Tenn
Dawson Chester 2021 Mizzou
Austin Ledbetter 2021 Arkansas
Braylon Bishop 2021 Arkansas

Those are the 10th graders I know about. 

NEA Razorback olfan

T-Bone

December 09, 2018, 11:17:19 am #3 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:52:30 pm by T-Bone
I know one that has put the pen to Arkansas as a 2019 but as I tell him often "Now the work really begins."  Great to see all the offers and great to sign.  But you have to put that aside right now and do your best to help your high school team this year in any way possible.  Then go to Arkansas and prove you deserve a spot.  And he has the work ethic and ability to do just that.  I pray he does.

Really happy to see so many NE Arkansas kids/players/students get a chance at the next level to play a game they love to play while getting an education.  There are some great players in the state of Arkansas.

AverageJo24

There are quite a few Valley View Blazers that have signed with schools. Lyon and ASU for sure. Multiple other kids have offers.

footballfan-tastic

Great to see HS kids get a chance to play at the next level.  Any next level is quite an accomplishment when you think that less than 3% of all the HS football players will ever play again after HS.   
Piece of advice.  First pick a school that you can get a good education.  Follow the money.  If they offer you scholarship money over walk on, take the money.  Second. Pick a school where you get a chance to play and win some games.  As opposed to a place that you will not get to play and the team wins or you get to play and team never wins.

dirtbagbaseball

Quote from: AverageJo24 on December 12, 2018, 10:38:27 am
There are quite a few Valley View Blazers that have signed with schools. Lyon and ASU for sure. Multiple other kids have offers.

I think only a few in NEA have actually "signed."  From what I can gather, there are several out there that are still in the offer stage.  Jonesboro's Neves signed with UA, Brookland's Algee with ASU, Valley View's Shipman with Lyon, Tuckerman's Gates to WBC, Jonesboro's Silas to WBC, Nettleton's Dunlap to Lyon, and Nettleton's Hall to Southwest Tennessee.  Cross Jumper (SO) from JHS has a commitment to Tennessee, Sam Fagan from Valley View is a JR with a commitment to ASU, and Chester from Pocahontas has 3 offers from Mizzou, Lafayette, and ASU. 

T-Bone

December 13, 2018, 06:11:50 pm #7 Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:23:14 am by T-Bone
Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on December 13, 2018, 10:28:27 am
I think only a few in NEA have actually "signed."  From what I can gather, there are several out there that are still in the offer stage.  Jonesboro's Neves signed with UA, Brookland's Algee with ASU, Valley View's Shipman with Lyon, Tuckerman's Gates to WBC, Jonesboro's Silas to WBC, Nettleton's Dunlap to Lyon, and Nettleton's Hall to Southwest Tennessee.  Cross Jumper (SO) from JHS has a commitment to Tennessee, Sam Fagan from Valley View is a JR with a commitment to ASU, and Chester from Pocahontas has 3 offers from Mizzou, Lafayette, and ASU.

As a coach told me a few years ago the recruiting process is not as fun as most think.  Well I didn't believe him.  Over a couple of years now I can say signing was a relief.  You want to see their options but it is a relief big time when a decision has been made.  All good schools and you don't want to let anyone down.  These kids often get heavy pressure from some when they need to be enjoying the time.  For those that have a kid that has not committed I doubt you will like the entire ride in time either.  Very happy when my son committed and more happy when he signed.  Good luck to all and let the kids enjoy and try to help their high school teams the short time they have left.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Dawson Chester committed to Arkansas State just a couple of days ago

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on January 04, 2019, 08:01:55 am

Congrats to this talented player

sprained ankle

Quote from: T-Bone on December 13, 2018, 06:11:50 pm
As a coach told me a few years ago the recruiting process is not as fun as most think.  Well I didn't believe him.  Over a couple of years now I can say signing was a relief.  You want to see their options but it is a relief big time when a decision has been made.  All good schools and you don't want to let anyone down.  These kids often get heavy pressure from some when they need to be enjoying the time.  For those that have a kid that has not committed I doubt you will like the entire ride in time either.  Very happy when my son committed and more happy when he signed.  Good luck to all and let the kids enjoy and try to help their high school teams the short time they have left.

sprained ankle

Quote from: T-Bone on December 13, 2018, 06:11:50 pm
I agree. It can be a stressful process.

sprained ankle

Cash Forrester of Newport signed with WBU.

TruthHurts

TruthHurts

FootballFan00

Bauxite has 2 this year
Hayden Simpson signed with Lyon
Marshall Golleher currently has an offer from Williams Baptist

Gravelbar

Gravelbar

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on January 04, 2019, 08:01:55 am
Awesome--he, Sam Fagan, and Algee will be an asset...plus, we'll get to watch them some.

T-Bone

Quote from: Gravelbar on March 05, 2019, 09:13:30 am
Awesome--he, Sam Fagan, and Algee will be an asset...plus, we'll get to watch them some.

Arkansas State has a top notch Head Coach.  I have always liked him.  Would be good to see some local talent play at ASU.

Gravelbar

Quote from: T-Bone on March 05, 2019, 11:41:55 am
Arkansas State has a top notch Head Coach.  I have always liked him.  Would be good to see some local talent play at ASU.
There is some young talent in and around J'boro right now...JBH is loaded this year.

T-Bone

Quote from: Gravelbar on March 05, 2019, 01:37:39 pm
There is some young talent in and around J'boro right now...JBH is loaded this year.

Yes there is.  JHS has a lot from freshman to seniors.  They are strong this year.

athletic supporter

Maddox Long - 2019- Morrilton- signed with OBU

hurricanes1

Quote from: T-Bone on March 05, 2019, 06:31:50 pm
Yes there is.  JHS has a lot from freshman to seniors.  They are strong this year.

It's going to be a great season!

stronguard

March 12, 2019, 11:38:45 am #23 Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:40:41 am by stronguard
Jacob Bowman,  RHP Conway Christian, has signed with OBU

Troy Flowers, C, CAC, has signed with Lyon College

Drake Peterson, SS, Quitman, has signed with Ecclessia

Chief_Osceola™

March 12, 2019, 11:51:05 pm #24 Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 10:13:53 am by Chief_Osceola™
I know of a few:

Landrey Wilkerson, Van Buren - Crowder
Chaz Poppy, Sylvan Hills - Crowder
Gage Taylor, Sylvan Hills - UAM
Trevor Johnson, Van Buren - UAFS
Logan Grant, Bryant - UAFS
Will Wilson, Viola - Alabama A&M
Mason & Rylee Huie, Pottsville - SAU
Brody Ammons, Maumelle - UAFS

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas