• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumor Mill

Started by NCcoach, January 15, 2018, 08:53:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NCcoach

Of course I'd like it to be more reliable than a rumor, but......... What job openings do you guys think will happen this off-season?  I'll start by saying I've heard more than once that Deer has a girls coach who is going to get the boot.

4real

Kinda early for all that stuff...
Unless you got legit resignations, retirements, reassignments already being processed by the boards.

Neckred

4real

because of the obvious... most coaches are trying to get through the season.  most schools don't want the negative drama during the most important time of the season due to rumors.  now, when the last game's over, its free game

Neckred

I've seen numerous coaches acting like total bafoons that need fired during the season

4real

Quote from: Neckred on January 16, 2018, 02:16:28 pm
I've seen numerous coaches acting like total bafoons that need fired during the season
lol  touche

NCcoach

I know it's early. That is why it's the Rumor Mill. Lol. I was just wondering if there was any leaked information from the inside around the state.

4real

I am not aware of any pending retirees.  You never know on those deals until season is over.  With the economy being good and the housing market good, you figure there will be several moves take place after spring break into May.

thebigman3

Quote from: 4real on January 17, 2018, 11:16:09 am
I am not aware of any pending retirees.  You never know on those deals until season is over.  With the economy being good and the housing market good, you figure there will be several moves take place after spring break into May.
Hutchcraft retiring after this year.

4real

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 17, 2018, 01:27:41 pm
Hutchcraft retiring after this year.
Wish I was a bookie...

I'd be taking bets right now.  If his grandson is a senior, and they win state, sure, i can see that.  Otherwise, I'd bet $1,000 on him still calling the Thunderbird defense next year...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 4real on January 17, 2018, 01:52:25 pm
Wish I was a bookie...

I'd be taking bets right now.  If his grandson is a senior, and they win state, sure, i can see that.  Otherwise, I'd bet $1,000 on him still calling the Thunderbird defense next year...

Na....hes done...Woulda called it a career last year if his grandson would have been a senior on that team. Would have been a good ending to a long and successful career.

Neckred

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 17, 2018, 06:41:03 pm
Na....hes done...Woulda called it a career last year if his grandson would have been a senior on that team. Would have been a good ending to a long and successful career.
Where does he coach?

4real

You don't know Hutch?  The winingest coach is Arkansas HS history...

4real

Guy-Perkins.  Been there since Dr Naismith invented the game.  Has an auction service and numerous rental properties in the G-P area to accommodate any talented move-ins with the Thunderbird discount.  Has used numerous gimmicks in games throughout the years that are quite entertaining you won't see anywhere else.  One year was state runner up with all underclassmen, the next year had five new starters move in and won state.

Neckred

Quote from: 4real on January 18, 2018, 10:16:10 am
Guy-Perkins.  Been there since Dr Naismith invented the game.  Has an auction service and numerous rental properties in the G-P area to accommodate any talented move-ins with the Thunderbird discount.  Has used numerous gimmicks in games throughout the years that are quite entertaining you won't see anywhere else.  One year was state runner up with all underclassmen, the next year had five new starters move in and won state.
Sounds like a snake

4real

Maybe so, but he did take a team to NYC back in the 80's, might've been best girls team he ever had, and played host team Christ the King, back in their hayday, and I can't remember if they won,  but I know it was close.  Not many coaches have the fortitude to do so

HorseFeathers

Product of St Charles Arkansas and has coached at Grubbs and Hazen....but been at Guy-Perkins since 1978....12 state championships in 2 sports....

4real

So you really think he will hang it up?

Gotta be hard for him to walk away

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 4real on January 18, 2018, 09:53:32 pm
So you really think he will hang it up?

Gotta be hard for him to walk away

It's what I'm hearing from a usually reliable sourcr....second hand information though....
I agree it's gotta be hard to walk away after 40 years

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 19, 2018, 06:05:35 am
It's what I'm hearing from a usually reliable sourcr....second hand information though....
I agree it's gotta be hard to walk away after 40 years
I'm sure it will be, and they did not beat that NYC team they lost by 10, but a close 10 if you know what I mean. He also won the overall State Championship in 84 with girls. Honestly, I feel bad for the next man up.. coming in after stats like his puts pressure on ya.

4real

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 19, 2018, 10:09:59 am
I'm sure it will be, and they did not beat that NYC team they lost by 10, but a close 10 if you know what I mean. He also won the overall State Championship in 84 with girls. Honestly, I feel bad for the next man up.. coming in after stats like his puts pressure on ya.
They need a set up guy to replace him.  A clown who doesn't know their role.  Even if for just one year.  Then, they can get someone who will be legit, and would either be willing to kiss the rings on Hutch's fingers for loyalty, or, buy all of Hutch's rental properties.

thebigman3

Quote from: 4real on January 19, 2018, 10:17:39 am
They need a set up guy to replace him.  A clown who doesn't know their role.  Even if for just one year.  Then, they can get someone who will be legit, and would either be willing to kiss the rings on Hutch's fingers for loyalty, or, buy all of Hutch's rental properties.
Well, I mean, I don't know abt all that lol. I want to see a good coach come in and do good, but it does apply pressure on someone who is taking over after a man who's been there.. what? 40 odd years and won the amount of games he's won.

4real

What i'm getting at is... you don't want to be the guy that replaces a legend, unless you know you've got the support of the outgoing legend, and the talent level to win big immediately to keep from looking like a clown.

Normally, you want to be the guy that follows the clown who replaced the legend.  So, long as you have some talent to work with at that point.

I am not speaking in absolutes here, but I cannot think of very many coaches who have been successful after replacing a long time legend.  Coleman has done well at LR Hall after replacing legendary Coach George Cirks, who waited till August of tht year to retire to ensure that Coleman would be able to be promoted from asst to interim HC.

But it is a difficult task.

thebigman3

Quote from: 4real on January 19, 2018, 11:12:18 am
What i'm getting at is... you don't want to be the guy that replaces a legend, unless you know you've got the support of the outgoing legend, and the talent level to win big immediately to keep from looking like a clown.

Normally, you want to be the guy that follows the clown who replaced the legend.  So, long as you have some talent to work with at that point.

I am not speaking in absolutes here, but I cannot think of very many coaches who have been successful after replacing a long time legend.  Coleman has done well at LR Hall after replacing legendary Coach George Cirks, who waited till August of tht year to retire to ensure that Coleman would be able to be promoted from asst to interim HC.

But it is a difficult task.
I see both sides of it really And yes, he has done well. I just don't want to see a man who doesn't know what they're talking about coaching. I feel like ole Hutch will recommend somebody good cause you know they'll ask him.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 19, 2018, 01:01:16 pm
I see both sides of it really And yes, he has done well. I just don't want to see a man who doesn't know what they're talking about coaching. I feel like ole Hutch will recommend somebody good cause you know they'll ask him.

What about teh guy coaching Jr high boys and girls right now?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 19, 2018, 01:09:19 pm
What about teh guy coaching Jr high boys and girls right now?

Sweet Teas. Does a great job. He could take right over for Hutch and keep the ball rolling. If you don't believe me saying he's great, just ask him! Scholar of the game

4real

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 19, 2018, 01:48:43 pm
Sweet Teas. Does a great job. He could take right over for Hutch and keep the ball rolling. If you don't believe me saying he's great, just ask him! Scholar of the game
You have a great sense of humor...  He would be perfect for the scenario i mentioned above

Eagle_Mom_2

I'll say this...he won't run much of anything more complex or structured than what they do under Hutch. So might actually work. Plus he's worked at about 8 different schools, so a lot of connections on continuing to bring kids in. And that's in all seriousness, joking aside.

ballmember

Daddy Eagle , dont matter how many openings you have,  you have to be able to hire a coach.  You have had some last few years and who did you hire.  West Side is a good school, however too many folks helping run the athletic department.  A good coach not interested in that type operation.  Always have great talent coming up.  Now some of the girls have left. 

riccoar

Quote from: ballmember on January 19, 2018, 09:39:35 pm
  West Side is a good school, however too many folks helping run the athletic department. 
If you think that only happens at Westside, you are delusional.  I'd say that's the case at most 1A schools.

FromTheBench

Greers Ferry West Side boys and girls jobs going to be open??

Flobbito

Question about Hutch.  When is the last time one of his girls teams was relevant?  I know he has had the talent flowing on the boys side of things, while he still has grandkid's rings to consider, what about the girls though?

4real

thebigman3

About 4 years ago they made either semis or round before semis and lost to wiener in a close one. That's the time the girls have made state.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 07, 2018, 07:28:37 am
About 4 years ago they made either semis or round before semis and lost to wiener in a close one. That's the time the girls have made state.
First round game

4real

Will GP here separate coaches for girls and boys?

thebigman3

Quote from: 4real on February 07, 2018, 08:07:14 pm
Will GP here separate coaches for girls and boys?
Couldn't answer that question... I would hope so.. I would like to see a girls coach coach 7th through 12th and same for the boys.. but I'm not in the position to have a say so in it. So I couldn't tell ya.

NCcoach

Looks like we have Coal Hill and Bruno Pyatt with open coaching positions.

thebigman3

Quote from: NCcoach on February 12, 2018, 11:26:46 pm
Looks like we have Coal Hill and Bruno Pyatt with open coaching positions.
Boys or girls?

Bergman1820

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 14, 2018, 10:13:31 am
Boys or girls?

I think Bruno-Pyatt has a fill in coach for girls and boys, but before they let the previous one go he coached all 4.

shootin3s

Rumor is Eureka Springs girls is open.

4real

Quote from: Bergman1820 on February 14, 2018, 11:15:31 am
I think Bruno-Pyatt has a fill in coach for girls and boys, but before they let the previous one go he coached all 4.
Who was the coach they let go?  I thought there was a guy that was from there that had been coaching?

ozarkmtnsman

Josh Henley was B-P coach, but was relieved of duties in November. Only had been there a couple of years. Supt. took over rest of season as boys coach.

Bergman1820

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on February 27, 2018, 07:30:42 pm
Josh Henley was B-P coach, but was relieved of duties in November. Only had been there a couple of years. Supt. took over rest of season as boys coach.

I think this season was his first at Bruno-Pyatt, but I could be wrong.

ozarkmtnsman

He was at BP for the 16-17 school year also.

Neckred

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on February 27, 2018, 07:30:42 pm
Dang what did he do?

thebigman3

basketballfreak

Quote from: shootin3s on February 27, 2018, 12:34:43 pm
Rumor is Eureka Springs girls is open.

Anymore news on this job?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas