• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GCT new school?

Started by wynnefootballfan, April 11, 2015, 10:21:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnefootballfan

I was asked about this the other day. Does anyone know the statis, time frame, location, anything?..LOL..

Thanks in advance..

Grond

Do you mean new football field?

GCT [Greene County Tech] used to be at one location, on the west side of Paragould. This is still where the main football field is.

About 4 to 5 years ago, GCT opened its High School campus on the south side of Paragould. There is a relatively new football practice facility at the high school campus. And there are all kinds of rumors about a new football field in the near future.

wynnefootballfan

Thanks, That helps. I knew there had been something done but was'nt sure what.

wynnefootballfan

I went to mapquest, it showed it being where I thought the old high school is. That where I got confused.

tmycjy

Quote from: Grond on April 11, 2015, 10:47:48 am

GCT [Greene County Tech] used to be at one location, on the west side of Paragould. This is still where the main football field is.

About 4 to 5 years ago, GCT opened its High School campus on the south side of Paragould. There is a relatively new football practice facility at the high school campus. And there are all kinds of rumors about a new football field in the near future.

Hey I got a question on this what the hold up on this I thought u would have it by now

Grond

Quote from: tmycjy on April 11, 2015, 11:52:30 am

Hey I got a question on this what the hold up on this I thought u would have it by now

Let me qualify something here: I am associated with Paragould High School, not Greene County Tech High School. So, I know WHAT is happening, but less about WHY. I don't know why GCT hasn't built a new football field, although I am pretty sure there are plans for one.

ricepig

Quote from: Grond on April 12, 2015, 05:59:35 pm
Quote from: tmycjy on April 11, 2015, 11:52:30 am

Let me qualify something here: I am associated with Paragould High School, not Greene County Tech High School. So, I know WHAT is happening, but less about WHY. I don't know why GCT hasn't built a new football field, although I am pretty sure there are plans for one.

Who needs a decent football field when you have 11 gyms?

hs_sports_lvr

the field is in a supposed 10 year plan..Priority at this point is new classrooms in the mid grade levels. The classrooms are approved & in the planning stage with construction to begin soon.  Tech WILL add Turf to the existing field & should be in place by the fall (2015)
season. 

wynnefootballfan

A few have said that the practice facilities are very nice at the new high school.

hs_sports_lvr

yes they are. very nice.  Ive been in there. Once the field is moved there will be nice facilities for all the sports.I think long range plans are to have baseball/softball there too. Not sure if that's included in the 10 year plan or not?

FanOfTheSport

If GCT had some quality athletes they would be a good football program with fan support and the new facilities. Fans and facilities won't win you games though unfortunately.

tmycjy

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on April 16, 2015, 08:31:10 am
If GCT had some quality athletes they would be a good football program with fan support and the new facilities. Fans and facilities won't win you games though unfortunately.

hey if you have good athletes and good program with fan support then why dosent good coach want to coach at tech and don't they win

FanOfTheSport

Quote from: tmycjy on April 16, 2015, 08:57:50 am
Quote from: FanOfTheSport on April 16, 2015, 08:31:10 am

hey if you have good athletes and good program with fan support then why doesn't good coach want to coach at tech and don't they win
How good are there athletes?? Maybe that's why they can't hire a high quality coach because he doesn't think the talent their can compete with the other schools??

scoutteamshoota

Facilities are top of the line here!

ricepig

Quote from: scoutteamshoota on April 17, 2015, 01:07:07 pm
Facilities are top of the line here!

Except for the football field and stadium, most AA schools are as good, or better.

Grond

It was just in the Paragould Daily Press: GCT is upgrading their football field to turf.

So,......GCT is getting a $250,000 turf for the old field at the Junior High.  And NOT getting a new football stadium at the new high school anytime soon. (The new HS only has a football practice facility.)

Speaking from the standpoint of the cross-town rival, I am really surprised. I thought we would be hearing an announcement for a new stadium at the 'new' high school. (The new GCT high school is at least 3 years old.)

ricepig

Quote from: Grond on May 19, 2015, 07:16:51 pm
It was just in the Paragould Daily Press: GCT is upgrading their football field to turf.

So,......GCT is getting a $250,000 turf for the old field at the Junior High.  And NOT getting a new football stadium at the new high school anytime soon. (The new HS only has a football practice facility.)

Speaking from the standpoint of the cross-town rival, I am really surprised. I thought we would be hearing an announcement for a new stadium at the 'new' high school. (The new GCT high school is at least 3 years old.)

If they are getting turf for $250,000, it will be the old worn out one you replaced last year, lol. Probably more like $650,000.

GuvHog

Quote from: Grond on May 19, 2015, 07:16:51 pm

I'm not surprised that they are just upgrading their current stadium. They can make it a top notch stadium and save money over what it would cost to build a new one. Whether or not the school board is willing to spend the kind of money it will take to do that is debatable. Installing turf only is just not enough.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas