• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle Football Coach

Started by Loyalfan1, January 09, 2015, 09:26:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Loyalfan1

This one has been open for a couple months now.

Swampdonkey

Yes it has been.

However, PCSSD has not officially posted the job.  I'm not sure what the hold up is.

Loyalfan1

This has to be an attractive situation with the facilities and athletes.

Chief_Osceola™

It's been pretty quiet around here. I'm not sure what the status is or who's even being considered.

JohnBarleycorn

Job was posted end of last week on PCSSD website. Paired with Math as teaching field.

Loyalfan1

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on January 12, 2015, 09:35:54 am
Job was posted end of last week on PCSSD website. Paired with Math as teaching field.
Wow!  No Way!  5A job that teaches class.  BTW its also Math! 

JohnBarleycorn

All PCSSD coaches teach anywhere from 3-6 classes, regardless of what they coach.

JohnBarleycorn

hogcity

How hard will it be to build a staff at Maumelle? Will they go outside to hire their next coach?

GotInfo?

Biggest issue is there is only 4, Yes 4 TOTAL coaches for HS team including HC.
There are other issues too, but that is one major one. Admin isn't looking to change that either.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on January 12, 2015, 09:37:31 am
Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on January 12, 2015, 09:35:54 am
Wow!  No Way!  5A job that teaches class.  BTW its also Math!
There are public school football coaches in 5A that don't teach?

blue4hire

Can't hire your staff in the county.

gameoflife

Lots of variance in how many coaches schools have at all levels of play.

Loyalfan1

Its a shame Maumelle is in PC school district.  if they were set up like other 5 A schools in the state there would be some really good guys apply.

GotInfo?

At the 5A level, you should have more than 4. Plan and simple. Makes everyone and everything more efficient. LR schools have such a hard time too because of transportation issues that confict with practice times. Just a mess.

hogcity

there is no ideal landscape in public schools anywhere, must learn to be self-sufficient! Just because 4 supplements are allowed should not limit the # of coaches. Fundraising and booster support can help provide coaches.

When you mentioned not hiring a staff in county, does that mean there is not much or because of the state of PC schools its hard to get coaches/educators?

Loyalfan1

I'm gonna guess next HC will be current OC.

UncleRico

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on January 20, 2015, 09:59:58 am
How long has he been there?

JohnBarleycorn

Quote from: hogcity on January 16, 2015, 10:49:47 am
When you mentioned not hiring a staff in county, does that mean there is not much or because of the state of PC schools its hard to get coaches/educators?

I believe they mean that you get what's already there.  The assistants aren't going anywhere unless on their own.  The county doesn't fire or reassign coaches...very often.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: UncleRico on January 20, 2015, 10:47:50 am
Quote from: Loyalfan1 on January 20, 2015, 09:59:58 am
How long has he been there?

Either 2 or 3 years, I can't remember exactly.

Loyalfan1

wonder if ole Buck J would be interested?

GotInfo?

AD Already tried to get Buck James to take it and he wouldn't consider it.  Place has athletes, but needs better support.  The runs like they had this year will be hard to come by because of the support.  If they had that, they would've been alot better this year.  To their defense too, they did get hit by the injury bug bad this year as well.

tmycjy

You know who should take the job mike gurthie who was head coach last year

TomTupa

Guthrie was at Bauxite. Has anyone heard any legit names for this job?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: TomTupa on January 22, 2015, 01:54:07 pm

If I were him I wouldn't want to have anything to do with Maumelle or the PCSSD after the way they treated Mrs. Guthrie.  She was an outstanding principal.

Chief_Osceola™

tmycjy

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 22, 2015, 03:05:01 pm

If I were him I wouldn't want to have anything to do with Maumelle or the PCSSD after the way they treated Mrs. Guthrie.  She was an outstanding principal.

Where is she at

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: tmycjy on January 22, 2015, 03:08:40 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 22, 2015, 03:05:01 pm

Where is she at

I'm not sure where she is at now, but she was the HS principal at Maumelle for the last couple years. 

JohnBarleycorn

I believe she's working in Bauxite as well.

BigJimSlade

I believe interviews start today.

Wildcats4Life

I have been told NLR Coach Brad Bolding has contacted the PCSD about the job.

Does he have a chance ?

UncleRico

What does Bolden teach? Pcssd coaches have full teaching days!

bbishop

Quote from: UncleRico on January 31, 2015, 08:07:20 pm

According to NLRSD website he teaches PE

Wildcats4Life

Quote from: bbishop on January 31, 2015, 10:42:29 pm
Quote from: UncleRico on January 31, 2015, 08:07:20 pm

According to NLRSD website he teaches PE
Yes that's correct. He told me he teaches P.E.

Beaver Fever

He was whining about 4 classes of PE!  I thought he actually had to teach a class, sounds like a guy that doesn't want to work

Wildcats4Life

If your from Maumelle would you want Bolding ?

Hogskin

Alot more qualified apps to deal with who actually followed the correct procedure to apply. Bolding is not going to be able just jump in the mix. He is not that big time and not very respected around central Ark. Since he basically walked on his contract and blamed everyone for his lack of success he might need to try another area of the state. In central Ark public schools coaches are teachers first and must work extremely hard outside of contracted hours to be sucessful on the field.

Wildcats4Life

Quote from: Hogskin on February 01, 2015, 10:25:57 am
Alot more qualified apps to deal with who actually followed the correct procedure to apply. Bolding is not going to be able just jump in the mix. He is not that big time and not very respected around central Ark. Since he basically walked on his contract and blamed everyone for his lack of success he might need to try another area of the state. In central Ark public schools coaches are teachers first and must work extremely hard outside of contracted hours to be sucessful on the field.
I think at this point he is going to have a hard time getting a head coaching position.

GotInfo?

Should hear something this week. My favorites are DePriest, Lance Parker and Nick Evans.
I think any of them would do a good job. Interviewed 12-15 guys.

UncleRico

Quote from: GotInfo? on February 02, 2015, 03:25:59 pm
Should hear something this week. My favorites are DePriest, Lance Parker and Nick Evans.
Do you know these coaches or is there a list of the applicants posted somewhere?
I know know the first two (not personally), where is Nick Evans from?

TomTupa

Evans has been the OC at Maumelle the past two years

Lionheart88

Quote from: GotInfo? on February 02, 2015, 03:25:59 pm
I went to college with Lance.  Good guy.

GotInfo?

I'm trying to find the list that I found. Had 35 apply and originally only interviewed 12, but then had a few apply late that they wanted to talk to. And to answer the question that will be asked, last i saw Bolding didn't apply, unless he was one of the last min apps.  Never foundnout who they were. As soon as I find my list, I'll post.

Loyalfan1

Quote from: GotInfo? on February 03, 2015, 08:28:29 am
I'm trying to find the list that I found. Had 35 apply and originally only interviewed 12, but then had a few apply late that they wanted to talk to. And to answer the question that will be asked, last i saw Bolding didn't apply, unless he was one of the last min apps.  Never foundnout who they were. As soon as I find my list, I'll post.
Any chance Darrell Burnett applied?

GotInfo?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Wildcats4Life on February 01, 2015, 02:43:34 pm
I think at this point he is going to have a hard time getting a head coaching position.

Quite the dumpster fire.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 05, 2015, 11:01:11 pm
Quote from: Wildcats4Life on February 01, 2015, 02:43:34 pm

Quite the dumpster fire.

If what I've heard is true 'dumpster fire' is an understatement. This current situation could get pretty interesting.

JohnBarleycorn

Loyalfan1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas