• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A O Line/D Line Favorites?

Started by OldLineman, December 10, 2014, 08:41:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldLineman

The QB/Backs/Receivers all received their well deserved recognition this year, but who are some of your favorite linemen 'guys in the trenches'? Teams and/or individuals and why they deserve a 'shout out'. Who is 'up and coming' next year?

Bluepanther86

I believe Greenbrier Whole O Line deserves a shout out, they came a long way from two seasons ago. Along with Greenbrier's Defensive Ends #34 #32 they also came a long way, also #53 Sophomore D tackle Harshberger started this year. He will be a force the next couple of seasons.

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle's DLine was stout. Malik Singleton and Gary Burton were monsters.

Chief-Chickasaw

PA'S O-line deserves all the credit in the world. I think I could've thrown for 2500 yards and 30 TDs behind that line.

OldLineman

The O-line was one of the major elements of an offense like PA's. They are the unheralded, 'secret sauce' that pave the way so the QB and receivers/ends can do their magic. When we look to what all the teams potential for next year is, we certainly have to consider O line quality as well as QB/backs/receivers. The only thing I would say to young lineman is never expect to be recognized...the best you can hope for is '...they did their job'. So thanks for all the posts here for all the guys who worked in the background for all the teams and the line coaches who helped develop them.

Grond

Wynne - #56 Hunter Davis

Paragould - #74 Drew Crawford (bench press = 330 lb)

Both of these guys are around 6'-2", 260 lbs. Hopefully they can play on Saturdays in the future.

VVBlazer

Valley View #51 Sr Westin Delancey was a three year starter at Center. He had very few bad snaps during his whole career and he was the real anchor of the line. He will be dearly missed. #55 Sr Destin Marshall was a two year starter playing Right Tackle this year, he played every position on the line except center last year while starting at RT for most of the season, he recently signed an NAIA letter with Lyon College, #70 Sr Jacob Brumfield missed a few games and was mostly hurt all season. He was a two year starter at Left Guard. All three helped take VV to last years 4a semi-final It will be hard to replace those 800lbs up front.

PWDad

Vilonia had 2 seniors, 2 juniors and 1 sophomore on their O line starting this year. But, only 1 of the seniors had any experience at the varsity level. The Sophomore had never even played O line in his life, fullback and LB throughout his career. The others were true lineman but had never played any varsity.
But with that said, Vtown averaged around 280 yards per game of rushing offense this year.
I think they actually ended up being a pleasant surprise for this average year of football in Vtown.
If these players stay in the program, I think they could be above average next year

Blazer51

Quote from: VVBlazer on December 15, 2014, 07:05:01 pm
Valley View #51 Sr Westin Delancey was a three year starter at Center. He had very few bad snaps during his whole career and he was the real anchor of the line. He will be dearly missed. #55 Sr Destin Marshall was a two year starter playing Right Tackle this year, he played every position on the line except center last year while starting at RT for most of the season, he recently signed an NAIA letter with Lyon College, #70 Sr Jacob Brumfield missed a few games and was mostly hurt all season. He was a two year starter at Left Guard. All three helped take VV to last years 4a semi-final It will be hard to replace those 800lbs up front.

I agree very much so but with the huge linemen we have moving up I think we will good. The two interior d linemen we have total probably 500lbs easily with one well over 6 foot and one around 5'10 or 5'11. They were constNtly in the backfield and if they weren't it was bc they were being double teamed. Which opened up huge holes in the o line of opposing teams!

VVBlazer

December 17, 2014, 09:00:48 am #9 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:02:21 am by VVBlazer
^^ VV's #74 Colton Davis, a junior, really started coming on strong at the end of the season at D-Tackle, he is listed as 6' 230lbs though I think he looks bigger than that and the kid is solid. They say he is a workhorse in the weight room also. With the size and the talents of these freshman coming up, next season should be pretty exciting.

Dog_33

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 11, 2014, 08:09:17 pm
Maumelle's DLine was stout. Malik Singleton and Gary Burton were monsters.
imagine if Rickey doobins would have stayed in maumelle and that whole group that transfered after their ninth grade year

Grond

Quote from: VVBlazer on December 17, 2014, 09:00:48 am
^^ VV's #74 Colton Davis, a junior, really started coming on strong at the end of the season at D-Tackle, he is listed as 6' 230lbs though I think he looks bigger than that and the kid is solid. They say he is a workhorse in the weight room also. With the size and the talents of these freshman coming up, next season should be pretty exciting.

He's a JUNIOR?!? My son [6'-2", 250 lbs] spent the VV-Paragould game blocking him. Probably the best D-lineman he faced all year.

Did #74 make All Conference? He deserved it. Might see him playing on Saturdays, one day.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas