• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Analysis of your team's prospects for next year

Started by PA Dad, December 07, 2014, 08:25:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoophawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 12, 2014, 06:53:44 am
Quote from: Hogskin on December 12, 2014, 03:03:13 am
LR Central embarrassed that Springdale team. LR Central had legitimate D1 talent not just overhyped mommas boys. PA in2011 struggled to win state at thier own classification, were tied with the forth seed in the first round of playoffs at half without that 4 seed even having one college football player.Talent wise they were great but the no kickoff no punt philosophy they were very beatable like every year. I will be impressed when PA puts all thier sponsored players on defense and really could run through the state. If you have more then one D1 player in 5A ball and do not when state you are not doing a good job of coaching.

It was the 2004 Springdale team that lost 30-21 to LR Central in the semifinals when Mustain broke his arm on the first play in the 2nd quarter. (I wouldn't exactly call that embarrasing). It was the 2005 Springdale team that went undefeated and thrashed everybody.

QB- Mitch Mustain
RB- Matt Clinkscales
WR- Damian Williams
OT- Bartley Webb
TE- Ben Cleveland
WR- Andrew Norman
most overrated group ever.  One player(Williams) in the whole bunch

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hoophawg on December 16, 2014, 08:26:10 am
LR Central embarrassed that Springdale team. LR Central had legitimate D1 talent not just overhyped mommas boys. PA in2011 struggled to win state at thier own classification, were tied with the forth seed in the first round of playoffs at half without that 4 seed even having one college football player.Talent wise they were great but the no kickoff no punt philosophy they were very beatable like every year. I will be impressed when PA puts all thier sponsored players on defense and really could run through the state. If you have more then one D1 player in 5A ball and do not when state you are not doing a good job of coaching.

It was the 2004 Springdale team that lost 30-21 to LR Central in the semifinals when Mustain broke his arm on the first play in the 2nd quarter. (I wouldn't exactly call that embarrasing). It was the 2005 Springdale team that went undefeated and thrashed everybody.

QB- Mitch Mustain
RB- Matt Clinkscales
WR- Damian Williams
OT- Bartley Webb
TE- Ben Cleveland
WR- Andrew Norman

Are you still whining over this? Get over it.

Hoophawg

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 16, 2014, 08:52:44 am

QB- Mitch Mustain
RB- Matt Clinkscales
WR- Damian Williams
OT- Bartley Webb
TE- Ben Cleveland
WR- Andrew Norman

Are you still whining over this? Get over it.
are you still whinning?

Youngsta71701

QB- Mitch Mustain
RB- Matt Clinkscales
WR- Damian Williams
OT- Bartley Webb
TE- Ben Cleveland
WR- Andrew Norman

Were they overrated as high school football players ???

PercussionMan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 16, 2014, 04:07:46 pm

QB- Mitch Mustain
RB- Matt Clinkscales
WR- Damian Williams
OT- Bartley Webb
TE- Ben Cleveland
WR- Andrew Norman

Were they overrated as high school football players ???

Exactly...as HIGH SCHOOL players they were not overrated...they dominated everyone they played, and people that didn't like them hated them..."Haters gonna hate!"

TheFryman

Wynne Prospects -

Offensive - Oline is looking to only have Devaiser as a returner. But they are trading for several younger linemen with bigger size. Seem to lack physicality at this time but that changes in Hill's program. Pounds will be a star in Receiver corps next season, with assistance from Chapman if needed. Will be smaller than usual but I've seen them, they've got speed and hands on them. QB will be a fight between Mills and his arm to Chapman's sheer speed and quickness. Should be an interesting Offensive year!

Defensive - Defense will need major stepping-up with losing so many starters. Dline will have Futrell and Owens returning. I've heard that a 9th Grader who was nose guard benched 295 a few days ago, he might blow up into an animal. Inside backers will have 73 and the short-stubby coming into play and fighting for position against the moving up backers.  OLB, no clue whatsoever other than Collins will be back. Secondary will suffer a blow but the speed of the younger guys should make up for it.

Overall it will be a fighting season but if Wynne has proved anything with the season before last is you can't underestimate them. I'm eager to see what these guys are going to do! Go Jackets!  :D

PercussionMan

Quote from: TheFryman on December 17, 2014, 11:48:43 am
Wynne Prospects -

Offensive - Oline is looking to only have Devaiser as a returner. But they are trading for several younger linemen with bigger size. Seem to lack physicality at this time but that changes in Hill's program. Pounds will be a star in Receiver corps next season, with assistance from Chapman if needed. Will be smaller than usual but I've seen them, they've got speed and hands on them. QB will be a fight between Mills and his arm to Chapman's sheer speed and quickness. Should be an interesting Offensive year!

Defensive - Defense will need major stepping-up with losing so many starters. Dline will have Futrell and Owens returning. I've heard that a 9th Grader who was nose guard benched 295 a few days ago, he might blow up into an animal. Inside backers will have 73 and the short-stubby coming into play and fighting for position against the moving up backers.  OLB, no clue whatsoever other than Collins will be back. Secondary will suffer a blow but the speed of the younger guys should make up for it.

Overall it will be a fighting season but if Wynne has proved anything with the season before last is you can't underestimate them. I'm eager to see what these guys are going to do! Go Jackets!  :D

The running back that ran all over the place as a sophomore two years ago will return, right?

TheFryman

Quote from: PercussionMan on December 17, 2014, 03:51:03 pm
Quote from: TheFryman on December 17, 2014, 11:48:43 am
Wynne Prospects -

The running back that ran all over the place as a sophomore two years ago will return, right?

I forgot to mention backers. Yes he will be back, as will Dixon, Isom, and the ninth grader Austin.

Hogskin

Vtown returns 10 on def which gave up an avg of 295 total yds a game running a brand new system installed in Aug due to tornado and spring sport situation. 7 will be 3rd yr starters. The one senior who graduated only played 1 yr. Taking his place will be senior which has been in program for 3 yrs and has played a variety of positions and looks to flourish now that he can concentrate on just 1. If there is an off season this def will improve dramatically.

Sick Dog

look for the Hope Bobcats to make some noise next year. Had a very young team this year with only 5 seniors who werent much help. Got a good group of 9th graders moving up to help the very talented QB who didn't have much help this year. He can really spin it. Probably the two best lineman in the state in any classification. Both are D1 commits. Returning just about every starter on both sides of the ball. I am telling you now, look out because they will compete for the state title. unless........ well you know how Hope is. Maybe we can keep it together this next season.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 26, 2014, 02:37:55 pm
look for the Hope Bobcats to make some noise next year. Had a very young team this year with only 5 seniors who werent much help. Got a good group of 9th graders moving up to help the very talented QB who didn't have much help this year. He can really spin it. Probably the two best lineman in the state in any classification. Both are D1 commits. Returning just about every starter on both sides of the ball. I am telling you now, look out because they will compete for the state title. unless........ well you know how Hope is. Maybe we can keep it together this next season.
::)  You'd think they would've done a little more this year if they were that good.

mlt

Where are the two D1 commits from Hope going?

Sick Dog

Neither has declared as of yet. I know Oklahoma is in the mix for both. Agim is having offers from just about everyone.

Sick Dog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 26, 2014, 04:55:12 pm
::)  You'd think they would've done a little more this year if they were that good.

Sick Dog

Was very young this year. Started several soph. And inexp. Juniors. Wait and see. I told you so. I Hope. No pun intended. If they can loose that looser mentality and figure out what they want to do on offense and defense

Silver88

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 08, 2014, 02:31:00 pm
Quote from: Blazer51 on December 08, 2014, 12:12:48 pm
Quote from: phstiger on December 08, 2014, 08:41:51 am
Batesville Jr. High went undefeated. More talent coming.

Valley view has a very talented group of 9th graders moving up with some huge o line and d line. I have never seen as many jr high kids as big as they were when cv and batesvile played!

The VV QB is a player. Will he be a sophomore next year?   If so, he may vie for a starting position.  VV may contend for conference title in two years and will likely make the playoffs next year.
He may actually start. Personally I dont know if they have anything better. The offense last was below average to say the least. Defense was respectable but losing two good linebackers to graduation this year. If we can find a decent offense then I hope we can at least come out 5-5 and back into the playoffs. The Junior High was good last year but the same can be said of the group that graduated last year. Last years seniors were co-champs in 9th grade and the juniors only lost 2 games their ninth grade year and the two combined together were 3-7 this year. Dont think you can count a lot on how good they are in Junior High. Senior football is a whole different game.

Blazer51

Quote from: Silver88 on January 06, 2015, 01:37:03 pm

Valley view has a very talented group of 9th graders moving up with some huge o line and d line. I have never seen as many jr high kids as big as they were when cv and batesvile played!

The VV QB is a player. Will he be a sophomore next year?   If so, he may vie for a starting position.  VV may contend for conference title in two years and will likely make the playoffs next year.
He may actually start. Personally I dont know if they have anything better. The offense last was below average to say the least. Defense was respectable but losing two good linebackers to graduation this year. If we can find a decent offense then I hope we can at least come out 5-5 and back into the playoffs. The Junior High was good last year but the same can be said of the group that graduated last year. Last years seniors were co-champs in 9th grade and the juniors only lost 2 games their ninth grade year and the two combined together were 3-7 this year. Dont think you can count a lot on how good they are in Junior High. Senior football is a whole different game.

I'm thinking next year will be similar to this year. But in two years I believe we will be very solid! I have faith in the coaches.

vtowneagles

Vilonias Gordon has a lot of maturing to do between now and August

Hoophawg

see it all the time.  Easy to dominate jun high sports with a beard

Intelligentsia

It happens that the maturity level evens out after junior high, but an exceptional Jr. High team is a fair predictor if the schools Jr & Sr high programs are well aligned. 

Silver88

Quote from: Hoophawg on January 13, 2015, 02:25:17 pm

see it all the time.  Easy to dominate jun high sports with a beard
Lol +1

Lionheart88

Quote from: Intelligentsia on January 13, 2015, 03:01:57 pm
It happens that the maturity level evens out after junior high, but an exceptional Jr. High team is a fair predictor if the schools Jr & Sr high programs are well aligned.
"well-aligned" being the key qualifier there.  I'd say it also depends on how closely the jr high conference reflects the senior high conference.  For some schools they're identical, for others they're radically different.  For example, White Hall and Watson Chapel are in the same conference at both levels, but every other school in the conference changes.

FD4

Hey, on that 05 Springdale vs 11 PA thing, 97 Barton Bears would have give either of em all they could handle, not to mention what 03 and/or 14 Junction City would have done to either of those teams.  Hands down, the 14 JC team had the best defense in the state. Backing up my hometown boys here in Wynne, the 01 bunch from here would push your tails to the limit as well.  Cant dig up the dead, but if you could, would love to see the 85 Chicago Bears do the 72 Miami Dolphins.

Hoophawg

Quote from: FD4 on February 03, 2015, 09:40:53 am
Hey, on that 05 Springdale vs 11 PA thing, 97 Barton Bears would have give either of em all they could handle, not to mention what 03 and/or 14 Junction City would have done to either of those teams.  Hands down, the 14 JC team had the best defense in the state. Backing up my hometown boys here in Wynne, the 01 bunch from here would push your tails to the limit as well.  Cant dig up the dead, but if you could, would love to see the 85 Chicago Bears do the 72 Miami Dolphins.
keep dreaming pal

Jayepea

April 09, 2015, 09:32:40 pm #174 Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:01:50 pm by Jayepea

MoTownDog

Morrilton:

Should bounce back and have a pretty good year.  We will have a good group of seniors this year who will show leadership.  Our quarterback will be a Jr. but saw a lot of playing time last year and is looking good in spring ball showing more confidence.  We will be replacing our record breaking running back this year but there are two really good prospects in the mix. 

I can see us winning 1 or 2 playoff games this year.  To go all the way though is a loooong journey!

PercussionMan

Quote from: MoTownDog on May 04, 2015, 02:35:13 pm
Morrilton:

Should bounce back and have a pretty good year.  We will have a good group of seniors this year who will show leadership.  Our quarterback will be a Jr. but saw a lot of playing time last year and is looking good in spring ball showing more confidence.  We will be replacing our record breaking running back this year but there are two really good prospects in the mix. 

I can see us winning 1 or 2 playoff games this year.  To go all the way though is a loooong journey!

I really see a lot of potential in one of the kids that I know will be playing RB....he's a good kid, very polite young man, works hard on the field...and he's a three year starter (I think).  Pound-for-pound, he may be just as tough as Minor, if not more so. I'm not sure about his breakaway speed.  I think he will be a leader on the field, just like he has always been. 

InYoGrill

Analystics- Vilonia- we gonna win football games. That is all.  :o

GuvHog

I've not seen Watson Chapel practice but IMHO until they get some big men up front on both sides of the ball to go with their serious speed and quickness, They aren't going to compete for a State Title. A conference title?? Maybe, but it'll be tough.

Intelligentsia

I'm excited about the Pioneer O-line going into this fall.  We only graduated one full time starter and those returning have matured a lot, and have gotten a fair bit stronger.  We even have some big sophomores moving up who will provide some O-line depth.  A year ago we knew we were going to have to throw a lot while the young o-line matured.  We can return this year to a more balanced attack with a QB who can throw and run, a big tight end with good hands + a speedy, sure handed deep receiver.  It appears that we will have balance in the running attack with one speedy tailback and another strong north-south runner, both of whom play a lot last year.  Considering defensive coach, Stu Smiths ability to field an aggressive group every year, I trust he will do the same this year. This team should make a deep run into the playoffs.  The position that will suffer most is in kicking, though we have a couple young men who should keep us in fair shape and hopefully get stronger as the year progresses..  You just don't see a leg on a player like Oz very often.    No super standout player, but another solid, well coached team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas