• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The championship- PA vs Wynne

Started by PA Dad, November 28, 2014, 10:49:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

November 28, 2014, 10:49:04 pm Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:33:26 pm by PA Dad
Wynne had a close call with Beebe.  PA beat Batesville, although Batesville lost its starting QB midway through the third quarter which devalues the win somewhat.  Batesville beat Wynne.  It seems an easy conclusion that PA will beat Wynne.

But, I think that analysis is too easy and fraught with danger.  Wynne is a dangerous team and has every chance of winning, especially if PA takes Wynne for granted.

I predict a hard fought and close game.  It should be exciting.  But, I give PA a slight edge.

wynneaholic©

1 thing for sure, this game may go down as one of the longest games in 5A history with both teams in a spread no huddle offense!!

tmycjy

Quote from: wynneaholic© on November 28, 2014, 10:57:35 pm
1 thing for sure, this game may go down as one of the longest games in 5A history with both teams in a spread no huddle offense!!

at least the fan will get there money worth lol lol lol lol

walkingguy72396

I'd have to say Wynne is the under-dog in this one.

The Wynne, Batesville game could of gone either way.

PA will be facing a team that just missed being the East Champs by 7 points.

I'll make my normal prediction.  First team to score more than 28 points wins.

whippersnapper

Could this be similar to the PA/Wood 2006 game?

PA Dad

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 28, 2014, 11:03:55 pm

Lord I hope not.  I about had a heart attack at the end of that game.

PA Dad

Quote from: wynneaholic© on November 28, 2014, 10:57:35 pm
You may be right.  The Batesville game sure lasted a long time.

wynneaholic©

Are we going to have a fearless Friday meet and greet before the game?

PA Dad

Sounds good to me.  I met Intelligensia tonight at the game and really enjoyed it.

walkingguy72396

Hopefully, I'll finally make it to the finals.

WPWells

PA Dad

WPWells

Wynne has been 12th Man's state champion pick all year, and 12th Man is sticking to that

football nut

November 28, 2014, 11:53:35 pm #13 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:50:24 pm by football nut
Quote from: PA Dad on November 28, 2014, 11:48:11 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 28, 2014, 11:45:45 pm
Wynne by 7

You want to tell us why?
Given the Wynne fans and Chris Hill I fully expect the dialogue to be more civil and insightful.

PA Dad

I certainly didn't mean to be uncivil.  I just wanted his analysis of the game.  If I was uncivil, I apologize.

WPWells

12th Man didn't take offense. Honestly 12th Man is a 3A fan so he doesn't have much insight

football nut

Quote from: PA Dad on November 28, 2014, 11:56:14 pm
I certainly didn't mean to be uncivil.  I just wanted his analysis of the game.  If I was uncivil, I apologize.
I was referring to the Batesville folks!

PA Dad

I would like to hear what the Batesville and Beebe folks think about this matchup since both of them have played both PA and Wynne.

PA Dad

Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 12:03:56 am
Quote from: PA Dad on November 28, 2014, 11:56:14 pm
I was referring to the Batesville folks!

Sorry.  I thought you were talking about me.

walkingguy72396

I'd be interested in knowing how many of their own kick-offs PA recovered against Bebee.  If any.

PA Dad

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 29, 2014, 12:08:22 am
I'd be interested in knowing how many of their own kick-offs PA recovered against Bebee.  If any.

I attended that game.  My memory is that PA recovered no onside kicks.

Intelligentsia

November 29, 2014, 01:16:25 am #21 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:13:54 am by Intelligentsia
Quote from: PA Dad on November 29, 2014, 12:05:34 am
I would like to hear what the Batesville and Beebe folks think about this matchup since both of them have played both PA and Wynne.

I wouldn't venture a guess concerning the outcome.  Wynne may put more pressure on the QB, but Wynne has not seen a QB like what they will see next week.  The few time we were able to get pressure on him, he had difficulty, but given the amount of time he had, he picked us apart.  It's a toss up in my opinion.  Two great programs will meet in the finals.  I'll have to pull for the East team, but if P.A. wins, we will have our only 5-A loss to come at the hands of the champs.  I hope both teams play their best and that there are no major injuries. 

kwwolves2012

Saw that one of Pulaski's receivers just went off against Batesville. Something like 13 catches for over 250 yards..  Wynne has been inconsistent in the secondary and tends to play the ball poorly while it is in the air. That doesn't bode well for Wynne. PA is a well oiled machine that moves the ball very well and Wynne will need a near perfect defensive effort to keep them below 35 or 40 points. I don't see that happening. The Yellowjackets are very small in the trenches and have difficulty running because of that. Most runs get strung out going to the sideline. Our QB can keep it and get a few yards, but that is about our biggest threat in that area. I do think Wynne can sling it around though. Especially when in rythym. All that being said, I'm going go call for a PA win 49-35.

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 29, 2014, 01:16:25 am
Quote from: PA Dad on November 29, 2014, 12:05:34 am

I wouldn't venture a guess concerning the outcome.  Wynne will put note pressure on the QB, but Wynne has not seen a QB like what they will see next week.  The few time we were able to get pressure on him, he had difficulty, but given the amount of time he had, he picked us apart.  It's a toss up in my opinion.  Two great programs will meet in the finals.  I'll have to pull for the East team, but if P.A. wins, we will have our only 5-A loss to come at the hands of the champs.  I hope both teams play their best and that there are no major injuries.

We can always count on a thoughtful analysis from you
and an honest opinion.  You are a class act.

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on November 28, 2014, 11:06:26 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on November 28, 2014, 11:03:55 pm

Lord I hope not.  I about had a heart attack at the end of that game.

Shoot, I aged 5 years during that game and I was already 100 from the semi at Wynne 😅

JacketDad

Just to sooth my curiousity, does anyone know if Beebe was 100% healthy when they played PA?

MDXPHD

InYoGrill

Game will be a great shootout to say the least. Both teams can score so fast. I give the edge to PA. Coach Hill is a very good coach and offensive mind but Kelley is in a league all by himself. Should be an awesome and very evenly matched championship game. Hope weather is clear and cool.

PA 45 W 38

#1jacketfan

Where's my good buddy ole Hoghead????

playmaker04

Wynne in a 3 and a half hour game. 52-49

football nut

November 29, 2014, 11:57:05 am #30 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:38:07 pm by football nut
This will be a very good game. Chris Hill is one of the best coaches in Arkansas and Wynne has invested heavily in its football program as demonstrated by the installation of new turf.
I had a chance to see Wynne play in the Shootout of the South 7 on 7 tournament this summer. They were very impressive and Ross Trail is very good. The receiving corp is very good as well. While watching a game I had a chance to visit with Chris Hill. He is a very well spoken person that is dedicated to seeing Wynne be successful and enjoys talking about the Wynne program. His wife is a teacher and I suspect both are very dedicated to the betterment of their students.
What a great match up.
Good luck to all.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: JacketDad on November 29, 2014, 08:24:16 am
Just to sooth my curiousity, does anyone know if Beebe was 100% healthy when they played PA?
Yes they were.  It was Tripp Smith's 2nd game back.

PA Dad

Where are the Wynne fans?  For most of the year many folks thought Wynne was the best team in 5A.  Do any of you think Wynne can beat PA?  If so, why?

Badger dad03

as one that watched both games Beebe had with PA and Wynne , PA offense is better than wynne, but Wynne has the better defense , I believe PA will take the game , but it's going to be high scoring

PA Dad

PA's defense has been awesome.  We'll see if Wynne's is better.  I seriously doubt it.

PhotoDoc

Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 11:57:05 am
This will be a very good game. Chris Hill is one of the best coaches in Arkansas and Wynne has invested heavily in its football program as demonstrated by the installation of new turf.
I had a chance to see Wynne play in the Shootout of the South 7 on 7 tournament this summer. They were very impressive and Ross Trail is very good. The receiving corp is very good as well. While watching a game I had a chance to visit with Chris Hill. He is a very well spoken person that is dedicated to seeing Wynne be successful and enjoys talking about the Wynne program. His wife is a teacher and I suspect both are very dedicated to the betterment of their students.
What a great match up.
Good luck to all.
Agreed.  It will be a good matchup.  By the way, it's 47 monkeys, not "monkey 47".

football nut

November 29, 2014, 09:23:12 pm #36 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:26:23 pm by football nut
Quote from: PhotoDoc on November 29, 2014, 09:20:18 pm
Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 11:57:05 am
What a great match up.
Good luck to all.
Agreed.  It will be a good matchup.  By the way, it's 47 monkeys, not "monkey 47".
Great sense of humor Doc!
My bottle says Monkey 47!
Have you tried it?

The Future

If its a defensive battle, then Wynne has a better chance of winning.
If the offenses show off and there's a score every few minutes, then I give the advantage to PA

Wynne was my pick all year to win it all. But after last weeks games I might have to change that. Beebe gave Wynne a game while PA dominated Batesville. Didnt see either coming.

Sorry Wynne. But I'm gonna have to go with PA. I might have to make the trip to the Rock. This game will be a classic. I see it bein more like the Greenwood Wynne 2005 game.

PA 45
Wynne 35

HeberFan

Not much analysis needed here -- PA wins easily.  Wynne barely beat Beebe last week, while the Bruins scored 50 points by halftime on the way to an easy, mercy rule victory.

AT

November 30, 2014, 01:15:48 pm #39 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:18:28 pm by Almatrackster
Wynne won't face an offense similar to Beebe's offense when playing PA. Matchups are key here. Wynne's defense may be more ready to stop an aerial attack (PA) than it is 3 yards and a cloud of dust (Beebe)

I watched some of the Beebe-Wynne cast simultaneously with Batesville-PA. Wynne's offense is much more explosive than Batesville's and will take advantage of those short fields IF they can recover the onside kicks more than Batesville did.

Wynne didn't look as physical as Batesville, but pressure on the QB is more key to beating PA than just straight up physicality.

I'm not sure who will win this.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 30, 2014, 01:15:48 pm
Wynne won't face an offense similar to Beebe's offense when playing PA. Matchups are key here. Wynne's defense may be more ready to stop an aerial attack (PA) than it is 3 yards and a cloud of dust (Beebe)

I watched some of the Beebe-Wynne cast simultaneously with Batesville-PA. Wynne's offense is much more explosive than Batesville's and will take advantage of those short fields IF they can recover the onside kicks more than Batesville did.

Wynne didn't look as physical as Batesville, but pressure on the QB is more key to beating PA than just straight up physicality.

Agree with everything.  Wynne has a lot of speed on defense. Combine that with the offense's ability to score and you have a good game.  This will be a fun championship to watch.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 30, 2014, 01:15:48 pm

Good analysis.  We will see how good the Wynne defense is.  PA's lowest offensive output was 42 points against Highland Park.  HP has a very good defense.  The most points it allowed against any other team was 28.

So, I seriously doubt that Wynne can hold PA to 45 points or less.  I think the real issue is if Wynne can score 40 or more points against a very good PA defense.  I doubt that it can.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2014, 09:19:35 am
Wynne- 42
PA- 37

Let's see.  Aren't you the same guy who said PA wouldn't run away from Batesville and that the margin in that game would be 3 to 7 points?

Just asking.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 30, 2014, 06:17:58 pm
Wynne- 42
PA- 37

Let's see.  Aren't you the same guy who said PA wouldn't run away from Batesville and that the margin in that game would be 3 to 7 points?

Just asking.

Are you bored?

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 30, 2014, 06:45:25 pm
Wynne- 42
PA- 37

Just asking.

Are you bored?

Nah.  Just having a little fun.  One of the hazards of making a prediction is that you might be wrong and someone will point it out.  If Wynne wins I'm sure you'll return the favor.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: PA Dad on November 30, 2014, 06:51:22 pm
Wynne- 42
PA- 37

Just asking.

Are you bored?

Nah.  Just having a little fun.  One of the hazards of making a prediction is that you might be wrong and someone will point it out.  If Wynne wins I'm sure you'll return the favor.
Sounds like to me you need to get a life bro...you stay on here making these ignorant statements about a high school football team...you act like this is some D1 football championship or something...this is a game of a bunch of teenagers playing and your acting like if PA loses your gonna lose your job or something...I'm assuming your a grown man...but it's really hard to tell...it's not that serious...so take a deep breath and stop worrying yourself to death about who's gonna win...and just enjoy the moment! Dang!

justalionfan

Quote from: #1jacketfan on December 01, 2014, 12:30:35 am
Wynne- 42
PA- 37

Just asking.

Are you bored?

Sounds like to me you need to get a life bro...you stay on here making these ignorant statements about a high school football team...you act like this is some D1 football championship or something...this is a game of a bunch of teenagers playing and your acting like if PA loses your gonna lose your job or something...I'm assuming your a grown man...but it's really hard to tell...it's not that serious...so take a deep breath and stop worrying yourself to death about who's gonna win...and just enjoy the moment! Dang!

+1

PA Dad

Quote from: justajacketfan on December 01, 2014, 10:56:07 am
Quote from: #1jacketfan on December 01, 2014, 12:30:35 am
Wynne- 42
PA- 37

Just asking.

Are you bored?

+1

You are, of course, correct.  I have no life and I will lose my job if PA loses.  I'm really amazed at your intelligence!  You can figure all of that out from my posts here!

I'll also confess to making ignorant statements.  You surely think all of my statements are ignorant.  But, just out of curiosity,  which of my ignorant statements are you referencing in your post?  Maybe I can do better if you will enlighten me.

PercussionMan

Want Wynne to win this one, but I'm figuring Pulaski Academy finishes them off.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas