• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clarendon basketball 2018

Started by da greatest bigbaby, November 12, 2018, 06:43:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on January 16, 2019, 12:37:34 am
We should have never came in at 2 honestly but we will be back up there soon enough.  I'm not really concerned about rankings anyway.  Right now we just have to work on consistency.

Come on MomaLion.  I know you keep a scrap book for all the Clarendon Players, and ranking do mean something to the kids and parents. Clarendon does have an easy schedule for the next few weeks.  If others lose, you can move up.

da greatest bigbaby

Ctucker were coming in @ no. 5 42 sports updated I don't do Max prep they don't update regularly they still had marked tree no. 1 after we drum'd em lol an Jesus none of the guys on the team  had any stats posted for the Barton game maybe moma has some stats  an moma they have the official conference alignment on the schedule that was sent out @ the beginning of the season  not sure what Max prep has going on they had Barton rank'd ahead of the mighty lions in hoops wow lol

Ctucker

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 17, 2019, 02:05:22 am
Ctucker were coming in @ no. 5 42 sports updated I don't do Max prep they don't update regularly they still had marked tree no. 1 after we drum'd em lol an Jesus none of the guys on the team  had any stats posted for the Barton game maybe moma has some stats  an moma they have the official conference alignment on the schedule that was sent out @ the beginning of the season  not sure what Max prep has going on they had Barton rank'd ahead of the mighty lions in hoops wow lol
wrong again Big Baby Max preps updates ever day if your coach will call it in! But it don't matter you wouldn't be ranked anyway!

MomaLion

Quote from: Jesus Saves on January 16, 2019, 07:29:04 am
I would love to know Cartwright's stats from the Barton game.  He worked hard all night and never left the floor.  I'm guessing a triple double?  Moma Lion, can you provide this info?
I don't have his stats but I'll see if I can get them. He did play hard but I'd still say that the Marked Tree game was his best.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on January 16, 2019, 03:09:27 pm
Come on MomaLion.  I know you keep a scrap book for all the Clarendon Players, and ranking do mean something to the kids and parents. Clarendon does have an easy schedule for the next few weeks.  If others lose, you can move up.
No scrap booking for me lol and yes the rankings are good to look at but I think it gives them a false sense of security. I try to be realistic but we all know I'm a homer lol.

MomaLion

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 17, 2019, 02:05:22 am
Maxpreps has us ranked so low in conference because they don't have all the conference games marked for us.

Lions84

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on January 17, 2019, 09:29:39 am
Maxpreps has us ranked so low in conference because they don't have all the conference games marked for us.
All you have to do is call it in! Does nobody in yalls district have a phone? Beside that paper does rankings it just for show doesn't really mean much but with yalls record you probably won't be ranked! But like I said doesn't matter anyway but if y'all was ranked Big Baby would think it's awsome and all legit and greatest thing in the world! Lol

FromTheBench

Quote from: Ctucker on January 17, 2019, 11:14:45 am
All you have to do is call it in! Does nobody in yalls district have a phone? Beside that paper does rankings it just for show doesn't really mean much but with yalls record you probably won't be ranked! But like I said doesn't matter anyway but if y'all was ranked Big Baby would think it's awsome and all legit and greatest thing in the world! Lol

MaxPreps updates every Tuesday and Friday, regardless of call ins.

Ctucker

Quote from: FromTheBench on January 17, 2019, 01:05:34 pm
MaxPreps updates every Tuesday and Friday, regardless of call ins.
that's the nights we play and it always updated next day!And our conference is updated and theirs is not so how does that happen!

bdubyab60

Quote from: Ctucker on January 17, 2019, 01:29:12 pm
that's the nights we play and it always updated next day!And our conference is updated and theirs is not so how does that happen!
It is never fully updated. Maxpreps is a crappy site. Went I. There one time and they still had our results from the previous year showing for the current year. They throw in what they receive. I've even seen them have rankings where teams had played double digit games ranked and then some team 1-0 ranked and I knew for fact the team had won that one game all year.

If anyone is relying on that site for anything other than news yiu are more than likely behind on the info. It may be better than years past but still a lot of gaps in it.

And if you are relying on 42sports for rankings Well I guess that's as good as anyone's opinion on here as well.

Ctucker

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 17, 2019, 02:43:00 pm
It is never fully updated. Maxpreps is a crappy site. Went I. There one time and they still had our results from the previous year showing for the current year. They throw in what they receive. I've even seen them have rankings where teams had played double digit games ranked and then some team 1-0 ranked and I knew for fact the team had won that one game all year.

If anyone is relying on that site for anything other than news yiu are more than likely behind on the info. It may be better than years past but still a lot of gaps in it.

And if you are relying on 42sports for rankings Well I guess that's as good as anyone's opinion on here as well.
I don't rely on on it at all but ours is always been completely updated this year! Are record has been updated day after game all year! I really don't know why other are not! I was looking at our conference teams schedules and all of theirs looks updated!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on January 17, 2019, 04:21:22 pm
I don't rely on on it at all but ours is always been completely updated this year! Are record has been updated day after game all year! I really don't know why other are not! I was looking at our conference teams schedules and all of theirs looks updated!

The only reason it could be is that they aren't putting the scores in, until the next day or so, but fans can put them in too, I do when I notice one hasn't been posted.

MomaLion

Quote from: Jesus Saves on January 16, 2019, 07:29:04 am
I would love to know Cartwright's stats from the Barton game.  He worked hard all night and never left the floor.  I'm guessing a triple double?  Moma Lion, can you provide this info?
18 pts 12 rebounds 10 blocks

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 17, 2019, 01:29:12 pm
It's the way it was set up and has nothing to do with the biweekly updates.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 17, 2019, 04:21:22 pm
The win/loss part is updated regularly. It's the conference games that aren't marked correctly. I'm sure coach could get it fixed but I'm also sure that he doesn't get worked up over things like that.
I simply wanted clarification on how our conference is working this year since I couldn't find it on the AAA site.

MomaLion

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 17, 2019, 06:09:16 pm
The only reason it could be is that they aren't putting the scores in, until the next day or so, but fans can put them in too, I do when I notice one hasn't been posted.
The scores are always submitted on game day,  that's not the issue.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on January 17, 2019, 06:33:35 pm
The scores are always submitted on game day,  that's not the issue.
I guess they just don't like yalls conference!

YSpanther

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 17, 2019, 02:43:00 pm

Then you should notify the AAA.  They are in partnership together and every coach is required to update their scores and put their schedule in correctly.  MaxPreps is only as good as the coaches submitting information though.  Some of the coaches are very bad at the internets and all things technology based.  From looking at Clarendon's statistics, someone at Clarendon did a poor job of marking the schedule.  But contrary to some who commented on here, it can be fixed retroactively and for the rest of the season if they cared enough to go in and do it.  And I tell you this with authority as someone who has used the site in the past and has done things like this before.

On a side note, when it comes to baseball, some coaches deliberately do not submit anything but the most basic stats required by the site, so that opponents won't know who the best pitchers and hitters on the other teams are.  Like coaches don't talk to each other.  ;D

MomaLion

I'll see what I can do.  I've submitted scores and updates in the past, I just didn't know if I could change the conference games or if it had to be the school or AAA.

bdubyab60

Quote from: YSpanther on January 17, 2019, 09:01:32 pm
Then you should notify the AAA.  They are in partnership together and every coach is required to update their scores and put their schedule in correctly.  MaxPreps is only as good as the coaches submitting information though.  Some of the coaches are very bad at the internets and all things technology based.  From looking at Clarendon's statistics, someone at Clarendon did a poor job of marking the schedule.  But contrary to some who commented on here, it can be fixed retroactively and for the rest of the season if they cared enough to go in and do it.  And I tell you this with authority as someone who has used the site in the past and has done things like this before.

On a side note, when it comes to baseball, some coaches deliberately do not submit anything but the most basic stats required by the site, so that opponents won't know who the best pitchers and hitters on the other teams are.  Like coaches don't talk to each other.  ;D
I mean all doing is backing up what I'm saying. Maxpreps is halfa$&. And if it can be retroactively so what. Over half the season is gone. Everyone should know who is what by now.

The site is garbage and I stand by that. Because if everyone isn't doing what they are supposed to the information put in to it isn't worth much

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MomaLion on January 18, 2019, 02:35:59 am
I'll see what I can do.  I've submitted scores and updates in the past, I just didn't know if I could change the conference games or if it had to be the school or AAA.

It's a headache, but they have responded to my emails in the past...

Ctucker

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 18, 2019, 07:17:36 am
I mean all doing is backing up what I'm saying. Maxpreps is halfa$&. And if it can be retroactively so what. Over half the season is gone. Everyone should know who is what by now.

The site is garbage and I stand by that. Because if everyone isn't doing what they are supposed to the information put in to it isn't worth much
True!

RedWolf275

Yeah Maxpreps isn't much. They have the Earle girls team ranked #7 and behind Marmaduke. That is outright laughable to me. Earle should be #1 til somebody proves they aren't #1.

da greatest bigbaby

MomaLion

Our Lady Cubs are winning 44-3 @ halftime.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on January 18, 2019, 05:21:22 pm
Our Lady Cubs are winning 44-3 @ halftime.
. Wow do y'all not have a heart!lol

MomaLion

They are just that bad. We ran the clock at half and had the subs playing... and weren't trying to score. We have a really good Jr girls team.

YSpanther

January 18, 2019, 11:44:26 pm #478 Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:44:04 am by YSpanther
Quote from: MomaLion on January 18, 2019, 02:35:59 am
It should be the schoo that fixes it.  Sometimes it is an administrator or athletic director that does schedules and updates the conference box check etc. instead of the coach. The AAA threatens fines, but pretty much it is only in regards to submitting scores.  It is frustrating when someone in your conference can't work the stuff so fans don't know the standings. Trust me, the coaches know who is in the lead, and how the tiebreakers stand too.

da greatest bigbaby

Good win for the lions 67-33 over Kipp delta up next marianna

MomaLion

My Lions travel to Marianna Tuesday to take on the Trojans.  I hear they think they are prepared for Malik...we'll see  ;D

Lions84

Go Lions beat the Trojans AKA the Old Lee High Rebels.

da greatest bigbaby

MomaLion

Halftime
Clarendon 33
Marianna 22

MomaLion

Clarendon 55
Marianna 43
Sr Boys final

da greatest bigbaby

Go lions good win over the Marianna Trojans  moma I guess they wasn't ready for the twin towers  6'6 Malik an 6'4 Rodd lol

Lions84

Trojanbird

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 23, 2019, 05:33:03 am
Go lions good win over the Marianna Trojans  moma I guess they wasn't ready for the twin towers  6'6 Malik an 6'4 Rodd lol
Still dunkin over the goal post I guess!

MomaLion

Quote from: Trojanbird on January 23, 2019, 11:05:56 pm
Still dunkin over the goal post I guess!
Still dunking over the top of y'alls players lol.  They really thought they were going to contain Malik...silly rabbits.

MomaLion

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 23, 2019, 05:33:03 am
I heard they were saying that the refs cheated for us lol. I don't know why they would, they were totally lopsided in their favor on the first 2 games.  At one point in the girls game it was 15 fouls for Clarendon and 2 for Marianna...which is fine if Marianna wasn't committing fouls but they were.

MomaLion

We travel to Barton tomorrow to take on the Bears...LET'S GO LIONS  :) :) :)

da greatest bigbaby

Go lions whip the Barton bears tonite

FoxandHound34

What's the score in Barton so I can post to MaxPreps, since no one knows how apparently down there?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 25, 2019, 09:15:55 pm
What's the score in Barton so I can post to MaxPreps, since no one knows how apparently down there?

Maybe this guy can get that conference shenanigans fixed too 🤷

MomaLion

Again,  there is no issue with scores being posted. Apparently y'all can't read.

FoxandHound34

MomaLion

I posted it once. If it's that important to you,  go back and reread. There has never been an issue posting scores. If the coaches don't put them up quickly, i will post them.  They've been super fast this season.

FoxandHound34

I'm sorry forgot y'all can't get your conference games straightened out. It's a shame no one can do that for y'all

NEABBALLFAN03

Quote from: MomaLion on January 25, 2019, 10:03:47 pm
I posted it once. If it's that important to you,  go back and reread. There has never been an issue posting scores. If the coaches don't put them up quickly, i will post them.  They've been super fast this season.
Score was posted in a different thread.

da greatest bigbaby

Here Fox yaw the lions whip the Barton bears on the road  75-71 lol  not sure why they wait til 12 am either Fox I'm assuming their enjoy'n the moment lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas