• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fountain Lake Head Coaching job

Started by CFB>NFL, December 17, 2018, 04:16:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

youhavenoidea

Quote from: footballmom42 on January 31, 2019, 10:53:01 am
I can only hope the new coach will stay more than 2 years. One of the candidates being considered hasn't been anywhere more than 3 years. It's hard to build something when you only stay 2-3 years.....
Who or where is this list of candidates

athletic supporter

From my sources it is a coach from NEA

footballmom42

There were 3 candidates. 2 head coaches and 1 assistant coach or coordinator. Not going to put their names out here. They will announce today or tomorrow.

athletic supporter

That's fine and I totally understand. My source is true man

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: footballmom42 on January 31, 2019, 11:33:12 am
There were 3 candidates. 2 head coaches and 1 assistant coach or coordinator. Not going to put their names out here.

Why not? Don't want to be wrong?

Sigmund Sauer

January 31, 2019, 11:53:30 am #55 Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:02:35 pm by Sigmund Sauer
lol! This place has never been a place for secrets. All this nonsense just means you have no idea other than what was told over coffee. Suddenly it's super confidential info over potential coaching hires. This isn't the CIA people, have a little fun and state who you think gets the nod!

Jimbo Morphis

hogdiggity

Quote from: footballmom42 on January 31, 2019, 11:33:12 am
There were 3 candidates. 2 head coaches and 1 assistant coach or coordinator. Not going to put their names out here. They will announce today or tomorrow.

If they formally applied it is FOI'able info so really no reason not to,

athletic supporter

January 31, 2019, 12:53:49 pm #58 Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:13:28 pm by athletic supporter

footballmom42

Quote from: hogdiggity on January 31, 2019, 12:29:03 pm
If they formally applied it is FOI'able info so really no reason not to,
If it's "FOI'able" then you should have no trouble finding out who they are. I only said I know the names of who they interviewed & I am not going to post them here. Don't know who they have hired. They are having a special school board this evening to approve the hire. I assume it will be announced tomorrow.

hogdiggity

Quote from: footballmom42 on January 31, 2019, 12:58:33 pm
If it's "FOI'able" then you should have no trouble finding out who they are. I only said I know the names of who they interviewed & I am not going to post them here. Don't know who they have hired. They are having a special school board this evening to approve the hire. I assume it will be announced tomorrow.

I am not giving you a hard time, really don't care who they hired/interviewed.  Just stating that if they filled out an application like all interview candidates should be required to they are FOI'able.  If they had an off the books conversation about the job that is not.  These comments were as much for the folks asking as anyone. 

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: footballmom42 on January 31, 2019, 12:58:33 pm
It's pointless to come on here and tell us what you're not going to tell us. That makes no sense. So, I call Bee Essss! Of course there are people being interviewed.

athletic supporter

If it is the name I was told then I'll just say that I think they didn't hire the best coach available. Green grass isn't always the best grass

Mulerider4Life

So I heard he use to coach in the NFL, he even is suppose to be in the Hall of Fame, but I am not going to name names.  ;D

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 31, 2019, 01:11:52 pm
It's pointless to come on here and tell us what you're not going to tell us. That makes no sense. So, I call Bee Essss! Of course there are people being interviewed.

I always love the folks who say, "I know, but I'm not going to say anything!" As you said, why say anything at all then?

Of course, my all time favorite is: "(Insert coaches name here) is a home run hire!" Tip: they're not all home runs.

athletic supporter

My source was partially right. He had the school he was coming from. He just didn't realize he was an assistant at said school in NEA. And yes, according to sources, it will be CBB

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: athletic supporter on January 31, 2019, 02:27:36 pm
My source was partially right. He had the school he was coming from. He just didn't realize he was an assistant at said school in NEA. And yes, according to sources, it will be CBB

ummmmm k

RabAlumni

It's Brandon Barbaree if anyone is wondering!

Missco

Yep, his son was telling it at school today.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: RabAlumni on January 31, 2019, 03:27:21 pm

Apparently Brandon Barbaree has some dirt on him. Was he the same guy that gave a paddling to a kid at Lonake? Sticking to football, he was 26-11 at Gosnell. Looks to be a solid coach, but nothing too special. Will be curious to see if he can get Fountain Lake to be a top competitor. My guess is he will have a very similar team to Harmony Grove. Will have some up and down years consistently.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: RabAlumni on January 31, 2019, 03:27:21 pm
You made that seem so easy?!?! Are there black helicopters circling your house now?

RabAlumni

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on January 31, 2019, 04:07:08 pm
Apparently Brandon Barbaree has some dirt on him. Was he the same guy that gave a paddling to a kid at Lonake? Sticking to football, he was 26-11 at Gosnell. Looks to be a solid coach, but nothing too special. Will be curious to see if he can get Fountain Lake to be a top competitor. My guess is he will have a very similar team to Harmony Grove. Will have some up and down years consistently.

Nah, no dirt on him.  He is a very good friend of mine actually! One of my fraternity brothers at UCA. The guy can flat out coach to be honest. He is old school and new school all rolled into one. If the kids buy into his coaching philosophy they will win a lot of games there even though they are in a very tough conference.

Rick Swines

Its Bush league to post dirt on someone. Everyone has dirt on them if you look hard enough and no one wants dirt put on an anonymous message board.

Missco

RabAlumni

Quote from: Missco on January 31, 2019, 04:22:00 pm
He is a very good coach.

Correct.  Very solid!   He and His Wife both are Class Acts hands down.

Missco

Katdaddy

Just because something is true doesn't make it any better for it to be posted. That being posted had no reason to be posted... just my opinion !!

welven

Well in the next hour it will look like old Joe Bob at the doughnut shop was very correct on their information! BOOM! I already know I'm right because I wouldn't post anything that was ever inaccurate!! ANNNNNNND Atkins guy wasn't the best fit, too old and would retire to play golf in two years! ::)

Sigmund Sauer

Classless

arkansasFBscoop

There is no dirt.  Barbaree is a good dude.  He'll do a good job.  DW will make Ft. Lake different in that conference and different is good for them, IMO.

hoskinsplace

Quote from: Katdaddy on January 31, 2019, 04:43:10 pm
Just because something is true doesn't make it any better for it to be posted. That being posted had no reason to be posted... just my opinion !!
Agreed

Qhcaoc

Great Coach, Great Guy who does everything the way it should be done. Great Hire.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: RabAlumni on January 31, 2019, 04:16:08 pm

Nah, no dirt on him.  He is a very good friend of mine actually! One of my fraternity brothers at UCA. The guy can flat out coach to be honest. He is old school and new school all rolled into one. If the kids buy into his coaching philosophy they will win a lot of games there even though they are in a very tough conference.

Sorry I meant that in the way of media "dirt", didn't mean he was a bad guy. Doesn't mean he was even in the wrong for that.

Rick Swines

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on February 01, 2019, 07:24:26 am
Sorry I meant that in the way of media "dirt", didn't mean he was a bad guy. Doesn't mean he was even in the wrong for that.

What if someone got on here and posted a low moment in your professional life? Just a classless move because he isn't the guy you wanted hired.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Rick Swines on February 01, 2019, 07:42:52 am
What if someone got on here and posted a low moment in your professional life? Just a classless move because he isn't the guy you wanted hired.

I could care less who and what gets hired. It's high school football at the end of the day. Doesn't affect my income or 8-5 Job. If someone posted a low moment in my professional life, it's just a good way to hold myself accountable. That's how we get better. Regardless, best of luck to this guy. Fountain Lake is a terrific school with great students and facility.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Rick Swines on February 01, 2019, 07:42:52 am
Who said he was a professional?

athletic supporter

Quote from: welven on January 31, 2019, 05:36:14 pm
Well in the next hour it will look like old Joe Bob at the doughnut shop was very correct on their information! BOOM! I already know I'm right because I wouldn't post anything that was ever inaccurate!! ANNNNNNND Atkins guy wasn't the best fit, too old and would retire to play golf in two years! ::)

The "Atkins guy" is 50. That's too old? He will retire in 2 years? I should've been a HS football coach.

Mr. Mercer

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on January 31, 2019, 09:19:08 pm
There is no dirt.  Barbaree is a good dude.  He'll do a good job.  DW will make Ft. Lake different in that conference and different is good for them, IMO.

Not really.  7-4A had Bauxite, Harmony Grove and Ashdown who all ran some form of the same offense.  Now half will be spread and half won't.  Jimmies and Joes will always be Fountain Lakes issue as long as they're in the 7

we_hate_the_band

You've not been out much have you? I'd imagine there's more than one person on here that A: Got a paddling in school and B: is better for it. And Corporal punishment is still legal because it is effective.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on February 01, 2019, 09:53:45 am
You've not been out much have you? I'd imagine there's more than one person on here that A: Got a paddling in school and B: is better for it. And Corporal punishment is still legal because it is effective.

I can say paddling is beneficial. I got several licks myself. No, again, not saying this was a bad guy, just saying his name has been in the media.

Sigmund Sauer

OK, just so we can clear Brandon from this 5 year old nonsense that MuleRider dug up. It is the same nonsense every other principal who paddles had to deal with. He gave a kid 3 swats on the behind with parents permission because the kid was caught fighting. It left a bruise. Parents called KATV because it left a bruise. Case was dropped nothing was ever pursued against Barbaree. Coming on here typing vague crap about a school employ is just plain wrong.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 01, 2019, 10:49:45 am
OK, just so we can clear Brandon from this 5 year old nonsense that MuleRider dug up. It is the same nonsense every other principal who paddles had to deal with. He gave a kid 3 swats on the behind with parents permission because the kid was caught fighting. It left a bruise. Parents called KATV because it left a bruise. Case was dropped nothing was ever pursued against Barbaree. Coming on here typing vague crap about a school employ is just plain wrong.

Based on what you just told me and further research I have done this morning, I posted without doing further research, so therefore, I should not have brought up that in my first discussion post. Wasn't trying to slander Brandon, even though I see how that I came across. Best of luck and success to Brandon, and I apologize and thank you for you guys holding me accountable. I will work to do better in the future.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on February 01, 2019, 10:13:54 am
I can say paddling is beneficial. I got several licks myself. No, again, not saying this was a bad guy, just saying his name has been in the media.

Clearly it amdends behavior but not ignorance.

bigchief72455

I guess Fountain Lake is going to the double wing.

Gray lizard

If you can not leave a bruise when using a paddle might as well not use it.
We had a female coach that would draw blood.

Pat Swilling

I think this is a good hire.  That league is much tougher that NE corner league.

Jimmymack

Fountain Lake got a great coach and great family. 

birddawg1986

Suprising he left. His son will be Sr and wife is superintendent at Armorel

jsky14

AlumniLights

Fountain Lake got a good one. He has jumped around a bit, but I think he just likes the challenge of starting anew. He took his double-wing experience from Vilonia and sprinkled it into Charleston's game plan that helped them salvage a few games back in '06 when the tigers went 9-3 but ran into Watson's bunch of Sullivent and Co. He did a great job while there and won the respect of the group of kids he coached. He was left no choice but to move on from C-Town when Loughridge took the head job and both of them being defensive guys. I played for him back then. I don't even think Brett was in elementary yet. He was a great dude all around. I think he will do great things in FL, at least I hope so. Rooting for him all the way from St. Louis.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas