• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnolia?

Started by Rida4Life, January 07, 2019, 10:28:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gone wild

Quote from: Rida4Life on February 07, 2019, 02:46:08 pm
You'll have to excuse boogercat.  He hates small school coaches.  He thinks Jones was a bad hire 'cause he's from AA and King is a bad hire 'cause he's from AA.

we should all listen.... he is a self-proclaimed expert.  Even called out another coach about where said coach had been employed and then said it was unprofessional when said coach posted to clear up the confusion.
boogercat is a legend in his own mind.  Just ask him if you don't believe me.

legend wasn't exactly the word I was thinking of

boogercat

Quote from: Rida4Life on February 07, 2019, 02:46:08 pm
You'll have to excuse boogercat.  He hates small school coaches.  He thinks Jones was a bad hire 'cause he's from AA and King is a bad hire 'cause he's from AA.

we should all listen.... he is a self-proclaimed expert.  Even called out another coach about where said coach had been employed and then said it was unprofessional when said coach posted to clear up the confusion.
boogercat is a legend in his own mind.  Just ask him if you don't believe me.

I didn't bash the hire by King. I was being sarcastic about the hire that they will win the state championship in 2019. Go back and read.

tmycjy

So what offense and defense is he going to run

Rida4Life

He ran the triple option at Foreman.  not sure about defense. 4-3 i think

Katdaddy

Has Coach King started at Magnolia yet or is he still at Foreman until his contract is done?

gameoflife

Not knocking either man, just curious because of how fans determine what is a good coach and what isn't.  Why will King do well and Magnolia and Panter didn't.  I read a lot of comments where people are just as sold on how good Panter is. 

boogercat

Quote from: gameoflife on February 13, 2019, 03:54:58 pm
Not knocking either man, just curious because of how fans determine what is a good coach and what isn't.  Why will King do well and Magnolia and Panter didn't.  I read a lot of comments where people are just as sold on how good Panter is.

Apprently folks are very high on King for some reason. I doubt he can win there at Magnolia and turn things around. I would had waited for something better to come up besides going to Magnolia. One of the Little Rock schools would had been better to work with then Magnolia.

Arkansasprofit

Quote from: boogercat on February 14, 2019, 01:14:45 pm

Apprently folks are very high on King for some reason. I doubt he can win there at Magnolia and turn things around. I would had waited for something better to come up besides going to Magnolia. One of the Little Rock schools would had been better to work with then Magnolia.

And what Little Rock school would be the better job, that he should have taken?  Which ones are going to be coming up that you know about?  Will they be coming up in a few weeks, a few months, or in the next couple of years?

FootballFever

boggercat why do think King can't win at Magnolia?  You are right about people posting that Panter is a good coach and indeed he is.  Some people are great coordinators but don't make good head coaches, i feel that this was the case with Panter.  It happens all the time at every level, a guy is a great coordinator but fails as a head coach.  Sometimes it just takes a different personality or approach to reach kids and get them to play to their potential.  Just curious as to why you think he can't win at Magnolia.

i40traveler

There are a lot of LR schools that are worse fb jobs than Magnolia

boogercat

February 15, 2019, 09:58:28 am #110 Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 10:17:34 am by boogercat
Quote from: FootballFever on February 15, 2019, 08:39:27 am
boggercat why do think King can't win at Magnolia?  You are right about people posting that Panter is a good coach and indeed he is.  Some people are great coordinators but don't make good head coaches, i feel that this was the case with Panter.  It happens all the time at every level, a guy is a great coordinator but fails as a head coach.  Sometimes it just takes a different personality or approach to reach kids and get them to play to their potential.  Just curious as to why you think he can't win at Magnolia.

How long are you willing to wait and see if he can win at Magnolia? This isn't college, its high school. When was the last time Magnolia made the playoffs and actually did something and had a strong run at least? So Panter is not a good head coach because he failed at Magnolia? Give me a break. It's been a long time since they have won 9 games or more. If you really think King will be the answer for Magnolia and will get them to start winning, you need to tell me where you get your stuff at because I want some too. Some coaches can't win at certain programs for certain reasons. You can only coach what you have on the field. King has jumped from program to program last several years. That itself should be a red-flag for Magnolia. King wont be loyal to Magnolia and will be there for a short time.

i40traveler

King did really well his first 2 years at both PC and Foreman.  Year 1 was also his best year at Horatio.  I Look for Magnolia to be immediately much improved.

boogercat

Quote from: i40traveler on February 15, 2019, 10:36:08 am
King did really well his first 2 years at both PC and Foreman.  Year 1 was also his best year at Horatio.  I Look for Magnolia to be immediately much improved.

Playing those 4A and 3A teams in non conference really getting them ready for conference.

Arkansasprofit

Quote from: boogercat on February 15, 2019, 12:53:21 pm
Playing those 4A and 3A teams in non conference really getting them ready for conference.

So I guess King is responsible for the scheduling of last year?  Just wait and see Magnolia will be turned around.  I guess wherever you coached before you had a lot of bad seasons, and think he will do as bad as you?  How many state championships did Foreman win before King?  When was the last time Foreman won a district Championship before King?  You need to change the light bulb in your head, because I don't think your very bright!!!!

boogercat

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on February 15, 2019, 02:49:47 pm
So I guess King is responsible for the scheduling of last year?  Just wait and see Magnolia will be turned around.  I guess wherever you coached before you had a lot of bad seasons, and think he will do as bad as you?  How many state championships did Foreman win before King?  When was the last time Foreman won a district Championship before King?  You need to change the light bulb in your head, because I don't think your very bright!!!!

I'm not bright? You are high on something thinking King is going to win something at Magnolia. He will be gone and won't be there long. How long will you give King a chance to win there? Please tell me so I can bring it up again. Do you really believe Magnolia can fight and go against some of the better teams in 5A with King being the head coach? Those teams he was at were in 2A, lot easier to coach those teams than it is in the higher class with more difficulties and challenges.

Arkansasprofit

Quote from: boogercat on February 15, 2019, 04:39:16 pm

I'm not bright? You are high on something thinking King is going to win something at Magnolia. He will be gone and won't be there long. How long will you give King a chance to win there? Please tell me so I can bring it up again. Do you really believe Magnolia can fight and go against some of the better teams in 5A with King being the head coach? Those teams he was at were in 2A, lot easier to coach those teams than it is in the higher class with more difficulties and challenges.

I think he will win 7-8 games this year, and he will go to the playoffs.  He will get better and better.  The Triple Flex Bone Offense will be perfect for Magnolia.  Either I  will be right or you will be wrong???  We will both know by the 2nd week of November!!!

boogercat

Hogman2018

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on February 15, 2019, 07:15:18 pm
I think he will win 7-8 games this year, and he will go to the playoffs.  He will get better and better.  The Triple Flex Bone Offense will be perfect for Magnolia.  Either I  will be right or you will be wrong???  We will both know by the 2nd week of November!!!
They wont beat LR MC , CF or Texarkana in conference! The best they will finish is fourth!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Hogman2018 on February 15, 2019, 08:50:01 pm
They wont beat LR MC , CF or Texarkana in conference! The best they will finish is fourth!!
probably win 4-5 games the first year

boogercat

Finally someone with some sense came to respond.

Arkansasprofit

[/quote

Good thing they will settle this on the football field!!

We will all have to wait until the season starts. I will agree with you that Texarkana, Camden Fairview, & LR McClellan will be tough games.

Pat Swilling

Coach King on campus yet?

AHS06

Don't forget Lakeside

BlueCrew4U

Any word on who will complete Coach King's staff?

airitout

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on April 10, 2019, 11:29:20 am

How many does he get to hire?

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on April 10, 2019, 11:29:20 am

We aren't playing identity politics here.

airitout

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on April 12, 2019, 12:33:49 pm
We aren't playing identity politics here.

what does this even mean?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas