• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia Eagles

Started by GB1987, November 17, 2010, 11:46:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vtowneagles

October 19, 2011, 04:03:32 pm #1000 Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:51:38 pm by vtowneagles
looking forward to playing in greenwood. heard the atmosphere is amazing

DeepCoverage

It is called "I give up."  Happened last year also

turftime

We went thru the baseball quiters and i think we will be better next year. Just be patient wasent so long ago that V-Town was runners up with this coach and offence.

5Awest

Can't be mad at kids who prefer one sport over another it's to much work to stay in a sport you don't love.   Not as easy to play all sports.

onewildeagle

Hey DC..  Since it seems to bother you so much.....keep preaching your agenda!   :o  everyone knows you have one and if I felt that someone close to me was done wrong I would have one also.   
Here is something told to me today that should make you happy.  The word going around the fieldhouse is that Coach Jordan will be in charge of the offense next year.  Supposed to have come from the AD.
keep the faith.  change is in the air. 

windbox

Turf, I am sure you are a great kid, apparently can't read, but a great hard working kid.  If you would only ask Sax, Anderson, Kirk, Davey, Calhoun or any of the seniors they heard the boys get kicked off, guess you were still at South Arkansas University at that time.

windbox

What onewildeagle, we have a AD

turftime

Sorry Windbox had no idea they were kicked off .

onewildeagle

Well Windbox,  we have one supposedly.  Have yet to see anything from him, but if what I was told is true he was told to make the change from someone with deep pockets who has a interest in seeing the ball in the air next year.   Is that clear as mud?  ;D

windbox

I sure hope so.  Best news I've heard in a while!

5Awest

Won't matter Huntsville will own the 5A west next year.

windbox

Someone is full of crap.

5Awest

DeepCoverage

Jimmymack

DC  I think we got a solution to make everybody happy  Coach is in his 10th year of a 15 year contract.  If you and someone with some cash can come up with a 5 year buyout worth approx.
5 million dollars we will walk and I'll even take Turf to that high dollar private school in Shreveport.
Would you be willing to come up with some cash for a buyout?  If not continue your agenda that you claimed you didnt have.  Also Ive heard that the head coach at West Virginia is coming to put in the Lonsome Polecat!  If thats true we will stay and you can keep your buyout money.  Its all good brother.

DeepCoverage

Quote from: onewildeagle on October 19, 2011, 06:42:37 pm
Well Windbox,  we have one supposedly.  Have yet to see anything from him, but if what I was told is true he was told to make the change from someone with deep pockets who has a interest in seeing the ball in the air next year.   Is that clear as mud?  ;D

Done!

turftime

Dad good to see you on here.  You are right heard today 5 more years for coach so i'll finish here.

Jimmymack

Good to hear Turf, your mother says you are thriving up there!  Good grades, I may buy you that new Truck!

ahsalum

Hey JimmyMack.....

When are ya comin back

EagleIview

I am here to protect the program,coaches & administration from the continues slander by individuals who have no info on what is really happening @ this time with in the football program.

I will start with Coach Stanley...this is the best football coach n Vilonia history and top ten winningest coaches n state history. He put this program on the map from a band school to a football perennial contender in the conference everyyear. He has done this with mediocre talent at best. He has brought respect to this program which was once the  laughing stock of the league. He brought in great coaches with head coaching backgrounds, and some young coaches with college football experience. The program is on the cusp of some great seasons with this staff and some talented players coming up ,who will be coached to be great not just thrown out on the field. 
Which comes to my next point....
I beleive some of you have been misinformed about what took place this year within the program. A meeting was called to discuss this issue and alot of things were put out on the table as to the biggest problem with the program moving foward. There has been an issue with certain coaches ,none of which are on the highschool staff, thinking they can do what they please with no regards to administration or the head coach. This has been evident the last three years and has been destroying the program by not keeping kids interseted after 7th grade. A change was made and and it sent shock waves through the community once they saw this group  accually being coached and the result on the feild. The prove was in the pudding. Now the program can move on once a PERMANANT change is made n the off season to elimanate those trying to make out to b more then they are.

Eagleforlife51

I respect your post but I disagree strongly. There are anywhere from ten to twenty players a year that quit football once they start high school and most quit because of Stanley. As for the 7th grade, my brother plays on that team. For the first five games both teams were running nothing but the pistol, the white team put up 94 points total in those games, because they WEREN'T running the double wing. Now that this so called change has occurred, the 7th grade runs the pistol the first half,  and have to run nothing but doublewing in the second half. Two weeks ago they were fortunate enough to have scored enough points in the first half against Conway to get the win. They didn't score a point in the second half running the doublewing. The junior high coaches asked Stanley permission before they implemented the pistol. Coach Stanley himself told me the high school was going to run the pistol this year. But like I said sense it was out of his comfort zone he didn't stay with it. "best coach in school history" thats possible due to the 2003 team, but "a contender in conference every year" I don't think so. We fight for the fourth seed every single year with a first round loss in the playoffs other than the 2003 and 2007 teams. Vilonia has never finished higher than a fourth seed since the move to the west. A coach has to be willing to make a change. Last year again greenwood, they knew every play we were gonna run just by the way we lined up. "mediocre players" bull crap. You make due with what you have. Looks a greenwood year in and year out. They are always a state title confender. "Destroying the program for the last three years" you are misinformed again. Three years ago, the seniors this year, were playing for a conference title. Last year, the 7th grade teams had the best record in 7th grade history. And with a win on Monday, the 7th grade teams this year wil tie the 7th grade record. As for Stanley contract it clearly states that he is supposed to be a most of the 7th grade and junior high practice during the summer. If he would have been doing his friggin job, he would have known what the junior high, 7th grade,  and peewee teams were running and we would have had this big mess of changing the junior high and 7th grade offenses in the middle of the season. Yes the junior high is on a winning streak right now, but it's not because of Stanley. He's not out there at their practices."permant change in off season" all I can say about that is I hope that doesn't mean the junior high coaching staff will be gone. Stout was the one who brought in a great offensive and defense line coach, and all American and Harding, coach Morris. Stout was the one who brought in the 7th grade coaches who are doing an amazing job with those young men. Give credit where credit is due. 

Jimmymack

Steve Perry, love that song!  And I'm an avid Journey fan!!!

windbox

Great post Eagleforlife51.  Will all the players on the 7th grade team still play in high school?  I would say no for the reasons you stated.  Coach Stout is a great coach.

InYoGrill

Eagle1View, I have kept mostly quiet on this thread for a while in regards to issue with the program and its leadership.  What you wrote is your opinion and everyone has a right to that on here. But for the most part your comments are horsestew! EagleforLife51 a highly respected young man and former player summed my feelings quite nicely by how he responded to your fart spray.

Go Eagles!

onewildeagle

EagleIview  ---- is that you Sellers????    lol - u should have been fired when you couldnt cut it as a principal.  is it true that coach jordon will be in charge of the offense next year?

whats that i hear??? crickets????

DeepCoverage

Who will be held accountable for the 9th graders that will not play their 10th grade year? Will this also be blamed on the Junior High program? Who is held accountable for the kids that did not move up this year.

That was a bad statement about mediocre players, your speaking of a lot of kids of parents that their tax dollars go to the school and donate a lot of time and money to your athletic program

RD™

Locking this until further review.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas