• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Joe T Robinson @ Ozark

Started by RyanLR, November 16, 2018, 09:44:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

toadRyder

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 19, 2018, 03:15:27 pm
No, not nitpicking. I just don't see any other major school offers for these guys except for Z. Williams at the current time.

Don't get me wrong though, ANY offer to play college ball is nice.

Good thing these college offers win football games..

hogfan10

November 19, 2018, 08:48:13 pm #51 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:32:16 pm by hogfan10
Quote from: toadRyder on November 19, 2018, 08:39:39 pm
Good thing these college offers win football games..
42-8 over the last 4 years, I'd say they've won quite a few more than most.

richboy

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 19, 2018, 08:48:13 pm
42-8 over the last 4 years, I'd say they've won quite a few more than most.
but not a title. Noone cares what your record is or was, people care about championships

#1thetruth

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 19, 2018, 03:15:27 pm
No, not nitpicking. I just don't see any other major school offers for these guys except for Z. Williams at the current time.

Don't get me wrong though, ANY offer to play college ball is nice.

sugar Britches!!!! Lol.....
I'm sure rice birds and hillbilly kids would love to have any of those offers....
Army is rank 23.... are they not a BCS team?
Go Badgers!!!!

soccerman

People care about titles? I would rather have coaches help my son with his future and getting into college than win a state championship that people will forget about in 10 years. Especially for some of the kids that may have grown up in a home where they were told they weren't good enough, and then to have coaches step in and say, you are good enough. If my son has a coach like that and doesn't win a state title, I would be happy. Winning state isn't everything and people need to start realizing that. These kids are the future of America and if they see from us that a high school championship is so important and fussing about coaches who don't win one, then the future is doomed

#1thetruth

Quote from: soccerman on November 19, 2018, 10:15:58 pm
People care about titles? I would rather have coaches help my son with his future and getting into college than win a state championship that people will forget about in 10 years. Especially for some of the kids that may have grown up in a home where they were told they weren't good enough, and then to have coaches step in and say, you are good enough. If my son has a coach like that and doesn't win a state title, I would be happy. Winning state isn't everything and people need to start realizing that. These kids are the future of America and if they see from us that a high school championship is so important and fussing about coaches who don't win one, then the future is doomed

If I had to choose..... give me the free college degree.....

richboy

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 19, 2018, 10:28:43 pm
If I had to choose..... give me the free college degree.....
most 4 and 5 star recruits have won a championship

#1thetruth

hogfan10

Quote from: richboy on November 19, 2018, 09:56:13 pm
but not a title. Noone cares what your record is or was, people care about championships
BS, in that case the badgers have only had 4/5 good teams, ever.
How bout back to back conference championships in the toughest conference in 4A?

hogfan10

A little dramatic. Coaches don't get players scholarships, talent does. Coaches can make a positive impact in a young athletes life though.

Trojanbird

Maybe you should stick to soccer then, or perhaps move to Waldron!  I don't know of any kid getting a full ride soccer scholarship in Arkansas.  I did hear that there are some pretty good football coaches in the Waldron/Paris area!  Any kid is good enough to play there! :)

soccerman

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 19, 2018, 11:05:53 pm
A little dramatic. Coaches don't get players scholarships, talent does. Coaches can make a positive impact in a young athletes life though.
So coaches don't get the players exposure to colleges and combines?

soccerman

Quote from: Trojanbird on November 19, 2018, 11:22:53 pm
Maybe you should stick to soccer then, or perhaps move to Waldron!  I don't know of any kid getting a full ride soccer scholarship in Arkansas.  I did hear that there are some pretty good football coaches in the Waldron/Paris area!  Any kid is good enough to play there! :)
Or maybe you could read the forums and see that I actually know what I'm talking about in football, because I grew up around it and played it even in college. And just for your fun, Chris Holmes from Conway got a full ride to UCA for soccer, and there is even a semi pro team in Little Rock that gets the chance to play against pro teams. :)

scrapman

Quote from: soccerman on November 20, 2018, 07:14:41 am
So coaches don't get the players exposure to colleges and combines?
Ahhhhhhh.....some. If you can play they will find you. This may have been more prevalent back before the internet with vhs tapes. Now there are coaches that boast and make it seam like they are the reason the kids get exposure but bottom line is there are no kids that are sleepers,  hidden talent that college coaches don't know about. Combines are primarily money makers like recruiting services. Lots of vultures out there. 

soccerman

Quote from: scrapman on November 20, 2018, 07:36:50 am
Ahhhhhhh.....some. If you can play they will find you. This may have been more prevalent back before the internet with vhs tapes. Now there are coaches that boast and make it seam like they are the reason the kids get exposure but bottom line is there are no kids that are sleepers,  hidden talent that college coaches don't know about. Combines are primarily money makers like recruiting services. Lots of vultures out there.
I agree with you there but I do know many coaches that have taken players to a combine like Sparq and the player did really well and then performed during the season. I also know coaches that go out of their way to make sure a player can make it to a college visit. Social Media now has become, how many posts can I make about getting recruited unfortunately, but that doesn't mean coaches don't help the player

gerber707

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 19, 2018, 10:14:15 pm
sugar Britches!!!! Lol.....
I'm sure rice birds and hillbilly kids would love to have any of those offers....
Army is rank 23.... are they not a BCS team?
Go Badgers!!!!
I'm guessing the jr high at Arkadelphia doesn't allow you to use the internet during school hours?

richboy

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: gerber707 on November 20, 2018, 08:27:41 am
I'm guessing the jr high at Arkadelphia doesn't allow you to use the internet during school hours?
Jr. High? That's giving him a lot of credit. I was thinking middle school at best.

#1thetruth

Quote from: gerber707 on November 20, 2018, 08:27:41 am

Hillbillllllly...SMH..... is that all you GOT???

#1thetruth

Hillbilllllllies 6 - 64 Senators...

Can't wait to see you all @ WMS...... Revenge is a Mother................

gerber707

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 20, 2018, 01:25:47 pm
Hillbillllllly...SMH..... is that all you GOT???
Looks like school let out early today. Congratulations on an early Thanksgiving break.

#1thetruth

Quote from: gerber707 on November 20, 2018, 02:19:55 pm
Looks like school let out early today. Congratulations on an early Thanksgiving break.

GERBER.....
has your mom fed you and change your diaper???? I think the baby need a lil' burping.....

gerber707

November 20, 2018, 08:06:35 pm #72 Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:44:45 am by gerber707
Quote from: #1thetruth on November 20, 2018, 05:49:29 pm
GERBER.....
has your mom fed you and change your diaper???? I think the baby need a lil' burping.....
I'm gonna give up. I can't compete with your intellect. It's obvious you are what we all strive to be. I don't understand why you continue to entertain us imbeciles. I'm gonna get in my safe place now.

RyanLR

Well this thread has gone off the rails lol.

x14113

It's looking like a soaker across the state on game day.

The good news is that it should clear Ozark in time for kickoff.

Safe travels, folks.

RyanLR

Does Ozark play on grass or turf? If it's grass and it rains we're going to lose for sure.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on November 22, 2018, 07:41:10 am
Does Ozark play on grass or turf? If it's grass and it rains we're going to lose for sure.

Turf

Coltfan2005

Hey snowflake, don't blame coaches and fans if your high school has kids that a freaking teacher, a preacher, or his own parents never told the kid he was good enough. And if you are talking about being good enough at athletics, then I guarantee that kid has plenty of people telling him he's good enough. So, if your community has to rely on coaches pumping up kids for their future, then you and everyone in that community is a waste of breathing space. Doesn't matter where your imagination played college ball or how much you THINK you know about football. Bottom line..kids who win state championships remember them a lot longer than 10 years, a community filled with people who rely on coaches to raise their kids is a pathetic community, and if we have to rely on coaches to instill a sense of purpose in our kids then we are doomed.

Trojanbird

#1thetruth

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 22, 2018, 02:08:55 pm
Hey snowflake, don't blame coaches and fans if your high school has kids that a freaking teacher, a preacher, or his own parents never told the kid he was good enough. And if you are talking about being good enough at athletics, then I guarantee that kid has plenty of people telling him he's good enough. So, if your community has to rely on coaches pumping up kids for their future, then you and everyone in that community is a waste of breathing space. Doesn't matter where your imagination played college ball or how much you THINK you know about football. Bottom line..kids who win state championships remember them a lot longer than 10 years, a community filled with people who rely on coaches to raise their kids is a pathetic community, and if we have to rely on coaches to instill a sense of purpose in our kids then we are

Mentality of a Hillbilly...../
What the heck are you talking about dipstick????
State Ring or college.... we have a ring, but I would trade it for a free 4 year degree any day...
Robinson does a great job of getting their kids exposure, it's  a program to envy!!!
If I lived in LR, my kid would be there....... Go Badgers

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Jabali

November 23, 2018, 11:33:44 am #81 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:46:21 pm by Jabali
Pulling for the Ozark-Americans, get em Billies!

Trojanbird

Quote from: Jabali on November 23, 2018, 11:33:44 am
Pulling for the Ozark Americans, get em Billies!
Do you have Non-Americans there in hillbilly land?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

gerber707

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 22, 2018, 04:42:44 pm
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 22, 2018, 02:08:55 pm
Hey snowflake, don't blame coaches and fans if your high school has kids that a freaking teacher, a preacher, or his own parents never told the kid he was good enough. And if you are talking about being good enough at athletics, then I guarantee that kid has plenty of people telling him he's good enough. So, if your community has to rely on coaches pumping up kids for their future, then you and everyone in that community is a waste of breathing space. Doesn't matter where your imagination played college ball or how much you THINK you know about football. Bottom line..kids who win state championships remember them a lot longer than 10 years, a community filled with people who rely on coaches to raise their kids is a pathetic community, and if we have to rely on coaches to instill a sense of purpose in our kids then we are

Mentality of a Hillbilly...../
What the heck are you talking about dipstick????
State Ring or college.... we have a ring, but I would trade it for a free 4 year degree any day...
Robinson does a great job of getting their kids exposure, it's  a program to envy!!!
If I lived in LR, my kid would be there....... Go Badgers
You might wanna wait till you're out of school and have a job and insurance before you start considering having children. Just a suggestion.

gerber707

I forgot, if you message me I would be more than happy to walk you through the quote feature.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: gerber707 on November 23, 2018, 01:43:00 pm
I forgot, if you message me I would be more than happy to walk you through the quote feature.
+1

#1thetruth

Robinson...... put these backwoods hillbillies in their place!!!!!! I heard they had freaking freshmen on the field. 7-4A is stout!!?

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-7
Ozark-0
Mekel Kentle 1 yard keeper
7:25 1st Quarter

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-14
Ozark-0
Tackett to James 16 yards
2:15 1st Quarter

RyanLR

Two three and outs for Ozark, two long TD drives for Robinson.

RyanLR

End of the first, Ozark threatening with a nice drive here.

RyanLR

Bad snap and Ozark turns it over on downs at the 36.

RyanLR

Robinson takes the ball and Kentle runs it all the way to the 5 yard line on two carries. Three wildcat plays later TD Senators!
Joe T Robinson-21
Ozark-0
Mekel Kentle 1 yard keeper
7:42 2nd Quarter

richboy

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-28
Ozark-0
Tackett to James 26 yards
4:28 2nd Quarter

RyanLR

RyanLR

2:55 left and Ozark kicks a 60 yard punt down to the 26. Senators get the ball to start the second half.

RyanLR

Tackett throws a pick and Ozark has it in Senator territory. First real mistake for Robinson.

RyanLR

Zach Williams with a big sack on 4th down. Senators take over. 1:32 left in the half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas