• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne travels to the Ozarks to visit the Goblins

Started by Go Postal, November 09, 2018, 11:27:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Wynne @ Harrison
This is the current season of both teams
Wynne Yellowjackets7-4-0 (5-2)
08-24   OPEN      
08-31   Marion   L, 23 - 24 (1OT)   
09-07   Arkadelphia   W, 35 - 28   
09-14   at West Memphis   L, 0 - 21   
09-21   at Blytheville   L, 7 - 37   
09-28   Greene County Tech   W, 31 - 13
10-05   at Valley View   W, 28 - 7   
10-12   Batesville   L, 31 - 45   
10-19   at Paragould   W, 35 - 0   
10-26   Forrest City   W, 35 - 34 (1OT)   
11-02   at Nettleton   W, 27 - 7   
11-09   vs. Camden Fairview   W, 10 - 6

Harrison Golden Goblins11-0-0 (7-0)
08-24   Pea Ridge   W, 45 - 14   
08-31   Mountain Home   W, 56 - 7   
09-07   at Siloam Springs   W, 42 - 7   
09-14   OPEN      
09-21   at Morrilton   W, 21 - 9   
09-28   Clarksville   W, 42 - 7   
10-05   Vilonia   W, 62 - 6   
10-12   at Greenbrier   W, 40 - 7   
10-19   at Alma   W, 31 - 0   
10-26   Huntsville   W, 56 - 14
11-02   at Farmington   W, 35 - 6   
11-09   vs. White Hall   W, 49 - 7   

Thoughts and insights are welcomed...

Ponca

Harrison another mercy rule. Won't be close. I think Harrison played a better team tonight.

JacketFan

Quote from: Ponca on November 09, 2018, 11:30:38 pm
Harrison another mercy rule. Won't be close. I think Harrison played a better team tonight.
Great wins tonite by both teams, good luck next week to the Jackets and Gobs

the voice

JacketFan

the voice

Yes we both have long trips , long drives not excited about the drive

JacketFan

Quote from: the voice on November 10, 2018, 11:20:18 am
Yes we both have long trips , long drives not excited about the drive
Go early and hangout with tailgaters, everyone will treat you like family at Blytheville.  They really get a bad rap, a lot of good people there that has that program moving in the right direction.  I myself will be hanging out in Branson all weekend, going up early Friday to get Postal parking spot at Goblin stadium.   ;D ;D ;D

Go Postal

Team Recap from the game with White Hall on the link below.
Offense did great.  Remember the Goblins had 5 different players score TDs that night plus 2 more TDs from 2 of those 5.  You double up on one or two of them, it leaves the others free to make yardage.
Defense was outstanding.  The Bulldogs started moving down the field on their opening drive and doing real good, then the GOBS defense got the fumble recovery to give our offense the ball to score their 1st TD.  It was a shame that Huskey's 90 yd Kickoff Return TD had to be called back because of a penalty.

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=561d4bbe-ed06-4650-bfdb-6d098cbdf205

Good luck to Wynn this next Friday.

Rick Swines

Go Postal

The Yellow Jackets bring the Goblins their secret recipe.

Go Postal

Stats for both teams.

Wynne  8-4  PF 272  PA 228
Quick Stats
Receiving Yards Per Game   26.9
Rushing Yards Per Game   249.3
Total TDs   21
Tackles Per Game   55.2
Sacks   2.0
Interceptions   10

Harrison  11-0  PA 479  PA 84
Quick Stats
Receiving Yards Per Game   159.1
Rushing Yards Per Game   267.9
Total TDs   60
Tackles Per Game   61.4
Sacks   18.0
Interceptions   15

It looks like both team's rushing yardage per game is similar but Harrison's passing yardage per game is more.  Will that be enough to help the Goblins tilt into the positive side for the win or will the Yellowjackets defense turn the tide and shut down that phase of Harrison's offense?  Time will tell...

Go Postal

Yellowjackets practice on ways to slow down Huskey and the Goblins

Go Postal

Yellowjacket fans reaction after seeing
Huskey and the Goblins in action

JacketFan

Go Postal

Yellowjackets can't wait to get past the Goblins so that they can put the smackdown on some Bruins.

JacketFan

Taking it one game at a time.  Postal, when is the last time Wynne played Harrison?  I thought they use to play regularly in the late 80's and early 90's didn't they?

Yellowcake

This will be a bit of a skull dragging.
Gobs by 14 or more.

Go Postal

Go Postal

One of the Goblin kickers getting ready for upcoming game

Sasquatch71

I don't know.  Harrison is pretty slow and nonathletic.  Just ask White Hall... Harrison by 28. 

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: Go Postal on November 11, 2018, 07:20:49 pm
Yellowjacket fans reaction after seeing
Huskey and the Goblins in action

I hear this Husky kid is the real deal, I've not seen him in action yet,I'll be shocked if he's better than Hicks was last season.

the voice

Different type player all together.  What became of him ? 

Reddington

Huskey and Hicks are two different styles. Hicks has some finesse but his power was overwhelming for a lot of kids. Huskey has a lot of speed and can run downhill or side to side. I'm not sure you can say one is better than the other though. I'd sure take either one on my team.

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: Reddington on November 12, 2018, 03:29:10 pm
Huskey and Hicks are two different styles. Hicks has some finesse but his power was overwhelming for a lot of kids. Huskey has a lot of speed and can run downhill or side to side. I'm not sure you can say one is better than the other though. I'd sure take either one on my team.
So he's more like Jaren Watkins from PA I'm guessing.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: Go Postal on November 11, 2018, 11:56:02 pm
One of the Goblin kickers getting ready for upcoming game

My goodness, one kicker is named Max Payne and the one pictured here is an Adonis. If the rest of the team is as swoll as the kicker, the rest of 5A is in trouble.

je100

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 12, 2018, 04:03:03 pm
So he's more like Jaren Watkins from PA I'm guessing.

Jaren's quite a bit quicker.  Husky is about 30 lbs heaver and a little stronger runner.

Lumberjackfan1978

Long ride for Wynne even longer ride home after the beat down they receive from the Goblins. Goblins by 30

Go Postal

Yellowjackets offense wanna put the sting on the GOBS

Goblins defense wanna put the smackdown on the Jackets

the voice

Quote from: je100 on November 12, 2018, 04:55:07 pm
Jaren's quite a bit quicker.  Husky is about 30 lbs heaver and a little stronger runner.

Quite a bit quicker ????  I'd make a bet on that !! Just saying, not knocking jaren but simply amazed at the statement.  Not very many people run away from the Criswells in the secondary at Morrilton.

je100

Quote from: the voice on November 12, 2018, 10:04:17 pm
Quite a bit quicker ????  I'd make a bet on that !! Just saying, not knocking jaren but simply amazed at the statement.  Not very many people run away from the Criswells in the secondary at Morrilton.

I guess when I use the word quick, I'm describing that burst out of cuts.  Jaren is a little more explosive in that first two or three yards.  Husky does have great top speed.  Not sure if he's faster than Jaren or not at the top end.  Be fun to watch that race!

Go Postal

I heard a rumour that our defense is faster due to the fact that they have to go against him in practice.

But Huskey is fast.  He had to learn at a young age to stay ahead of his older brothers.

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 12, 2018, 09:57:03 pm
Yellowjackets offense wanna put the sting on the GOBS

Goblins defense wanna put the smackdown on the Jackets

These are the best part of Harrison making a playoff run!

Go Postal

Huskey has been practicing hard to push through obstacles.

Grond

Go Postal, you are nothing if not entertaining... :D :D :D

the voice

Go Postal

Quote from: Grond on November 13, 2018, 05:13:04 pm
Go Postal, you are nothing if not entertaining... :D :D :D
Thanks, but this old 61 year old just got a video game to download on his PS4 tonight.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: Go Postal on November 13, 2018, 07:01:43 pm
Thanks, but this old 61 year old just got a video game to download on his PS4 tonight.

What?? You're not playing Red Dead 2?

Let me know how the new Fallout is. I'm considering picking it up.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Go Postal on November 13, 2018, 04:05:03 pm
Huskey has been practicing hard to push through obstacles.

Postal got jokes!! This is of course a jab at our D, and yes I laughed out loud at work when I saw this. Good one. I'm looking foreward to the game.. I know our boys are too.. GO JACKETS

Grond

Quote from: the voice on November 13, 2018, 05:56:06 pm
Hey Grond , , how bout those weevils ??!

Yeah, that was tough. But I have to give UAM credit: they made the plays that they needed, to win the game.

NOTE: The University of Arkansas at Monticello beat Southern Arkansas University on a last second field goal: 20-17. The win knocked SAU out of the NCAA D2 playoffs, although they still are going to a bowl game. UAM had its first winning season in 10 years, and is going to a bowl game for the first time in 25 years.

My oldest son is a starting o-lineman at SAU, so I am disappointed at the loss. But I am from southeast Arkansas originally, and have been to the UAM campus many times. Glad to see UAM have some success. Just wish it had been against Harding..... :'(

Go Postal

Youngsta71701

Gotta go with the Harrison Goblins in this one. Halloween in November.

Go Postal

A lot of people have been talking about how good Harrison's offense is this year and that is true but the real secret to Harrison's success this year has been it's defense.  They have been so quick to the ball this year and I think that this is what at least 11 Quarterbacks and other players touching the ball, see in their nightmares from facing the Goblin defense...

JacketFan

Looks like Harrison is already making plans to go to PA on Nov 23rd.  Got this off there Twitter page

Harrison Goblins Retweeted

Students we are planning on being in the football semifinals next Friday, Nov. 23. If the game is away it will be held at Pulaski Academy. So, we are starting a sign up sheet for a pep bus in the office. Please sign up ASAP so we can plan accordingly. #GoGobs #

Come on Jackets, lets ruin these plans.

Greyhands

Quote from: JacketFan on November 14, 2018, 10:44:19 pm
Looks like Harrison is already making plans to go to PA on Nov 23rd.  Got this off there Twitter page

Harrison Goblins Retweeted

Students we are planning on being in the football semifinals next Friday, Nov. 23. If the game is away it will be held at Pulaski Academy. So, we are starting a sign up sheet for a pep bus in the office. Please sign up ASAP so we can plan accordingly. #GoGobs #

Come on Jackets, lets ruin these plans.

I can tell you what that is and its not what you think.

Next week the kids are out of school for Thanksgiving break a booster wanted to rent some buses if we ended up playing in Little Rock for the kids the next week. But since the kids are out of school getting them signed up next week was going to be harder so they tried to get a list while the kids are in school this week so the school and the booster would have an idea of how many buses they would need.

Trust me the players , coaches and fans are not overlooking Wynne.

MDXPHD

I like the confidence.

Where are all of the Wynne fans who criticize Paschal all of the time? They've been quiet the last few weeks.

the voice

November 15, 2018, 09:20:08 am #45 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:13:10 am by the voice
Quote from: Grond on November 14, 2018, 11:08:43 am
Yeah, that was tough. But I have to give UAM credit: they made the plays that they needed, to win the game.

NOTE: The University of Arkansas at Monticello beat Southern Arkansas University on a last second field goal: 20-17. The win knocked SAU out of the NCAA D2 playoffs, although they still are going to a bowl game. UAM had its first winning season in 10 years, and is going to a bowl game for the first time in 25 years.

My oldest son is a starting o-lineman at SAU, so I am disappointed at the loss. But I am from southeast Arkansas originally, and have been to the UAM campus many times. Glad to see UAM have some success. Just wish it had been against Harding..... :'(
My son plays for UAM, he's a redshirt freshman, he played in every  game and got one start this year. He plays center.

Go Postal

Quote from: Go Postal on November 14, 2018, 09:56:22 pm
A lot of people have been talking about how good Harrison's offense is this year and that is true but the real secret to Harrison's success this year has been it's defense.  They have been so quick to the ball this year and I think that this is what at least 11 Quarterbacks and other players touching the ball, see in their nightmares from facing the Goblin defense...

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

Number 70, Vanderpool.  You see him or one of the other defender coming for you in the back field behind the line of scrimmage, Good Luck.  You'll need it.

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 15, 2018, 10:47:28 am

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

Number 70, Vanderpool.  You see him or one of the other defender coming for you in the back field behind the line of scrimmage, Good Luck.  You'll need it.

Time for a screen or draw  ;D

Go Postal

November 15, 2018, 10:57:55 am #48 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:59:54 am by Go Postal
That's when the 4 middle linebackers get to work.  Like was said in the season, this defense is fast.  Even #70.

Go Postal

The paper had a good write up about the Yellowjackets.  This should be a very entertaining game.  Good luck to both teams tonight.

GOBLINS ARE ON A MISSION ONE GAME AT A TIME.  GO GOBS!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas