• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHG vs JC

Started by HG Hornet, August 19, 2018, 04:11:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HG Hornet

August 19, 2018, 04:11:16 pm Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 04:51:12 pm by CHG Hornet
What do you 3A guys think?  We lost a ton of talent, but there's still a lot of talented Hornets buzzing around the Grove.  I think we can win this game.  I say CHG by 8-.

dragondad

WHITEchicken

Jc by as many as they want. Haha

dragondad

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 20, 2018, 10:23:39 am
Jc by as many as they want. Haha

We just want 1,  anything more is a bonus.

HG Hornet

Quote from: dragondad on August 20, 2018, 10:59:06 pm
We just want 1,  anything more is a bonus.
If all yall want is 1 point, we should be able to cover that.  :)

dragondad

Quote from: CHG Hornet on August 21, 2018, 11:47:51 am
If all yall want is 1 point, we should be able to cover that.  :)

Guess you dont read from the beginning.  He said JC by as many as they want.....  I said all we want is 1, as in win by 1.  Anything more is a bonus.

You might cover it on a bet, but that wont win a game.

HG Hornet

Quote from: dragondad on August 21, 2018, 11:55:04 pm
Guess you dont read from the beginning.  He said JC by as many as they want.....  I said all we want is 1, as in win by 1.  Anything more is a bonus.

You might cover it on a bet, but that wont win a game.
I know what you meant.....just trying to make a funny.  See you guys Friday.

dragondad

Quote from: CHG Hornet on August 22, 2018, 06:55:03 am
I know what you meant.....just trying to make a funny.  See you guys Friday.

It should be a good one, regardless of who wins

HG Hornet

August 22, 2018, 02:50:05 pm #8 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:58:56 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: dragondad on August 22, 2018, 01:19:27 pm
It should be a good one, regardless of who wins
Yes.  I looked up the recent history between these two teams.  They last played a real game that counted in 2007; CHG last beat JC in 2006 by a score of 7-6.  Our guys felt good about last year's scrimmage and this year's team is pretty talented.......we'll see how they fair against your Dragons. 

I went to the Bearden game last year at JC.  I really like how you all have the big photos of the seniors there for everyone to see.  We do that, but only for the girls on the court during the Homecoming game.  I wish we did that for the players.       

The Beast Of 08

This Grove team lost a good group of seniors from last year. However, there is still a ton of talent as far as skill players go. With that said, I have no idea how this game is going to go.

bleudog

August 23, 2018, 07:31:23 am #10 Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:17:07 pm by bleudog
Quote from: CHG Hornet on August 22, 2018, 02:50:05 pm
Yes.  I looked up the recent history between these two teams.  They last played a real game that counted in 2007; CHG last beat JC in 2006 by a score of 7-6.  Our guys felt good about last year's scrimmage and this year's team is pretty talented.......we'll see how they fair against your Dragons. 

I went to the Bearden game last year at JC.  I really like how you all have the big photos of the seniors there for everyone to see.  We do that, but only for the girls on the court during the Homecoming game.  I wish we did that for the players.       

2006, the who has the first down game?

To correct what I posted earlier, here's a post about the 2006 game (my 10th FF post):

Quote from: bleudog on September 16, 2006, 12:02:40 am
JC stops Harmony Grove on FOURTH down late in the fourth quarter.  Ref signals first down Junction and the Harmony Grove chain gang moves the chains based on that call.  Then ref looks over after chains have been moved and decides to measure.  Takes the ball half way to the sideline rather than bringing the chains to the middle of the field where the play happened.  Remember, the chains have already been moved to give a JC first down.  Guess what,  since the chains have been moved back half a yard, first down Harmony Grove.         

JC defense played a great game.  Harmony Grove had first and goal inside the five on two different series and could not punch it in.  Junction D gave up one big pass play.

Credit to Harmony Grove.  They never gave Junction the chance to bust the big run.  Junction's long pass to the end zone was batted up in the air and intercepted by HG.   

It's a shame the refs call late in the game put a sour note on such a hard fought game.     

Oh well.  JC lost two games that year.  Each game was a one point loss.  The one in WMS hurt more than the OOC one.

Hope for a good game Friday.  May both teams win their last game in 2018,

HG Hornet

Quote from: bleudog on August 23, 2018, 07:31:23 am
May both teams win their last game in 2018,
I'll agree with that.  Sounds good.

Hgalum50

Quote from: bleudog on August 23, 2018, 07:31:23 am
2006, the credit card game.

JC converts a fourth down in the red zone.  Chains are moved.  Somebody asks for a measurement.  Measurement is allowed.  Chains are magically reset and after the measurement ball goes back to CHG on downs on the narrowest of margins.

Oh well.  JC lost two games that year.  Each game was a one point loss.  The one in WMS hurt more than the OOC one.

Hope for a good game Friday.  May both teams win their last game in 2018,
I remember that game like it was yesterday. My cousin played Tackle for the Grove that year.

bleudog

August 23, 2018, 09:48:06 am #13 Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 09:52:53 am by bleudog
Quote from: Hgalum50 on August 23, 2018, 09:38:27 am
I remember that game like it was yesterday. My cousin played Tackle for the Grove that year.

50, it was a hard fought game. 

I went back and found my original post about the measurement fiasco.  I was off on who had the ball so I copied that 2006 post over.

I still stand by my best wishes for both teams.

What was the HG kid's name who played QB for HG in the early 2000's.  Smaller kid but he was good.  Seemed like he must have played for six years.   ;D

Hgalum50

Quote from: bleudog on August 23, 2018, 09:48:06 am

I went back and found my original post about the measurement fiasco.  I was off on who had the ball so I copied that 2006 post over.

What was the HG kid's name who played QB for HG in the early 2000's.  Smaller kid but he was good.  Seemed like he must have played for six years.   ;D
That year I believe it was Ben Beasley, but you are prob talking about Mason Stone

bleudog

Quote from: Hgalum50 on August 23, 2018, 10:17:09 am
That year I believe it was Ben Beasley, but you are prob talking about Mason Stone

Stone was the name I was thinking about.  Thanks.

bleudog

August 23, 2018, 10:43:08 am #16 Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 10:45:43 am by bleudog
For any CHG folks making the trip Friday, there have been a few upgrades since 2007.

The visitors stands, lighting, ticket booth, concession stand, PA system, rest rooms, press box. railing, sidewalks between stands and parking are all different now.

There was a lot of work done on the field over the summer but this will be the first real game to test that.

Bring a lot of folks down to the border and buy a lot of food.  Woodlawn and Hermitage did a number on JC's number of home games this year.

HG Hornet

Quote from: bleudog on August 23, 2018, 10:43:08 am
For any CHG folks making the trip Friday, there have been a few upgrades since 2007.
  Woodlawn and Hermitage did a number on JC's number of home games this year.
Your facilities are very nice now and we understand about the missing home games, except Woodlawn did come play us last year before they folded their tents on the remainder of the season. 

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: bleudog on August 23, 2018, 09:48:06 am

That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen...but I cheered like crazy when the made it lol. And Mason Stone was the QB during that time. I believe he started for 3 years.

bleudog

August 23, 2018, 03:15:36 pm #19 Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:28:29 pm by bleudog
Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on August 23, 2018, 02:44:49 pm
That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen...but I cheered like crazy when the made it lol. And Mason Stone was the QB during that time. I believe he started for 3 years.

The JC side was making noise too but I wouldn't call it cheering.   ;)

I didn't know how to link newspaper articles in '06, but here's how Rod wrote it up the next day.

CLICK HERE

I knew a credit card came into play some how.  ;D

HG Hornet

Getting ready to head south.  I may be completely wrong, but I still say that CHG could surprise the Dragons tonight.  I'm going with a close one score Hornets win.

The Beast Of 08

Is this a 7:00 kickoff?

eldofan

bleudog

CHGH, if you plan on eating in El Dorado be aware there's a Rascal Flatts concert at MAD tonight.

The Beast Of 08

HG Hornet

Proud of my guys tonight. 

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: CHG Hornet on August 24, 2018, 04:48:00 pm
Getting ready to head south.  I may be completely wrong, but I still say that CHG could surprise the Dragons tonight.  I'm going with a close one score Hornets win.

Steady wins the race, well almost. HG could have packed up early, but came back and almost got it done. See you in the Grove next Friday. Bearden has it's problems, but the Bears D backs are better than they have been in years. We will need that to compete against your talented receivers.

WHITEchicken

I guess 2 is all they wanted.

The Beast Of 08

This might have been the most exciting high school football game I've seen.

HG Hornet

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 25, 2018, 08:06:16 am
I guess 2 is all they wanted.
It was all they needed. 

We gave them a game, though.  They showed us they're gonna win some games this year in our return to 3A. 

WHITEchicken

Just a disclaimer. The as many as they want thing is an inside joke on here for you newcomers. Wish I could have made it to the game. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year except when the play Smackover.

HG Hornet

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 25, 2018, 09:06:16 am
Just a disclaimer. The as many as they want thing is an inside joke on here for you newcomers. Wish I could have made it to the game. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year except when the play Smackover.
Yeah I knew that about the "as many as you want" thing, but it is usually associated with what is expected to be a blowout game.  I had a feeling that we would show up last night, then it looked like we didn't, but then we did.  CHG plays Smackover late in the season, then hosts Prescott.  We have a long time until late October.  See ya then.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas