• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2 6AA going to be Tough

Started by Lions84, May 01, 2018, 10:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

Big baby, I didn't get to go to the kickoff last week...how are we on numbers.  Looked good from the pics and the increased size is awesome.

CaptainSwarm25

August 20, 2018, 01:25:16 am #201 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:27:57 am by CaptainSwarm25
Officially game week for us guys! Pray that everyone has a safe and fun year of football! Let's bring the trophy back to the 2A-6😤👍🏼 Also Dogg, I remember watching Gerry's highlights from last year and there was a WR that made up for a ton of his errant throws especially around the end zone. Any possibility he's still on the team? Don't know his number but he would sure be a fun player to watch more of.

big E

Quote from: MomaLion on August 20, 2018, 12:29:27 am
Big E, i've been wondering how y'all are going to host the bigger 3A teams with those dinky visitor bleachers y'all have.  Not throwing shade, just trying to figure it out.
That question has been asked ever since it was put on that spot. Nothing permanent can go over there , has line ,sewer line , and Highway right of way hinders anything permanent,  so My guess and it's only a guess because I dont know is they'll just bring in more portable bleachers . There's 8 more sets at the Baseball park there easy to move ,just load them up on a trailer and move them over. Hopefully in the next 5 years everything will be at the new campus and we will have more room. That's the plan anyway.

Dogg

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on August 20, 2018, 01:25:16 am
Officially game week for us guys! Pray that everyone has a safe and fun year of football! Let's bring the trophy back to the 2A-6😤👍🏼 Also Dogg, I remember watching Gerry's highlights from last year and there was a WR that made up for a ton of his errant throws especially around the end zone. Any possibility he's still on the team? Don't know his number but he would sure be a fun player to watch more of.
All four of them are still around. They weren't errant throws. Coleman has a philosohy " throw it up and we will out athlete the other team"

CaptainSwarm25

Good deal! He deserves a chance at the next level with that athleticism.

Lions84

Safe travels and safe seasons for the 6AA

i40traveler

Week 0 predictions

Des Arc 42 England 14

Hazen 21 Cross County 20

6 will be undefeated going into week 1

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: i40traveler on August 20, 2018, 03:29:32 pm
Week 0 predictions

Des Arc 42 England 14

Hazen 21 Cross County 20

6 will be undefeated going into week 1

swap des arc with hazen, and England with c.c. and you will have the scores

CaptainSwarm25

That's kinda what I was thinking 😂 no way Cross County keeps us in a one point game

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on August 20, 2018, 08:46:25 pm
That's kinda what I was thinking 😂 no way Cross County keeps us in a one point game

Not unless they have a completely different team than we scrimmaged.

big E

Hornets should roll against the t-birds. Toll and Penn should have huge nights .

i40traveler

I just think DA is a little better than Hazen and CC played DA close soooo

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: i40traveler on August 20, 2018, 08:57:21 pm

No. Cc didnt play des arc close when the starters on  2nd teamers were playing.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on August 20, 2018, 05:46:39 am
That question has been asked ever since it was put on that spot. Nothing permanent can go over there , has line ,sewer line , and Highway right of way hinders anything permanent,  so My guess and it's only a guess because I dont know is they'll just bring in more portable bleachers . There's 8 more sets at the Baseball park there easy to move ,just load them up on a trailer and move them over. Hopefully in the next 5 years everything will be at the new campus and we will have more room. That's the plan anyway.

Sounds good.  I was just wondering how that was gonna work out.

CaptainSwarm25

If we do struggle against Cross County it might send our little town into a panic. I don't see our boys being outplayed on any facet of the game this week. Then again I could be wrong. I'm almost certain I'm not on this one.

MomaLion

MomaLion

Ready to watch my Lions tonight scrimmage JA Fair.

da greatest bigbaby

They look pretty good moma were primed up for a good season.  Go lions whip 5a LR fair

Bigboyodell

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on August 21, 2018, 08:23:28 am
They look pretty good moma were primed up for a good season.  Go lions whip 5a LR fair
its no need to get to pump up its JA Fair they may be 5A but they are better fit for the 8 man football.... ;D ;D

Lions84

MomaLion

Quote from: Bigboyodell on August 21, 2018, 08:57:11 am
its no need to get to pump up its JA Fair they may be 5A but they are better fit for the 8 man football.... ;D ;D

Well, they have more bodies and that counts down the stretch.  I think it was Fair 14 Lions 6.  Lions had very few penalties so that is a huge improvement...however, we need to watch those bad snaps and receivers have to learn to JUMP for the ball.  I was very impressed with our running backs.  I think they'll be fine. 
I did see far too many kids in the stands that would be an asset on the field.

Coach95

How did Carlisle's scrimmage go with Bald Knob?

Pit Bull

Hmmm, the Lions got beat by JA Fair and someone was talking about them winning the conference earlier? "JA Fair?" Really, that the slawest team in Football...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Coach95 on August 22, 2018, 06:28:18 am
How did Carlisle's scrimmage go with Bald Knob?

saw where they lost 14-7

Old Scrapper

Quote from: i40traveler on August 20, 2018, 08:57:21 pm
Friday 10/5/18 will tell if your thinking is correct about who is a little better.

da greatest bigbaby

It was like 14-7 5a LR fair scored on the 2nd team but who said 5a LR fair was 8 on 8 material lol they would get 2 or 3rd in any 2a conference maybe 1st in a few but their much improved this year now they want win any conference championships in football 5a maybe hoops tho  but we're 2a they had the depth  size an speed to compete with us o well we got 6 days of practice before we manhandle  3a Palestine/ Wheatley an the 2a conference go lions

i40traveler

JA FAIR. Really?  You should be ashamed.

Bigboyodell

JA Fair come on now it sounds like lions in big trouble this year they just may lose to Marvell-Elaine this year.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigboyodell on August 22, 2018, 11:31:40 am
JA Fair come on now it sounds like lions in big trouble this year they just may lose to Marvell-Elaine this year.
Quote from: i40traveler on August 22, 2018, 10:55:11 am

come now, yall  know j.a. fair are contenders......

Dogg

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on August 22, 2018, 10:52:40 am
It was like 14-7 5a LR fair scored on the 2nd team but who said 5a LR fair was 8 on 8 material lol they would get 2 or 3rd in any 2a conference maybe 1st in a few but their much improved this year now they want win any conference championships in football 5a maybe hoops tho  but we're 2a they had the depth  size an speed to compete with us o well we got 6 days of practice before we manhandle  3a Palestine/ Wheatley an the 2a conference go lions
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

da greatest bigbaby

August 22, 2018, 02:10:33 pm #230 Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:17:30 am by da greatest bigbaby
Don't think we will lose to 2a Marvell , Brinkley ,marrianna. Carlisle, Palestine Wheatley, an Des arc anytime soon did you see Des arc vs England on channel 38 Des arc an that flexbone an sweeps wont happen with our speed like last year our de is to athletic 6'2 190 cam  lol I figured yaw would wanna pound it pick lol our backs are better also they didn't  get going need a lil more contact as always

CaptainSwarm25

6'2 190 is not a good size for a DE big Baby. Now WR yes but DE no. Y'all need to feed them boys something.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on August 22, 2018, 03:31:22 pm
6'2 190 is not a good size for a DE big Baby. Now WR yes but DE no. Y'all need to feed them boys something.

he wont get by our 6'3" 240 tight end.

RiverEagle079

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 22, 2018, 03:47:17 pm
he wont get by our 6'3" 240 tight end.
And going to be hard to do anything when you have to triple team the nose guard (6'6 290) for him not to get in the back field

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 22, 2018, 04:43:40 pm
And going to be hard to do anything when you have to triple team the nose guard (6'6 290) for him not to get in the back field

i was keeping the little guy a secret...

RiverEagle079

If anyone watched the game they seen it and not to mention the commentators wouldn't shut up about it

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 22, 2018, 04:51:37 pm
If anyone watched the game they seen it and not to mention the commentators wouldn't shut up about it

clarendon doesn't have access to tv. ;D

RiverEagle079

CaptainSwarm25

We don't have anyone over 6' hoping for some transfers once conference starts;))

big E

Hey guys yall say a prayer for one of our Patriots,  Hunter Miller lost his brother today. He's a great kid that just can't catch many breaks with his family.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on August 22, 2018, 07:07:54 pm
Hey guys yall say a prayer for one of our Patriots,  Hunter Miller lost his brother today. He's a great kid that just can't catch many breaks with his family.

Done

RiverEagle079

Done

MomaLion

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 22, 2018, 09:00:56 am
Hmmm, the Lions got beat by JA Fair and someone was talking about them winning the conference earlier? "JA Fair?" Really, that the slawest team in Football...

They were slow lol but when you aren't blocking, runners get down the field.  Our qb threw an interception but had the clarity to then run him down so there were good and bad as there is with any scrimmage.  Overall I think we will be just fine.

MomaLion

Quote from: i40traveler on August 22, 2018, 10:55:11 am

If you weren't there, your opinion counts for nothing.  I agree we SHOULD have won but it was a scrimmage and obviously coach was trying different things and tweaking as he went.  Had our O line blocked for our running backs, we'd have a very different score.  My Lions will be fine in the end.

MomaLion

Quote from: Bigboyodell on August 22, 2018, 11:31:40 am
Not a chance.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 22, 2018, 04:56:44 pm
clarendon doesn't have access to tv. ;D

Why do you have to sound so ignorant pick?  You know our guys are long and lean and very athletic.  We've never claimed to have the biggest guys, although we do have more size this year.

MomaLion

Prayers for him, his family and the school.  That's a huge blow for anyone and definitely hard on a kid.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on August 23, 2018, 12:02:05 am
Why do you have to sound so ignorant pick?  You know our guys are long and lean and very athletic.  We've never claimed to have the biggest guys, although we do have more size this year.

Why do you have to be so.......well I will stop with that sentence.

It was a joke you big dummy, in my best fred Sanford voice. Geez

big E

I like it when you use your fred Sanford voice , I'm still wondering where that line that averaged 270 was ? Did they leave them in Clarendon?

da greatest bigbaby

August 23, 2018, 03:16:53 pm #249 Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:46:20 am by da greatest bigbaby
I'm sure we will get the  contact we need to get started when Palestine/ Wheatley  comes to town next week rite big e  yaw bring your A game ok lol we welcome all good early competition need it before conference play starts with Brinkley we plan on manhandle'n the 2a-6 just ask des arc , Carlisle,   lol we have a small squad again but yaw will noo were in route again by the score pick lol maybe we  can start early with pw ,  england , or mccrory didn't seem to have got it started with 5a LR fair I'm sure who ever was across from us in the trenches @ LR fair was bring'n it every play rite moma they may have still been in the gym kinda I'm assuming lol playing down to the competition back fires sometimes lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas