• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Photos! Arkadelphia vs Warren

Started by Rhonda Elizabeth, December 10, 2017, 12:21:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonda Elizabeth

Arkadelphia vs Warren
28-27
4A State Championship Game
December 9, 2017

Almost in the end zone ...

... touchdown!

It was so windy the ball had to be held ... kept falling over.

It was windy ...

Touchdown!

Admittedly not a shot I'd normally post, but this one was interesting to me.
It shows the moment the center snaps the ball and it leaves his hand.
Don't think I've ever captured that before, so I posted it ...

This is the last game shot I took ... the game was nearly over ... Arkadelphia was leading 28-27 and Warren was driving to the goal line.
I'm not sure what happened next because someone stepped in front of me (I'm short and that happens alot).  When my line of sight cleared,
things became strange ...

I saw a young man walk out onto the field ... he was pointing and an official approached him.  I thought he was a trainer or assistant coach ...
Something different was happening, so I started taking photos again.

Then out of the blue he's tackled by police ...

And is eventually removed from the field.  It became obvious at that point that he was not supposed to be there.  I didn't shoot again because
I wasn't in a position to shoot the rest of the game ...

So I took sideline shots ...

Being helped to a bench after the last play of the game ...

And then the game was over.

Burlsworth Award - Wallace Smith - Warren

Burlsworth Award - Seth Wilson - Arkadelphia

MVP - Cannon Turner - Arkadelphia

Y'all enjoy!  These photos are FREE to print/download/share on social media for personal use.  Commercial use is prohibited. Schools and/or booster clubs are welcome to use any shot.  Each photo will appear in a usable size when clicked so choose that larger size to share/download.  It returns to smaller size when clicked a second time.

Large-size copies are available on my website:  https://rhondashotme.smugmug.com/Sports/2017/As-Featured-in-Fearless-Friday/i-zX8RTmS
Questions?  Contact me via e-mail (included in my profile here and on my website).

MR#1

Great photos.

Congrats to both teams, and it's a shame that the game ended as it did. Otherwise, I hope Warren never changes their mascot nor uniforms. The helmets are classic.

AirWarren

Quote from: MR#1 on December 10, 2017, 04:33:13 pm
Great photos.

Congrats to both teams, and it's a shame that the game ended as it did. Otherwise, I hope Warren never changes their mascot nor uniforms. The helmets are classic.

Thanks. We love our axes and mascot. We used to have the Wisconsin W Hemlets. Back in the 90s we had a lumberjack man. With orange helmet. The axes came about again when Hembree took over. He brought them back in 2012 or 2013 I think.

1990's helmet decal

Mid 2000s

Maynard G Krebs

Female police had second best tackle of the game on that idiot that came out on the field.  Best tackle was when Burks punted and then tackled the return man.

Lanny

KASH dba The Lumberjack

How about that catch by #3 in double coverage? I know it was called back but wow that was nice!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas