• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A State Championship - Little Rock Christian vs. Pulaski Academy

Started by MDXPHD, November 23, 2018, 10:05:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I think PA wins and I want PA to win
I think PA wins but I want LRC to win
I think LRC wins and I want LRC to win
I think LRC wins but I want PA to win

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 06:35:34 pm
It's unreal that we still have people pushing "The tooth Fairy left it" narrative. It is grossly unfair to pin this on PA, they are far from the only purveyors of it but it's downright insulting to dismiss it out of hand. It happens and everyone knows it happens. I get a kick out of some posters who say "Name the coach" or "Name one player", what a cowardly slippery response. They know full well that to do so would get the post deleted and the poster banned. It would be like if a poster said they had a credit card and the opposing poster said "Prove it you liar, prove it. Give us the name on the card, card number, security code and expiration date. I dare you, prove it". It happens, everyone knows it happens, there is growing anger across the state and nothing is being done about it. Why is Arkansas so hesitant to deal with it? The answer is quite simple, if you give financial aid to athletes you play in the highest classification! Done, Debate over. If they still win then the public school boosters can't say a thing about it. It has nothing to do with fairness, someone likes things the way they are.
The key is in bold, they like it the way it is because all of the loopholes are being exploited by everyone, so the powers to be are in place to keep it going.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 05:23:59 pm
I keep hearing things like 90%", "Almost all" or "The overwhelming majority" of these kids have been there since 6th grade. Let's go with 90%, that means 10% have not, 10% of 81 players is 8. Forget 8, I'll cut that in half. Adding 4 great players to a team of well coached, hard working kids can turn it from a good to great team. No one has ever claimed they recruited the entire roster. 2 or 3 kids every few years will do just fine. Heck, the difference yesterday was 1 kid.

There are so many logical failings with this argument it's hard to know where to start.

The fact that a kid transfers to P.A. in high school doesn't prove recruiting or wrongdoing.  All of the kids who have done so that I can remember came when their parents moved here from out of state.

Second, your argument assumes that the kid who transfers in in high school is a star player.  In fact, you assume all of them are.  I challenge anyone to name one kid who transferred in in high school who was a star.  I can remember one player who fit that category who was a good player and was a starter, but his dad was an Air Force officer who was transferred to LRAFB.  Is that cheating?

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 08:03:54 pm
I've been at and around P.A. for many years.  I'm not aware of a single player being recruited.

I hate cheaters.  If any poster has evidence that P.A. has recruited a player bring it to me (you don't have to post it) and I'll personally report it to AAA.  I'll post the time and date that I do so.  You can come watch me do it.

Evidence means first hand knowledge.  If your brother told you that a friend told him that P.A. recruits don't bother me.  But if you have a parent who says he was recruited to get his son to P.A. to play football get the information to me.

Financial assistance is a different matter.  I think you're blowing it out of proportion.  Every student at public schools gets financial assistance- in fact, they get a full scholarship.  If P.A. had a large enough endowment to allow every student to attend free would you still have a problem?  If so, why?

Again, I have stopped using PA as an icon when referring to private schools. I have come to appreciate what they have accomplished. PA in and of itself is not the problem, they simply wear the uniform of a much bigger problem. It is not exclusive to Arkansas or even football. It's a hot button topic across the country. Arkansas for whatever reason refuses to deal with it. No one is saying punish anyone, all people are saying is move them up. They are taking the field against public schools with a significant disadvantage. Why not rectify it?

Hogman2018

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 05:06:27 pm
That's what they call a Freudian Slip! "You can't prove" is light years away from "He does not". Bruce Cutler stood on the steps of the United States Federal Court in lower Manhattan in 1987 and boastfully proclaimed "John Gotti is not involved in organized crime, the Government certainly can't prove he is". When told about Cutler's boast Federal Prosecutor Rudy Guliani (Yes, that Rudy Guliani) replied with an emphatic "Yet". I think it's unfair to single out Kelley. I find him to be a decent family man, a great educator and a brilliant football mind. I give his team all the respect in the world, I even consider them the best team in the 5A, in spite of yesterday's outcome but come on, all private schools recruit in some form in some sport. It goes on in every state in the country in every sport. To think it's exclusive to PA is laughable, to deny it goes on is even more laughable.   

Why would any fair person make an accusation without evidence?  You're making the accusation.  If you have proof bring it to me and I'll report it.

You can speculate but speculation is the medium of the uninformed.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 08:20:14 pm
Again, I have stopped using PA as an icon when referring to private schools. I have come to appreciate what they have accomplished. PA in and of itself is not the problem, they simply wear the uniform of a much bigger problem. It is not exclusive to Arkansas or even football. It's a hot button topic across the country. Arkansas for whatever reason refuses to deal with it. No one is saying punish anyone, all people are saying is move them up. They are taking the field against public schools with a significant disadvantage. Why not rectify it?

I agree that privates have advantages.  I agree that P.A. should move up.  My complaint is that you claim that one of the advantages is recruiting.  With regard to PA, you're wrong.

Idindonuffin

It's called playing the system and gaining whatever advantage you can. There are ways of getting around things, and you're not going to advertise it. You're not going to send coaches or employees out to do things that are suspect, but who can complain if school patrons do it? I think people in general see through that fog.

PA Dad

Quote from: IMSwarmed on December 03, 2018, 08:56:59 pm
It's called playing the system and gaining whatever advantage you can. There are ways of getting around things, and you're not going to advertise it. You're not going to send coaches or employees out to do things that are suspect, but who can complain if school patrons do it? I think people in general see through that fog.

I got it.  You have no evidence but you're going to make the accusation anyway.

Pure speculation.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 08:59:55 pm

Pure speculation.

Assuming pure speculation is throwing out quite a large net. Let me give you an example, 2 weeks ago when a LRM player took a cheap shot at a PA kicker, let's use that for my point. Let's say it happened in week 2, the refs threw a flag and the AAA was going to suspend him for the next game. Now the flag stands, an accident is not reason to reverse the call. As far as the suspension, the player goes before the AAA and claims he was looking past the kicker and didn't see the player until it was too late. Lowering his head and bracing for the hit was a subconscious reflex, he had no control. Now every person on that board, in that room and reading this post will say in unison "Give me a flippin break, get out of here". Do they know 100% that he's lying? The only irrefutable positive proof would require everyone to be in his head at the time of the play. That's not possible. My point is that sometimes speculation is pure gossip, sometimes it is spot on.

To me the smoking gun is the financial aid. If it was pure then the aid would be distributed dead even across the board, athletes and non-athletes at the exact same rate. The fact that athletes in various sports get a higher rate of aid, a rate that mimics the sport that any given school excels at, leaves one to question that something is afoot.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 09:35:17 pm
Assuming pure speculation is throwing out quite a large net. Let me give you an example, 2 weeks ago when a LRM player took a cheap shot at a PA kicker, let's use that for my point. Let's say it happened in week 2, the refs threw a flag and the AAA was going to suspend him for the next game. Now the flag stands, an accident is not reason to reverse the call. As far as the suspension, the player goes before the AAA and claims he was looking past the kicker and didn't see the player until it was too late. Lowering his head and bracing for the hit was a subconscious reflex, he had no control. Now every person on that board, in that room and reading this post will say in unison "Give me a flippin break, get out of here". Do they know 100% that he's lying? The only irrefutable positive proof would require everyone to be in his head at the time of the play. That's not possible. My point is that sometimes speculation is pure gossip, sometimes it is spot on.

To me the smoking gun is the financial aid. If it was pure then the aid would be distributed dead even across the board, athletes and non-athletes at the exact same rate. The fact that athletes in various sports get a higher rate of aid, a rate that mimics the sport that any given school excels at, leaves one to question that something is afoot.

Speculation is " conjectural consideration of a matter; conjecture or surmise:
a report based on speculation rather than facts.". How can that be "spot on"?

And your attempt to prove recruiting based on financial aid is laughable.  I posted an analysis of the players at PA about a year ago.  It showed that all but three players on the team had been at PA since grade school.  So you're taking financial aid numbers to prove PA recruited grade school students.  Do you see a small logical failure there?  I know PA coaches are good but identifying talent in grade school is ridiculous.

And then there is the inconvenient fact that PA can't possibly tell a parent whether a player will receive financial assistance or how much assistance if it is given.  That is determined by a third party designated by the AAA.  I know those pesky facts are a problem when you're speculating but you have to deal with them.

As much as P.A. is hated and despised don't you think folks would love to report recruiting by PA?  Why do you think that hasn't happened?  Do you think every parent/student PA has recruited is corrupt and thus wouldn't report it?

Get real.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 09:52:24 pm
Speculation is " conjectural consideration of a matter; conjecture or surmise:
a report based on speculation rather than facts.". How can that be "spot on"?

And your attempt to prove recruiting based on financial aid is laughable.  I posted an analysis of the players at PA about a year ago.  It showed that all but three players on the team had been at PA since grade school.  So you're taking financial aid numbers to prove PA recruited grade school students.  Do you see a small logical failure there?  I know PA coaches are good but identifying talent in grade school is ridiculous.

As much as P.A. is hated and despised don't you think folks would love to report recruiting by PA?  Why do you think that hasn't happened?  Do you think every parent/student PA has recruited is corrupt and thus wouldn't report it?

Get real.

There is a prominent car dealer in Little Rock.

I know he has in fact given money to help fund athletes that need assistance. The monies are given as "gifts" to the school to be done with as they please. And who do they have to report it to? No one. That's the beauty of the private thing. He could write a check to "pa" for a gift to cover the tuition and get a tax write off in the same time.

There are plenty of ways to get it done. Just like kids in park view and central jurisdiction popping up at Joe T Robinson.

As far as proving the car dealer thing. I'm not arguing with anyone. I've done the private vs public thing long enough. Y'all take the baton lol. I just know what I've been told from someone I'm very close to who was married into the family. 

PA Dad

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2018, 10:06:36 pm
There is a prominent car dealer in Little Rock.

I know he has in fact given money to help fund athletes that need assistance. The monies are given as "gifts" to the school to be done with as they please. And who do they have to report it to? No one. That's the beauty of the private thing. He could write a check to "pa" for a gift to cover the tuition and get a tax write off in the same time.

There are plenty of ways to get it done. Just like kids in park view and central jurisdiction popping up at Joe T Robinson.

You are just wrong.  Privates are required to report all assistance given to a student whether they are athletes or not.

You can say that PA ignores that requirement.  But, if you're going to do so, back it up with evidence.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 10:10:40 pm
You are just wrong.  Privates are required to report all assistance given to a student whether they are athletes or not.

You can say that PA ignores that requirement.  But, if you're going to do so, back it up with evidence.

Nope.

I'm an observer in this matter. Lol. Y'all have at it. I know what I know. You know what you know. No sense in making an enemy.

PA Dad

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2018, 10:13:55 pm
Nope.

I'm an observer in this matter. Lol. Y'all have at it. I know what I know. You know what you know. No sense in making an enemy.

We can argue and debate without making enemies.

I understand that folks think I will defend PA regardless.  That's not true.  I really despise cheaters.  If I had evidence that PA is cheating I'd post it here and report them to that AAA.  And if you have evidence that they are cheating I urge you to report it.  Public or private, cheating is unacceptable.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 10:18:54 pm

I understand that folks think I will defend PA regardless.  That's not true.  I really despise cheaters.  If I had evidence that PA is cheating I'd post it here and report them to that AAA.  And if you have evidence that they are cheating I urge you to report it.  Public or private, cheating is unacceptable.

It's fine. I enjoy reading. I've debated this plenty of times.

PA Dad

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2018, 10:19:37 pm
It's fine. I enjoy reading. I've debated this plenty of times.

Lord, haven't we all?  It's an annual topic of discussion.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 10:21:03 pm
Lord, haven't we all?  It's an annual topic of discussion.

I've fought the good fight. Lol.

I'm a proponent of all schools. Public and private. They are the future and I want them to all succeed.

PA Dad

A poster pm'd me with an interesting question.  How does the AAA define recruiting?  I've never looked at the rule so I don't know.  Does anyone have that handy?

I have been asked a number of times by friends if I would recommend PA for their kids.  I've always enthusiastically endorsed PA.  Not because of the football team but because of the quality of the education the students get.  Is that recruiting?  If it is I better change my tune because I've recruited many times.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 10:18:54 pm

And there it is, the opening I needed. Of course we're not enemies, I have much more angry arguments with my daughter, you should hear the crap she calls music, debate is not arguing. The opening allows me to explain what I have done a terrible job of doing so far. My issue is not with PA or privates schools in general. My argument is with the AAA. PA is not cheating, not at all, another school may have but that's not an issue here. The problem is the AAA's total and complete lack of leadership on this issue. It's pathetic, they are spineless and pointless. Fraternities enforce the "Wash your hands after using restroom" sign during beer pong nite than the AAA does any rules, unless your Blytheville. The issue is with the AAA's wild west mentality.

The one thing that no one has ever explained to me is why do they not insist on moving up? If everything they have has been earned by hard work and coaching then why not take it out for a spin? Why not be the best of the best? Look at UCF, they are not content to say "We won the AAC" they say "We want the big boys, we want Alabama". They are confident that their success is justified and second to none. Why would any private school look at the 7A as anything other than a compliment? That I do not get. And don't feed me that 310 enrollment crap, the only number that matters is 81 players. Yet when the public school posters say move them up they are met with resistance, why?

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 10:29:19 pm
A poster pm'd me with an interesting question.  How does the AAA define recruiting?  I've never looked at the rule so I don't know.  Does anyone have that handy?

I have been asked a number of times by friends if I would recommend PA for their kids.  I've always enthusiastically endorsed PA.  Not because of the football team but because of the quality of the education the students get.  Is that recruiting?  If it is I better change my tune because I've recruited many times.

I knew it, PA Dad is the smoking gun. I could tell by looking at him, lol. Trust me, spend 5 minutes with the man and you'll know, when he say's he despises cheaters he's telling the truth. I don't doubt him for a minute.

BTW, That's how I got out of jury duty. I told the clerk I'd be great, I can spot a guilty man just by looking at him.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 10:50:34 pm
And there it is, the opening I needed. Of course we're not enemies, I have much more angry arguments with my daughter, you should hear the crap she calls music, debate is not arguing. The opening allows me to explain what I have done a terrible job of doing so far. My issue is not with PA or privates schools in general. My argument is with the AAA. PA is not cheating, not at all, another school may have but that's not an issue here. The problem is the AAA's total and complete lack of leadership on this issue. It's pathetic, they are spineless and pointless. Fraternities enforce the "Wash your hands after using restroom" sign during beer pong nite than the AAA does any rules, unless your Blytheville. The issue is with the AAA's wild west mentality.

The one thing that no one has ever explained to me is why do they not insist on moving up? If everything they have has been earned by hard work and coaching then why not take it out for a spin? Why not be the best of the best? Look at UCF, they are not content to say "We won the AAC" they say "We want the big boys, we want Alabama". They are confident that their success is justified and second to none. Why would any private school look at the 7A as anything other than a compliment? That I do not get. And don't feed me that 310 enrollment crap, the only number that matters is 81 players. Yet when the public school posters say move them up they are met with resistance, why?

When it comes to moving up I agree with you regarding PA.  They should move up.

And LRCA would probably compete in 6A.

I don't think any other private school could compete at higher classifications.  If our goal is to make the classifications competitive we can't make Conway Christian compete with Bryant.  There has to be some happy medium.

I still favor success based classifications.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 10:55:21 pm
I knew it, PA Dad is the smoking gun. I could tell by looking at him, lol. Trust me, spend 5 minutes with the man and you'll know, when he say's he despises cheaters he's telling the truth. I don't doubt him for a minute.

BTW, That's how I got out of jury duty. I told the clerk I'd be great, I can spot a guilty man just by looking at him.

That's really good.  You would never serve on one of my juries.

As an aside, let me say that despite the vigorous debate JessieP and I have had tonight, I still think he's a very intelligent, interesting and funny guy.  We can disagree without being disagreeable.

And with that, I'm going to bed.

High Voltage

Here is a thought, what would happen to PA & Shiloh football if they were placed in a Private only class? I think you would see PA football go down because of the lack of competition. On the other hand if they did move up to 7A as suggested they would get better. Moving PA up will only feed the monster IMO.

Now as far as recruiting, Privates have advantages, plain and simple. The parents in private schools are better off usually and have a two parent home. The kids know where their next meal is going to come from and the kids are usually academically strong. If KK was recruiting, or any private school for that matter he would have had to keep it under wraps with guns to several parents heads for years now. I find that highly unlikely. I could be wrong. Now Shiloh is a different animal altogether because they are affiliated with the church. That gives a far better avenue to recruit than PA IMO. Greenwood has been accused by people for years now of recruiting kids from that hotbed of talent in Hackett, lol. We have got kids from there on occasion, and they have made a difference but I doubt CRJ went over there and scouted the kids and made offers. Now a few Southside posters are upset that the Greenwood school district infiltrates the south borders of Fort Smith! And that is why we beat them year in and year out, lol.

The AAA should have clear and concise rules and enforce them equally. The AAA has never been fair and has proven that on several different occasions. This debate will rear it's ugly head every year until the AAA can make good rules rather than make rules about "Cowbells" at football games. ::)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: IMSwarmed on December 03, 2018, 05:56:30 pm
Could it be that recruiting begins in youth leagues? How hard would it be to have somebody scout the leagues around Little Rock and lure the best players to your school and your own youth league? Just because they've been there since 6th grade doesn't mean they weren't recruited in 6th grade.
To be honest this happens all the time. Starting in Pee-Wee football.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 08:59:55 pm

Pure speculation.
Circumstantial evidence lol.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HeberFan on December 03, 2018, 10:16:39 am
LRC mostly won with great defense and special teams.

-- Punting was outstanding, often inside the 10 yard line.
-- Kick-offs were usually into the endzone.
-- Kick return team got every onside try.
-- Defensive line batted balls into interceptions, while, linebackers and secondary limited big plays. The more plays it takes to move down the field, the better chance something will go wrong. Just analytics.

PA still has plenty about which to be happy, like, beating LRC in 10 of last 12 games?
I thought Christian scored 52 points? ???

SUGARTOWN

A poster pm'd me with an interesting question.  How does the AAA define recruiting?  I've never looked at the rule so I don't know. 

This is classic. You've been arguing vigorously that PA does not recruit, then you say you don't even know what is considered recruiting.

MDXPHD

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 04, 2018, 07:47:25 am
This is classic. You've been arguing vigorously that PA does not recruit, then you say you don't even know what is considered recruiting.

I think he's been arguing that PA doesn't recruit for sports. Of course they recruit, as does every school. I see billboards surrounding Batesville recruiting students to the local schools - school choice has caused that.

HeberFan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 04, 2018, 07:39:14 am
I thought Christian scored 52 points? ???

Scored 52 points with lots of short fields and turnovers, yes. Often times, the offense is fueled by special teams and defense.  LRC scored a defensive touchdown, as you might recall.

Chin Music

I agree with PA Dad that a school must report any tuition assistance the school itself gives to a player.  What if a supporter of a school pays the tuition of a payer either directly or as a gift directly to the family?  Those are two different situations.  I don't think the AAA can police the latter.  If 100% of the tuition is paid to a school, the school has nothing to report.  I'm not accusing PA or anyone else of this but these are the rumors I hear.

we_hate_the_band

Just because you have your brand doesn't mean you recruit.

Don't be upset when you're wearing Nike like everybody else and somebody strolls in wearing Adidas.

Rolling

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 08:12:26 pm
There are so many logical failings with this argument it's hard to know where to start.

The fact that a kid transfers to P.A. in high school doesn't prove recruiting or wrongdoing.  All of the kids who have done so that I can remember came when their parents moved here from out of state.

Second, your argument assumes that the kid who transfers in in high school is a star player.  In fact, you assume all of them are.  I challenge anyone to name one kid who transferred in in high school who was a star.  I can remember one player who fit that category who was a good player and was a starter, but his dad was an Air Force officer who was transferred to LRAFB.  Is that cheating?
2 to 3  star players can make a huge difference. Check PB when they were getting stary players from the local schools around them.

HeberFan

AirWarren

Quote from: Chin Music on December 04, 2018, 09:11:10 am
I agree with PA Dad that a school must report any tuition assistance the school itself gives to a player.  What if a supporter of a school pays the tuition of a payer either directly or as a gift directly to the family?  Those are two different situations.  I don't think the AAA can police the latter.  If 100% of the tuition is paid to a school, the school has nothing to report.  I'm not accusing PA or anyone else of this but these are the rumors I hear.

Hence. The prominent Little Rock car dealer.

A lil bit of the "peeple heppin bidness".

It's a tiresome argument. One Pa will never faulter on their beliefs. Neither will their challengers. They report their "federal tuition assistance", yes. But like their grades and academic scoring, what they receive as "gifts" to the school, is not something they have to report to the general public or the state.

Hence, private.

HeberFan

Private:  from the Latin "privatus," as in, "withdrawn from public life."

RazorDad

The AAA Handbook has almost three pages dedicated to recruiting.

Maynard G Krebs

MDXPHD

Quote from: RazorDad on December 04, 2018, 02:49:15 pm
The AAA Handbook has almost three pages dedicated to recruiting.

Ohh, that's enough then. We're good.

HeberFan

Maynard G Krebs

HeberFan

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 04, 2018, 03:38:20 pm
A distinct possibility

Better luck fielding on-side kicks might have led to a title this year. That was an amazing semi-final battle. Great season.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: High Voltage on December 04, 2018, 06:16:15 am
Here is a thought, what would happen to PA & Shiloh football if they were placed in a Private only class? I think you would see PA football go down because of the lack of competition. On the other hand if they did move up to 7A as suggested they would get better. Moving PA up will only feed the monster IMO.

Now as far as recruiting, Privates have advantages, plain and simple. The parents in private schools are better off usually and have a two parent home. The kids know where their next meal is going to come from and the kids are usually academically strong. If KK was recruiting, or any private school for that matter he would have had to keep it under wraps with guns to several parents heads for years now. I find that highly unlikely. I could be wrong. Now Shiloh is a different animal altogether because they are affiliated with the church. That gives a far better avenue to recruit than PA IMO. Greenwood has been accused by people for years now of recruiting kids from that hotbed of talent in Hackett, lol. We have got kids from there on occasion, and they have made a difference but I doubt CRJ went over there and scouted the kids and made offers. Now a few Southside posters are upset that the Greenwood school district infiltrates the south borders of Fort Smith! And that is why we beat them year in and year out, lol.

The AAA should have clear and concise rules and enforce them equally. The AAA has never been fair and has proven that on several different occasions. This debate will rear it's ugly head every year until the AAA can make good rules rather than make rules about "Cowbells" at football games. ::)
The AAA does have clear and concise rules that are enforced.

Public schools wanting to kick out private schools is the coward's way out. Get better. 3A size schools are beating 5A schools. No excuses. Play better football. Just watching those kids warm up the other night showed easily how much better they are coached than 90% of other schools. Public schools do all the things they blame private schools of doing and yet whine when private schools, with far greater restrictions, still beat them.

Greenwood is an excellent example. Historically, Nashville is a good example too. They play the game well.

Suck it and play better.

MDXPHD

Eddie, surely you're not foolish enough to believe everything you just wrote. Get better? Get outta here with that! You love PA. We get it. But they simply don't just out work other teams. They have clear advantages. As does lrca. Your bias is blinding you. It's not as simple as just getting better.

Privates have more restrictions now? Please, go on. I'm intrigued.

MDXPHD

I'm actually really confused. So public schools have advantages and are less regulated than private schools? Just to make sure we're on the same page here. Private schools are more restricted and yet, they somehow find a way to overcome all of their obstacles to beat public schools? They just hired better coaches and work harder?

zebrafan

Quote from: Rolling on December 04, 2018, 11:02:09 am
2 to 3  star players can make a huge difference. Check PB when they were getting stary players from the local schools around them.
😂

JacketFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 04, 2018, 05:00:47 pm
Eddie, surely you're not foolish enough to believe everything you just wrote. Get better? Get outta here with that! You love PA. We get it. But they simply don't just out work other teams. They have clear advantages. As does lrca. Your bias is blinding you. It's not as simple as just getting better.

Privates have more restrictions now? Please, go on. I'm intrigued.
Wow, PA must have that good kool aid to drink, lol, I laughed out loud when I read his post, it is getting deep on this thread, might have to break out the hip boots.  ;D ;D ;D

JessieP

I agree with Eddie, he's an administrator I have to, suck it you low rent public school plebeians. Why should the private schools be challenged because your useless parents don't make enough money. How dare you question those above you, your kids don't have everything private school kids have? Who cares. What right do you have to seek out fair and even competition? You want a equitable solution? Tough poopie. Now shut up, bow down and kiss their upscale backsides. Play better you filthy commoners.

If the post we're talking about came from a regular poster I'd had read that post coming from a every day poster I'd wonder when a moderator was gonna slap them down. Coming from an administrator? Wow.

The Future

Well one things for sure. With these threads, there's gonna be plenty to chat about and keep us entertained til kickoff 2019

PA Dad

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 04, 2018, 07:47:25 am

You need to read more closely.  I certainly have an understanding of what recruiting is.  It's a common understanding.  What I admitted I have not done is read the AAA rules on recruiting .  While they may be obtuse I suspect they comport with the common understanding.

PA Dad

Quote from: Rolling on December 04, 2018, 11:02:09 am

That's not the subject of the discussion.  The discussion is about whether the star players are recruited.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas