• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A State Championship - Little Rock Christian vs. Pulaski Academy

Started by MDXPHD, November 23, 2018, 10:05:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I think PA wins and I want PA to win
I think PA wins but I want LRC to win
I think LRC wins and I want LRC to win
I think LRC wins but I want PA to win

Chin Music

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 03, 2018, 11:29:03 am
let me ask it in a more simple and direct way......"What position did Justice Hill play, on defense, in this past Sunday's 5A State Championship Game?"    I'll wait.

LRCA had a special package on defense.  In certain situations he was out there.  I would guess maybe 10 plays or so.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: RazorDad on December 03, 2018, 11:33:25 am
He played DB and got at least one tackle in the second half. I'll go through the recording tonight and give you a time to help you out.

My point to all of this is in response to Eddie Goodson saying that if Hill hadn't been on the field, the results would have been different.  Hill was on defense, what, maybe 1 or 2 plays?  Not enough to make a monumental difference.  Hill didn't stop PA, the LRC Defense played lights out.   Eddie Goodson just needs to admit that PA got beat by a better TEAM!  Not beat by Justice Hill.   End of rant.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 03, 2018, 03:01:49 pm
My point to all of this is in response to Eddie Goodson saying that if Hill hadn't been on the field, the results would have been different.  Hill was on defense, what, maybe 1 or 2 plays?  Not enough to make a monumental difference.  Hill didn't stop PA, the LRC Defense played lights out.   Eddie Goodson just needs to admit that PA got beat by a better TEAM!  Not beat by Justice Hill.   End of rant.
PA had nearly 700 yards of offense but 5 turnovers. I'm not sure if the LRCA defense played "lights out" but it played good enough to win which is all that matters.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 03, 2018, 03:11:03 pm
PA had nearly 700 yards of offense but 5 turnovers. I'm not sure if the LRCA defense played "lights out" but it played good enough to win which is all that matters.

When was the last time the scoreboard reflected the amount of yards a team had?  5 turnovers and a win to me is "lights out".  Against PA! 

RazorDad

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 03, 2018, 03:11:03 pm

The reason PA had more yards is because the LRCA kickers pinned them deep in their own territory. Most PA drives had to be 80+ yards to score. LRCA started most of their drives near the 50.

Fan1958

Quote from: Wildcat Football on December 03, 2018, 09:25:57 am
Bryant and LRC coaches had great game plans and pulled off upsets, Benton coaches did not even with better athletes.  Rick Jones is the best coach in the state, not even close.  Kelley is brash and arrogant, recruits at private school and schemes so much trickery, unconventional calls, etc...Greenwood does it with over a much longer period of time in a small community in the hills with conventional play, not central arkansas where athletes are bountiful.  I cannot for the life of me understand why Holt has not been offered by Ark baseball team.  He is my Landers MVP and I am definitely not a GW fan.

When you are blowing people out, on sides kicks, going for it on 4th and long from your own 14, etc. will work.  When you are in a dog fight, giving the other team a short field doesn't make one look so bright.  Just ask Kirby Smart. 

High Voltage

Hey, Kevin Kelly is a great coach and I wouldn't want him ticked because the next time you meet might not be so good, with that said he did get outcoached on Sunday. The score reflects that. LRC had a great game plan and worked it to perfection. Kelly's defense had no plan for Hill.

Eddie Goodson

Bryant and LRC coaches had great game plans and pulled off upsets, Benton coaches did not even with better athletes.  Rick Jones is the best coach in the state, not even close.  Kelley is brash and arrogant, recruits at private school and schemes so much trickery, unconventional calls, etc...Greenwood does it with over a much longer period of time in a small community in the hills with conventional play, not central arkansas where athletes are bountiful.  I cannot for the life of me understand why Holt has not been offered by Ark baseball team.  He is my Landers MVP and I am definitely not a GW fan.
You are full of crap. You don't even know that man well enough to know if he is arrogant. You certainly can't prove he recruits. Everything I know of the man is exactly opposite of what you say.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 03, 2018, 03:01:49 pm
What in the Sam Hill are you talking about? All I have done is say that LRCA was the better team.

Central AR

Posts like this is why FF needs to consider an IQ test upon registration.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Central AR on December 03, 2018, 04:04:41 pm
Posts like this is why FF needs to consider an IQ test upon registration.
Didn't he make a public apology 2 years ago after beating McClellan in state finals for brash and arrogant comments?  I'll look through archives to find specific details, it was posted on social media.  Truth hurts sometimes ya'll, but know he is otherwise a great guy but everybody has flaws.  As far as recruiting, it happens even though the general public doesn't always see it.  This is the AAA private school rule implemented a few years back, private schools must play in 1 classification above their enrollment because of recruiting. Who needs the IQ test now? Those darn facts get in way of hurt feelings every time.

PA Dad

Quote from: Wildcat Football on December 03, 2018, 04:15:18 pm
Didn't he make a public apology 2 years ago after beating McClellan in state finals for brash and arrogant comments?  I'll look through archives to find specific details, it was posted on social media.  Truth hurts sometimes ya'll, but know he is otherwise a great guy but everybody has flaws.  As far as recruiting, it happens even though the general public doesn't always see it.  This is the AAA private school rule implemented a few years back, private schools must play in 1 classification above their enrollment because of recruiting. Who needs the IQ test now? Those darn facts get in way of hurt feelings every time.

You need to post that AAA rule.  Privates don't play up because they are allowed to recruit.  They play up because of other advantages.

Fan1958

Central AR

"Kelley is brash and arrogant" - your exact words

I think he said some arrogant comments in the past but not 100% positive... (paraphrasing you)

Make up your mind 😂 Also, one comment you're unsure about and it makes someone arrogant? Let me guess, you've never said anything arrogant before?

HeberFan

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Central AR on December 03, 2018, 04:23:04 pm
"Kelley is brash and arrogant" - your exact words

I think he said some arrogant comments in the past but not 100% positive... (paraphrasing you)

Make up your mind 😂 Also, one comment you're unsure about and it makes someone arrogant? Let me guess, you've never said anything arrogant before?
Here is the article, and yes I've made brash and arrogant comments before.  He is a winner and built a great program. Tell him to wear pants too when it is freezing during state final games, that seems brash to me as well.
https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/dec/10/pulaski-academy-coach-apologizes-final-td/?page=2

Eddie Goodson

A brash and arrogant man doesn't stay on the field well after the game is over and losing the state title game congratulating LRCA coach and players for their win. PA players joining in as well. I have had my gut full of people who haven't spent 30 seconds with the man throwing out garbage accusations and judgments of his character when they probably wouldn't know him if they met him on the street. This is one of the things I despise about message board anonymity.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2018, 04:17:08 pm
You need to post that AAA rule.  Privates don't play up because they are allowed to recruit.  They play up because of other advantages.

I don't know PA Dad, sounds like a pretty legit rule to me.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 03, 2018, 04:31:09 pm
I don't know PA Dad, sounds like a pretty legit rule to me.

I figured that would get a rise out of you.

Fan1958

You need the IQ test because you have no clue about those "darn facts" you cite.

Firstly, private school classification is based on a multiplier, currently 1.35.  At one time it was either 1.75 or proposed at 1.75.  A 1.75 multiplier could force a 2A school to play at the 4A level.

Secondly, it is almost impossible to "recruit" to a private school.  If a student enrolls at Catholic High as a freshman and did not attend Catholic schools in elementary, or at least junior high, that student must sign a document stating he is not attending Catholic High solely to participate in sports.  I know this for a fact because my son graduated from Catholic and played baseball but did not attend a Catholic junior high school.  He attended another private school through junior high. In addition to that, any student who transfers to a private school from a public school is ineligible to participate in athletics for one year.  Conversely, a student who transfers to a public school from a private school, or from public to public, is immediately eligible at the new school.

There is much more recruiting going on in the public schools than at the private schools.  Three or four years ago Catholic lost a very good football player to a public school after the kid's junior year and I'm not sure he even lived in the district/attendance zone where he ended up.  Look what's going on at Springdale right now.  Kids leaving Har-Bar to attend SHS and apparently don't live in the SHS district.

Parkview has outstanding basketball every year.  Parkview is a magnet school. Seems all the best basketball players in LR somehow end up there year after year. Wanna talk about recruiting? Ask a former "legend" coach about that.  Cost him his job there.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 03, 2018, 04:30:44 pm
A brash and arrogant man doesn't stay on the field well after the game is over and losing the state title game congratulating LRCA coach and players for their win. PA players joining in as well. I have had my gut full of people who haven't spent 30 seconds with the man throwing out garbage accusations and judgments of his character when they probably wouldn't know him if they met him on the street. This is one of the things I despise about message board anonymity.

Unless it was cold and he had on his traditional outfit!

Anonymity isn't great - but it is important for some people on message boards. We appreciate you guys letting us bicker back and forth on here!

I've never met KK, but I'm sure he's a nice guy like you say. I think people who don't know him watch his style, read his tweets, etc and form an opinion rather quickly. It's pretty routine in the current climate to do that - so it shouldn't be a surprise. Sometimes confidence can come off as arrogance as well. It's nothing to get worked up about - when you're in the spotlight more than the average person then you will have critics and praisers.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 03, 2018, 04:44:13 pm
You need the IQ test because you have no clue about those "darn facts" you cite.

Firstly, private school classification is based on a multiplier, currently 1.35.  At one time it was either 1.75 or proposed at 1.75.  A 1.75 multiplier could force a 2A school to play at the 4A level.

Secondly, it is almost impossible to "recruit" to a private school.  If a student enrolls at Catholic High as a freshman and did not attend Catholic schools in elementary, or at least junior high, that student must sign a document stating he is not attending Catholic High solely to participate in sports.  I know this for a fact because my son graduated from Catholic and played baseball but did not attend a Catholic junior high school.  He attended another private school through junior high. In addition to that, any student who transfers to a private school from a public school is ineligible to participate in athletics for one year.  Conversely, a student who transfers to a public school from a private school, or from public to public, is immediately eligible at the new school.

There is much more recruiting going on in the public schools than at the private schools.  Three or four years ago Catholic lost a very good football player to a public school after the kid's junior year and I'm not sure he even lived in the district/attendance zone where he ended up.  Look what's going on at Springdale right now.  Kids leaving Har-Bar to attend SHS and apparently don't live in the SHS district.

Parkview has outstanding basketball every year.  Parkview is a magnet school. Seems all the best basketball players in LR somehow end up there year after year. Wanna talk about recruiting? Ask a former "legend" coach about that.  Cost him his job there.

Much is simply just incorrect in this post. But I'm too lazy right now to correct all of it.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 03, 2018, 04:44:13 pm

Scholarship or tuition discounts are given to some 'special athletes' for playing at private schools.  I was told this from a private school dad, so let's not pretend it doesn't happen. 

Fan1958

Maybe, maybe not.  That was not the issue in the original post.  You stated the private schools play up a classification because of recruiting.  That statement is incorrect and I provided you with "those darn facts" and that is the best you got?

Refute what I posted because those are the "darn facts." Giving discounts to "special athletes" is hearsay.  You said so yourself. And BTW, Catholic High gives scholarships to lots of kids who wouldn't know a football from a basketball, as do many of the other private schools.  Go to their sites and ready about tuition assistance and scholarship money.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Wildcat Football on December 03, 2018, 04:50:40 pm
Scholarship or tuition discounts are given to some 'special athletes' for playing at private schools.  I was told this from a private school dad, so let's not pretend it doesn't happen.
Was it PA Dad?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 03, 2018, 04:50:10 pm
Much is simply just incorrect in this post. But I'm too lazy right now to correct all of it.
The cliff notes version of the rule is that the AAA assumes ALL transfers are for athletic purposes. Therefore, any transfer to a private school AFTER July 1 of the student going to the SEVENTH grade, the student must sit out a year unless the FAMILY makes a bonafide move to within a certain distance from the school. A student transferring from one PUBLIC school to another must do so by July 1 going into the TENTH grade must sit out a year unless the FAMILY makes a bonafide move inside the boundaries of the new school district.

Almost all those kids on the field for PA have been there since elementary school. If you want to accuse the man of recruiting, you're actually saying he is the greatest judge of football talent of 6 to 10 year old kids in Arkansas because those are the ages those kids are enrolling in school.

If a family wants to transfer their child and sit them a year, it is their option and none of us should say anything about it. It is their option.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 03, 2018, 04:59:58 pm
Maybe, maybe not.  That was not the issue in the original post.  You stated the private schools play up a classification because of recruiting.  That statement is incorrect and I provided you with "those darn facts" and that is the best you got?

Refute what I posted because those are the "darn facts." Giving discounts to "special athletes" is hearsay.  You said so yourself. And BTW, Catholic High gives scholarships to lots of kids who wouldn't know a football from a basketball, as do many of the other private schools.  Go to their sites and ready about tuition assistance and scholarship money.

Your facts were wrong though - which is unfortunate.

JessieP

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 03, 2018, 03:53:49 pm
You are full of crap. You don't even know that man well enough to know if he is arrogant. You certainly can't prove he recruits. Everything I know of the man is exactly opposite of what you say.

That's what they call a Freudian Slip! "You can't prove" is light years away from "He does not". Bruce Cutler stood on the steps of the United States Federal Court in lower Manhattan in 1987 and boastfully proclaimed "John Gotti is not involved in organized crime, the Government certainly can't prove he is". When told about Cutler's boast Federal Prosecutor Rudy Guliani (Yes, that Rudy Guliani) replied with an emphatic "Yet". I think it's unfair to single out Kelley. I find him to be a decent family man, a great educator and a brilliant football mind. I give his team all the respect in the world, I even consider them the best team in the 5A, in spite of yesterday's outcome but come on, all private schools recruit in some form in some sport. It goes on in every state in the country in every sport. To think it's exclusive to PA is laughable, to deny it goes on is even more laughable.   

Fan1958

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 03, 2018, 04:50:10 pm

Well correct part of it. The post is factually correct.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 03, 2018, 05:03:37 pm
Was it PA Dad?

Would not be surprised. I bet he's known to spread those rumors like wildfire. He loves a good, unsubstantiated rumor going around.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Wildcat Football on December 03, 2018, 04:50:40 pm
Not they are not. Stop getting your info second hand and learn how financial aid works for yourself. It is against AAA rules to give scholarships to athletes.

PA Dad

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 05:06:27 pm
That's what they call a Freudian Slip! "You can't prove" is light years away from "He does not". Bruce Cutler stood on the steps of the United States Federal Court in lower Manhattan in 1987 and boastfully proclaimed "John Gotti is not involved in organized crime, the Government certainly can't prove he is". When told about Cutler's boast Federal Prosecutor Rudy Guliani (Yes, that Rudy Guliani) replied with an emphatic "Yet". I think it's unfair to single out Kelley. I find him to be a decent family man, a great educator and a brilliant football mind. I give his team all the respect in the world, I even consider them the best team in the 5A, in spite of yesterday's outcome but come on, all private schools recruit in some form in some sport. It goes on in every state in the country in every sport. To think it's exclusive to PA is laughable, to deny it goes on is even more laughable.   
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 03, 2018, 05:05:44 pm
The cliff notes version of the rule is that the AAA assumes ALL transfers are for athletic purposes. Therefore, any transfer to a private school AFTER July 1 of the student going to the SEVENTH grade, the student must sit out a year unless the FAMILY makes a bonafide move to within a certain distance from the school. A student transferring from one PUBLIC school to another must do so by July 1 going into the TENTH grade must sit out a year unless the FAMILY makes a bonafide move inside the boundaries of the new school district.

Almost all those kids on the field for PA have been there since elementary school. If you want to accuse the man of recruiting, you're actually saying he is the greatest judge of football talent of 6 to 10 year old kids in Arkansas because those are the ages those kids are enrolling in school.

If a family wants to transfer their child and sit them a year, it is their option and none of us should say anything about it. It is their option.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 03, 2018, 05:06:46 pm
Well correct part of it. The post is factually correct.

I will tomorrow. But for a brief version, the multiplier is wrong, kids don't always have to sit out when they transfer, bona fide moves apply and private schools have a 25 mile radius, public to public school transfers aren't always immediately eligible, etc.

RazorDad

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 03, 2018, 05:11:48 pm
I will tomorrow. But for a brief version, the multiplier is wrong, kids don't always have to sit out when they transfer, bona fide moves apply and private schools have a 25 mile radius, public to public school transfers aren't always immediately eligible, etc.

This is true.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 03, 2018, 04:59:58 pm

The spirit of the rule is to address recruiting, everyone knows that even though it's not spelled out in black and white.  Look, I'm not gonna bash Kelly...it's not a cool thing to do behind a monitor.  The man is HIGHLY successful and has contributed to Ark HS football on a national scale just like Gus Malzahn.  PA should be proud of their program and agree parents and support make it a special place.  I'm just jealous and that's really my fault, not Coach K's. And, he is confident but sometimes the general public sees that as arrogance.  I will withdraw that claim, because you are right I don't know his mind, heart, or soul.

JacketFan

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 03, 2018, 05:07:46 pm
Not they are not. Stop getting your info second hand and learn how financial aid works for yourself. It is against AAA rules to give scholarships to athletes.
Yeah, the way around that is they just call it academic, but it doesn't hurt that the guy receiving the scholly is 6' 5" 310lb linemen that is smart, they recruit bottom line, like JesseP said, every private school in the country does it, they skirt the rules, and do a good job at it, but so does every other school , so at the end of the day, it gives us all something to talk about.

JessieP

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 03, 2018, 05:09:57 pm

I keep hearing things like 90%", "Almost all" or "The overwhelming majority" of these kids have been there since 6th grade. Let's go with 90%, that means 10% have not, 10% of 81 players is 8. Forget 8, I'll cut that in half. Adding 4 great players to a team of well coached, hard working kids can turn it from a good to great team. No one has ever claimed they recruited the entire roster. 2 or 3 kids every few years will do just fine. Heck, the difference yesterday was 1 kid.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 05:23:59 pm
I keep hearing things like 90%", "Almost all" or "The overwhelming majority" of these kids have been there since 6th grade. Let's go with 90%, that means 10% have not, 10% of 81 players is 8. Forget 8, I'll cut that in half. Adding 4 great players to a team of well coached, hard working kids can turn it from a good to great team. No one has ever claimed they recruited the entire roster. 2 or 3 kids every few years will do just fine. Heck, the difference yesterday was 1 kid.
If they did everything according to the rules, there is nothing to be said. The bar is incredibly higher for private schools.

Transfers for sports in Arkansas is dominated by moves from one public to school to another public school and it ain't even close.

And the percentages are higher than 90%.

JessieP

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 03, 2018, 05:29:40 pm
If they did everything according to the rules, there is nothing to be said. The bar is incredibly higher for private schools.

Transfers for sports in Arkansas is dominated by moves from one public to school to another public school and it ain't even close.

And the percentages are higher than 90%.

Wow, you are just sure about your convictions. Oh well, you're an administrator and I'm not so I guess I'm wrong. I find it fascinating that States like Florida, Texas, California, New York, Ohio, Arizona and Utah all acknowledge that recruiting/financial aid goes on and it's unfair. They set the rules so that the playing field levels, the competition benefits as well. But here in our State private schools recruiting athletes does not happen, that's truly impressive. What are our governing bodies doing so right that they have managed to eliminate something that goes on EVERYWHERE else, but here of course? Yea us.

Idindonuffin

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 05:23:59 pm

Could it be that recruiting begins in youth leagues? How hard would it be to have somebody scout the leagues around Little Rock and lure the best players to your school and your own youth league? Just because they've been there since 6th grade doesn't mean they weren't recruited in 6th grade.

AirWarren

Quote from: IMSwarmed on December 03, 2018, 05:56:30 pm
Could it be that recruiting begins in youth leagues? How hard would it be to have somebody scout the leagues around Little Rock and lure the best players to your school and your own youth league? Just because they've been there since 6th grade doesn't mean they weren't recruited in 6th grade.

Pulaski heights bucs is the farm team of Little Rock successful football teams.

Even coach hill said, "if I'm a school, I'm doing everything to get this kid on my team" when speaking of a kid who played for that bucs team.

Idindonuffin

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2018, 06:02:17 pm
Pulaski heights bucs is the farm team of Little Rock successful football teams.

Even coach hill said, "if I'm a school, I'm doing everything to get this kid on my team" when speaking of a kid who played for that bucs team.

PA has the Mighty Bluebird field where I'm pretty sure they learn the system from an early age.

AirWarren

Quote from: IMSwarmed on December 03, 2018, 06:14:05 pm
PA has the Mighty Bluebird field where I'm pretty sure they learn the system from an early age.

Correct.

My daughter used to cheer for the pee wee league out of maumelle. I always saw some "questionable" "lingerers" from certain programs in the CAFL who would stay and chat with the studs of local teams.

Lol. Always thought it was funny.

JessieP

It's unreal that we still have people pushing "The tooth Fairy left it" narrative. It is grossly unfair to pin this on PA, they are far from the only purveyors of it but it's downright insulting to dismiss it out of hand. It happens and everyone knows it happens. I get a kick out of some posters who say "Name the coach" or "Name one player", what a cowardly slippery response. They know full well that to do so would get the post deleted and the poster banned. It would be like if a poster said they had a credit card and the opposing poster said "Prove it you liar, prove it. Give us the name on the card, card number, security code and expiration date. I dare you, prove it". It happens, everyone knows it happens, there is growing anger across the state and nothing is being done about it. Why is Arkansas so hesitant to deal with it? The answer is quite simple, if you give financial aid to athletes you play in the highest classification! Done, Debate over. If they still win then the public school boosters can't say a thing about it. It has nothing to do with fairness, someone likes things the way they are.

Quote from: JacketFan on December 03, 2018, 05:23:25 pm
Yeah, the way around that is they just call it academic, but it doesn't hurt that the guy receiving the scholly is 6' 5" 310lb linemen that is smart, they recruit bottom line, like JesseP said, every private school in the country does it, they skirt the rules, and do a good job at it, but so does every other school , so at the end of the day, it gives us all something to talk about.

Not a PA fan but I certainly didn't see any 6' 5" 310lb linemen yesterday.  I saw an abundance of 5' 9" 175lb kids though. 

AirWarren

Quote from: 72113 on December 03, 2018, 07:48:38 pm
Not a PA fan but I certainly didn't see any 6' 5" 310lb linemen yesterday.  I saw an abundance of 5' 9" 175lb kids though. 

No. Those were on Bryant.

But in all seriousness. LRCA had some big ole boys.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2018, 07:50:34 pm
No. Those were on Bryant.

But in all seriousness. LRCA had some big ole boys.
They sure did. I was surprised at their size in the trenches.

JacketFan

Quote from: 72113 on December 03, 2018, 07:48:38 pm
You are correct, they lost all of those to graduation the last few years

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2018, 06:35:34 pm
It's unreal that we still have people pushing "The tooth Fairy left it" narrative. It is grossly unfair to pin this on PA, they are far from the only purveyors of it but it's downright insulting to dismiss it out of hand. It happens and everyone knows it happens. I get a kick out of some posters who say "Name the coach" or "Name one player", what a cowardly slippery response. They know full well that to do so would get the post deleted and the poster banned. It would be like if a poster said they had a credit card and the opposing poster said "Prove it you liar, prove it. Give us the name on the card, card number, security code and expiration date. I dare you, prove it". It happens, everyone knows it happens, there is growing anger across the state and nothing is being done about it. Why is Arkansas so hesitant to deal with it? The answer is quite simple, if you give financial aid to athletes you play in the highest classification! Done, Debate over. If they still win then the public school boosters can't say a thing about it. It has nothing to do with fairness, someone likes things the way they are.

I've been at and around P.A. for many years.  I'm not aware of a single player being recruited.

I hate cheaters.  If any poster has evidence that P.A. has recruited a player bring it to me (you don't have to post it) and I'll personally report it to AAA.  I'll post the time and date that I do so.  You can come watch me do it.

Evidence means first hand knowledge.  If your brother told you that a friend told him that P.A. recruits don't bother me.  But if you have a parent who says he was recruited to get his son to P.A. to play football get the information to me.

Financial assistance is a different matter.  I think you're blowing it out of proportion.  Every student at public schools gets financial assistance- in fact, they get a full scholarship.  If P.A. had a large enough endowment to allow every student to attend free would you still have a problem?  If so, why?

Now, JessieP, is this a cowardly or slippery response?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas