• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two rivers invitational

Started by HorseFeathers, November 23, 2015, 10:04:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Longfellow

I forgot to grab one at the game tonight

HorseFeathers

Basketballfan13

Top side of bracket:
Dardanelle vs Bergman
Two Rivers JV vs Scranton

Bottom end of bracket:
Magazine vs Mountain Pine
Two Rivers vs Bigelow

The Bracket is the same for boys and girls

HorseFeathers

Wait...two rivers is playing their jv in a tournament? Someone back out or what?

Longfellow

beach bum

I don't think Longfellow will mind but Two Rivers will be my bandwagon team in 3A this year for basketball. I want all the 1-3A West and 4-3A to do well but the Gators are my team I will be rooting for to have another successful season especially.

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on November 24, 2015, 08:59:14 pm
I don't think Longfellow will mind but Two Rivers will be my bandwagon team in 3A this year for basketball. I want all the 1-3A West and 4-3A to do well but the Gators are my team I will be rooting for to have another successful season especially.
I'm happy for any support we can get

WPWells

I'll support the Gators this year too

HorseFeathers

I'm going to push all of you off the bandwagon...haha

Longfellow

Magazine/Mt Pine and Bergman/Dardanelle play tonight

BigLion10

WPWells

BigLion10

Mtn Pine girls should be good this year so watch out for them

Longfellow

Mt Pine girls up by 21 in the 4th. Neither team playing that great

Longfellow

Magazine leads Mt Pine 68-37 after 3 quarters

HorseFeathers

Longfellow

Yep Mt Pine boys aren't very good

HorseFeathers

Longfellow

Bergman girls over Dardanelle by 20ish

Longfellow

Dardanelle boys over Bergman closer than it should've been. Dardanelle had a lead of 20+ in the fourth and the coach took out his starters while Bergman's coach left his in the entire game.

b-ball fan

Longfellow

No games on Tuesday. Two Rivers JV will play Scranton at 4 and 5:30. Two Rivers varsity will play Bigelow at 6:30 and 8. Semifinals are tomorrow.

Boys
Dardanelle vs Scranton/TR JV
Magazine vs TR/Bigelow

Girls
Bergman vs Scranton/TR JV
Mt Pine vs TR/Bigelow

b-ball fan

Longfellow

Scranton girls beat TR JV by 30ish

Longfellow

Scranton over TR JV. Two Rivers girls lead the Bigelow girls 15-5 at the end of the 1st. Grace Coates has 13 points

Longfellow

TR Lady Gators 37
Bigelow Lady Panthers 8
Halftime

Grace Coates 20 points
If I was a betting man, I would bet we have at least 20 steals, 10 being from Savannah Hodges

Longfellow

Final
Lady Gators 65
Lady Panthers 14

HorseFeathers

No update on the upset game yet?

Bigelow beat two rivers by2 in the Boys game..

#EagleStrong

Quote from: HF on December 02, 2015, 09:56:05 pm

Meanwhile Charleston is blowing out a 7A school. I think we know who the conference favorite is now.

Longfellow

Sorry my phone died and I've got a lot of work due tomorrow. All I can say is that we played awful. Missed too many shots in the paint, allowed too many easy looks in the paint. Didn't happen to catch his total, but Yates went for at least 25, with 18 in the first half. I've tried to swear off using refs as an excuse, but there were a few too many questionable calls in the 2nd half tonight, all coming from the same guy. 2/3's of the referees' performance was very good, but the one guy should take a look at what constitutes a shooting foul. Twice in the game a Bigelow player was given 2 shots without even attempting to shoot the ball. Still, not an excuse for losing to that team. One more thing, I'm not sure Bigelow's coach knows the NFHS rules very well. It's funny to hear a coach calling for an over the back foul. Also, it doesn't matter what happens, a player cannot be called for traveling while dribbling the ball.

hogsnout

Dardanelle boys should take this tournament and two rivers girls will also both in blowout fashion.

Longfellow

I agree. I don't think anyone will hang with Dardanelle or Two Rivers girls. I doubt anyone stays within 30 of our girls. Magazine/Bigelow boys could be a pretty good game tonight

Longfellow

Also if anyone else can do score updates on the games tonight, I won't be there this evening. College is really killing me this close to finals

pantherfan3

Quote from: Longfellow on December 02, 2015, 10:20:13 pm

Sorry my phone died and I've got a lot of work due tomorrow. All I can say is that we played awful. Missed too many shots in the paint, allowed too many easy looks in the paint. Didn't happen to catch his total, but Yates went for at least 25, with 18 in the first half. I've tried to swear off using refs as an excuse, but there were a few too many questionable calls in the 2nd half tonight, all coming from the same guy. 2/3's of the referees' performance was very good, but the one guy should take a look at what constitutes a shooting foul. Twice in the game a Bigelow player was given 2 shots without even attempting to shoot the ball. Still, not an excuse for losing to that team. One more thing, I'm not sure Bigelow's coach knows the NFHS rules very well. It's funny to hear a coach calling for an over the back foul. Also, it doesn't matter what happens, a player cannot be called for traveling while dribbling the ball.

Listen--your saying you shouldn't have lost to "that team" is not giving credit to the boys on that team.  They are excellent ball players who work super hard. You were beat by "that team". :)  They are a great team--as it appears the Gators are.  There were some really questionable ref calls--but it went equally both ways--it didn't determine who won or lost.  I don't know when the coach called for traveling unless it might have been when our player hustled to get in place to stop the ball and took a massive charge--both boys went backwards several steps and got a NO CALL on the contact.  You cant move several steps backwards after contact and not dribble...that's traveling and it happened.  I don't really care if you think it was a block or a charge-it was something and right in front of the ref with NO call. Crazy.

WPWells

A Bigelow Momma has entered the thread

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 03, 2015, 04:29:32 pm
A Bigelow Momma has entered the thread

She has a point, the more you knock teams you beat or beat you, the more you knock down your own teams accomplishment....which bigelow was runner up in their region last year, so they probably aren't a bad team...

Longfellow

I didn't say they were bad, it's just that it's the first time I've seen them and we played a terrible game. Like really, really bad. Worse than I've seen them play in a long time

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on December 03, 2015, 05:00:00 pm
I didn't say they were bad, it's just that it's the first time I've seen them and we played a terrible game. Like really, really bad. Worse than I've seen them play in a long time

I've heard yalls side from a slightly less biased source

Longfellow

Quote from: HF on December 03, 2015, 05:07:29 pm

What did you hear? I have a pretty good idea of what it was, and if it's what I think, they're right

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on December 03, 2015, 06:30:31 pm
Quote from: HF on December 03, 2015, 05:07:29 pm

What did you hear? I have a pretty good idea of what it was, and if it's what I think, they're right

Lazy on defense, and couldn't make a shot to save their lives. 

Basketballfan13

Any score updates on tonight's games?

hogsnout

Dardanelle boys by 15 and two rivers girls by about 30 not sure on bigelow boys game.

hogsnout

I watched two rivers girls last night they are very impressive. Grace Coats and Savanna Hodges are good but i was more impressed by Tia Gadberry her defense is lights out and always finds the open players for the assist. But Brooklyn Lancaster is probably the best 3 point shooter in 3A these girls are very fun to watch. Lots of talent on that team glad i got to watch them.

Longfellow

I definitely agree with you hogsnout. The defensive potential of this team is limitless. Their ability to force turnovers and score points in transition makes them nearly impossible to beat. When teams are held to less than half the field goal attempts than you get, you usually win

TheOfficial

Quote from: hogsnout on December 04, 2015, 07:47:48 am
I watched two rivers girls last night they are very impressive. Grace Coats and Savanna Hodges are good but i was more impressed by Tia Gadberry her defense is lights out and always finds the open players for the assist. But Brooklyn Lancaster is probably the best 3 point shooter in 3A these girls are very fun to watch. Lots of talent on that team glad i got to watch them.

I'm guessing Lancaster is not as good of a 3 point shooter as Tennyson at Valley Springs.

hogsnout

Quote from: TheOfficial on December 04, 2015, 01:25:45 pm

I'm guessing Lancaster is not as good of a 3 point shooter as Tennyson at Valley Springs.
From what i seen last night i think those 2 teams will find out who is who this year. I think she had 7 three's last night.

Longfellow

Quote from: TheOfficial on December 04, 2015, 01:25:45 pm

There is no doubt, Tennyson is a better player. But Brooklyn's job is to shoot 3'a and play defense, which she does very well

hogsnout

Longfellow

Two Rivers JV over Dardanelle. Technically they JV because no Dardanelle starters played. Bergman boys by 20+ over TR JV. Magazine girls leads Bigelow 28-16 at half

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas