• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional & State Sites

Started by Head Lion, November 22, 2015, 07:57:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOfficial

Quote from: bobcats on November 25, 2015, 01:44:52 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on November 25, 2015, 01:28:37 pm
Quote from: TheOfficial on November 22, 2015, 08:59:57 pm
I'm pretty sure Valley Springs is bidding on the state to be held at North Arkansas College.
There is just nothing to do in Harrison and have very few places to eat, besides fast food. Nothing against the good people of Harrison.

Branson is as close to Harrison as Jonesboro is to Manila or Hot springs is to Jessieville.  In March you can get a 2 bedroom condo for the price of a hotel in Hot Springs or Jonesboro.  There are more places to eat and things to do in Branson than there are in Hot Springs and Jonesboro combined.

Amen.
And there are numerous places to eat in Harrison that aren't fast food!!!

Head Lion

I'm not downing Harrison, just seems like when we are there for Regionals, not much open after 9. This is a time a lot of fans are leaving the days games. It is beautiful country, but if I have to spend 2 weeks in a row there, I will go crazy.

bobcats

Quote from: TheOfficial on November 25, 2015, 05:44:02 pm
Quote from: bobcats on November 25, 2015, 01:44:52 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on November 25, 2015, 01:28:37 pm
Quote from: TheOfficial on November 22, 2015, 08:59:57 pm
I'm pretty sure Valley Springs is bidding on the state to be held at North Arkansas College.
There is just nothing to do in Harrison and have very few places to eat, besides fast food. Nothing against the good people of Harrison.

Branson is as close to Harrison as Jonesboro is to Manila or Hot springs is to Jessieville.  In March you can get a 2 bedroom condo for the price of a hotel in Hot Springs or Jonesboro.  There are more places to eat and things to do in Branson than there are in Hot Springs and Jonesboro combined.

Amen.
And there are numerous places to eat in Harrison that aren't fast food!!!

DeVitos and Neighbors mill are 2 of my favorites.

Head Lion

Bobcats, I trust your word on eating places. Coach Drennan is a dandy, he is related by marriage to some of my close friends.

ballmember

Much rather be in Harrison after 9pm than i would Little Rock, and many other towns that I dont need to mention.   It still should be about the game.   Plenty places to eat, and now to drink. 

ballmember

Would like to see all state tournaments played at a  3A school;  not some big city or a 7A gym so we can have more padded seats.  I think these tourneys should be about and for the kids-I know money is involved for AAA.  Also, play in as safe an environment as possible.   Lots of kids and families moving about and they deserve this also.    Remember the Superintendents are making this decision, or the ones on the board are.
One of the best times of the year is tournament time.   

neds

Black and Gold

Paperman

analyst#2

The state tournament should be in Fordyce. Nice Arena

WPWells

It was there recently. Cool your jets

analyst#2

just like it was in Charleston recently.

WPWells

But I'm not saying it should be there

analyst#2

im saying it should be in a big & nice looking arena. I only been to Fordyce arena like 3 times and I really thought it was very nice

Head Lion

Quote from: analyst#2 on December 02, 2015, 09:28:28 am
Great facility, but in the middle of NOWHERE! 

HorseFeathers

Screw it y'all have to play in timbo...good luck

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: HF on December 02, 2015, 12:05:14 pm
Screw it y'all have to play in timbo...good luck

Even better...make them play at Big Flat at the old Tri-County gym.

bobcats

Been there done that.  Don't want to go back.

BigLion10

#EagleStrong

So, what about regional sites? I believe the 1-West conference will have the host in our region this year. Who would put in for that? West Fork? I would love if it was at Lavaca.

WPWells

I'd love West Fork or Greenland

Clara Allen

Just saying, Russellville has a beautiful brand new facility. If they were not planning on bidding for 6/7 tournament, maybe one of the local 3A like Lamar Atkins or Danville could work something out with them.  Plenty of padded seats and parking

Longfellow

I like that idea. But here's one for you. Find the 7 biggest nicest gyms in the state, draw random out of a hat for who has state there

Clara Allen

I rather like that idea as well. 

AlumniLights

Quote from: ballmember on November 23, 2015, 09:06:46 am
Harrison would be a great location!!  So, it will probably not happen;  aint the movers and shakers that make this decision ; the majority now located in southern part of state.   Makes a lot of sense since not many folks live down that way.   No slam on southern arkansas schools but what about moving north.

I believe it was hosted at NORTHARK in 2007 if my memory serves me correctly.

bb1996

Centerpoint will be bidding big advantage if awarded

AlumniLights

Quote from: bobcats on December 02, 2015, 03:37:59 pm

Been there done that.  Don't want to go back.

Already made that trip as well. On to the next one!

hogsnout

Atkins would not be bad also close to plenty of hotels and restaurants.Also central location.

teachers pet

As long as the arena has fold down seating with arm rest and drink holders, I'm okay for anywhere!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 25, 2015, 12:52:19 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 25, 2015, 12:44:08 pm
Yes, it's a brilliant idea for the centrally located teams to always have a distinct advantage

+1 on this CHS

A Central location would benefit half the state each year. That would the half of the state that does not have to travel from Smackover to Harrison or from Rivercrest to Charleston, etc.

Arkansas could limit any advantage to Central Arkansas schools by having the first two or three rounds played at 4 regional sites around the state, Missouri has used this approach for over 50 years.

hogsnout

So put it in the corner of the state so everyone has to travel to the middle of nowhere that's a much better ideal.😥😥

WPWells

The people complaining about it not being in the center are the ones who want the advantage of it being in the central

30 miles from FS is not the middle of nowhere

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: Stewie on December 17, 2015, 04:56:43 pm
The people complaining about it not being in the center are the ones who want the advantage of it being in the central

Yes, that's the main reason, but also because its in the center of the state, meaning the most one has to travel is in the 3 hour range. Everybody wants it close to where they live, but the state tournament should always be played in the central region of the state.

WPWells

No it shouldn't. It should rotate around the state like what happens

ballmember

schools need to be able to show off their school and area of the state and if people dont want to go then stay home.  this is kinda like everyone wanting the Razorbacks to play some of their games in Little Rock, it is because a lot of the media is located there and they do not want to drive to nw arkansas.   Each school is unique. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Stewie on December 17, 2015, 04:56:43 pm

Yeah it is...just because you grew up there doesn't make it somewhere to thr rest of the state...for making a thread about n it being a big homer to charleston anymore, you sure arent doing a good job

Lrbasketballguru

compromise is not a very sought-after thing here on Fearless.

biglion1985

This is the way I see it. It doesn't matter where it's at it could be in the middle and people would still gripe about if you don't wanna go then stay at home just as simple as that

WPWells

30 miles from the second-biggest city in the state isn't the middle of nowhere.

biglion1985

I agree stewie I can't wait to see if we will start bidding on the state tournament

WPWells

cdelaney

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on December 17, 2015, 08:39:01 pm
compromise is not a very sought-after thing here on Fearless.
It can actually get you banned.

NEark tigers

It is....I can remember 2012 when Bulldog Nation played there. Great Hospitality!!

biglion1985

I went to school and graduated from manila

Head Lion

With all the tournaments going on, got me to thinking. Anyone know of definite "bidders" on each?

Head Lion

Ok everyone, who is bidding on what?

HorseFeathers

Hearing that two rivers is bidding on state

Basketballfan13

Valley Springs will be bidding to host state at NAC

drybones

I know they had regional last year, but is Manila bidding?

Head Lion

No, I think Hoxie is. So they can't say well y'all didn't have anyone bid. We may bid on baseball regional.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas