• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional & State Sites

Started by Head Lion, November 22, 2015, 07:57:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Anyone have an early indicator on who is bidding?

HorseFeathers

Wish Two Rivers Would....Terrible Drive For Everyone, Russellville has decent amount of Hotels....but they have a State Tournament Quality Facilities....and that would mean a state Tournament within 100 miles of my house...:D

Longfellow

HF, I have begged the superintendent to bid since last year. It makes much more sense than Cossatot River. More central location, much nicer facilities, and the nice people of 3A basketball would get the pleasure of hearing me announce the whole tournament. It's only 35 minutes from Russellville, so hotels aren't much of an issue. I would love to see us host it

Head Lion

Quote from: HF on November 22, 2015, 07:58:49 pm
Wish Two Rivers Would....Terrible Drive For Everyone, Russellville has decent amount of Hotels....but they have a State Tournament Quality Facilities....and that would mean a state Tournament within 100 miles of my house...:D
HF, with all the consolidation, I haven't kept up. Where is Two Rivers. Manila will not bid on either this year, but will bid on both I figure every year after this one for awhile. Our gym holds 2025, but looking to add 375-475 seats and a foyer area in new athletic complex on backside of gym.

Longfellow

I live 3 miles from the school and google maps says 182 miles from Manila. We are 35 minutes south of Russellville

Head Lion

Quote from: Longfellow on November 22, 2015, 08:16:26 pm
I live 3 miles from the school and google maps says 182 miles from Manila. We are 35 minutes south of Russellville
Thanks, not all that bad. Any place I can work out a trip to Oaklawn works for me👍👍

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Head Lion on November 22, 2015, 08:18:46 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on November 22, 2015, 08:16:26 pm
Thanks, not all that bad. Any place I can work out a trip to Oaklawn works for me👍👍

School is just outside of Plainview...

TheOfficial

I'm pretty sure Valley Springs is bidding on the state to be held at North Arkansas College.

Paperman

Of course they are! Anywhere has to be better than Cossatot River! No offense but that was the middle of nowhere

bobcats

Quote from: TheOfficial on November 22, 2015, 08:59:57 pm
I'm pretty sure Valley Springs is bidding on the state to be held at North Arkansas College.

I have heard that as well.  Also I hear Bergman will go after regionals.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Paperman on November 22, 2015, 09:46:16 pm
Of course they are! Anywhere has to be better than Cossatot River! No offense but that was the middle of nowhere

Cossatot River was insanely bad location to host a state. 

Black and Gold

I realize it may not be the greatest location, but Charleston hosted the best State Tournament I've ever seen.

Head Lion

Why don't they host at their school?

TheOfficial

Quote from: Head Lion on November 23, 2015, 07:12:03 am

The college is 5 miles up the road and has a much larger facility and a ton more parking.  Parking is very bad at Valley.

ballmember

Harrison would be a great location!!  So, it will probably not happen;  aint the movers and shakers that make this decision ; the majority now located in southern part of state.   Makes a lot of sense since not many folks live down that way.   No slam on southern arkansas schools but what about moving north. 

Head Lion

Quote from: TheOfficial on November 23, 2015, 08:49:46 am
Quote from: Head Lion on November 23, 2015, 07:12:03 am

The college is 5 miles up the road and has a much larger facility and a ton more parking.  Parking is very bad at Valley.
Gotcha, thanks.

Chicky

I didn't understand last year why the 3A and 1A state were 50 miles apart, and, nothing in the north.   It would be nice to have something, even if it is not my favorite classification to go watch without having to drive four hours.

Headhunter15

Why can't it just be at the Verizon center with regional sites being elsewhere? AAA makes it hard on themselves

ballmember

dont think little rock is the safest place to celebrate a state tournament appearance. 

Head Lion

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 24, 2015, 07:04:50 pm
Why can't it just be at the Verizon center with regional sites being elsewhere? AAA makes it hard on themselves
Jessieville or Two Rivers gets my vote

HorseFeathers

Verizon Center wants to much money

RTF

Quote from: Black and Gold on November 23, 2015, 07:03:06 am
I realize it may not be the greatest location, but Charleston hosted the best State Tournament I've ever seen.

And your not being biased at all are you? lol....

Lrbasketballguru

Can we have it at Bald Knob or a somewhat central location every year please? Absolutely no reason to have it not close to Little Rock, but I guess that's how it is in 3a.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on November 25, 2015, 10:20:25 am
Can we have it at Bald Knob or a somewhat central location every year please? Absolutely no reason to have it not close to Little Rock, but I guess that's how it is in 3a.

Has nothing to do with the 3A.  None of them have them centrally located.  It all has to do with whoever will give the AAA the most money.

WPWells

Yes, it's a brilliant idea for the centrally located teams to always have a distinct advantage

pioneers

I wouldn't mind it being at Harding or uca every year.

BoxNOne

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 25, 2015, 12:44:08 pm
Yes, it's a brilliant idea for the centrally located teams to always have a distinct advantage

+1 on this CHS

bobcats

Quote from: TheOfficial on November 25, 2015, 12:43:15 pm
Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on November 25, 2015, 10:20:25 am

Has nothing to do with the 3A.  None of them have them centrally located.  It all has to do with whoever will give the AAA the most money.

Also, the school that host, has to devote a ton of resources to run the tournament.  If you don't have at least one team in it you will not have any interest in being the host.  It is a lot of work.

Head Lion

I still go with Jessieville, ponies during the day and hoops at night. Plenty of hotels and restaurants in HS.

Head Lion

There is just nothing to do in Harrison and have very few places to eat, besides fast food. Nothing against the good people of Harrison.

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on November 25, 2015, 01:28:37 pm
There is just nothing to do in Harrison and have very few places to eat, besides fast food. Nothing against the good people of Harrison.

Branson is as close to Harrison as Jonesboro is to Manila or Hot springs is to Jessieville.  In March you can get a 2 bedroom condo for the price of a hotel in Hot Springs or Jonesboro.  There are more places to eat and things to do in Branson than there are in Hot Springs and Jonesboro combined.

teachers pet

Why spend Arkansas money in Missouri instead of putting back in our own state economy.

WPWells

I am not sure you understand economics

teachers pet

I'm not sure you understand much of anything.

bobcats

Because I like visiting there.  No one has mentioned the real downside to Harrison.... The weather!!!  Snow and ice are far more likely than central and south.

WPWells

I'm an economics minor. Try again with the insults #Newb

teachers pet

I'm  impressed. Anybody else? By the way, you started the insults, of course you are from Charleston.

BigLion10

November 25, 2015, 02:14:09 pm #37 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:16:11 pm by BigLion10
Harrison really? Why not it's a pretty good place close to Branson a lot better than way down south

WPWells

Actually Econ is pretty tough. I'm glad you're impressed because we're the ones that keep goobers like you who don't understand from losing everyone else's money

Head Lion

Quote from: bobcats on November 25, 2015, 01:44:52 pm

Branson is as close to Harrison as Jonesboro is to Manila or Hot springs is to Jessieville.  In March you can get a 2 bedroom condo for the price of a hotel in Hot Springs or Jonesboro.  There are more places to eat and things to do in Branson than there are in Hot Springs and Jonesboro combined.
Bobcats, now you know Branson is for grandmas & grandpas.

teachers pet

If you're going to  make a statement, make it intelligible instead of mixing words together. Goobers, loosing money, etc. Are you on something?

WPWells

Sorry you don't understand the English language. I believe you mean "losing" rather than "loosing." I'm not sure what part of my statement wasn't clear, either. I stated that you are a goober who doesn't understand economics and therefore should not bash those of us who do understand and therefore keep you from losing money.

teachers pet

You have nothing to do with me or my economics. Go back and crawl under whatever rock you came out from. If you're offended because people have different opinions than you then maybe you should think twice about posting on a site that encourages opinions. That's my OPINION!

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on November 25, 2015, 02:22:29 pm

Head Lion, that is true in the fall, in the spring and summer it is full of families.  Early March is still off season, so it will not be crowded like other times of the year.

Head Lion

Quote from: bobcats on November 25, 2015, 03:05:10 pm

Head Lion, that is true in the fall, in the spring and summer it is full of families.  Early March is still off season, so it will not be crowded like other times of the year.
Take care and best of luck to Coach Hargrove and the Bobcats.

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on November 25, 2015, 03:07:18 pm
Quote from: bobcats on November 25, 2015, 03:05:10 pm

Take care and best of luck to Coach Hargrove and the Bobcats.

Thank you but I am with Coach Drennan and the Marshall Bobccats.  See you at regionals.  By the way, thank you for your compliments of Coach Drennan.  He is only 28 and is getting better every season.

WPWells

I've been here for years. I'm not offended. If you get offended when someone tells you that you're wrong then a message board isn't the best place for you.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: Head Lion on November 24, 2015, 08:04:44 pm
Jessieville or Two Rivers gets my vote

This.

Black and Gold

That's my OPINION!
[/quote]
No one cares

HorseFeathers

November 25, 2015, 05:30:10 pm #49 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:48:08 pm by HF
Why must every thread on fearlessfriday break Down into a peeing match.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas