• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lincoln @ Charleston 11/17

Started by BigMan15, November 14, 2015, 12:29:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Jr and Sr high Tuesday night everybody come out and support all 4 of our teams.

#EagleStrong

I think Charleston takes this even without their football players. I saw Lincoln over the summer and they look pretty weak without Goldman. Fenner and Ward will be too much for them.

fbisgreat

I was told the game was at Lincoln

BigMan15

It got moved to Charleston 2 days ago

ChucktownTiger

Charleston Looked GOOD. Fenner had a good game, Ward looked good. He just keeps getting better. Haney had some good minutes and Gerlick played great D and had some big rebounds. Jared Hunter was a surprise to me. He had a good game, he gets after it. Great start to the season.

WPWells

Jared Hunter playing well is a testament to coaching. Jared is a great kid, though. He, Haney, and my little brother call themselves the musketeers, and I was really close to his brother when we were in school. His brother is going into the ministry

BigMan15

honestly I thought Ward besides the two dunks it was pretty rough. he missed numerous shot and layups at the rim. I hope he was just nervous and plays much better against Pottsville. Haney looked good didn't force nothing shot well handled the ball well. Hunter played well. the kid has a lot of heart. Wade played hard like I knew he would. Great rebounder and also a underrated shooter.

WPWells

WPWells

His family has made physical moves each time

#EagleStrong

Both moves were legitimate, with a physical change of residence each time.

chuckBB

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 18, 2015, 09:26:10 am
honestly I thought Ward besides the two dunks it was pretty rough. he missed numerous shot and layups at the rim. I hope he was just nervous and plays much better against Pottsville. Haney looked good didn't force nothing shot well handled the ball well. Hunter played well. the kid has a lot of heart. Wade played hard like I knew he would. Great rebounder and also a underrated shooter.

Everyone here knows you are Fenner's dad and yet you openly critizes some team players when you have no clue about basketball? Fenner might have put scores up but he still needs to work on defense big time.  He would been fouled out at first quarter for charging if officials were pay attention. You are only going to hurt Charleston basketball team if you keep on running your mouth, sir.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: XTIGER on November 18, 2015, 09:52:46 am
I have no dog in the fight, just seemed kind of fishy.  Ive always said BJ Ross knows how to recruit

That's what happens when you WIN, have top notch facility's, a winning tradition and a great academic school. If you build it they will come. Call it recruiting if you want, most kids just wanna be winners.

ChucktownTiger

November 18, 2015, 12:36:01 pm #12 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:47:45 pm by ChucktownTiger

Ward played good no question. He was maybe a little rusty but who wasn't. Something that is frustrating is a player standing with his arms out after going up and not getting a call. Meanwhile the ball is headed down the court. I saw this several times!!!! That stuff works at Paris but not Charleston. If you wanna bring out the fine tooth comb on a good performance by ward then lets bring it out on everyone.

WPWells

#EagleStrong

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 18, 2015, 12:36:01 pm

Ward played good no question. He was maybe a little rusty but who wasn't. Something that is frustrating is a player standing with his arms out after going up and not getting a call. Meanwhile the ball is headed down the court. I saw this several times!!!! That stuff works at Paris but Charleston is no Paris. If you wanna bring out the fine tooth comb on a good performance by ward then lets bring it out on everyone.

Obvious troll is obvious.

The Dynasty

Quote from: #EagleStrong on November 18, 2015, 12:38:25 pm
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 18, 2015, 12:36:01 pm

Ward played good no question. He was maybe a little rusty but who wasn't. Something that is frustrating is a player standing with his arms out after going up and not getting a call. Meanwhile the ball is headed down the court. I saw this several times!!!! That stuff works at Paris but Charleston is no Paris. If you wanna bring out the fine tooth comb on a good performance by ward then lets bring it out on everyone.

Obvious troll is obvious.

This must have come straight from the department of redundancy department....

#EagleStrong

It's an Internet meme. Get with the times yo.

The Dynasty

Quote from: #EagleStrong on November 18, 2015, 01:29:51 pm
It's an Internet meme. Get with the times yo.

I wore a man bun 5 years before it was cool. Times just now catching up with me brah.

adaptedtigerfan

Man buns still aren't cool bro. 

The Dynasty

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 18, 2015, 02:28:56 pm
Man buns still aren't cool bro.

If you are waiting for them to get to CL then you would be correct. I noticed the the peeps down there are just now wearing wind suits.

BigMan15

Look guys you are misreading my context here. I have seen Ward all summer and know what's he capable of so what I call rusty or rough doesn't mean he's bad. The kid is good and I expect 20/10 type of games from him. Not sure why I would get personal attacks saying I know nothing about basketball but I guess it comes with the territory. I expect this team to compete for state this year and if the ball bounces the right way win state...GO TIGERS!!!!

#EagleStrong

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 18, 2015, 03:03:43 pm
Look guys you are misreading my context here. I have seen Ward all summer and know what's he capable of so what I call rusty or rough doesn't mean he's bad. The kid is good and I expect 20/10 type of games from him. Not sure why I would get personal attacks saying I know nothing about basketball but I guess it comes with the territory. I expect this team to compete for state this year and if the ball bounces the right way win state...GO TIGERS!!!!

I read your comment as Ward not playing up to his potential in that game, not an insult.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: #EagleStrong on November 18, 2015, 03:33:23 pm

I read your comment as Ward not playing up to his potential in that game, not an insult.

Thanks for your verification Eagle

chuckBB

Look guys you are misreading my context here. I have seen Ward all summer and know what's he capable of so what I call rusty or rough doesn't mean he's bad. The kid is good and I expect 20/10 type of games from him. Not sure why I would get personal attacks saying I know nothing about basketball but I guess it comes with the territory. I expect this team to compete for state this year and if the ball bounces the right way win state...GO TIGERS

Maybe because you live with him.

WPWells

Uhhhhh what? Who lives with whom?

BigMan15

Quote from: chuckBB on November 19, 2015, 09:10:19 am
Look guys you are misreading my context here. I have seen Ward all summer and know what's he capable of so what I call rusty or rough doesn't mean he's bad. The kid is good and I expect 20/10 type of games from him. Not sure why I would get personal attacks saying I know nothing about basketball but I guess it comes with the territory. I expect this team to compete for state this year and if the ball bounces the right way win state...GO TIGERS

Maybe because you live with him.
lol..that's funny

WPWells

If chuckBB is insinuating that #EagleStrong is a member of the Fenner family then he/she is wayyyyyyy off base. I know who EagleStrong is, and I can assure you he is not a member of that family. Let's not embarrass Charleston with a rash of absurd statements.

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 19, 2015, 09:51:22 am
If chuckBB is insinuating that #EagleStrong is a member of the Fenner family then he/she is wayyyyyyy off base. I know who EagleStrong is, and I can assure you he is not a member of that family. Let's not embarrass Charleston with a rash of absurd statements.
He's just trying to start stuff up. I guess he's bored and got nothing to do. Although I truly do wish EagleStrong was at Charleston. Esp since we aren't liked here it would give us a great friend which is needed right now. over the last couple of days I've done a lot of thinking and I hope that something changes here.

chuckBB

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 19, 2015, 10:10:00 am
He's just trying to start stuff up. I guess he's bored and got nothing to do. Although I truly do wish EagleStrong was at Charleston. Esp since we aren't liked here it would give us a great friend which is needed right now. over the last couple of days I've done a lot of thinking and I hope that something changes here.
I am sure Paris will have you back.

WPWells

Quote from: chuckBB on November 19, 2015, 12:56:46 pm
Quote from: BigMan15 on November 19, 2015, 10:10:00 am
I am sure Paris will have you back.

No reason for this. I've had my share of disagreements with BigMan in the past, but he's in Charleston now. If you're such a fan of Charleston basketball, stop these kinds of posts.

adaptedtigerfan

This is about 9 kinds of ridiculous.  Why does a Charleston guy have any reason to bash Bigman

#EagleStrong

We still have a lot of love for Brandon and Jordan here in Paris, and we're hoping that they, and Charleston, have a lot of success as long as they are there. The Fenner family will deliver a lot of success for you guys over in Chucktown, just remember that. Every day other than the ones we play each other, I'll be wishing success for Charleston this season.

cl line

Lol, maybe, maybe chuckBB is one of several that tried to help,haul,support, root, and encourage them to just be "not thanked" . Lots herd the rumors, "why shouldn't my son be taking shots over Matt ward". AWSOME, cost ward, Fenner, and the team a championship. As for eagle strong, I'm sure it's either the same person as big man OR its just he is from Paris. Lol

BigMan15

CL stay on 1A boards big boys are talking

#EagleStrong

How is it that every thread involving Charleston eventually devolves into some weird internet flame war?

You guys really aren't doing Charleston any favors by getting on here and acting like that. I know that's not representative of the Tiger fan base. BigMan commented that Ward didn't play up to his potential. Not an insult, just an observation, albeit a critical one. I can do it to. Our big man, Gage Hampton didn't play to his potential against Dardanelle, not even close. In fact his lackluster performance, only six points, was one of the big, but not the only, reasons we lost. I'm not insulting Gage when I say that, I'm just indicating that he's capable of more than he showed that night. How is BigMan saying he thinks Ward is capable of 20 point-10 rebound games an insult?

This bickering is pointless and childish, and moreover it's infighting in your own fan base. Even as a Paris fan I've stood up for Charleston when people on here slighted them. I have a lot of respect for many Charleston fans and posters like 12thMan and BigMan among many others. I try to foster good relationships with fan bases across the conference because I enjoy camaraderie far more than contempt. There's really no reason for me to comment on this subject apart from the fact that I got to know the Fenner family well last year, think highly of the Ward family, and just don't like to see a fan base in the conference enduring such a senseless schism. I hope that you can all put aside any differences you may have had in the past and come together to support a team of young men that is trying to represent your school and community in the way in so richly deserves.

cl line

Re: 3A-4 next year!!
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2015, 02:56:53 pm »
Quote from: cl line on November 10, 2015, 01:50:47 pm
ward--6'5 very long arms, big hands..moves good, this is why he was at the top of the defense 1-3-1...you cant shoot over him, but gives space due to his length...Ward is an exceptional defender! Kitty you got it.as for the great 10th grader, I was told he does play football..kitty wins again!

Very awkward at times and tends to fall for fakes. Fenner scores on him inside and outside.

Read above...I forgive you eagle strong, gotta be from Logan county. NO one is good enough, no one should take THE shot but his son, .. It's not the kids, it's bigman, 15 is a stud!!! Everyone knows it, people in charelston know it! A lot of time and a lot of people's time was wasted because Mathew was good and older. I think Fenner is going to be better by 12th grade, it's ashame he don't have a championship already. BUT that was wards fault for being to good for big man... Great game b Fenner, YOUR hard work has got you here, nobody else

BigMan15

ur not the problem CL. Honestly I don't have anything against you but somehow you have a problem with me. I doubt you even know me but judge me please!!! I'm very hard on my kids as far as basketball because I want them to have a success in life!! And as far as going to Paris you obviously have no clue what actually happened. Sounds like you assumed!! My sons both strive to get better everyday countless hours in the gym so if there's a problem with me then contact me don't take that out on my kids. 479-847-6757

fbisgreat

I was at this game and yes Fenner had a great game i was expecting him to take a lot of 3 point shots.But he took his man to the hole all night long for lay ups.Ward played pretty good he missed a few shots but everyboby did.He had 2 great dunks and 16-18 points so i say good nights work . don't no that much about BB but overall they looked pretty good.

cl line

Nice re-post under ANOTHER alias... Either way, them boys are GREAT! Never said anything about them!!! Hard workers that put the time in!! My suggestion would be to stay off of FF, stay at charelston " GREAT community" , let the boys game do the talking, it's good enough!  I don't need a #, I have it already. I do hope you will delete that message so others won't bother you!

fbisgreat

I;m not sure your saying i'm big man with my post but i'm not.

Nip/Tusk

How did Lincoln look?

I follow the 1-4a and wasn't thinking they'd have much. Surprised to see them play y'all close.

fbisgreat

Lincoln hit 15 3 's to keep it close they can shoot pretty good .But overall not very good.

Kitty01

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas