• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A West in 2015-2016

Started by beach bum, November 10, 2015, 08:43:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Any posters on here for the conference? I know West Fork is always solid. Does Haas Hall return their main scorer? I know he was a smooth player. Maybe the conference gains a little strength to at least put up a good fight against the incredibly deep and strong 4-3A.

BigCatMan

The Hass Hall boy graduated so they will be down this year for sure. Greenland should contend with self's size and some athletic guards. Elkins and Cedarville should still be down some. I think that Mansfield and Lavaca could be pretty good. West Fork should be solid again and should win the conference due to their 2 bigs and top scorer from year. Maybe WF or Greenland can compete with some the 4-A but that will not be know until regionals.

beach bum

November 11, 2015, 08:02:14 pm #2 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:03:45 pm by beach bum
That's what I was kind of thinking.... I imagine the conference kind of fits into pods like this.

FAVORITE: West Fork (Coach Ferrell established tradition and you still see it to this day, that town just simply has tradition to even field decent teams after his departure)

KNOCKING ON THE DOOR: Greenland (same with Greenland, they always seem to field at least a respectable team and they have some athletes currently to give West Fork a scare)

MIDDLE OF THE PACK: Haas Hall, Lavaca, and Mansfield (Haas Hall is ultimately up in the air. With it being a charter school they could have some new faces really shine. You never know with them. Their academics attracts exceptional kids.)

NEAR THE BOTTOM BUT VERY EASILY COULD MOVE UP THE LADDER: Elkins and Cedarville (Elkins has been down lately and seem to stay that way. Cedarville has some talent in that school but will be young. They have a very good coach with a proven track record. He has done very well there and should help keep them in games in this particular conference and a shot a regionals. Overall, any of these 7 could ultimately snag a regional spot when it comes down to it with very little separation between the 2 through 7 seeds)

Refreshing

Depending on the info I've heard being true  this is my standings.

1. West Fork (if they return the big two from last year, heard one of then may not be able to play).
2.Lavaca great young shooters and their coach always has them playing hard.
3.Greenland returning several good players and another good coach.
4.Elkins I think they are really young but talented team.(believe theirs only like 2 maybe 3 seniors and only 1 of them has any real playong experince). Heard they got a new coach, so they could be on the rise.
5.Mansfield lost several of their main guys last year, believe they are returning a pretty good guard and several experienced players to support him.
6.Cedarville has some Alma transfer to go along with 2 or 3 returning players.
7.H. Hall lost their two main guys who was everything for them. Did hear they got a new basketball coach too.

Refreshing

Spelling is terrible, but I believe the top two are a lock with first going to either greenland or west fork, but everyone else depending on how things come together could go anyway.

beach bum

Saw where Cedarville beat Prairie Grove by 2 on Saturday..... Cedarville should be just fine in this league this year. Of course, that isn't even close to what PG will look like in January or February.

TopFan007

Quote from: Refreshing on November 14, 2015, 05:43:43 pm
Depending on the info I've heard being true  this is my standings.

1. West Fork (if they return the big two from last year, heard one of then may not be able to play).
2.Lavaca great young shooters and their coach always has them playing hard.
3.Greenland returning several good players and another good coach.
4.Elkins I think they are really young but talented team.(believe theirs only like 2 maybe 3 seniors and only 1 of them has any real playong experince). Heard they got a new coach, so they could be on the rise.
5.Mansfield lost several of their main guys last year, believe they are returning a pretty good guard and several experienced players to support him.
6.Cedarville has some Alma transfer to go along with 2 or 3 returning players.
7.H. Hall lost their two main guys who was everything for them. Did hear they got a new basketball coach too.

What is going on with one of them? I did not see him at one of their games earlier this year.

beach bum

December 07, 2015, 11:14:03 pm #7 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:25:50 pm by beach bum
Conference schedule (BOYS AND GIRLS)

12/15                         12/18                             1/5
Cedarville vs. West Fork   Lavaca vs. Cedarville      West Fork vs. Greenland
Mansfield vs.Greenland    Elkins vs. Mansfield         Mansfield vs. Cedarville
Elkins vs. Haas Hall         Haas Hall vs. Greenland   Lavaca vs. Elkins

1/8                             1/12                          1/15
Haas Hall vs. Cedarville   Greenland vs. Elkins         Haas Hall vs. West Fork
West Fork vs. Elkins       Haas Hall vs. Mansfield     Mansfield vs. Lavaca
Lavaca vs. Greenland     West Fork vs. Lavaca       Cedarville vs. Elkins??

1/19                            1/22                         1/26
Mansfield vs. West Fork   West Fork vs. Cedarville   Mansfield vs. Elkins
Greenland vs. Cedarville   Mansfield vs. Greenland   Haas Hall vs. Greenland
Lavaca vs. Haas Hall       Haas Hall vs. Elkins         Cedarville vs. Lavaca

1/29                          2/2                            2/5
Greenland vs. West Fork   Cedarville vs. Haas Hall   Lavaca vs. West Fork
Lavaca vs. Elkins             Greenland vs. Lavaca     Mansfield vs. Haas Hall
Cedarville vs. Mansfield     West Fork vs. Elkins       Greenland vs. Elkins

2/9                           2/12
West Fork vs. Haas Hall    West Fork vs. Mansfield
Lavaca vs. Mansfield        Cedarville vs. Greenland
Cedarville vs. Elkins??       Haas Hall vs. Lavaca