• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Boys Basketball Top 16 Poll, Week 1

Started by #EagleStrong, November 09, 2015, 12:09:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#EagleStrong

November 09, 2015, 12:09:00 pm Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:55:56 am by #EagleStrong
Ok, trying something new for the poll to prevent the anomalies from the last one.

I'll keep a Top 16 as the season progresses.

I strongly recommend for this that you decide on your top 16 before taking the survey, then just filling it in rather than taking the survey from scratch. You can avoid mistakes, like repeating teams, better that way.

I also recommend. That you discuss the teams here before deciding to be as well informed as you can before settling on your top 16. For future polls, I'll post the previous week's results on the page, as well as any notable results.

This first poll is simply here to take into account the early results from the non-football schools. Football schools begin play this week.

VOTING CLOSED

Fearless Friday Community Top 16
1. Episcopal Collegiate Wildcats
2. Cedar Ridge Timberwolves
3. Marshall Bobcats
4. Jessieville Lions
5. Valley Springs Tigers
6. Charleston Tigers
7. Two Rivers Gators
8. Harding Academy Wildcats
9. Paris Eagles
10. Centerpoint Knights
11. Osceola Seminoles
12. Manila Lions
13. Cotter Warriors
14. Rivercrest Colts
15. West Fork Tigers
16. Atkins Red Devils

# of Teams by Conference
1-West: 1 (West Fork)
1-East: 3 (Marshall, Valley Springs, Cotter)
2: 2 (Cedar Ridge, Harding Academy)
3: 3 (Manila, Osceola, Rivercrest)
4: 4 (Charleston, Two Rivers, Paris, Atkins)
5: 2 (Episcopal Collegiate, Jessieville)
7: 1 (Centerpoint)
8: 0

WPWells

I'll vote later in the season when some results flow in.

#EagleStrong

This one is sort of just to take into account the early results from the non-football schools. Flippin's stock has gone down, and Cotter's stock has gone up. I'd just like a baseline for when this week's results start coming in.

#EagleStrong

Head Lion

Not much love for the 3A3, like I have said you better get the Lions while you can. Sophs combined for 51 of 76 points in win vs BIC last night, with Bradey Woodall having 23.

Head Lion

Manila is at Cedar Ridge next Tuesday night 11/24

biglion1985

Our game at cedar ridge is gonna be a tough one

Paperman

Your young Lions look pretty good Manila fans! They are just going to get better!

3 Dollar

Quote from: #EagleStrong on November 09, 2015, 12:09:00 pm
Ok, trying something new for the poll to prevent the anomalies from the last one.

I strongly recommend for this that you decide on your top 16 before taking the survey, then just filling it in rather than taking the survey from scratch. You can avoid mistakes, like repeating teams, better that way.

I also recommend. That you discuss the teams here before deciding to be as well informed as you can before settling on your top 16. For future polls, I'll post the previous week's results on the page, as well as any notable results.

This first poll is simply here to take into account the early results from the non-football schools. Football schools begin play this week.

VOTING CLOSED

3. Marshall Bobcats
4. Jessieville Lions
5. Valley Springs Tigers
6. Charleston Tigers
7. Two Rivers Gators
9. Paris Eagles
10. Centerpoint Knights
11. Osceola Seminoles
12. Manila Lions
13. Cotter Warriors
14. Rivercrest Colts
15. West Fork Tigers
16. Atkins Red Devils

# of Teams by Conference

This poll has got to be a joke or sarcastic?

WPWells

Quote from: 3 Dollar on December 03, 2015, 07:40:45 am

VOTING CLOSED

3. Marshall Bobcats
4. Jessieville Lions
5. Valley Springs Tigers
6. Charleston Tigers
7. Two Rivers Gators
9. Paris Eagles
10. Centerpoint Knights
11. Osceola Seminoles
12. Manila Lions
13. Cotter Warriors
14. Rivercrest Colts
15. West Fork Tigers
16. Atkins Red Devils

# of Teams by Conference

Why do you say that?

RedWolf275

Harding Academy beat BIC 62-60 on the road tonight

WPWells

Head Lion

WPWells

bobcats

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 03, 2015, 10:27:33 pm
Yes, 72-57 to Emerson

Got down 34-11 to start then battled all the way back to tie early in the 4th but ran out of gas at that point.  Coach Drennan is young and learned a valuable lesson.  Don't travel 240 miles in a school bus and expect your team to get off the bus and be ready to compete against a really good team on their home court.  In his defense they were supposed to play Taylor which is not that strong but the opponent got switched a couple months ago.  They are currently back on the bus traveling to Monticello which is a couple hours away.  I hope they get a good nights rest before tomorrow nights game with Drew Central.

WPWells

I totally understand the travel difficulties. Marshall is no doubt top 5

BigMan15

WPWells

3 Dollar

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 03, 2015, 10:04:29 am
Quote from: 3 Dollar on December 03, 2015, 07:40:45 am

VOTING CLOSED

3. Marshall Bobcats
4. Jessieville Lions
5. Valley Springs Tigers
6. Charleston Tigers
7. Two Rivers Gators
9. Paris Eagles
10. Centerpoint Knights
11. Osceola Seminoles
12. Manila Lions
13. Cotter Warriors
14. Rivercrest Colts
15. West Fork Tigers
16. Atkins Red Devils

# of Teams by Conference

Why do you say that?

Any poll the begins with the word "top" and has Atkins (boys basketball) as a ranked team, has to be a joke.

WPWells

Apparently you're clueless about Atkins this year

NWA Hawg

Quote from: bobcats on December 03, 2015, 10:55:49 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 03, 2015, 10:27:33 pm
Yes, 72-57 to Emerson

Got down 34-11 to start then battled all the way back to tie early in the 4th but ran out of gas at that point.  Coach Drennan is young and learned a valuable lesson.  Don't travel 240 miles in a school bus and expect your team to get off the bus and be ready to compete against a really good team on their home court.  In his defense they were supposed to play Taylor which is not that strong but the opponent got switched a couple months ago.  They are currently back on the bus traveling to Monticello which is a couple hours away.  I hope they get a good nights rest before tomorrow nights game with Drew Central.

I thought it was a great decision by Coach Drennan. If you are going to take a 240 mile trip you take it to play good quality opponents like Emerson, Mcgehee, and Drew Central. This trip, win or lose, will give them the experience they need when it comes regional and state time when they play teams with similar speed such as Rivercrest.

athletic supporter

Atkins beat Dardanelle on Friday night at home then turned around yesterday and beat Pulaski Robinson.

BigMan15

From what I heard Pulaski had some starters miss the bus but I will tell u Atkins will be good this year. They got a kid from Russellville that's a great defender and solid player.

Knight pride

teachers pet

Paperman

I don't think the Colts are a top 16 team just yet!

WPWells

Y'all may think I'm crazy/a homer, but I have Charleston #1 this week

WPWells

Well ECS went 1-2 this week (both losses to bigger schools but still) while Charleston went 5-0 over the course of 8 days

neds

No argument from me. Episcopal isn't the best team in 3A and Charleston is playing like they are. It's early , but it's obvious right now also.

ProudMary

Not sure who is the best team, however, Reaves is the best player!!!

bdog32

I believe CR went 4-0 this week over 5 days and won the LYON college tournament.  The hogs even showed up to watch him

BigMan15

I have Charleston #2 this week but closing in.

neds

BigMan15

BigMan15

I can't believe that someone from our conference thinks Charleston can't compete for state. #Sorelosers

cdelaney

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 14, 2015, 12:23:55 am
I can't believe that someone from our conference thinks Charleston can't compete for state. #Sorelosers
Who is that?

Anyway, ECS has lost to teams that I am not sure anyone else in 3A would beat. They also have beaten a 3A team that is probably a Top 5 team. So I will leave them #1 for now, until someone else proves otherwise by beating them.
As I have said before, they are not going to be dominant like last year,

cdelaney

Quote from: Stewie on December 13, 2015, 02:39:04 pm
Y'all may think I'm crazy/a homer, but I have Charleston #1 this week
Who would ever think you were crazy/ a homer Stewie? There used to be a 3rd person posting Chuck poster who fit that description, but he's gone now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas