• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

.Manila

Started by Head Lion, October 18, 2015, 09:43:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Might as well get this started. We return 2 starters from Regional championship team, as well as 7 of our top 10. Move up a strong group of freshman and had 4 Move ins. 2 of the move ins were just what the Dr ordered, a couple of post players to go with all our guards. At the end of the season will move up 2 of the best freshman in NEA. I think we may be one year from a very deep run, Better get us while you can. The pipeline is loaded & done gave out 80 applications for next years school choice.

Paperman

Sounds like things are going your way Head Lion! Should be a fun season!

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on October 18, 2015, 09:43:30 am
Might as well get this started. We return 2 starters from Regional championship team, as well as 7 of our top 10. Move up a strong group of freshman and had 4 Move ins. 2 of the move ins were just what the Dr ordered, a couple of post players to go with all our guards. At the end of the season will move up 2 of the best freshman in NEA. I think we may be one year from a very deep run, Better get us while you can. The pipeline is loaded & done gave out 80 applications for next years school choice.
Looks like ya'll be headed to 4A soon sir..lol ;D 8)

Missco

Could be fun in 4A the possibility exsists of Blytheville,Gosnell, Rivercrest, and Manila all being 4A.

pioneers

Quote from: ISU7 on October 26, 2015, 02:08:14 pm
We get the pleasure of playing them all next year as well as rivercrest with the new way conference games will be played.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on October 26, 2015, 02:08:14 pm
we ain't going nowhere!

Baller_34

Looks like the basketball team will delayed by a week or two due to playoffs in football. Unfamiliar territory for Lion fans, do u think it will hurt them any?

Head Lion

Could hurt some early, Sr QB Jake Helton will be a starter at the 4 spot. 6'4" Jr move in Marcos Flores will see plenty of time in the post. I figure coach will use early part of season to build depth there, because the stable is loaded with guards.

Eagle20

Sounds like you are going to have 15 that can play so there will be some unhappy players.  7 returners, 4 move-ins and 4 great freshmen moving up.  Who gets left out?

Moonshiner

How do you get lucky enough to get 4 transfers that can play? 

Longfellow

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 28, 2015, 09:01:04 am
Ask Danville

Head Lion

Quote from: Eagle20 on October 27, 2015, 11:04:09 pm
Sounds like you are going to have 15 that can play so there will be some unhappy players.  7 returners, 4 move-ins and 4 great freshmen moving up.  Who gets left out?
Coach Wimberley played 12 kids every game of district, regionals and state last year.

Head Lion

One came from Osceola and the other 3 were old Manila connections coming back to work at new steel mill.

Paperman

The Osceola transfer has not played basketball since junior high! Has height! Another from Bama is the grandson of the Osceola Mayor! They are going to help what will be a young Lions squad!

NEark tigers

One question:  Will Manila put the Nation (Earle) back on its schedule for old time's sake?

cdelaney

Quote from: NEark tigers on October 30, 2015, 12:01:36 pm
One question:  Will Manila put the Nation (Earle) back on its schedule for old time's sake?
There you go with the "Nation" thing again. Too funny. You're making my sides hurt so stop it.

pioneers

I wish they would the atmospheres for those games are electric.

Head Lion

Coach Murray still having nightmares over Brady Jones & Scott Eubanks. The Nation does not want anything to do with Lions we growing now!

biglion1985

I wish we would put earle back on the schedule I would love to watch both teams play again it was great atmospheres during each game make it happen

Paperman

Don't see it happening unless it could be at a neutral site! Too many breaking at Earle!

Head Lion

Lions are 3-0 after win yesterday in Rector Classic, far from midseason form. Football post players still trying to get the FB out & in basketball condition. Tough road trip to Cedar Tuesday night.

neds

Any truth to the rumor on Earle dropping down to 1A?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on October 28, 2015, 10:04:29 am
Ask Danville

Better Known as the Former Yell County All-Star Squad...

Head Lion

Quote from: neds on November 22, 2015, 07:37:13 pm
Long time no hear Ned's. From what I know they are losing kids at a pretty fast rate, but feel like they will always have FB & declare 2A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Head Lion on November 22, 2015, 07:52:47 pm
Long time no hear Ned's. From what I know they are losing kids at a pretty fast rate, but feel like they will always have FB & declare 2A.

Actually the football thing no longer matters after this year...

Head Lion

Quote from: HF on November 22, 2015, 07:53:48 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on November 22, 2015, 07:52:47 pm
Thx HF, I figure a couple cycles then. Just a good guess tho.

Actually the football thing no longer matters after this year...

HorseFeathers

I know this is a manila thread.....but why is Earle shrinking like they are?

Head Lion

HF, not to throw stones at our fellow conference member, typical Delta situation with no jobs & when fuel got expensive most starting living closer to work. Just conjecture, but school is or close to financial & educational distress. Still much respect for Earle hoops.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on November 22, 2015, 06:05:45 pm
Lions are 3-0 after win yesterday in Rector Classic, far from midseason form. Football post players still trying to get the FB out & in basketball condition. Tough road trip to Cedar Tuesday night.

HL, who did Manila play at Rector? Didn't see it in the paper.

Head Lion

Rector, played terrible. A lot of factors, but I know the kids know who is on the schedule tomorrow night. Road wins are getting to be impossible at small schools because of officiating, but our kids were looking ahead I believe.

RedWolf275

When does Manila play again?

Head Lion

Tonight at CRA & Friday at Ridgefield Christian. Time to get FB kids plenty of minutes & tune up for the grind.

Head Lion

Tonight at CRA & Friday at Ridgefield Christian. Time to get FB kids plenty of minutes & tune up for the grind.

Radiotalker

RedWolf275

Everybody will get plenty of playing time against those teams.

Head Lion

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 01, 2015, 03:59:45 pm
Everybody will get plenty of playing time against those teams.
i know, kinda like playing Osceola in baseball.😜😜

Head Lion

Clock runner in both jr hi & sr hi.

Head Lion

Young Lions are 6-1, with lone loss by 3 at Cedar Ridge. Schedule has been a little softer early because of youth. Play Gosnell in Jennings Thursday & if win prolly get a very strong 5A Valley View team Saturday night. VV lost to Jonesboro by 3 just last week at JHS.

Head Lion

Goes to 9-2 overall and 2-0 in conference with a 17 pt road win at Corning. Quick turnaround with Riverside in NEA tomorrow at 430.

Baller_34

Watch out!! Riverside might sneak up on ya!!

Head Lion

Manila 10-2 overall, losses to Cedar Ridge & Gosnell(Jennings tournament champs), 2-0 in conference.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Head Lion on December 20, 2015, 02:53:28 pm
Manila 10-2 overall, losses to Cedar Ridge & Gosnell(Jennings tournament champs), 2-0 in conference.

who are the wins? I see you note the losses but nothing on who you beat.

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 20, 2015, 04:26:52 pm

so much hate and envy Radio, that cancer is going to eat you up.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Head Lion on December 20, 2015, 04:51:21 pm

Hate is a strong word....I don't hate anyone. Envy? You made me laugh.

I just asked a simple question. why are you so sensitive?

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 20, 2015, 04:59:25 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on December 20, 2015, 04:51:21 pm

Hate is a strong word....I don't hate anyone. Envy? You made me laugh.

I just asked a simple question. why are you so sensitive?
Because every word you speak about Manila is negative, believe me Osceola is an EASY target to throw darts at. When we are not playing I always pull for our county teams to do well, unless it affects us negatively in conference standings.

Missco

Lol, Radio thinks negative about every school in Mississippi county but Osceola and maybe Blytheville. Every school in this state would be better off with 100 Head Lions. He love Manila and does a lot for the kids. I also root for all schools in the county. We are all in the same boat. Everyone thumbs their noses at Missco schools. Manila has better test scores than anybody in their conference. Gosnell has the second highest in their conference. Armorel is either one or two in theirs. Rivercrest also does well. Every school in Mississippi county does well in athletics most years. In our bad years all of the schools do better than average. I can't remember the last time any of the schools had a losing season other than Blytheville had one in 2013-14 for the first time maybe ever. I am sure Armorel has had a few but regardless we have good athletic programs and most do better academically than given credit for.

ISU7

Is this about basketball or Jeopardy. My goodness. All these schools claim to be powerhouses,  but what team has been more consistent in the past years in football and basketball even won state title in both but isn't always on here claiming to be a dynasty.  8)

Missco

Rivercrest no doubt is the best football program in Missco. Hands down. Osceola has more titles but a lower winning % by far. The seventies and 80.s put them way down the road. Rivercrest is in  the same boat in basketball as far as winning %.

luxora4life

Quote from: ISU7 on December 21, 2015, 06:22:23 pm
Is this about basketball or Jeopardy. My goodness. All these schools claim to be powerhouses,  but what team has been more consistent in the past years in football and basketball even won state title in both but isn't always on here claiming to be a dynasty.  8)

The answer would be:  Who is Rivercrest.  I'll take..... the best player in the conference for 300 Alex.

ISU7

Quote from: Missco on December 21, 2015, 08:56:47 pm
Rivercrest no doubt is the best football program in Missco. Hands down. Osceola has more titles but a lower winning % by far. The seventies and 80.s put them way down the road. Rivercrest is in  the same boat in basketball as far as winning %.
RC and Osc has two state  titles in football, RC has 27 conf championships ,Osc 23 con Championship, so yo talking about bb right? 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas