• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1E

Started by bobcats, October 01, 2015, 08:50:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OutsideStroaker212

Quote from: TheOfficial on October 02, 2015, 11:31:25 am
Quote from: yellowjackethooper on October 02, 2015, 09:45:55 am
1. Marshall - when was the last time they won a conference title? Sometimes kids who aren't used to winning can struggle when the target is on their back.
2. Valley - could easily be #1 in my book. Just don't know if they have enough around their 2 good ones.
3. Yellville - wildcard here, lots of talent but coaching situation is not good I don't think.
4. Cotter - super talented, everything back!! Dangerous!
5. Flippin - lost to much I think for Politte. He can't do it all.
6. Bergman - always play hard and have some scorers.
7. Mt View - move that good jr high group up
8. Melbourne - just don't have much.
9. Green forest - same

I agree with all that.  I just moved GF up a couple because they do have one really talented kid. 
Bergman didn't have much to start with and their starting guard has moved to Texas.  Hearing their scorer may be hurt.  And the parents and coach over there are always fighting.

Bergman may have lost a guard, but guys are stepping up and filling in. Strong group to come in the season.

Flippin will be lucky to be in the top 5

bobcats

Marshall put the clock on 8-0 Eureka Springs before emptying the bench and winning 55-34.

drybones

Valley defeated Norfork last night 103 to 75.

Bergman1820

I read in the paper that B-P Sr.Boys beat Flippin the other day.

Basketballfan13

November 13, 2015, 09:03:46 am #55 Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:34:17 pm by Basketballfan13
It was a JV game for flippin

bobcats

I hear Cotter beat Flippin tonight in a close game.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: bobcats on November 13, 2015, 10:15:54 pm
I hear Cotter beat Flippin tonight in a close game.
Cotter won 36-30

bobcats

I see where the Kingston girls played Valley witin 10, does anybody have a score on the boys game?

Basketballfan13

I was told boys game was around 16 pts valley winning, don't know for sure though

TheOfficial

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 14, 2015, 04:10:06 pm
I was told boys game was around 16 pts valley winning, don't know for sure though

Boys
Valley 78
Kingston 61

Bergman1820

Mt.View @ Bergman

Sr.Girls:
Mt.View 47
Bergman 53

HawgDaddy

Good win for Bergman girls...the boys game should be a thriller...

TheOfficial

Yellville girls by about 10 over Marshall.
Marshall boys by about 20 over Yellville.

Bergman1820

Sr.Boys:
Mt.View 63
Bergman 33  Final

Googlymoogly

Quote from: HawgDaddy on November 20, 2015, 08:35:44 pm
Uh.... no it was not

HawgDaddy

Quote from: Googlymoogly on November 21, 2015, 09:17:38 am
Quote from: HawgDaddy on November 20, 2015, 08:35:44 pm
Uh.... no it was not

Googly, that was sarcasm...

bobcats

Marshall boys 72 -50 over Melbourne.  Melbourne won the girls game by over 20.

lorettalynn

the marshall boys game should have been over at halftime .they should have put them away but they did not do it

bobcats

Quote from: lorettalynn on November 25, 2015, 07:52:42 am
the marshall boys game should have been over at halftime .they should have put them away but they did not do it

Not sure what you mean by put them away, but they were up 23 at half.  They did get too comfortable in the 3rd quarter and let the older Cheney get off a couple 26 footers.  They got the lead back to 23 at the end of 3.  Coach Drennan ripped into them and they pushed the lead to 27 early in the 4th before the subs took over.  The older Cheney is one of the better scorers in 3A, especially when he is on.  He just doesn't have very much help.  We were able to run 2 at him to keep the ball out of his hands much of the night.

TheOfficial

Both Valley teams rolled to easy wins by the end of the 1st quarter at GF last night

Yellville girls were upset by Cotter and Yellville boys beat Cotter by 10 or so.

bobcats

I see where Flippin beat Mountain View last night.  Looks like Hargrove has turned things around.  According to Maxpreps, they have won 6 in a row.

HawgDaddy

I think someone posted that they'd be lucky to finish in the top 5. With a win over ICC, it looks like they are capable. After a few weeks, VS and Marshall are probably the top 2. I expect Flippin', Cotter, and Yellville to make it interesting.

DOCHOLLIDAY7

Predictions on the Valley Springs and Marshall matchup Tuesday night? Should be a thriller.

Baller100

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 29, 2015, 02:19:12 pm
Predictions on the Valley Springs and Marshall matchup Tuesday night? Should be a thriller.
Gonna be a tough matchup for both teams. I see Marshall pulling it out at home. Crucial game for the conference as they are No. 1 and 2

HawgDaddy

I would predict Marshall wins at home, although Valley has played more games and might be closer to mid-season form. I'll take Marshall 64-61.

drybones

Gonna be a good match. I pick valley to upset marshal on their home court in a close game.

Bergman1820

Ill take Valley by 10+.

Head Lion

With the emphasis on "cleaning" up the game. Have the officials called more tight up there this year? The games around here have been quite a bit tighter.

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on November 29, 2015, 08:41:55 pm
With the emphasis on "cleaning" up the game. Have the officials called more tight up there this year? The games around here have been quite a bit tighter.

I haven't noticed it being any tighter.  But then again it has always been called tighter over this way.  Maybe other areas in the state will be calling closer to the way it is here.

TheOfficial

Quote from: bobcats on November 29, 2015, 09:27:34 pm

I haven't noticed it being any tighter.  But then again it has always been called tighter over this way.  Maybe other areas in the state will be calling closer to the way it is here.

Marshall doesn't use officials from up here.  They get theirs out of Little Rock/Conway area.

Baller100

Marshall definitely has the chance to open people's eyes on how good they are. I was on hand to watch them dismantle Eureka Springs. They got their best players in foul trouble. If they get one Valley player in foul trouble, they will win this game. If Valley shuts down Nicholson, then Marshall will lose. Shutting him down is definitely not an easy thing to do though. Ready to watch a battle Tuesday night!

bobcats

Quote from: TheOfficial on November 29, 2015, 10:14:16 pm

Marshall doesn't use officials from up here.  They get theirs out of Little Rock/Conway area.

Well aware of that.  They do play a lot of road games using officials from this area.  I have been at several games this year and have not noticed any particular increase in the number of fouls called.  How about you Official?

TheOfficial

Quote from: bobcats on November 29, 2015, 11:34:21 pm

Well aware of that.  They do play a lot of road games using officials from this area.  I have been at several games this year and have not noticed any particular increase in the number of fouls called.  How about you Official?

I agree with you that this area has always been called a little tighter.   not a huge change to officiating in this area except that we are seeing an increase over the past two seasons in the hand/body check call which is good.  I think it is imperative to make those calls to get back to pure basketball and away from the street ball we had been seeing for the past decade.  Looking better at the college level too.

Head Lion

Quote from: TheOfficial on November 30, 2015, 12:26:51 am
Quote from: bobcats on November 29, 2015, 11:34:21 pm

Thanks guys, good teams will adjust.

I agree with you that this area has always been called a little tighter.   not a huge change to officiating in this area except that we are seeing an increase over the past two seasons in the hand/body check call which is good.  I think it is imperative to make those calls to get back to pure basketball and away from the street ball we had been seeing for the past decade.  Looking better at the college level too.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 29, 2015, 02:19:12 pm

bobcats

Marshall boys over Valley 68-59.

Head Lion

Congrats Coach Drennan, knew it was way to quiet in them hills for Valley to have won. They must have got cheated.

drybones

Yep, it sounds like the same refs that cheated Manila the other night must have been there. Good win for Marshall.

ZoneBuster

I got to watch the last 6 minutes online, and the Marshall guys definitely thought they were being cheated. They were sure the lead should've been much bigger lol.

I was impressed at how prepared Marshall was, big props to their coach. Their much taller ball handlers had no real problems with the presses of Valley. VS is really small, that may hinder a deep tourney run.

TheOfficial

Quote from: ZoneBuster on December 02, 2015, 06:07:44 am
I got to watch the last 6 minutes online, and the Marshall guys definitely thought they were being cheated. They were sure the lead should've been much bigger lol.

I was impressed at how prepared Marshall was, big props to their coach. Their much taller ball handlers had no real problems with the presses of Valley. VS is really small, that may hinder a deep tourney run.

Those online announcers should be muzzled by the AAA.  That's the worst excuse for announcing I've ever heard.  They spent the entire game bashing the officials. 

ZoneBuster

Quote from: TheOfficial on December 02, 2015, 08:45:32 am

Those online announcers should be muzzled by the AAA.  That's the worst excuse for announcing I've ever heard.  They spent the entire game bashing the officials.

That's why there's a mute button lol. There aren't too many competent, unbiased TV announcers running around in the hills of Arkansas wanting to call basketball games. Online streaming with bad announcing is better than nothing at all. Especially for us who live out of state.

TheOfficial

Quote from: ZoneBuster on December 02, 2015, 09:03:39 am
Quote from: TheOfficial on December 02, 2015, 08:45:32 am

That's why there's a mute button lol. There aren't too many competent, unbiased TV announcers running around in the hills of Arkansas wanting to call basketball games. Online streaming with bad announcing is better than nothing at all. Especially for us who live out of state.

Agreed that mute button was definitely needed.

Moonshiner

Were they bashing them on both ends of the floor or biased toward one team or another?

TheOfficial

They were saying that they were cheating for Valley. 

Moonshiner

Wow.  Was that a local crew or from central Arkansas?

yellowjackethooper

Why are we talking about announcers?? I want to hear some details about the game.

Baller100

Exactly. No one cares about announcers. We are here to talk about games, not commentary. If you don't like what they said, go sulk somewhere else about it, not here.

Crazyfan

Marshall was well prepared. They had no problem breaking the press. They shot lots of layups and shot well from the perimeter. I thought overall they played a solid game.
Valley had an awful shooting night. They missed a lot of shots that they normally make. Also Valley seemed to have several break downs on defense and didn't execute. There was also foul trouble for Valley early.
Just a 9 point game in the end. Both teams will continue to improve and get more confident as the season goes on.

bobcats

Quote from: Crazyfan on December 02, 2015, 02:31:02 pm
Marshall was well prepared. They had no problem breaking the press. They shot lots of layups and shot well from the perimeter. I thought overall they played a solid game.
Valley had an awful shooting night. They missed a lot of shots that they normally make. Also Valley seemed to have several break downs on defense and didn't execute. There was also foul trouble for Valley early.
Just a 9 point game in the end. Both teams will continue to improve and get more confident as the season goes on.

Marshall led by double digits most of the game.  To Valley's credit every time Marshall would extend the lead to 15 they would battle back and cut it to 7-10.  Marshall did fine with the press but still will need to cut down on the turn overs when they go to Valley.  As far as Valleys poor shooting goes, good D is what creates poor shooting.  There were not very many uncontested shots by either team.  My question for Valley fans is, do Hogue and Wynn always take all the shots?  Last night they had 53 of the 59 points.  That's 6 for everyone else.  And their 53 were hard earned!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas