• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official 3A-3 thread

Started by Head Lion, July 23, 2015, 05:57:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Expectations & predictions from the conference that has won 2 of the 5 titles this decade.

OB11

Should be an interesting year...especially with a couple of teams having new head coaches. 

#EagleStrong

No more Tweet Chew at Rivercrest, so I'm buying some major stock in Manila. I think a lot higher of them then most on this forum I think. With a wide open field in the coming season, everyone is throwing around names like Episcopal, Jessieville, Cedar Ridge, and Valley Springs, but I put Manila right there in that group of contenders. They only graduated one senior from last year's regional championship team.

Head Lion

I predict Osceola to be the favorite, they have had a run of talent in jr hi last 2 years that is pretty salty. If they can keep them in school, they will be a contender state wide. We are still young, did have a 6'4" post move in during the off season , that will help some with our height disadvantage each night. I have been here all my life and after this year, we have a run of talent for 6-7 years, the likes I have not seen here. With school choice, we are getting quite a few move ins and a little help.

#EagleStrong

So how does the rest of the conference stack up after Manila and Osceola? They'er matched up with a tough conference in regionals (Valley Springs, Marshall, Flippin, Yellville-Summit). Who's likely to emerge as a state tourney contender other than those two?

Basketballfan13

Any predictions on the girls side in this conference?

Head Lion

Rivercrest has a new coach & always has talent. A program that seems to be on the rise is Coming. The girls side, if Rivercrest has Vornes with Elder, they will be a top 5 team.

Basketballfan13

Has anyone found any info on if vornes left to go to epc?

Silky Johnson

One thing about Manila is that even though a lot of talent graduated 4-5 years ago they still come back scrappy each year and play hard. They've been making postseason runs each year even when they aren't a favorite.

Head Lion

Quote from: Silky Johnson on July 26, 2015, 12:10:35 pm
One thing about Manila is that even though a lot of talent graduated 4-5 years ago they still come back scrappy each year and play hard. They've been making postseason runs each year even when they aren't a favorite.
Thanks, it is all about the leader of the program. If you ever seen him play, he had the same mentality & the talent is coming. Should be real good run in basketball & baseball. With some move ins, I think we are going to surprise a couple of teams in FB.

hogsnout

Im most impressed by two rivers this year.With the 3 tranfers they got also 4 of the 5 starters are all seniors.Watched them at Jessville camp destroy everyone they played teams should be watching them.There strongest outside inside may need some work but the point guard and shooting guard are a show in its self.

BigLion10

When did two rivers move to the 3A-3 conference?

Head Lion

Manila had 2 more really good move ins in Jr hi this week from Alabama. Gonna be a long run for the Lions especially after one more year of transition.

Longfellow

Do any of those athletes from Osceola's football team play basketball as well? If so, they could be close to the to in that conference based on athleticism

Silky Johnson

Even the the bad Osceola teams have athleticism. They haven't had a consistent scorer in a couple years though.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on July 25, 2015, 10:59:49 pm

According to a EPC poster on the 2A site, she has moved to EPC.

OB11

Quote from: RedWolf275 on August 25, 2015, 08:00:00 pm

According to a EPC poster on the 2A site, she has moved to EPC.

That is definitely going to hurt Rivercrest.  The young point guard they still have there is one of the best in the state. But with her and Vornes on the floor, they would have been scary good. 

pioneers

Quote from: #EagleStrong on July 24, 2015, 01:01:39 am
No more Tweet Chew at Rivercrest, so I'm buying some major stock in Manila. I think a lot higher of them then most on this forum I think. With a wide open field in the coming season, everyone is throwing around names like Episcopal, Jessieville, Cedar Ridge, and Valley Springs, but I put Manila right there in that group of contenders. They only graduated one senior from last year's regional championship team.
Manila lost 4 starters from last years team. They will still be a very scrappy team this year but I believe next year will be their best shot to make a run at state.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: pioneers on August 26, 2015, 04:05:27 pm
Manila lost 4 starters from last years team. They will still be a very scrappy team this year but I believe next year will be their best shot to make a run at state.

State program completely botched their roster then. I checked again just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and the only senior the program lists is Eric Navarro.

Silky Johnson

It's not that uncommon. I know the 1a state program for state @SAU had coaches names switched around and at least a few players on Bay's team had last names spelled incorrectly.

pioneers

Where did Marquez chew go play college ball at?

WPWells

Just out of curiosity, why is this pinned?

OB11

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 03, 2015, 08:33:46 pm
Just out of curiosity, why is this pinned?

I have been wondering the same thing.  I guess Head Lion has some pull on FF.  Haha.  Not complaining though.  I am a 3A-3 guy. 

WPWells

I met HL a couple years ago at the state tournament in Charleston. He's a good dude

Head Lion

I thought I would go ahead & get it pinned as this dynasty unfolds for a 6-8 year run. Met 12th man, fine Christian young man, that gives me a pinch of hope for the future of our once great country.

ISU7

September 21, 2015, 10:06:24 am #25 Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:23:08 am by ISU7
Every year I hear Manila & Osceola are contenders ??? :-X ;D , but its Rivercrest that has one of the STATE  titles in a year that they finished 3rd in the conference &  district tourney, so dont be surprised, anything possible. 8) Chew is at Williams Baptist.... What's good Head Lion you knew i would be trolling soon huh ..lol  8)

ISU7

Yep she left and probably will have too sit out this season her jr year which is not good for her college stock imo...

ISU7

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 31, 2015, 09:44:29 am
When did two rivers move to the 3A-3 conference?
lol exactly...BigLion10 ;D ;D

RedWolf275

Quote from: ISU7 on September 21, 2015, 10:16:56 am
Yep she left and probably will have too sit out this season her jr year which is not good for her college stock imo...

Hard to figure out why an athlete would change schools without doing what's necessary to become eligible.

Paperman

She has not gotten sound counsel in my opinion! If she had stayed at Rivercrest the sky would be the limit! I don't think EPC has anyone who will get her the ball like Elder did! It is a shame, they would have been fun to watch!

Head Lion

Quote from: Paperman on October 13, 2015, 09:53:03 pm
She has not gotten sound counsel in my opinion! If she had stayed at Rivercrest the sky would be the limit! I don't think EPC has anyone who will get her the ball like Elder did! It is a shame, they would have been fun to watch!
Agreed, saw them first game of state right before us last year and they were really starting to gel. Them with jr hi group coming up, could have been special.

Paperman

I agree! I shot your girls pics this morning HL! i like Coach Fowler and her girls seemed pretty focused!

pioneers

Quote from: Paperman on October 14, 2015, 09:19:00 pm
I agree! I shot your girls pics this morning HL! i like Coach Fowler and her girls seemed pretty focused!
Coach fowler is a good coach just hope we can keep her around for awhile.

Paperman

She is very knowlegable, positive, and straight forward in her approach. I really like her and I think her team will be tough to contend with! I think you are going to want her around for a long time!

Head Lion

Quote from: Paperman on October 14, 2015, 11:00:29 pm
She is very knowlegable, positive, and straight forward in her approach. I really like her and I think her team will be tough to contend with! I think you are going to want her around for a long time!
She is a keeper, numbers have been low lately, with lots of girls cheerleading. In the grades 8th and down that kinda reverses with more girls playing hoops. She will do a great job, just needs a little time and a good move in here or there.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Hey HL   She is a proud graduate of BIC what else would you expect   ;D
Good luck to Coach Fowler & the Lady Lions!!

OB11

On the boys side, I see Osceola and Manila fighting for the top spot.  I'd say Rivercrest proabably finishes 3rd.  After that I think it's a toss up. 

Honestly don't know much about the girls side.  Corning should be good again this year (probably the winner of this conference).  If Rivercrest had all their pieces from last year I would have them as the favorites.  I'm sure Manila will be tough as well. 

Paperman

Osceola will be athletic as always and Rivercrest will be as well. Manila returns a solid group and will have some new faces as well. Not sure about Hoxie, Corning or Piggott! On the girls side Corning probably will be the favorite! Rivercrest will be good and Hoxie will be much improved! Manila is looking better as well! Should be another interesting season!

pioneers

My pre-season predictions for boys
1. Osceola- they have a ton of talent that moved up from jr high and returned a couple starters I think Manila splits with them but Osceola wins by more at home
2. Manila- return a couple staters and had a very talented group move up from jr high with the move in post player they will have some height to them this year and the guard play will be exceptional.
3. Rivercrest- always athletic and play hard
4.- piggott I watched them in team camps this summer they didn't look bad they could actually bump up the 3 spot by seasons end.
5- Corning they lost a lot last year but I believe they will better than hoxie.
6- lost just about everyone and jr high team has been down last couple years don't expect them to compete.

ISU7

Quote from: pioneers on October 23, 2015, 06:11:31 am
My pre-season predictions for boys
1. Osceola- they have a ton of talent that moved up from jr high and returned a couple starters I think Manila splits with them but Osceola wins by more at home
2. Manila- return a couple staters and had a very talented group move up from jr high with the move in post player they will have some height to them this year and the guard play will be exceptional.
3. Rivercrest- always athletic and play hard
4.- piggott I watched them in team camps this summer they didn't look bad they could actually bump up the 3 spot by seasons end.
5- Corning they lost a lot last year but I believe they will better than hoxie.
6- lost just about everyone and jr high team has been down last couple years don't expect them to compete.
Osceola WILL NOT have the talent they had last season...To be continued: 8)

pioneers

Unless they moved, quit, or have discipline issues they will be very talented.

Paperman

Osceola will be talented just not much height! Speed, quickness, guard you from the bus, yes, but not much size on the block!

HowlKing1721

How do people see the girl's side playing out? I figure Corning will be the top dog with Rivercrest losing Vornes but I may be wrong....

Basketballfan13

Quote from: HowlKing1721 on November 03, 2015, 10:46:44 pm
How do people see the girl's side playing out? I figure Corning will be the top dog with Rivercrest losing Vornes but I may be wrong....
My guess would be
1. Corning
2. Hoxie
3. Rivercrest
4. Osceola

Paperman

Corning lost a lot of experienced players to graduation. I think Elder is the best player in the conference. ManilA will be better! Hoxie much improved! I say osceola will be right there if they stay healthy!

I say Rivercrest, Osceola. Manila, Corning, Hoxie and Piggott. 1 to 6 !

HowlKing1721

Is the Fletcher girl still at Osceola?

RedWolf275

Quote from: pioneers on October 14, 2015, 09:51:13 pm

I think with a coach with no head coaching experience, it remains to be see if she is a good coach. When the games start, the answer to that question will be answered. I was surprised Manila hired a head coach with no head coaching experience.

pioneers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 09, 2015, 11:28:51 am
Quote from: pioneers on October 14, 2015, 09:51:13 pm

I think with a coach with no head coaching experience, it remains to be see if she is a good coach. When the games start, the answer to that question will be answered. I was surprised Manila hired a head coach with no head coaching experience.
She has brought a spark into the program and the girls are really starting to buy into it. The talent has taken a hit but we have some good ones coming up. The first game is tonight.

HowlKing1721

Sr. Girls:
Piggott 63
Maynard 34

Head Lion

Don't know finals, Manila Sr girls by like 23 and jr hi by 30 over Marked Tree. Don't quite think we are ready for Valley or Greenland, yet. Kids played hard though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas