• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proposed 4A Conference 2018-19

Started by Brian G, June 07, 2017, 01:54:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

I seeing the why Jefferson county is in the dumps all the way around these days. No wonder all of Jefferson county is headed to drew county.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on July 18, 2017, 11:03:44 am
I seeing the why Jefferson county is in the dumps all the way around these days. No wonder all of Jefferson county is headed to drew county.
More fast food joints to rob in Monticello and a good basketball school.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: green-eagle on July 17, 2017, 01:00:12 pm
travel?

when Crossett was playing 5A football, we had to travel to Little Rock approx. 4 time a year to play such conference teams as Oak Grove, Slyin Hill, JA fair, Robinson, mcCellan  and yes even HWH.....closest conference game was Monticello......
My Junior year we had a 4 game span where we traveled to Sylvan hills. Home against Monticello, then 2 straight away against Mills and North Pulaski...not to mention we ended the season with an away game to HWH.........on a Thursday

HorseFeathers

Quote from: green-eagle on July 17, 2017, 01:00:12 pm
travel?

when Crossett was playing 5A football, we had to travel to Little Rock approx. 4 time a year to play such conference teams as Oak Grove, Slyin Hill, JA fair, Robinson, mcCellan  and yes even HWH.....closest conference game was Monticello......

If I remember right, there was no better option for crossett at that time though..

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on July 18, 2017, 11:08:25 am
More fast food joints to rob in Monticello and a good basketball school.

Figured you would like that.

green-eagle

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 18, 2017, 11:23:50 am
If I remember right, there was no better option for crossett at that time though..

very true.... so I suggestion is...no matter what conference what Guv wishes HWH or star city is in.... HWH will have to travel...

Guv major concern is that Star City is getting beat up playing in the 4A-8 and by moving them to the 4A-2, they maybe could win....:0

cuckoobird

Doubtful, we don't have a Dewitt in the 2-4a

EagleForLife12

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 18, 2017, 11:23:50 am
Correct. Us and Monticello where the only deep SEARK schools in 5A or above...We shoulda have been here in 8-4A a looooooong time ago.

Romeo

Quote from: green-eagle on July 18, 2017, 12:44:01 pm
very true.... so I suggestion is...no matter what conference what Guv wishes HWH or star city is in.... HWH will have to travel...

Guv major concern is that Star City is getting beat up playing in the 4A-8 and by moving them to the 4A-2, they maybe could win....:0

Right. The closest 4A schools to West Helena are DeWitt and Stuttgart, which would both be over an hour away taking a bus. Tradition also plays a factor in conference alignment. Star City has been in the 8-4A, or what used to be the 8-2A, for a long time. They're the longest consecutive active member of the 8-4A, at least since 1996.

GuvHog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 18, 2017, 10:45:13 am
HWH-DeWitt-Gould-Star City

Google Maps

I had forgotten about that route. I see your point.

prHOG13

Has he finally admitted defeat?!?!

Jimbo Morphis

GuvHog

Quote from: prHOG13 on July 19, 2017, 10:48:31 am
Has he finally admitted defeat?!?!

I'm not too proud to admit when I'm wrong. It's called "being human". Unfortunately sometimes I'm a bit too human.

cuckoobird

Yes I'll agree, you're wrong a lot. Now if you had just stated it doesn't matter where Helena plays because there is no good travel conference for them and maybe the 8 is a better fit to take some travel off the already spread out 2, I would have agreed with you. But to move star city was just ludicrous

Eddie Goodson

HWH is appealing and has a hearing Sunday, July 30th. Appealing to have Stuttgart go to the 4A-8 and HWH to the 4A-2.

BigLion10

I say send HWH to the Mississippi league lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 20, 2017, 05:44:43 pm
HWH is appealing and has a hearing Sunday, July 30th. Appealing to have Stuttgart go to the 4A-8 and HWH to the 4A-2.

Don't they appeal every cycle?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 20, 2017, 06:01:45 pm
Don't they appeal every cycle?
No. They are appealing because they have been taken from their conference for no reason.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 20, 2017, 05:44:43 pm
Shaking my head and I will doubt this one will be accepted. H-WH wants to appeal to add 1 mile to its one-way travel over a two-year span and add 21 miles to Stuttgart's total.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on July 18, 2017, 11:03:44 am

That sounds like one of Guv's famous pulled from his....statement of facts!

Eddie Goodson

HWH is appealing because they want some consistency in who they play. They have been thrown here and there for a decade. They want to stay in the same conference more than two years. I can fully understand.

SUGARTOWN

July 21, 2017, 06:48:38 am #121 Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:19:26 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 21, 2017, 04:21:05 am
HWH is appealing because they want some consistency in who they play. They have been thrown here and there for a decade. They want to stay in the same conference more than two years. I can fully understand.

They've been in the 2-4A ever since they dropped down from 5A. This conference has had teams come in and out every cycle, you're never going to play the exact same teams in this conference year in, year out. Nobody has real "consistency" in their conference schedule.

cuckoobird

Pulled from their conference for no reason? Uhm that argument might work but Stuttgart has been in the 2 ever since dropping down too.

beach bum

Can't Stuttgart take it to the Supreme Court of the AAA if Helena wins in the AAA appeals court?  8)

Jimbo Morphis

Heard Helena has hired John Walker with Guv as co council.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on July 21, 2017, 10:22:30 am
Can't Stuttgart take it to the Supreme Court of the AAA if Helena wins in the AAA appeals court?  8)

Nah, I doubt Stuttgart would whine about what conference they're in like some schools.

cuckoobird

I would love to be in the 8, but boy it would throw the non conference schedule for a loop. I was just stating that if that was HWHC's argument, it may not work out for them

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 21, 2017, 12:40:07 pm
I would love to be in the 8, but boy it would throw the non conference schedule for a loop. I was just stating that if that was HWHC's argument, it may not work out for them

Well then you can replace the Warren game with Prairie Grove.....no excuses.

cuckoobird

July 21, 2017, 01:50:20 pm #128 Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:52:01 pm by cuckoobird
You know they don't want any. PG likes playing teams like subiaco academy or waldren

RZback

I think PG would like playing Warren, but I think Warren has the edge most of the time.  As for ole Gov, he speaks without looking at all the options first and tends to favor both sides of the coin at his convenience.

AirWarren

Quote from: RZback on July 22, 2017, 12:10:18 am
I think PG would like playing Warren, but I think Warren has the edge most of the time.  As for ole Gov, he speaks without looking at all the options first and tends to favor both sides of the coin at his convenience.

Guv was one of the posters on hogville saying take it to the bank Gruden was the next coach of arkansas. One of his many misses based off his opinion.

The_Pioneer

Surprised teams don't appeal so they don't have to visit that heck hole that is HWH.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: The_Pioneer on July 22, 2017, 07:32:56 pm
Surprised teams don't appeal so they don't have to visit that heck hole that is HWH.
Nothing in AAA rules allow that.

HorseFeathers

Didn't beebe appeal a conference assignment for something similar to that about 10 years though to avoid  the little rock schools?

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on July 22, 2017, 06:41:22 pm
Guv was one of the posters on hogville saying take it to the bank Gruden was the next coach of arkansas. One of his many misses based off his opinion.

No, I wasn't one of those. I actually had no idea who Jeff Long was going to hire.

GuvHog

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 23, 2017, 01:11:08 pm
Didn't beebe appeal a conference assignment for something similar to that about 10 years though to avoid  the little rock schools?

Yes, but they eventually ended up in the 5A Central anyway.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 23, 2017, 01:11:08 pm
And HWH got the shaft in that deal too, Bebee wanted to play schools with "like test scores". That was an awful sham.

AirWarren

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 23, 2017, 03:51:10 pm
And HWH got the shaft in that deal too, Bebee wanted to play schools with "like test scores". That was an awful sham.

Haha. Give me a break. I've been to beebe once. They must have quite an inflated opinion of theirselves.

Brian G

Reminds me of the Cabot hoops fans from 2009.  After a loss to LR Central, they claimed the Tigers were motivated to play well because Obama had been inaugurated that day.

GuvHog

July 23, 2017, 09:36:03 pm #139 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:57:05 am by GuvHog
Quote from: AirWarren on July 23, 2017, 04:50:01 pm
Haha. Give me a break. I've been to beebe once. They must have quite an inflated opinion of theirselves.

They just didn't want to be in the same conference with Pulaski Academy but didn't have the guts to admit it.

I'll be honest, I don't want to see Watson Chapel in the same conference with PA either but it looks like  that may happen in the next cycle. I'm hoping that PA will petition to move up to 6A. If they do and their petition is approved, that would likely push Greenwood down to the 5A West and Vilonia to the 5A Central.

AirWarren

Quote from: B.G. on July 23, 2017, 05:05:58 pm
Reminds me of the Cabot hoops fans from 2009.  After a loss to LR Central, they claimed the Tigers were motivated to play well because Obama had been inaugurated that day.

Just when you think you heard it all.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: GuvHog on July 23, 2017, 09:36:03 pm
They just didn't want to be in the same conference with Pulaski Academy but didn't have the guts to admit it.

I'll be honest, I don't want to see Watson Chapel in the same conference with PA either but it looks like  that may happen in the next cycle. I'm hoping that PA will petition to move up to 6A. If they do and their petition is approved, that would likely push Greenwood down to the 5A West and Vilonia to the 5A Central.
Had zero to do with PA. Had everything to do with LRSD and PCSSD schools. No gates from them was also listed as a partial excuse.

westhelena1

Helena-West Helena has been forced to change conferences in five of the last six cycles. We only got to be in the 2-4A when we dropped down due to Dollarway joining our appeal to let them go to the 8 and us to the 2. The thing with Beene was a farce and demonstrates that more Han mileage has historically gone into these decisions at the AAA office. Our argument will include multiple reasons why we should stay where we are and clearly Stuttgart is a better fit to go to Warren than we are. I just pray the AAA Board of Directors is reasonable.

Wahls

Quote from: westhelena1 on July 25, 2017, 03:00:16 pmI just pray the AAA Board of Directors is reasonable.

I mean, they do lead a regulatory body that outlawed little kids painting their faces and when bands could play...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: westhelena1 on July 25, 2017, 03:00:16 pm
Helena-West Helena has been forced to change conferences in five of the last six cycles. We only got to be in the 2-4A when we dropped down due to Dollarway joining our appeal to let them go to the 8 and us to the 2. The thing with Beene was a farce and demonstrates that more Han mileage has historically gone into these decisions at the AAA office. Our argument will include multiple reasons why we should stay where we are and clearly Stuttgart is a better fit to go to Warren than we are. I just pray the AAA Board of Directors is reasonable.

I hope one of those reasons isn't mileage, because you'd would actually travel more miles in the 2-4A than you would in the 8-4A.

SouthpawSensation

Just a hunch ... the appeal will be denied ...

Romeo

According to Henry Apple of the Northwest Arkansas-Democrat, the AAA has denied West Helena's appeal.

Brian G

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Romeo on July 30, 2017, 06:29:34 pm
According to Henry Apple of the Northwest Arkansas-Democrat, the AAA has denied West Helena's appeal.

Not really too surprising. I'm assuming the AAA wanted to shorten HWH's travel by putting them in the 8-4A.

westhelena1

The hearing was a farce.  Helena-West Helena clearly showed that while miles might be slightly shorter in the 8, the travel time was shorter for HWH in the 2.  This is all based on Google Maps.  AAA only had mileage estimates from MapQuest with no consideration for time.  Helena-West Helena has had its conference changed five times in the last six cycles.  Today, all they wanted to talk about was mileage.  No one cared too much about mileage in 2011 when they put Helena-West Helena in the 5A Central and Beebe in the East when HWH would have had shorter travel time in the East and Beebe's travel time would have been over 60% less in the Central.  The Board member from Beebe even had the audacity to say it was shorter for Beebe then in the East going to Blytheville and Greene County Tech instead of PA and LR McClellan.  HWH was the only non-Pulaski County School in that conference that cycle instead of getting to go to Forrest City and Wynne.  There is no way anyone with a conscience can say what the AAA does to the Cougars resembles anything closer to fair.  In fact, it looks like they go out of their way every two years to put the screws to Helena-West Helena to help some district with more political clout.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas