• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN Classic.... tonight at Tiger Arena

Started by Razorback Red, November 29, 2014, 07:38:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

All tix are sold out, but it should be a fun night of basketball with great talent on the court.  I'm really looking forward to seeing JWitt and JTatum.

5pm- Ark Baptist vs Columbia Hickman

7pm- Bentonville vs Chaminade (StL)

Moonshiner

Probably can't make it but curious....will AAA passes be honored?  I'm assuming it's sanctioned through the AAA.

businesstron

No more tickets?  Will there be a live feed?

Brian G

No AAA passes.  I'm not sure how that can be the case.  When you have a benefit game in your gym you have to collect for the AAA catastrophic fund and you give all the gate to the AAA.  School is on the hook for paying workers and refs are supposed to work for free.  Even a school that sells season passes to it's own gym are not allowed to let people use them.  Only a AAA pass works at benefit games.

This event is moneymaker for an outside source and admission is done by getting your name on a list if you don't have a ticket.

It has that "promoter" feel because it is.

In full disclosure I say that as someone that does not have a AAA pass.

Moonshiner

I'm not sure but this may be setting a precedent by the AAA.  I realize this event is good for basketball in the state, and I'm glad it's taking place. Don't know all the ins and outs, so I should probably hold off on any opinions.  I thought those passes let the holder into any sanctioned event. 

Razorback Red

All I know is that it's a sellout and sponsored by ESPN.  Gen admission tix were $10 and reserved were $15. 

I am looking forward to a fun night of high-caliber bball. 

Brian G

It's sponsored by a radio station that carries ESPN.  Not sponsored by ESPN.

Spaulding

The school did not control tickets. Personally, I'm glad AAA passes are not honored. They have done so much for the state....

Jimmy Whitt is good. Don't think he is Malik good however. Hog bball team walked in during first game- that was pretty neat.

Razorback Red

November 29, 2014, 09:13:08 pm #8 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:21:45 pm by Razorback Red
Just got home from the classic; great night of basketball.  Coach Anderson and his wife were there, along with the entire Hog basketball team.  Coach Hoiberg (sp?) from Iowa St was there, a top KU asst was there and then Coach Calipari showed up.  Really, really cool to see all of them sitting together at court side. 

The first game was pretty boring, but the 2nd one made up for it.  Witt is a solid player for Hickman with a smooth shot (Hogs need that), but he's about all they have.  I think he ended the night with 40 points.  Hickman played well against a much lesser opponent, but they would not of been able to compete with either of the other 2 big schools there tonight. 

The Chaminade/Bentonville game was electric.  The Tatum kid for Chaminade is about as complete of a player as you will ever see in HS.  He can play all 5 positions.  I believe he ended the night with 31 pts and 18 rebounds.  He will for sure be one and done in College.  Monk showed why he is being so highly recruited.  He ended the night with 45 pts and was 18-18 from the foul line. 

I would say that was the biggest win ever for Bentonville's basketball program. 

Rayburn

It's always great for a community when the home town team gets national attention because of it's All-American, homegrown superstar. I bet it fills the Lepanto folks' hearts with pride, if not the community with any monetary benefit.

Hoophawg

Quote from: Rayburn on December 01, 2014, 01:32:36 pm
It's always great for a community when the home town team gets national attention because of it's All-American, homegrown superstar. I bet it fills the Lepanto folks' hearts with pride, if not the community with any monetary benefit.
lepanto-the armpit of Arkansas

Rayburn

Quote from: Hoophawg on December 10, 2014, 01:33:41 pm
Quote from: Rayburn on December 01, 2014, 01:32:36 pm
lepanto-the armpit of Arkansas
But Bentonville sure is thankful for it.

Hoophawg

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas