• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR Guard Kevaughn Allen commits...

Started by NLR4Eva, April 30, 2014, 10:48:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

I bet neither goes all four at those schools.  I realize that is different than the "one and done" that was overstated.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on May 02, 2014, 05:43:56 pm
I bet neither goes all four at those schools.  I realize that is different than the "one and done" that was overstated.

I really don't know, I never have had Allen as someone leaving early, but then again, I thought several Hogs had left to early.

zebradynasty

Quote from: mack on May 02, 2014, 02:21:31 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on May 02, 2014, 01:55:50 pm
Quote from: mack on May 02, 2014, 01:36:46 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on May 02, 2014, 12:41:54 pm
I see it's the first of the month! WOW! Rice and Max not sure why it necessary to take my opinion to the most extreme view. Look not happy we lost Allen but it's done! WHY did we lose him? As was pointed out it's been decades since Arkansas was relevant in basketball. WHY has it been decades? Bad hires, bad administrative support, bad recruiting classes...In the meantime Arkansas high school basketball has gotten better. I guess kids should just stopped and waited for UA to get its crap together ??? Having other top programs recruit players is a plus it keeps (or should keep) the UA from being complacent and down right stupid in handling basketball. Competition always...ALWAYS makes you better. If UA needs to compete for the instate talent so be it! Just like all the other states! They need to step up and get it done If they don't then we should reconsider this elite program thing.

Now all that other crap y'all talking....I never said or suggest half of it. MA had done a great job I think I have posted plenty enough times in support him for either of you to take what I posted and twisted it into a lack of support is laughable. Even though MA been here 3 years he's still fighting the demons of yesteryear. It is totally understandable to me as fan and if I had kid with D1 talent as parent to have serious reservations about sending him to UA to play. I trust MA but will he be there? Will these fans turn my son like they have on players in the past? Can he turn it around. MA will just have to build that trust he's off to decent start losing Allen was setback no doubt but it's not Allen it's UA we need to direct our frustration to. It just going to take time to rebuild the trust.

You should have been more clear on the MA thing.  That would have headed off that part. 

The part about it being good when a great player leaves the state, well, we'll never agree on that.

Now where's that Midol.......

Well I assumed it was understood that I was not talking about MA as you and I have posted many times in support of him!

Mack not like I am going show up at his signing wearing orange and blue! Just trying to make a positive out of something that is clearly a negative!

I understand.  I just want every kid that is D1 to think like Marvin, Sid and Ron.  I want them to want to come and build the program back to what it once was.

A sign of how far high school basketball has come in Arkansas a big reason the triplets came to Arkansas was they were not highly sought after by other big name schools at least not like Allen. The reason being is few people outside the state considered Arkansas high school players worthy of consideration. Thanks to some solid players from Arkansas and AAU that's no longer the case.

TheMercenary

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 02, 2014, 11:10:56 am
Quote from: mack on May 02, 2014, 10:59:57 am
Quote from: zebradynasty on May 02, 2014, 10:38:41 am
Yeah it hurts but understandable. A case where our recent history done us in! Wish nothing but the best for the kid. Been around a long time and have seen the quality of Arkansas High school basketball slowly get better. Having Arkansas kids sign to programs like Kentucky, Florida....is good.

Now the pressure is on to sign Monk! I get the feeling it's gonna be a hard sell...

There is nothing good about it.  You're flat wrong there.

Yes it's good because despite what we like to think or blindly follow...THE WORLD DOES NOT BEGIN AND END IN FAYETTEVILLE, ARKANSAS! For decades most schools thought Arkansas basketball players as being inferior. Over time that has been proven untrue. Now we don't have 4-5 star recruits by the dozen every year but it's good to improve our image nationally. Our kids are leaving because UA hasn't been doing their part to keep them! No sense punishing the kid for recognizing that and exploring other opportunities. You want to keep them here....stop making stupid hires and having unrealistic expectation most importantly WIN!

I can't believe I agree with ZD!!

I say good for the young man.......go experience life and never look back saying "I wish I would have ________"

mack

Quote from: TheMercenary on May 05, 2014, 11:56:49 am
Quote from: zebradynasty on May 02, 2014, 11:10:56 am
Quote from: mack on May 02, 2014, 10:59:57 am
Quote from: zebradynasty on May 02, 2014, 10:38:41 am
Yeah it hurts but understandable. A case where our recent history done us in! Wish nothing but the best for the kid. Been around a long time and have seen the quality of Arkansas High school basketball slowly get better. Having Arkansas kids sign to programs like Kentucky, Florida....is good.

Now the pressure is on to sign Monk! I get the feeling it's gonna be a hard sell...

Well, you and ZD cvan go ahead and root for Billy Donovan I guess.  The more that leave will just make it easier for others to leave. 

There is nothing good about it.  You're flat wrong there.

Yes it's good because despite what we like to think or blindly follow...THE WORLD DOES NOT BEGIN AND END IN FAYETTEVILLE, ARKANSAS! For decades most schools thought Arkansas basketball players as being inferior. Over time that has been proven untrue. Now we don't have 4-5 star recruits by the dozen every year but it's good to improve our image nationally. Our kids are leaving because UA hasn't been doing their part to keep them! No sense punishing the kid for recognizing that and exploring other opportunities. You want to keep them here....stop making stupid hires and having unrealistic expectation most importantly WIN!

I can't believe I agree with ZD!!

I say good for the young man.......go experience life and never look back saying "I wish I would have ________"

Elvis

Surprised he plays for Team Penny and not Ark Wings. Must want out of Arkansas really bad.

gojackets14

He played for the 17U Team Penny most of last summer and played at the Peach Jam for the 16U Wings.

Anton Beard played for Team Penny last year too.

What really hurts is Skal Labissiere to Mike Miller's AAU Team.

centralarfan

June 24, 2014, 04:44:26 pm #57 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:12:48 pm by centralarfan
I would like to say congrats to KV Allen. I think he made a wise decision for whatever reason he chose the Gators. I am sure it was a difficult choice for him. But personally, I would not send my child to a university where Anderson's future is uncertain. Just my personal opinion.

ricepig

Quote from: centralarfan on June 24, 2014, 04:44:26 pm
I would like to say congrats to KV Allen. I think he made a wise decision for whatever reason he chose the Gators. I am sure it was a difficult choice for him. But personally, I would not send my child to a university where the Anderson's future is uncertain. Just my personal opinion.

The Anderson's?? There is a bigger chance Donovan goes to coach a pro team than Mike Anderson is fired.

Brian G

Quote from: ricepig on June 24, 2014, 05:02:31 pm
Quote from: centralarfan on June 24, 2014, 04:44:26 pm
I would like to say congrats to KV Allen. I think he made a wise decision for whatever reason he chose the Gators. I am sure it was a difficult choice for him. But personally, I would not send my child to a university where the Anderson's future is uncertain. Just my personal opinion.

The Anderson's?? There is a bigger chance Donovan goes to coach a pro team than Mike Anderson is fired.
So right.

centralarfan

Sorry about the grammar. Responding to post by phone can be challenging sometimes. I do not think Donovan will attempt to go pro. But who knows or cares. I wish KV would have stayed home to play. But I simply said I do not blame the kid for leaving. Either way, his goal is achieved by obtaining a scholarship. I like Anderson as a coach. However, he is not Nolan Richardson. Those days are long gone. He should have been given the job when Nolan was fired. Everyone is expecting him to dig the Hogs out of the grave. I do not think it is possible before his contract expires or he is  fired. Examine his resume please. How long does a coach get to keep his job simply from team improvement? He has zero NCAA appearances. If beating Kentucky means he will keep his job, Anderson has nothing to worry about fellas.

centralarfan

Bottom line. I have watched KV play basketball since he was in the third grade. There are not many local kids that have the honor of choosing what university he/she wants to play nationally. Congratulations KV, job well done.

ricepig

June 24, 2014, 06:56:29 pm #62 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:01:49 pm by ricepig
Quote from: centralarfan on June 24, 2014, 06:22:28 pm
Sorry about the grammar. Responding to post by phone can be challenging sometimes. I do not think Donovan will attempt to go pro. But who knows or cares. I wish KV would have stayed home to play. But I simply said I do not blame the kid for leaving. Either way, his goal is achieved by obtaining a scholarship. I like Anderson as a coach. However, he is not Nolan Richardson. Those days are long gone. He should have been given the job when Nolan was fired. Everyone is expecting him to dig the Hogs out of the grave. I do not think it is possible before his contract expires or he is  fired. Examine his resume please. How long does a coach get to keep his job simply from team improvement? He has zero NCAA appearances. If beating Kentucky means he will keep his job, Anderson has nothing to worry about fellas.

You obviously haven't examined his record if you think he has zero NCAA appearances, pretty much blows any credibility you were trying for. I assume you mean at Arkansas, but of course you didn't say it that way. Donovan's already said he couldn't guarantee he wouldn't leave for the pro's.

http://mrsec.com/2014/05/donovan-wont-guarantee-return-florida/

centralarfan

Yes. I was referring to his appearances as UA Head Coach. His history elsewhere is irrelevant to his current contract. Sorry if I failed to clarify. If Donovan leaves, he has that option and opportunity to do so. Coaches do it every year. Personally, I like his coaching style and winning tradition.

mack

June 25, 2014, 08:16:45 am #64 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:34:54 am by mack
Quote from: centralarfan on June 24, 2014, 06:26:31 pm
Bottom line. I have watched KV play basketball since he was in the third grade. There are not many local kids that have the honor of choosing what university he/she wants to play nationally. Congratulations KV, job well done.

I'll send you your Florida t-shirt.......

centralarfan

June 25, 2014, 12:32:49 pm #65 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:35:00 pm by centralarfan
Thanks. I will be waiting for my Florida (Allen) and Kentucky (Goodwin) t-shirts. I support any kid that gets the opportunity to play sport anywhere. Not just the kids that choose to stay home.

mack

Quote from: centralarfan on June 25, 2014, 12:32:49 pm
Thanks. I will be waiting for my Florida (Allen) and Kentucky (Goodwin) t-shirts. I support any kid that gets the opportunity to play sport anywhere. Not just the kids that choose to stay home.

I understand that not everyone here is a Razorback fan.  It's alright for guys like you to be glad the kids go elsewhere.  For those of us that really are Razorback fans, that mentality sucks.

centralarfan

I can respect your opinion. There are many factors that play into every athlete's decision. Hopefully first should be education. Second, the relationship with the coaches. From there, it kind of gets crazy. Some kids prefer immediate playing time, coaching style, player development,or TV exposure, etc. It was some reason why he did not choose UA. I personally expected him to pick Memphis, Baylor, or UConn. I kinda figured UA was never in the hunt. I have 4 kids that are active in sports. I would enjoy for them to play for the Razorbacks. But as a parent, I am going to help each one pick a program that best suits each child. BTW, I seriously doubt Monk will become a Razorback either. Just my opinion.

mack

Quote from: centralarfan on June 25, 2014, 02:15:11 pm
I can respect your opinion. There are many factors that play into every athlete's decision. Hopefully first should be education. Second, the relationship with the coaches. From there, it kind of gets crazy. Some kids prefer immediate playing time, coaching style, player development,or TV exposure, etc. It was some reason why he did not choose UA. I personally expected him to pick Memphis, Baylor, or UConn. I kinda figured UA was never in the hunt. I have 4 kids that are active in sports. I would enjoy for them to play for the Razorbacks. But as a parent, I am going to help each one pick a program that best suits each child. BTW, I seriously doubt Monk will become a Razorback either. Just my opinion.

Well, it's going to be odd for me cheering for him this year as a Wildcat, hoping the team performs well,,, and then hoping he goes 1-15 everytime he plays the Razorbacks from then on.

I'll just have to settle for cheering fror him when he goes to the NBA I guess.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on June 25, 2014, 02:45:54 pm
Quote from: centralarfan on June 25, 2014, 02:15:11 pm

Well, it's going to be odd for me cheering for him this year as a Wildcat, hoping the team performs well,,, and then hoping he goes 1-15 everytime he plays the Razorbacks from then on.

I'll just have to settle for cheering fror him when he goes to the NBA I guess.

Lots of steps before the NBA, I've not read where he's a sure fire can't miss. Hopefully, he fouls out early against Jonesboro.   ;D

FootBallar21

I respect any decision he makes, he is one of the best players to come out of the state in the last few years joining ,  Goodwin and Portis .     He has the right to go where ever he wants,   I would like to argue that right now Florida isn't the better place for him though,   I've seen his game and he would fit great into Arkansas system and thrive .   Also looking at Current Top 25 Polls and RPI Rankings,  most people at ESPN have already said Florida did so horrible in Non conference it is very doubtful they even have a shot for the NCAA tournament this year!   And Arkansas is playing better than ever,  The SEC appears to be back like it was in the 90's All about Arkansas and Kentucky!    Also this Razorback team shouldn't loose much talent at all,  Unless Portis comes out early and even then a solid roster comes back,  paiar that with Whitt and if Allen choose to come to the Hill,  the future is very bright for Razorback basketball right now!     The program is closer than it has been in a long time,  Close enough that if playing for your home state School matters at all,  I could see him and Monk making that decision because both of those kids are REALLY Exceptional young men and great players and them choosing the hogs could, be the difference in the Razorbacks making it all the way back to final fours and competing for a NCAA title!   

MarionBlueDevil

I've been hearing a lot lately that Tennessee has captured Allen's attention and that may be why he hasn't signed with Florida yet.

Not sure if it's true, just passing it along.

STUNNA

Anderson has contract extended to 2020 that should help with recruiting

urban legend2

Memphis is making a strong push to flip Kevaughn right now...very strong. I think the UA is still trying hard to snatch him up as well.

FootBallar21

listening to Bo's show on the radio,  Dudly and Clay Henry both think Allen will flip to the hogs! 

centralarfan

Allen will end up with UCONN!!! Remember I said it.

WPWells

I'll remember it and then quote that post when you're wrong

edemire

Quote from: FootBallar21 on January 12, 2015, 03:36:48 pm
listening to Bo's show on the radio,  Dudly and Clay Henry both think Allen will flip to the hogs!

I just spoke to Allen, his high school coach and his AAU coach. Here's the latest:

http://thesportsseer.com/2015/01/12/kevaughn-allen-set-on-florida-dismisses-chance-of-becoming-razorback/

A-Good-One

Trust Evin. The Hogs Illustrated crew is stoking.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on January 12, 2015, 09:09:37 pm
Trust Evin. The Hogs Illustrated crew is stoking.

Yeah, MA isn't even recruiting him anymore.

Brian G

He doesn't recruit players who are committed to other schools.

ricepig

neds

ricepig

Quote from: neds on January 12, 2015, 09:35:35 pm
How is Thompson's development coming?

Hard to tell, he was a project in my opinion, anyway. He looks to be in better shape, but he won't get much work this year.

neds

January 12, 2015, 10:02:32 pm #84 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:29:17 pm by neds
Nothing like game experience , which he (Thompson) isn't getting, but I am sure he is being challenged by Anderson in practice with Moses and BP.

Spaulding

just as a very late comment as I have not been on here for a while.... how much good did it do for Archie Goodwin to go to UK?  For those of you that have not yet had the opportunity, in my (uneducated) opinion, Malik is on a completely different level that of Goodwin, etc.  I have watched from Marvin Delph to Wille Cutts, to Corliss, etc.  Malik is on a different level.  GHG!

mack

Quote from: B.G. on January 12, 2015, 09:20:11 pm
He doesn't recruit players who are committed to other schools.

Well, he sort of does.  Coach Rice said MA called him to talk about Kevaughn's delayed signing.

FootBallar21

great article ,  sounds like the people around him,  have told him Arkansas isn't here so they must not want him,   If you look at the past and listen to Razorback sports guys,  this has Always been the way Mike Anderson handles players committed to other schools.   He needs to talk to Anton Beard,  who was committed to Missouri last year and Anderson backed off respecting his decision,  if He was and is really considering Arkansas he should of decommitted from Florida.    That is what Anderson is waiting on.  and if that happens I believe Arkansas will show the love and he will end up on the Hill, with HIll.     and speaking of Hill, I fully expect now that Arkansas has hired a very good Offensive coordinator that Hill will be back on board very soon. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas