• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 3A Running backs

Started by IknowFootball15, October 28, 2014, 09:24:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidWolf

Johnson carried the ball around 38-40 times against Prescott. Powerful runner.

WPWells

The statement "regardless of classification" is ridiculous. May is good but there are better running backs

OLDSCHOOL82

He's not a running back.  He's a full back.

WPWells

Then he doesn't even belong on this thread. Yeah two can play that game

DatBoot

October 29, 2014, 07:35:10 am #54 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:40:45 am by DatBoot
Quote from: redandgray on October 28, 2014, 12:28:38 pm
Cecil Langston at Rivercrest is a good one. 
155 car - 1,346 yards 17 TDs 8.7ypc

I wouldn't throw away Chris Johnson either..Doesn't get the ball nearly enough. But you'll know, bc he's going to thump that head when he comes through!

redandgray

Chris Johnson is a good one, but has been hurt most of the year and isn't near to the skill level of Langston.  He runs hard though.

DatBoot

Tell me what you see dreaming out of the I/Split Back set with these 2, running the veer and cross trap?

redandgray

I would love to see the Colts go back to the veer!

Longfellow

Quote from: Preacherman on October 28, 2014, 08:50:06 pm
Bryson May from Booneville is the best RB in the state, regardless of classification. He is having a great year behind an O-Line that has been very questionable. You never know how they are going to show up. Bryson has help from Berry and Smith but May is by far the best in the state
Wow. Just wow. This post is laughable. Is this kid better than Carlos Burton from Glen Rose or Jaqwis Dancy from Junction City. I played against Burton and that kid is salty. Dancy has been MVP of the state title game 2 years in a row. Could you please give some reasoning behind this statement?

OB11

Quote from: DatBoot on October 29, 2014, 07:35:10 am
Quote from: redandgray on October 28, 2014, 12:28:38 pm
Cecil Langston at Rivercrest is a good one. 
155 car - 1,346 yards 17 TDs 8.7ypc

I wouldn't throw away Chris Johnson either..Doesn't get the ball nearly enough. But you'll know, bc he's going to thump that head when he comes through!

+1

Quote from: redandgray on October 29, 2014, 09:30:22 am
I would love to see the Colts go back to the veer!

Amen.  Loved the days when the Colts could run the ball and dare teams to stop it.  Everyone knew what was coming, and everyone knew the other team couldn't do a thing about it. 

WPWells

Bryson May isn't even a running back. I got corrected last night. So that makes the whole post invalid

redandgray

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on October 29, 2014, 10:09:05 am

+1

Agreed!  He runs hard.  I hate that he's been hurt on and off most of his senior year.

mack truck

Even though Fordyce doesn't have a great line this year, they have a Jr Jakeymes Gates who is bascially plays at the fullback position.Also plays both ways
115 ATT  Total 1200YDS, 85.9YPG, 14TDS

SittingBearHeart92

Cameron Anderson for Barton is one of the premier backs in 3A.  He has close to a thousand yards.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mack truck on October 29, 2014, 10:54:12 am
Even though Fordyce doesn't have a great line this year, they have a Jr Jakeymes Gates who is bascially plays at the fullback position.Also plays both ways
115 ATT  Total 1200YDS, 85.9YPG, 14TDS
jakeymes? i bet visiting announcers have fun with that.

mack truck

They pretty much mess it up. Some just say Gates.

sprout

BHG running back Jon Johnson sees 9-10 in the box every game and still puts up those numbers . Impressive

rayzorbackfan

Quote from: Longfellow on October 29, 2014, 10:04:13 am
Quote from: Preacherman

link=topic=138717.msg3056482#msg3056482 date=1414547406

Bryson May from Booneville is the best RB in the state, regardless of classification. He is having a great year behind an O-Line that has been very questionable. You never know how they are going to show up. Bryson has help from Berry and Smith but May is by far the best in the state
Wow. Just wow. This post is laughable. Is this kid better than Carlos Burton from Glen Rose or Jaqwis Dancy from Junction City. I played against Burton and that kid is salty. Dancy has been MVP of the state title game 2 years in a row. Could you please give some reasoning behind this statement?
well since Burton or the kid from JC are not playing 3A ball this year and this is a thread about the best running backs in 3A save your JC talk for the 2A chat room.

owl84

The kid from Fouke is a pretty good running back, he just has no support and gets worn down quickly.

WPWells

Longfellow is a 3A poster and was replying to the notion that May is the best in 3A regardless of classification. Calm down bro

KOJACK

Khaalid Stewart of Prescott is solid.

cdelaney

We actually have 3 pretty good running backs at ECS, don't get good stats cause we pass too much, but all three have been injured. The best in terms of taking it to the house has been out since game 2, has been practicing some but doubt if he will play this week. (12th Man will recognize him). One of the others will be back, the third maybe next week.

WPWells

Which one is he and why would I recognize him?

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 31, 2014, 12:30:44 pm
Which one is he and why would I recognize him?
Basketball, and not Freeman or the Geese

WPWells

KOJACK

WPWells

He as good at football as basketball?

Pastureboy21

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 31, 2014, 02:02:23 pm
He as good at football as basketball?
Limited sample size so far. Was very impressive against first two opponents but they were Dewitt and Conway Christian. Hasn't played again this year. Before that he hadn't played since 7th or 8th grade. Hopefully he can come back this year and we can see how he does against playoff teams.

Beaver Fever

After last night Jon Johnson set himself apart from the rest of the pack.

I wish Carlos was playing,  him, jon, and stewart ( i believe is his name) would represent the 5aaa well!

Blazer51

Quote from: rayzorbackfan on October 31, 2014, 09:46:09 am
Quote from: Longfellow on October 29, 2014, 10:04:13 am
Quote from: Preacherman

link=topic=138717.msg3056482#msg3056482 date=1414547406

well since Burton or the kid from JC are not playing 3A ball this year and this is a thread about the best running backs in 3A save your JC talk for the 2A chat room.

I believe the original post that you quoted the guy said "regardless of classification" opened up the discussion to more than just 3a

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas