• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest at Melbourne

Started by redandgray, October 27, 2014, 10:41:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redandgray

ISU7

RC will have to score to win this one, their defense is suspect..

bdubyab60

Paperman

Colts have better athletes in my opinion, but the Bearkatz do have some talent. I think RHS is a little more athletic, but the Colts need to tackle better. This is something I mention in almost every post on this team. I hope Coach Chandler and company have a successful trip to the outer realm!

Bearkatz51

game won't be close.  Melbourne lost Senior QB for rest of season and the backup is too young /inexperienced. Rivercrest by 21

redandgray

bootlegger

I think the colts will get a little more consistant the rest of the year.I feel they know how important these last two regular season games are and they will step it up.just my opinion.

DatBoot

#15 QB did go down, and I've seen the RB take over some and a young QB in as well. Yes we need to hit and wrap up, especially the RB #21. I know we can wrap up bc I've seen it happen in games. Will be a haul for the Colts, so I hope the time spent is getting their heads right on THIS GAME, and not next week, bc they are both equally important! Griffin has done outstanding at QB, hope he continues to move the ball well as well as Langston. I would like to see a reverse out of that offense with Johnson,but I'm not the Coach. Best of luck to both Chandler and McCarn and safe travels! Come out on fire like against Gosnell RED!!

OB11

Picking Rivercrest in this one just for the simple fact that Melbourne spells Bearkatz with a K and a Z. ;D  Seriously though, Rivercrest needs these next two games.   

redandgray

DatBoot

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on October 28, 2014, 08:19:40 am
Picking Rivercrest in this one just for the simple fact that Melbourne spells Bearkatz with a K and a Z. ;D  Seriously though, Rivercrest needs these next two games.   

;D

redandgray

Ready to make this journey today!  Hope it's a great one!  Go Colts!

OB11

I'm gong to be making the trip as well.  Hope everyone has safe travels and wish both teams luck.  This by far should be the best game in the 3-3A this week.

Coltfan2005

Coltfan2005

Seems at some point the coach calling the plays for the Colt's defense would figure out that Melbourne is running the same three plays.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 31, 2014, 07:21:11 pm
Seems at some point the coach calling the plays for the Colt's defense would figure out that Melbourne is running the same three plays.
Dont hold your breath Coltfan..lol

Coltfan2005

anyone wanting to listen to this mess can go to myhometownradiostations.com and click on the bearkatz live stream

Coltfan2005

an onside kick? what a concept! 14-7 bearkatz
half back pass complete, colts 1st down
1:19 in half
Griffin sacked back at 40

Coltfan2005

griffin to chew down to Bearkatz 25. 57 seconds

Coltfan2005

OB11

I think Melbourne's QB is going for attempts/yards record in a single game. Kept it literally every play.

Coltfan2005

Coltfan2005

ambulance on field for Bearkatz player. Good thoughts to him and his family.

Big Red Fan 54

Good thoughts here as well. Any update on the score.

OB11

34-28 Melbourne wins in double overtime.

OB11

When I have time, I am going to make a long thought out post about what I saw tonight in this game. Not necessarily about what happened on the field. If I didn't have to drive home I'd probably say something I'd regret.

Bearkatz51

I am pleasantly surprised that Melbourne was able to pull out this victory without a QB.  I was not able to go to game because of responsibilities with church outing, I would guess MHS must have run a lot of Wildcat plays with Romero(rb).

redandgray

Colts are just not very good. They had their chances. Line play was inconsistent at best. The Romero kid from Melbourne had over 60 carries. I've never seen that.

ISU7

Quote from: redandgray on November 01, 2014, 09:31:56 am
Colts are just not very good. They had their chances. Line play was inconsistent at best. The Romero kid from Melbourne had over 60 carries. I've never seen that.
Week 9 you would think all the kinks would be long worked out. Adjustments, and players moved around shouldve been made. Talent in the wrong positions is no good..

ISU7

November 01, 2014, 10:39:29 am #29 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:41:00 am by ISU7
Quote from: ISU7 on October 27, 2014, 12:52:58 pm
RC will have to score to win this one, their defense is suspect..
Right on cue......Defense couldnt stop one guy..smh

Big Red Fan 54

Tough to lose that way so much. You are right at this point things should have been adjusted. Congrats to Melbourne don't want to take anything away from your win. Good luck the rest of the way. I really hope the Colts can pull Iit together and beat the Seminoles. Just because it's Osceola.  Go Colts!

redandgray

It's not adjustments at this point. Part of it is an overall lack of talent. Too many holes to patch. Kids are playing hard but just not great players.

OB11

Quote from: redandgray on November 01, 2014, 02:00:41 pm
It's not adjustments at this point. Part of it is an overall lack of talent. Too many holes to patch. Kids are playing hard but just not great players.

Agreed.  Watching this team, they just don't look like Rivercrest.  There's a lack of energy and they don't look like they are playing together.  Too many individuals, not enough teammates. 

bootlegger

It seems the colt fans are giving up on them.when the colts are playing good everyone is on the band wagon and when there not playing well they are throwed under the bus.the colts cannot be conference champs every year.I personally think they will give Osceola all they want this Friday.

Coltfan2005

I don't think anyone "throwed" them under a bus. For one thing, it's illegal. You just have some fans expressing their opinions. They are not calling out any particular player.

redandgray

No one is giving up on them or throwing anyone under the bus. We know good football and we're being honest. I bleed red and gray!

luxora4life

Quote from: redandgray on November 01, 2014, 02:00:41 pm

What's the other part?

redandgray

That Demoine's last season was 2010. LOL

OB11

The top half of the conference is a lot more competitive this year IMO.  Seems like everyone is a bit more even.  I know Osceola has not lost in conference yet, but anything can happen when the Colts and Seminoles play.  Melbourne was a good edition to the conference with the loss of Earle.  Hopefully Rivercrest can figure it out this week and take some momentum into the playoffs.

luxora4life

Quote from: redandgray on November 01, 2014, 09:35:32 pm

What did the stats look like last night?

luxora4life

Quote from: redandgray on November 01, 2014, 09:35:32 pm

Ok.  His lil brother will be ready to go in a couple year.

redandgray

luxora4life

ISU7

redandgray

I'll have stats together soon. I know the boy from Melbourne had over 60 carries!!!

luxora4life

Quote from: redandgray on November 02, 2014, 12:36:42 pm
I'll have stats together soon. I know the boy from Melbourne had over 60 carries!!!

That's crazy!

redandgray

Rivercrest had 290 total yards to Melbourne's 369.
Rivercrest had 34 carries for 131 yards and were 8 of 15 passing for 159 yards.
Melbourne had 70 carries for 333 yards and were 3 for 3 passing for 36 yards.

Cecil Langston had 19 carries for 115 yards, a 78 yard kickoff return for a TD and 9 tackles, 4 for a loss, 2 QB hurries, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble.
Brayden Wilson had 15 tackles, Hunter Malone had 12 tackles, Dylan Henard 10.

The running back from Melbourne played QB...they just direct snapped it to him and he had 60 carries for 294 yards and 4 TDs (2 in overtime)

bdubyab60

Thats toting the rock right there

redandgray

No kidding...I've never seen that.  I think I saw a kid with 40+ in a game against us but never 60

bdubyab60

Yeah ive seen some 30 and 40  carries in a game. Like you said 60 thats some stamina there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas