• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECS @ Benton Harmony Grove

Started by sprout, October 25, 2014, 10:02:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy22

Tell us about all that talent....you know so much about Prescott.  That senior class was known as a blue collar group.  One guy went to play college football.  Barton beat us because the ball bounced real funny in the second half.....a pooch kick, a fumble three in that game doubling our season total, a horrible call in the first half that cost us to put the game away in second quarter, and Barton played great.  Also it was three years ago....you seem obsessed with that game.  Post for Barton if you like them so much.  We will gladly play Barton any day.  We lost in the semis three years ago when we were 13 and 0 and probably played the toughest schedule in the history of the 3A since 2006.  Okay there it is everybody knows about it.  What else do you need to say about it?  It still won't help BHG against Episcopal.

Marcell Ledbetter

Well that clears up everything.  I take it all back......

KOJACK

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 29, 2014, 07:33:44 pm
Well that clears up everything.  I take it all back......
Keep winning the second half bro...see how that works out. Maybe if your kids had heart they would start out stronger. Tell us about prescott's talent bro. Just go beat ECS so u can say y'all have done something. You'll be there up close and personal right??? Who do you roll with? Whoever Prescott plays? Get off our jock chump...js. Talk about BHG or something

Marcell Ledbetter

I apologize for criticizing Prescott.  Here you go, www.herffjones.com

snoopy22

Hey what y'all think about the BHG and Episcopal game?
Man I think Episcopal will win.
I think BHG will win.
BHG has a great running game I think they win.
Episcopal is really talented I think they have too much speed for BHG.
....and then out of nowhere Marcel Ledbetter chimes this in.
When Prescott loses in the playoffs it won't be for lack of talent.  Three years ago they got beat by Barton.
what in the world
what in the world
what in the world
what in the world
lol
Smh
what in the world

DeeGee

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 29, 2014, 10:32:25 pm
Hey what y'all think about the BHG and Episcopal game?
Man I think Episcopal will win.
I think BHG will win.
BHG has a great running game I think they win.
Episcopal is really talented I think they have too much speed for BHG.
....and then out of nowhere Marcel Ledbetter chimes this in.
When Prescott loses in the playoffs it won't be for lack of talent.  Three years ago they got beat by Barton.
what in the world
what in the world
what in the world
what in the world
lol
Smh
what in the world

I think you forgot to say "WHAT IN THE WORLD!!!" Lol
Sorry, I know you all are having an intense debate but I had to say it!!! Ok you all can carry on now.  ;D

Marcell Ledbetter

I wonder why he did not take exception to the smack talking tangent Dee? I found that entertaining personally.

DeeGee

Found what entertaining?  My response? That was not to snoopy22 that was to maytag and clarifying to Beaver Fever. I was simply being honest. There isn't a team in all of football who don't talk smack. And not a person on here who don't talk some smack as well lol! We all win that award! So could you clarify what you were meaning? Then I might have an opinion or response.

KOJACK

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 29, 2014, 08:27:56 pm
I apologize for criticizing Prescott.  Here you go, www.herffjones.com
So you don't have anything to say about your team. Ok...keep riding bro. What a maroon...lol
On a side note since this is an ECS BHG thread, I've got ECS by 3 TDs.

Marcell Ledbetter

No i probably have a few more things to say.  Check out the website.  Visa and MasterCard is accepted, allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Marcell Ledbetter

Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 30, 2014, 12:27:33 am
Found what entertaining?  My response? That was not to snoopy22 that was to maytag and clarifying to Beaver Fever. I was simply being honest. There isn't a team in all of football who don't talk smack. And not a person on here who don't talk some smack as well lol! We all win that award! So could you clarify what you were meaning? Then I might have an opinion or response.
Just making the point that there were other conversations other that ECS and BHG game on this thread, not just me aggravating snoopy and KOJACK. No offense intended. 

KOJACK

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 30, 2014, 07:10:56 am
No i probably have a few more things to say.  Check out the website.  Visa and MasterCard is accepted, allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Why don't you show off your ring muscle man? Don't you have one? Allow yourself about 3-4 weeks then you  can start following the Curley Wolves when y'all are eliminated lol. You'll get them turned around though...NOT lol

snoopy22

DeeGee

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 30, 2014, 07:18:10 am
Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 30, 2014, 12:27:33 am
Just making the point that there were other conversations other that ECS and BHG game on this thread, not just me aggravating snoopy and KOJACK. No offense intended.

Oh ok. Well it wasn't really a "conversation" per say. Just a comment in response to Glen Rose being brought up when I felt there was no need for it. What thread don't get derailed at times? You all's conversation is quite a bit more intense, to me more of a debate of past wins/losses. To add my 2 cents to that, BHG is very much improved over the last few years and Prescott is a tradition rich team with years of experience. As you can tell by GR this year, you really can't judge teams off of past wins/losses because 1 sudden change of events can throw a wrinkle into any teams season. Good luck to both of you all's teams in the playoffs. Represent 5-3A well our conference mates!

snoopy22

DeeGee

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 29, 2014, 05:52:49 pm
Quote from: Oldman on October 29, 2014, 03:48:38 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 29, 2014, 02:40:17 pm
Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 29, 2014, 12:17:29 pm
Why is it everytime Glen rose is brought up its negative and ive never se en our coaches cuss or scream at other Team player people need to learn  some respect

They wasn't talking about the coach's screaming and cussing, they were saying our players talk smack. And as I said, all football players, regardless of what level of play, talk smack on the field. Not just Glen Rose. To call us out for that was an uneducated comment. Anyone who knows football knows it's a part of the game. Some take it too far, on all teams, but it happens none the less. It's not just football players, it's all sports. Anything there is competition in there will be smack talk.
when i beat you at pool it will be as a gentleman. i will not talk smack.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!!! Hahaha
There is major smack talk in billiards!  Maybe even more than football lol. Have you been to a pool hall lately???

And another derailed thread lol
ok, when you are crushing me in pool i will talk smack.

DeeGee

Quote from: Oldman on October 30, 2014, 08:53:07 am
Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 29, 2014, 05:52:49 pm
Quote from: Oldman on October 29, 2014, 03:48:38 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 29, 2014, 02:40:17 pm
Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 29, 2014, 12:17:29 pm
Why is it everytime Glen rose is brought up its negative and ive never se en our coaches cuss or scream at other Team player people need to learn  some respect

They wasn't talking about the coach's screaming and cussing, they were saying our players talk smack. And as I said, all football players, regardless of what level of play, talk smack on the field. Not just Glen Rose. To call us out for that was an uneducated comment. Anyone who knows football knows it's a part of the game. Some take it too far, on all teams, but it happens none the less. It's not just football players, it's all sports. Anything there is competition in there will be smack talk.
when i beat you at pool it will be as a gentleman. i will not talk smack.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!!! Hahaha
There is major smack talk in billiards!  Maybe even more than football lol. Have you been to a pool hall lately???

And another derailed thread lol
ok, when you are crushing me in pool i will talk smack.

Lol sounds like a plan! Just so you know I talk smack even when I'm winning! It's motivation!  Lol

RiceBurner501

snoopy22

I thought it was a bad matchup for BHG....Evidently I was wrong.  Congrats to Episcopal on the win and congrats to BHG on playing a good game.

Pastureboy21

Great football game. Both teams played great. Wildcats took it in the 4th

Beaver Fever

Must have been a remarkable game, the Johnson kid must have went off for bhg to score that many.

cdelaney

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 31, 2014, 10:49:00 pm
Great football game. Both teams played great. Wildcats took it in the 4th
Johnson must have had 300 yds. ECS made enough plays to win. Had a stop on 2pt PAT with 2 min left in game. Allie Freeman tackles Johnson on 5 yd line. Great game could have gone either way.

sprout

Johnson 34 Att 380 YDS 4 TDS. It was a great game to watch. ECS just made plays to win. Good luck to ECS in the playoffs.

Xmulerider

I enjoyed what part of the game that I saw.  I underestimated the quality of my clothes.  I need to buy a better windbreaker. 

Beaver Fever

I taklked with a friend that went to the game and said Johnson was amazing.

He was also disappointed in the guy ecs had in the pressbox, said he was screaming things from atop the box where the filmer was.  I thought the pressbox was for coaches only. 

DeeGee

Looks like BHG put up a darn good fight! Only losing by 1, impressive!  I been saying they are a lot better than they are given credit for! Congrats to both teams for I'm sure a dang good game!

cdelaney

Quote from: Beaver Fever on November 01, 2014, 09:26:35 am

He was also disappointed in the guy ecs had in the pressbox, said he was screaming things from atop the box where the filmer was.  I thought the pressbox was for coaches only.
One of our non-varsity coaches has been with the filming guy at home games and I have heard him yelling "suggestions" at the players at times. Not sure why your buddy was upset about it?

cdelaney

Quote from: cdelaney on November 01, 2014, 11:34:54 am
Quote from: Beaver Fever on November 01, 2014, 09:26:35 am

One of our non-varsity coaches has been with the filming guy at home games and I have heard him yelling "suggestions" at the players at times. Not sure why your buddy was upset about it?
And on the subject of minor irritants, BHG had a great band but I hate how they played when ECS had the ball and was trying to run a play. Apparently this is not against the rules though.

Xmulerider

They also need to put lids on the coffee cups! :):)

sprout

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 29, 2014, 07:58:47 am
Episcopal will beat the brakes off BHG.  We have played both teams and there is no comparison.  Episcopal is one of the best and most explosive teams in the state and BHG is not.  I will be shocked if BHG beats or stays real close to Episcopal.  When you can take an offensive tackle and throw for over 400 yards I think that speaks volumes for how talented Episcopal is.
You were WAY off! BHG held their own. Did Episcopal not have all their starters back Friday night?

cdelaney

Quote from: sprout on November 02, 2014, 10:01:22 am
Episcopal will beat the brakes off BHG.  We have played both teams and there is no comparison.  Episcopal is one of the best and most explosive teams in the state and BHG is not.  I will be shocked if BHG beats or stays real close to Episcopal.  When you can take an offensive tackle and throw for over 400 yards I think that speaks volumes for how talented Episcopal is.
You were WAY off! BHG held their own. Did Episcopal not have all their starters back Friday night?
At the start of the game we were missing 2 RB's who both start on defense and play pretty much full time defense. #3 at LB and #27 at corner. Two of our best defenders. They would not have stifled Johnson but would have limited the damage some. In the first half we lost our other 2 RBs #7 and #34. Played 2nd half without a single RB.  Which is why Freeman took handoffs after we stopped 2pt conversion and we were trying to kill the clock.
Don't know who will be ready this week but hopeful they will all be fine by Nov 14.

sprout

Quote from: cdelaney on November 02, 2014, 10:48:32 am
At the start of the game we were missing 2 RB's who both start on defense and play pretty much full time defense. #3 at LB and #27 at corner. Two of our best defenders. They would not have stifled Johnson but would have limited the damage some. In the first half we lost our other 2 RBs #7 and #34. Played 2nd half without a single RB.  Which is why Freeman took handoffs after we stopped 2pt conversion and we were trying to kill the clock.
Don't know who will be ready this week but hopeful they will all be fine by Nov 14.
What  happened to #7? I didn't see him out there after the first series. He had several nice runs.

snoopy22

You are right and I immediately said I was wrong.  It's on a post, go back and look I acknowledged I was wrong.  They basically were without four real good players too though, so that was a factor.

snoopy22

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 31, 2014, 10:36:09 pm
I thought it was a bad matchup for BHG....Evidently I was wrong.  Congrats to Episcopal on the win and congrats to BHG on playing a good game.
I found it...here is my post after the game.

Sick Dog

Glen Rose has the reputation for smack talking but so does BHG too. I think they have some players from there on their team so maybe it is carrying over to that program. GR has won a championship and played for the last two but I don't think BHG has played for a conference championship so why do they talk smack? Hear they have a good RB though by the stats n paper. Has a lot of carries. Has he always been from BHG or is he a move in? Just curious.

snoopy22

cdelaney

Quote from: sprout on November 02, 2014, 07:17:29 pm
Quote from: cdelaney on November 02, 2014, 10:48:32 am
What  happened to #7? I didn't see him out there after the first series. He had several nice runs.
He re-injured his leg. He's the one who broke the long TD run in 2nd qtr that was called back because of holding called on a WR 20 yds behind the play. Never came back in. He probably has 500+ yds on maybe 20 carries this yr in parts of 3 games.

Wheels

Johnson (BHG RB) isn't a move in. He's attended BHG K-11. Yes he has a lot of carries but averages 10.0 yards per carry in a run oriented offense. Up until the last two games against Prescott (41) and ECS (34) averaged just 15 carries a game.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 26, 2014, 08:38:14 pm
Quote from: sprout on October 26, 2014, 08:14:31 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 26, 2014, 06:12:49 pm
Why we gotta be brought up in this? I haven't seen a football team yet that the players don't talk some smack on the field. Say your's don't and I'll say you need to ask the Lord for forgiveness for lying. It's human nature to talk smack to an opponent and especially with teenage boys. Don't act like GR boys are the only ones in high school football to talk smack.
My response was about BHG's coaching staff and how the do not tolerate it. I never said anything close to what you just posted...minus the part about your coaching staff ( :

I was referring to maytag's comment.
All player's/coaches at some point talk smack. It's football, aggression comes from trash talk and hatred. Which turns into determination and great plays are made. Not 1 football player or coach (fans included) can say they have never honestly talked smack to another player/team. I call BS if they claim they haven't. I've even seen pastors at games get heated, and then ask for forgiveness on Sunday.
Maytag is implying that the rest of the state keeps trash talking somewhat civil unlike Glen Rose who shoves refs and starts fights.

snoopy22

I thought he had 43 against Prescott.

Wheels

sprout

November 03, 2014, 06:13:20 pm #92 Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:53:24 pm by sprout
Quote from: snoopy22 on November 03, 2014, 07:57:12 am
I thought he had 43 against Prescott.
lighten up snoop dog.

DeeGee

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on November 02, 2014, 10:21:57 pm
Why we gotta be brought up in this? I haven't seen a football team yet that the players don't talk some smack on the field. Say your's don't and I'll say you need to ask the Lord for forgiveness for lying. It's human nature to talk smack to an opponent and especially with teenage boys. Don't act like GR boys are the only ones in high school football to talk smack.
My response was about BHG's coaching staff and how the do not tolerate it. I never said anything close to what you just posted...minus the part about your coaching staff ( :

All player's/coaches at some point talk smack. It's football, aggression comes from trash talk and hatred. Which turns into determination and great plays are made. Not 1 football player or coach (fans included) can say they have never honestly talked smack to another player/team. I call BS if they claim they haven't. I've even seen pastors at games get heated, and then ask for forgiveness on Sunday.
Maytag is implying that the rest of the state keeps trash talking somewhat civil unlike Glen Rose who shoves refs and starts fights.

And he couldn't respond that himself?
I've seen it on all levels of play, so targeting Glen Rose as the only team in the state that it supposedly happens in is rubbish. So how I see this is, because BHG had some players smack talk it's automatically Glen Rose' fault?? How humorous!  We have our faults and own up to them, maybe others should own up theirs. It's really easy to point fingers and pass judgement, I'm not pointing fingers I've been guilty myself. But really? BHG's smack talk is their own, nothing to do with Glen Rose period! 

maytag

yes   i could have responded myself just chose not to, wasn't trying to get you wadded up

Hogwild#9

Quote from: DeeGoldie on November 03, 2014, 06:37:10 pm
Quote from: Hogwild#9 on November 02, 2014, 10:21:57 pm

And he couldn't respond that himself?
I've seen it on all levels of play, so targeting Glen Rose as the only team in the state that it supposedly happens in is rubbish. So how I see this is, because BHG had some players smack talk it's automatically Glen Rose' fault?? How humorous!  We have our faults and own up to them, maybe others should own up theirs. It's really easy to point fingers and pass judgement, I'm not pointing fingers I've been guilty myself. But really? BHG's smack talk is their own, nothing to do with Glen Rose period!
Nope. Completely Glen Rose's fault.

DeeGee

Well dang. I guess I'll have to tell these boys to quit showing other teams their skills. I'd hate for them to be just as hated. Lol

Hogwild#9

Quote from: DeeGoldie on November 04, 2014, 01:55:05 pm
Well dang. I guess I'll have to tell these boys to quit showing other teams their skills. I'd hate for them to be just as hated. Lol
Trash talking skills?

DeeGee

Isn't that what we were discussing? 
Geez....
To answer your question yes.
To clarify,  I was being sarcastic. Lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas