• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECS @ Benton Harmony Grove

Started by sprout, October 25, 2014, 10:02:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sprout

Can BHG bounce back after a tough loss to Prescott?

KOJACK

BHG is better, but it was 7 pts from the mercy rule to start the 3rd qtr. Also keeping starters in throughout the game is ???, but whatever. If ECS is healthy they win by 4 TD's if not it could be a shoot out. Btw BHG does talk a lot of smack to have an old school coach as head coach. Makes me think some young bucks are running the show.

Iron Owl

Quote from: KOJACK on October 25, 2014, 11:59:41 pm
BHG is better, but it was 7 pts from the mercy rule to start the 3rd qtr. Also keeping starters in throughout the game is ???, but whatever. If ECS is healthy they win by 4 TD's if not it could be a shoot out. Btw BHG does talk a lot of smack to have an old school coach as head coach. Makes me think some young bucks are running the show.
Hard to believe "Red" is still coaching.  I can sit around for hours on end, listening to him tell coaching stories.  BHG has seemed to show improvement this year...

sprout

Smack talking? I think BHG has a no tolerance for it unlike the Glen Blows coaching staff. BHG was one TD away from mercy rule.  Did you expect them to just lay down and quit?

WildcatGrandpa13

ECS is getting a couple key players back for the game on Friday, I'll take ECS by 21. ECS needs to make a statement in this game to prove to everyone that they are as good as we ECS posters say they are

snoopy22

Marcell Ledbetter

I sure did not see it Friday night.  ECS has play makers no doubt, but when BHG sees the film of how easily Bismarck ran the ball for most of the 1st half, they will feel very good about their chances.
Having watched both teams play, I believe the 2 seed is BHG's this year.

maytag

bhg does talk smack glen rose must be rubbing off on them         ecs by 14

DeeGee

Why we gotta be brought up in this? I haven't seen a football team yet that the players don't talk some smack on the field. Say your's don't and I'll say you need to ask the Lord for forgiveness for lying. It's human nature to talk smack to an opponent and especially with teenage boys. Don't act like GR boys are the only ones in high school football to talk smack.

hornethigh-mhs

KOJACK

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 26, 2014, 04:44:12 pm
I sure did not see it Friday night.  ECS has play makers no doubt, but when BHG sees the film of how easily Bismarck ran the ball for most of the 1st half, they will feel very good about their chances.
Having watched both teams play, I believe the 2 seed is BHG's this year.
For a big total of 14...You would be wrong. ECS by 21

sprout

October 26, 2014, 08:14:31 pm #11 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:41:07 pm by sprout
Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 26, 2014, 06:12:49 pm
Why we gotta be brought up in this? I haven't seen a football team yet that the players don't talk some smack on the field. Say your's don't and I'll say you need to ask the Lord for forgiveness for lying. It's human nature to talk smack to an opponent and especially with teenage boys. Don't act like GR boys are the only ones in high school football

I never said anything close to what you just said

Pastureboy21

Huge game. I know ECS will be favorited by most to win but it won't be an easy game at all. I just don't see BHG stopping the Wildcat offense.
Halftime score: 22-13 ECS
Final score 43-20 ECS

DeeGee

Quote from: sprout on October 26, 2014, 08:14:31 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 26, 2014, 06:12:49 pm
Why we gotta be brought up in this? I haven't seen a football team yet that the players don't talk some smack on the field. Say your's don't and I'll say you need to ask the Lord for forgiveness for lying. It's human nature to talk smack to an opponent and especially with teenage boys. Don't act like GR boys are the only ones in high school football to talk smack.
My response was about BHG's coaching staff and how the do not tolerate it. I never said anything close to what you just posted...minus the part about your coaching staff ( :

I was referring to maytag's comment.
All player's/coaches at some point talk smack. It's football, aggression comes from trash talk and hatred. Which turns into determination and great plays are made. Not 1 football player or coach (fans included) can say they have never honestly talked smack to another player/team. I call BS if they claim they haven't. I've even seen pastors at games get heated, and then ask for forgiveness on Sunday.

Marcell Ledbetter

I read in the paper today that ECS's QB passed for over 400 yards.  2 of BHG RB's combined for 377 yards rushing in a losing effort against Prescott's impregnable  defense.  Because ECS's QB accounted for at least half of the tackles from his LB position against Bismarck, I think either his offensive or defensive performance (or both) will suffer against a more talented and physical team.
It should be a great game with very two different styles of play.  I still think BHG wins with physicality and depth. 

SuperTurfMonkey

cdelaney

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 26, 2014, 08:40:04 pm
I read in the paper today that ECS's QB passed for over 400 yards.  2 of BHG RB's combined for 377 yards rushing in a losing effort against Prescott's impregnable  defense.  Because ECS's QB accounted for at least half of the tackles from his LB position against Bismarck, I think either his offensive or defensive performance (or both) will suffer against a more talented and physical team.
It should be a great game with very two different styles of play.  I still think BHG wins with physicality and depth.
you may not realize that the QB this past week is usually a tackle on offense and a linebacker on defense. The regular QB will be back this week, so you don't have to be so worried about Goose, although I am sure he appreciates your concern.
If ECS has their other defensive starters back this week and they are near full speed they will be fine. If they are out again then BHG might keep it close. With their full team there last Friday and starting QB, ECS wins by 60+ if they wanted to vs Bismarck.

Marcell Ledbetter

Yes I realize some ECS players were out. It's great they can get back on the field, especially the seniors. I also noticed that there were more coaches, managers and kids on crutches and in walking boots than there were football players when there was eleven on the field for the Wildcats. I didn't count, but it doesn't like there are enough to practice 11 on 11.
Wasn't a problem against Bismarck, I just think it will be when they roll into Haskell and face a prolific running team and as they advance in the playoffs. I don't see a lopsided win for either school in this one. I wish I could go watch it, should be a good one.

snoopy22

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: cdelaney on October 26, 2014, 09:52:12 pm
you may not realize that the QB this past week is usually a tackle on offense and a linebacker on defense. The regular QB will be back this week, so you don't have to be so worried about Goose, although I am sure he appreciates your concern.
If ECS has their other defensive starters back this week and they are near full speed they will be fine. If they are out again then BHG might keep it close. With their full team there last Friday and starting QB, ECS wins by 60+ if they wanted to vs Bismarck.
I completely agree cd. The game could've been very ugly with all our players healthy. With most of the players who were out on Friday playing against BHG, I think ECS takes it handily; if there are some setbacks, though, it could be a very close game

RiceBurner501

Ecs by 21 only if they get some folks back. If not it should be a closer one (20)

FNLsupporter

KOJACK

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 27, 2014, 06:09:04 am
Yes I realize some ECS players were out. It's great they can get back on the field, especially the seniors. I also noticed that there were more coaches, managers and kids on crutches and in walking boots than there were football players when there was eleven on the field for the Wildcats. I didn't count, but it doesn't like there are enough to practice 11 on 11.
Wasn't a problem against Bismarck, I just think it will be when they roll into Haskell and face a prolific running team and as they advance in the playoffs. I don't see a lopsided win for either school in this one. I wish I could go watch it, should be a good one.
Why couldn't you go watch it? ECS in a big way. And what is this depth for BHG you speak of? I never saw it.

maytag

ecs with their speed and size should be able to stop bhgs run, probably not every play because johnsons a beast but if their ends have enough speed they can get him behind the line and if he gets through the line they should have enough speed he cant go 99 on them; and wouldn't have gone 99 on cp if the Horn kid hadn't messed up his shoulder and came out in the 3rd qtr.

cdelaney

So I am just asking for clarification here. If the running game got 377 yds while the game was competitive/in doubt (qtrs 1-3 I guess?) then that is very impressive. I don't think stopping the run is Prescott's strongest suit on defense, but it is not terrible. But if a good portion of those yds were in the 4th not quite the same. So Marcel (or Kojack or cmorrow) can you clarify that for me. I might have to worry a little more!

KOJACK

Quote from: cdelaney on October 28, 2014, 11:23:25 am
So I am just asking for clarification here. If the running game got 377 yds while the game was competitive/in doubt (qtrs 1-3 I guess?) then that is very impressive. I don't think stopping the run is Prescott's strongest suit on defense, but it is not terrible. But if a good portion of those yds were in the 4th not quite the same. So Marcel (or Kojack or cmorrow) can you clarify that for me. I might have to worry a little more!
28-0 at the half and 35-8 starting the 4th qtr...js

Marcell Ledbetter

I don't know, maybe Prescott tries to score their points in the first half and quits playing hard in the second half.  I haven't seen them play yet.
My point is that BHG's running game is enormously better  than Bismarck and you know as well as I do that had Bismarck not fumbled in the shadow of ESC's goal line right before halftime that game would have been tied at the half.  ESC has the potential to score from anywhere on the field with a doubt, unless they are playing defense.  Look for 4 quarters of what the first two against Bismarck was like, is my point.

Marcell Ledbetter

"Without a doubt" I should have said

WildcatGrandpa13

Even if BHG's run game is as good as you say it is, BHG will have to outscore ECS...and I have heard, not sure though, that Kelvin Robinson is playing this week, so it won't be close on Friday

cdelaney

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 28, 2014, 03:48:03 pm

I don't know, maybe Prescott tries to score their points in the first half and quits playing hard in the second half.  I haven't seen them play yet.
My point is that BHG's running game is enormously better  than Bismarck and you know as well as I do that had Bismarck not fumbled in the shadow of ESC's goal line right before halftime that game would have been tied at the half.  ESC has the potential to score from anywhere on the field with a doubt, unless they are playing defense.  Look for 4 quarters of what the first two against Bismarck was like, is my point.
That may be true. I am sure that BHG will have a stronger and more consistent running game vs ECS than Bismarck. ECS will have a stronger defense unless the players who should be returning this week either cannot play or are significantly hampered by their injuries. I still don't have a feel for whether BHG had a lot of running success against the Prescott 1st team defense- how much of their almost 400 yds was in the 1st half?
This game could go one of two ways: ECS gets off to a good start, gets an early lead, and controls the game; or ECS stumbles/has turnovers, and BHG controls the ball and makes a game of it. I know BHG is overall good enough to give ECS problems especially  if they don't come prepared to play hard  on defense.

cdelaney

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on October 28, 2014, 05:18:07 pm
Even if BHG's run game is as good as you say it is, BHG will have to outscore ECS...and I have heard, not sure though, that Kelvin Robinson is playing this week, so it won't be close on Friday
I've heard he has been practicing this week but that doesn't mean he will play, or that he will be close to full speed if he does play. I am just glad he is back on the practice field which at least should help in the playoffs. But wouldn't want him to play this week if he is not close to 100%.

Marcell Ledbetter

I agree.  Both teams are playing for a lot.  I admire both squads for different reasons.  Should be a great game.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 28, 2014, 05:42:12 pm
I agree.  Both teams are playing for a lot.  I admire both squads for different reasons.  Should be a great game.
In a game like this, with a lot riding on the line, it really comes down to who wants it more.

snoopy22

They had two real long touchdown runs on the Prescott JV defense.  They probably got 120 or 130 on Jv.

Marcell Ledbetter

Prescott's bench has been thrown under the bus all season.  I guess they have given up every point scored against the Wolves. 
I thought JV games were played on Tuesday.  Friday night games are 48 minutes.   "The mighty Curly Wolves have scored their points now accept your fate" attitude is not going to serve them well in the playoffs. Prescott may not play as many teams with as much talent in the 5-3A, but I admire the heart of teams that battle to the end.   
BTW Prescott shut out BHG in the first half but was out scored 8-7 in the 3rd quarter and 24-12 in the 4th.  Look around the state Prescott, great teams aren't doing that.  There's a difference between talent and heart.

KOJACK

October 29, 2014, 07:01:10 am #35 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:56:55 am by KOJACK
Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 29, 2014, 06:47:19 am
Prescott's bench has been thrown under the bus all season.  I guess they have given up every point scored against the Wolves. 
I thought JV games were played on Tuesday.  Friday night games are 48 minutes.   "The mighty Curly Wolves have scored their points now accept your fate" attitude is not going to serve them well in the playoffs. Prescott may not play as many teams with as much talent in the 5-3A, but I admire the heart of teams that battle to the end.   
BTW Prescott shut out BHG in the first half but was out scored 8-7 in the 3rd quarter and 24-12 in the 4th.  Look around the state Prescott, great teams aren't doing that.  There's a difference between talent and heart.
And there's a difference in playing for stats or playing to get the w and keeping starters healthy. If it makes you sleep better at night saying you "won" the second half...then go right ahead. But know that you are still playing for second place in conf. Maybe you can win the whole game and get that two seed...I wouldn't count on it though. So win that second half again bro

KOJACK

BHG had 135 yds rushing and 5 yds passing at the half...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 28, 2014, 07:54:46 pm
In a game like this, with a lot riding on the line, it really comes down to who wants it more.
no it doesn't.

snoopy22

Episcopal will beat the brakes off BHG.  We have played both teams and there is no comparison.  Episcopal is one of the best and most explosive teams in the state and BHG is not.  I will be shocked if BHG beats or stays real close to Episcopal.  When you can take an offensive tackle and throw for over 400 yards I think that speaks volumes for how talented Episcopal is.

AmSycho

All talented teams everywhere on all levels rest starters when the game is won. Brady came out of the game last week (I wasn't too happy due to fantasy football reasons)...it happens at every level. There's no point in keeping your foot on the gas pedal and slaughtering your opponent while taking the chance of getting someone hurt.

It happens with every sport. I.E. Pitch counts for pitchers in baseball (Do you think the pitcher has no heart to finish the game, no. They don't want to get him hurt.)

Throwing the back ups in there while the other team is still playing their starters is valuable game experience for the youngsters that you cannot truly simulate in a practice setting.

I'm a fan of playing the starters until the mid to end of the 3rd quarter as the season gets later on just to keep them polished for the playoffs. Each coach has his own beliefs. But outside of a kid building stats for the Heisman or trying to break a record in their final game, you won't find a coach in the country that will have his starters in there once the game is out of reach late in the game.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: Oldman on October 29, 2014, 07:52:13 am
Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 28, 2014, 07:54:46 pm
no it doesn't.
How do you know?

Pastureboy21

Quote from: AmSycho on October 29, 2014, 08:15:52 am
All talented teams everywhere on all levels rest starters when the game is won. Brady came out of the game last week (I wasn't too happy due to fantasy football reasons)...it happens at every level. There's no point in keeping your foot on the gas pedal and slaughtering your opponent while taking the chance of getting someone hurt.

It happens with every sport. I.E. Pitch counts for pitchers in baseball (Do you think the pitcher has no heart to finish the game, no. They don't want to get him hurt.)

Throwing the back ups in there while the other team is still playing their starters is valuable game experience for the youngsters that you cannot truly simulate in a practice setting.

I'm a fan of playing the starters until the mid to end of the 3rd quarter as the season gets later on just to keep them polished for the playoffs. Each coach has his own beliefs. But outside of a kid building stats for the Heisman or trying to break a record in their final game, you won't find a coach in the country that will have his starters in there once the game is out of reach late in the game.
Just letting you know that it wasn't a planned thing for the OT to start, QB just got injured and they decided to keep him for a game so he could heal

Marcell Ledbetter

That OT is a pretty darn good back up. The starter must be something to to see.

cdelaney

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 29, 2014, 10:21:40 am
That OT is a pretty darn good back up. The starter must be something to to see.
He is a very good athlete, excellent bball player. He got a lot of yards on deep passes, had more trouble on shorter routes when the coverage was a little better. He can step in again if needed, but our O-line is much better with him in it.
He also can drive the bus, mix up the gatorade, promote world peace, and is able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

beaverfan007

Why is it everytime Glen rose is brought up its negative and ive never se en our coaches cuss or scream at other Team player people need to learn  some respect

WPWells

Or you could take off your blinders. That's always a good option

DeeGee

Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 29, 2014, 12:17:29 pm
Why is it everytime Glen rose is brought up its negative and ive never se en our coaches cuss or scream at other Team player people need to learn  some respect

They wasn't talking about the coach's screaming and cussing, they were saying our players talk smack. And as I said, all football players, regardless of what level of play, talk smack on the field. Not just Glen Rose. To call us out for that was an uneducated comment. Anyone who knows football knows it's a part of the game. Some take it too far, on all teams, but it happens none the less. It's not just football players, it's all sports. Anything there is competition in there will be smack talk.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 29, 2014, 02:40:17 pm

They wasn't talking about the coach's screaming and cussing, they were saying our players talk smack. And as I said, all football players, regardless of what level of play, talk smack on the field. Not just Glen Rose. To call us out for that was an uneducated comment. Anyone who knows football knows it's a part of the game. Some take it too far, on all teams, but it happens none the less. It's not just football players, it's all sports. Anything there is competition in there will be smack talk.
when i beat you at pool it will be as a gentleman. i will not talk smack.

DeeGee

Quote from: Oldman on October 29, 2014, 03:48:38 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 29, 2014, 02:40:17 pm

when i beat you at pool it will be as a gentleman. i will not talk smack.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!!! Hahaha
There is major smack talk in billiards!  Maybe even more than football lol. Have you been to a pool hall lately???

And another derailed thread lol

Marcell Ledbetter

Quote from: KOJACK on October 29, 2014, 07:01:10 am
Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on October 29, 2014, 06:47:19 am
And there's a difference in playing for stats or playing to get the w and keeping starters healthy. If it makes you sleep better at night saying you "won" the second half...then go right ahead. But know that you are still playing for second place in conf. Maybe you can win the whole game and get that two seed...I wouldn't count on it though. So win that second half again bro

When Prescott gets eliminated from the playoffs, it won't be because they lack talent.....Bro.   E.g. Barton

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas