• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snoopy22 Ranking after Week 8

Started by snoopy22, October 25, 2014, 02:18:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy22

October 25, 2014, 02:18:33 pm Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:22:04 pm by snoopy22
Here's how I have it after 8 weeks.
1.  Charleston (8-0)
2.  Prescott (8-0)
3.  Smackover (7-1)
4.  Booneville (7-1)
5.  McGehee (6-2)
6.  Episcopal Collegiate (7-1)
7.  Lamar (6-2)
8.  Harding Academy (6-2)
9.  Osceola (5-3)
10.  Hoxie (7-1)
10 B.  Mayflower (6-2)
Honorable Mentions:  Rivercrest, Barton, Bald Knob, Danville, West Fork
Let the bashing begin!

BigMan15

I would put Danville in that top ten and also i still have the bearcats #2...

snoopy22

Danville is 3 and 5....all they did was made me question the top 7 that we all thought was pretty solid.  It may be more like a real solid top 6.  I didn't drop Lamar though because I'm sure they had a bit of a hangover from the two consecutive losses and they did survive and win.  Danville did make my honorable mentions this week though.

BigMan15

I think lamar should drop some they shouldve come out with more intensity....so ur not penalizing them because they almost list 3 straight

WCD

It's just a poll and I appreciate all the effort that it takes to rank the teams. I think HA is rank too low and this is why.  They have won ever conference game (granted some are weak) and beat Vilonia! The only two losses were to 4A teams.

I think that HA has a good reason to be around 5 but then again, I am a homer and prejudice. Okay, I had my say and it all is determined in the playoffs! Go Cats!

WCD ;D

Clara Allen

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 25, 2014, 02:37:19 pm
I think lamar should drop some they shouldve come out with more intensity....so ur not penalizing them because they almost list 3 straight
They won-   no they were not playing with any intensity the first half, but they regrouped and were leading by 13 going into the last 5 minutes of the game.   Were you there?  I was.  I don't understand why you'd penalize someone for winning.

WPWells

I agree. Unless your ranking is mathematical and works off of score differential then you might have a point. Snoopy's is not and he did not drop Lamar

adaptedtigerfan

How much will Booneville drop when the lose this week?   ;D

BigMan15

How Is it then florida state didnt lose but dropped......

snoopy22

Harding has a chance to show how good they are the next two weeks.  I almost went with them over Lamar this week, but Lamar did win and the lackluster HA win over Marianna kept it the same.  I was criticized early in the year for having McGehee #4 and look where they are now...#5.  Also I kept Osceola in my honorable mentions almost every week even after some posters said they didn't deserve it, and now look they have cracked the top ten.  Adapted Im not sure let's wait until next Saturday!  Lol

Clara Allen

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 25, 2014, 03:33:03 pm
Harding has a chance to show how good they are the next two weeks.  I almost went with them over Lamar this week, but Lamar did win and the lackluster HA win over Marianna kept it the same.  I was criticized early in the year for having McGehee #4 and look where they are now...#5.  Also I kept Osceola in my honorable mentions almost every week even after some posters said they didn't deserve it, and now look they have cracked the top ten.  Adapted Im not sure let's wait until next Saturday!  Lol
Thank you sir!  Now I remember why I just read and not post sometimes!!! 

Iron Owl

I like it Snoop.  Will we see if we belong there after this Friday night.

snoopy22

Pastureboy21

Any reason McGhee is ahead of us? I'm guessing the Bismark game?

Coltfan2005

I still think EC is way overated. It got nasty when they played the only 3A team on their schedule (so far)that is any good.

Lineman

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 25, 2014, 03:29:02 pm
[/quote
I didn't see Florida state on snoopy's poll........

KOJACK

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 25, 2014, 08:45:51 pm
I still think EC is way overated. It got nasty when they played the only 3A team on their schedule (so far)that is any good.
Think again... ECS is solid. They just beat a team with their offensive tackle running the show. When healthy they threaten you at all 3 levels on defense and have several game breakers.

Lineman

KOJACK

Quote from: Lineman on October 25, 2014, 09:37:39 pm
Was he coaching?
duh, what else could an offensive tackle running the show be doing? Well he was a player coach. He still held down the offensive tackle position. ::)

BigMan15

Quote from: Lineman on October 25, 2014, 09:15:05 pm
Quote from: BigMan15 on October 25, 2014, 03:29:02 pm
[/quote
I didn't see Florida state on snoopy's poll........

Did i say fl state was in snoopys poll?????
no...we were talking about if u win a close game over a team ur favored big over...should they get jumped by a team who took care of business like they shouldve....

BigMan15

i guess the lineman is not a lineman....lol...funny how u just attack other people and have nothing else to say....

Lineman

Wasn't an attack just an observation. But yea I don't have anything to say.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 25, 2014, 08:28:28 pm
because mcgehee has a better team.

cdelaney

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 25, 2014, 02:28:19 pm
I would put Danville in that top ten and also i still have the bearcats #2...
Danville played close against Lamar the 3rd best team in conference. But they were blown out by Charleston and Booneville. They also lost to Bigelow! Bigelow which gave Atkins its only win of the year and which also lost to England, Poyen, and Magnet Cove! I think honorable mention is generous.

snoopy22

No McGehee has been ahead of you guys in mine for a couple of weeks....there was no change in my top 7 this week.

TheTruth2010

The only bad loss Danville has is against Bigalow , don't know how they lost that. Other than that they have lost to Dardenelle, Booneville, Charleston and Lamar. I think this has made them tougher. They just came off of 2 big blow out wins over Mansfield (32-0) and Lavaca (35-13) . Lamar was down 21-7 and a good team will not panic and they didn't. Lamar scored 28 unanswered points to go up 35-21. Danville got some lucky bounces and gained momentum and came up just short. I think Danville is being over looked. I predict that they will finish 4-3 in conference and 5-5 overall. Lamar has to put that game behind them and be glad they survived.

Radiotalker

Snoop I assume you were referring to me when you mention Osceola. Granted the Seminoles are playing good ball right now, but we are extremely young (start 6 soph's on defense). Appreciate the props but there's no way we are the 9th best team in Class 3A, I would say around 14. We should win this week and then close out with Rivercrest. Also the bracket wasn't kind to 3-3A.......the #1 seed and #3 seed will meet in round 2 if they both win.

Jalkuranis

The bracket isn't nice to any conference lol. And Bigman, Snoopy doesn't run his poll like the media runs theirs for college. Could you actually get it through your skull that people think differently on how to rank teams!? "OH MY GOSH YOU DON'T SAY?!" FSU, although still good, plays in the weakest power 5 conference. Squeaking wins against Clemson, ND, and had problems with NC state. Up til this week Miss St has more than handled who they have played. So the MEDIA decided that was good enough to bump them over. Now calm yourself.

Jalkuranis

Oh, and Snoopy, good job on the rankings!

snoopy22

snoopy22

Quote from: Radiotalker on October 26, 2014, 08:53:12 am

Snoop I assume you were referring to me when you mention Osceola. Granted the Seminoles are playing good ball right now, but we are extremely young (start 6 soph's on defense). Appreciate the props but there's no way we are the 9th best team in Class 3A, I would say around 14. We should win this week and then close out with Rivercrest. Also the bracket wasn't kind to 3-3A.......the #1 seed and #3 seed will meet in round 2 if they both win.
I mean if it's not Osceola it's Barton, Bald Knob, Danville?  I think they are in position for a #1 seed and are deserving.

BigMan15

Quote from: Jalkuranis on October 26, 2014, 09:45:52 am
The bracket isn't nice to any conference lol. And Bigman, Snoopy doesn't run his poll like the media runs theirs for college. Could you actually get it through your skull that people think differently on how to rank teams!? "OH MY GOSH YOU DON'T SAY?!" FSU, although still good, plays in the weakest power 5 conference. Squeaking wins against Clemson, ND, and had problems with NC state. Up til this week Miss St has more than handled who they have played. So the MEDIA decided that was good enough to bump them over. Now calm yourself.

Dude u need to chill i was simply asking and some of guys act like i said he was the worst poster or something...if he didnt want some discusion on his picks then he wouldve posted it...and btw the way u talk to me on here meet me friday and see if u talk the same way...

IndependentFootballFan

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 26, 2014, 11:08:25 am

Dude u need to chill i was simply asking and some of guys act like i said he was the worst poster or something...if he didnt want some discusion on his picks then he wouldve posted it...and btw the way u talk to me on here meet me friday and see if u talk the same way...

Careful there Bigman some may take that as a threat, I would hate to see you banned again!!!

Jimbo Morphis

how big an ole boy are ya?

cdelaney

Quote from: Oldman on October 25, 2014, 10:00:20 pm
You have about a 50% chance of being right about that. Actually there have been 4 teams considered the best in 3A this year. Several in the 5-10 range have tried and failed to step up and beat them, but McGehee has the best chance to do that this Friday. If you do and if ECS takes care of their business maybe we can answer the question in the playoffs.

cdelaney

Yeah it's too bad they haven't faced a murderer's row like Manilla, Cedar Ridge, Piggott, and Corning.

BigMan15

Quote from: IndependentFootballFan on October 26, 2014, 11:14:15 am

Careful there Bigman some may take that as a threat, I would hate to see you banned again!!!
Not a threat and if u took it that way im sorry...just saying that i thiught dancille as of late was deserving of top ten, and of course im not allowed to have an agruement....

Lineman

They've improved as of late, but they only have 3 wins.

BigMan15

I was just saying as of late they are playing great....bentonville is 4-4 and they are ranked above conway who is 6-0 but no ones complaining

KOJACK

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 26, 2014, 12:49:48 pm
I was just saying as of late they are playing great....bentonville is 4-4 and they are ranked above conway who is 6-0 but no ones complaining
I'm sure people are...just not on the 3A board.

snoopy22

They are in the honorable mention.....So they are on the radar.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: cdelaney on October 26, 2014, 12:07:32 pm
Yeah it's too bad they haven't faced a murderer's row like Manilla, Cedar Ridge, Piggott, and Corning.
lol

Iron Owl

Quote from: cdelaney on October 26, 2014, 12:04:14 pm
Quote from: Oldman on October 25, 2014, 10:00:20 pm
You have about a 50% chance of being right about that. Actually there have been 4 teams considered the best in 3A this year. Several in the 5-10 range have tried and failed to step up and beat them, but McGehee has the best chance to do that this Friday. If you do and if ECS takes care of their business maybe we can answer the question in the playoffs.
I would love for our team to get a shot at them....I like playing outside the conference to see how we stack up to other teams around the state.  Sometimes it's good, and sometimes it's not...

Jalkuranis

Awh, you wanting to meet up to buy me something from the concession stand and be all sweet to see if I still say these things? For starters, yes I would. Cause Snoopy does a good job of not being biased in his polls. It's just for us to look at. You, my good sir, prodded just because he opinion was different than yours. All I did was help you realize that people think differently. I'd gladly meet you just to be able to say hi and see what you are thinking on how the conference will do once we are at a certain point in the game.

snoopy22

Thanks for the comments...This week will be interesting!!

BigMan15

Quote from: Jalkuranis on October 26, 2014, 05:23:54 pm

Awh, you wanting to meet up to buy me something from the concession stand and be all sweet to see if I still say these things? For starters, yes I would. Cause Snoopy does a good job of not being biased in his polls. It's just for us to look at. You, my good sir, prodded just because he opinion was different than yours. All I did was help you realize that people think differently. I'd gladly meet you just to be able to say hi and see what you are thinking on how the conference will do once we are at a certain point in the game.
For one im not sweet most of the time kinda an a$$hole but it is what it is...im so glad that ur sticking up for ur dad or at least i hope its ur dad if not thats kinda wierd ...but to each their own....now if u want to buy me some stuff at the concession ill be more than happy to have a mountain dew and maybe a burger see ya at the game....

Jalkuranis

Oh I don't even know Snoopy. And I have plenty of experiences with "big men". Also I don't really like handing out food to people I don't know. Sorry man but you'd have to really put on the charm to get me to foot the bill!

BigMan15

snoopy22

Oh I didn't realize I was the "dad" you were referring to.  No we don't know each other though.

BigMan15

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 27, 2014, 10:19:59 am
Oh I didn't realize I was the "dad" you were referring to.  No we don't know each other though.

Then maybe hes crushin

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas