• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville @ Charleston

Started by WPWells, October 23, 2014, 06:07:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick the winner

Charleston by TD or less
16 (13.2%)
Charleston by more than a TD
58 (47.9%)
Booneville by TD or less
30 (24.8%)
Booneville by more than a TD
17 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: October 31, 2014, 07:41:39 pm

cuckoobird

Two seasons ago makes them jrs now. Wait one more year

WPWells

Lamar should be conference favorites next year

ATU

Well Booneville might win The Sr games 2 years in a row but looking at the numbers in your 8-10 grades which is what will be counted next year you will be back in 4a again in less you fudge the numbers.

Brian G

They don't count redshirt seniors.

OLDSCHOOL82

That's a bogus statement.  You don't know where the line will be.  Also,  with the consolidations a few 3a could jump to 4.

elmerfudd

The only thing that's certain with the AAA, is that there is no certainty.

ATU

You might be right but if the  numbers i read are right you had over 300.And Danville And Lavaca had under 200 and could be in 2a.

elmerfudd

nastynice

Not much else to talk about, is there!

livinthedream

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 30, 2014, 08:47:50 pm
Yep. Just like Ty Storey and a 5'5" receiver translate into pure domination 😄
Storey and a 5'9" receiver translated to pure dominance. Why wouldn't it be any different with another good play maker and the same offense??

elmerfudd

Quote from: livinthedream on October 30, 2014, 10:01:39 pm
Quote from: elmerfudd on October 30, 2014, 08:47:50 pm
Yep. Just like Ty Storey and a 5'5" receiver translate into pure domination 😄
Storey and a 5'9" receiver translated to pure dominance. Why wouldn't it be any different with another good play maker and the same offense??

Why should it be the same??

cuckoobird

Lineman

Quote from: B.G. on October 30, 2014, 09:41:53 pm
They don't count redshirt seniors.
What about 5th year seniors?

ATU

Brian G

Preacherman

It doesnt matter, 24 hours from now we will know who wears the 4-3a crown.

OLDSCHOOL82

ATU,  where did you see our enrollment numbers at?

Preacherman

Hey OLDSCHOOL, have you heard for sure who is all not playing tomorrow?

chucktownboys

41-21 Tigers, should be a great slugfest

gold45

Both of these schools have built solid football programs that have come to demand a high level of success from their players and coaches. The tradition and culture of Booneville football is cultivated from a very young age and is rooted in pride, expectation, and a deep love for the purple and gold.  Physical, smash mouth football is the norm and is basically expected and demanded by the fans, coaches, and players.  The fact that Booneville has been basically one-dimensional on offense for their entire existence, and yet still found continued success, seems to both baffle and frustrate opposing teams/fans.  QB's should have to throw the ball in order for teams to win championships, right?  Unless you're Booneville. 
Charleston has built a football program that is admirable (and probably envied) across the state.  4 State Championships within the last 9 years will do that for a program. And a highly recruited Division-1 QB at the controls just makes the program appear that much better.  Charleston has an excellent coaching staff and has built a reputation of shaping whatever young, talented or semi-talented athletes that come their way into solid players on the field.  The fans have also come to expect greatness, and the pressure is on to deliver year in and year out.
Booneville may not have a Division 1 QB, but they have a QB that is a perfect fit for their program.  (And it's not that Booneville CAN'T pass, they just DON'T.  I believe the current QB had close to 1,000 offensive yards passing in junior high under a different coach.  Passing just isn't Booneville's style.) The offensive line is young and hasn't always stepped up when needed most (i.e., the Dardanelle game which becomes less of a factor as everyone realizes (or should realize) just how good Dardanelle is this year.)  But they have improved and have tended to play to their competition level.  Charleston has a Division 1 QB, who has rightfully earned (or should have earned) the respect of all the posters on this board.  And they have several other solid athletes on their roster on defense, as well as on offense that continue to make their QB look as good as he is. 
I say all of that to say this:  Booneville is a tough team to beat, regardless of the circumstances.  They have had their fair share of adversity this year, but I would bet heavily on the fact that they will "play to their competition level" Friday night. Which means Charleston is going to have a heck of fight on their hands if they want to retain their #1 spot in the rankings.   BUT Booneville is going to have to very little room for "flat" performance.  And yet, whoever wins will win knowing that they will most likely face that same team in the play-offs a few games down the road.  Hard to beat a good team once....even harder to beat one twice!
Should be a great game!

adaptedtigerfan

CHSfan88

I'm so ready for tonight. I want to wish both teams good luck, and safe travels to all that attend. God bless.

OLDSCHOOL82

cuckoobird

Yep, one of the longer current win streaks in the state is coming to a screeching halt

adaptedtigerfan

October 31, 2014, 06:44:00 am #1024 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 06:48:56 am by adaptedtigerfan
U talkin about Bville 6 games?

ChucktownTiger

Game day is upon us!!!!! Get your cold
Gear and get ready. It's gonna be a doosey!

OLDSCHOOL82

Well.... thats right it is game day.  The Cats will travel to tigger land and show them how to play some football.  The cats will come out strong and the tiggers will get frustrated after several series of the cats just running it down their throat and there is nothing they can do to stop it.  Time of possession will favor the cats tremendously.  The only thing that keeps the tiggers in it is storey.  He will be sacked multiple times, throw a few picks, and may come up lame after a few slobber knocking licks.  But, he's a competitior and finds a weakness in the secondary in the fourth to mount a comeback.  Cat's hold on for the win 35-28 in the best HS football game in years!

WPWells

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 31, 2014, 08:19:27 am
Well.... thats right it is game day.  The Cats will travel to tigger land and show them how to play some football.  The cats will come out strong and the tiggers will get frustrated after several series of the cats just running it down their throat and there is nothing they can do to stop it.  Time of possession will favor the cats tremendously.  The only thing that keeps the tiggers in it is storey.  He will be sacked multiple times, throw a few picks, and may come up lame after a few slobber knocking licks.  But, he's a competitior and finds a weakness in the secondary in the fourth to mount a comeback.  Cat's hold on for the winLOSE WITH NO TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK 35-2836-35 in the best HS football game in years!

FIFY

OLDSCHOOL82

Wheres all the world champion tigger fans?  Ya'll gotten scared or what?

WPWells

I'm here. I'll be here all day

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 31, 2014, 08:53:32 am
I'm here. I'll be here all day

I know you are here and adapted is around somewhere.  We've been here forever.  Wheres all the other newbs?

livinthedream

In class holdin down the fort.....I'll check in from time to time!!

ViewFromAbove

Legendary Booneville fan Jesse Martine made a $500 bet with a Charleston fan that Booneville will beat Charleston by Mercy Rule!!  Looks like Jesse better bring his check book tonight. Charleston 31 Booneville 21.

The Dynasty

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 31, 2014, 08:49:54 am
Wheres all the world champion tigger fans?  Ya'll gotten scared or what?

I'm here. Trying to get my work done so I can head out early. Scuttlebutt is that the Charleston stands are already filled to the max with blankets saving seats. This town is ready. I'm frankly tired of hearing about how all we have is Storey and how his main threat is too small to play on the same field as B'ville. Likewise I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing about how good #4 is and how he is supposed to pick you apart. I'm tired of the talk. Let's do this!!!!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ViewFromAbove on October 31, 2014, 09:12:08 am
Legendary Booneville fan Jesse Martine made a $500 bet with a Charleston fan that Booneville will beat Charleston by Mercy Rule!!  Looks like Jesse better bring his check book tonight. Charleston 31 Booneville 21.

Ole Martine.  He's not afraid to make a bet!

WPWells

And here's when the committed posters (adapted, 12th Man, The Dynasty, OLDSCHOOL, and nastynice) stay. Anyone can talk trash on Monday. It's the people that are here on Friday

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 31, 2014, 09:15:11 am
And here's when the committed posters (adapted, 12th Man, The Dynasty, OLDSCHOOL, and nastynice) stay. Anyone can talk trash on Monday. It's the people that are here on Friday

I'm going to have to actually work for a few hours today. Maybe afternoon before i am able to get back on.  Someone give me something to reply argue with when i ck it!

WPWells

I'll be off for an hour this morning. Have a test in one of my classes

OLDSCHOOL82

One last thought before i start actually working.  Whats the deal with the ipads on the sidelines and showing the players? I talked to an official and its only allowed if the coaches look at pics.  Cant video!  Can't show players!

WPWells

That official you talked to is wrong because the officials made us put it up during the Lamar game and then Kendrick showed him a rule book and after that it was allowed

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 31, 2014, 09:36:29 am
That official you talked to is wrong because the officials made us put it up during the Lamar game and then Kendrick showed him a rule book and after that it was allowed

Wrong again.  It is legal, but only Pics and coaches can view it.  Cant show players!  Cant video!

livinthedream

Let's see if we can get a little discussion going here...... who do y'all see being a dark horse player being for each team? Which player needs to come out and have a big game, that you wouldn't think of at first, to give each side an edge?

WPWells

Rule? Obviously Coach Kendrick found one IN THE RULEBOOK that satisfied the official

The Dynasty

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 31, 2014, 09:38:29 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 31, 2014, 09:36:29 am

Wrong again.  It is legal, but only Pics and coaches can view it.  Cant show players!  Cant video!

Wrong on the account that the players can't view it. It can't be in a players possession.

OLDSCHOOL82

Someone post the rule from the AAA site.  I'm driving or I would.  I'm sure chucktown is cheating in some form or fashion!

Lineman

I guess we'll have to forfeit the season,  even the scrimmage with Subi.

adaptedtigerfan

I'm here.  I actually had to do some work today.   :)

OLDSCHOOL82

Nah lineman,  just the wins.  You can keep the losses!

Lineman

Been on the clock for 6 hours now. Work day's almost done. Just need a nap, Rockstar, and kickoff. Tigers by 2 tds!!

Lineman

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 31, 2014, 10:02:57 am
Nah lineman,  just the wins.  You can keep the losses!
But isn't that the 1 category bville is winning at. They have more right? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas