• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville @ Charleston

Started by WPWells, October 23, 2014, 06:07:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick the winner

Charleston by TD or less
16 (13.2%)
Charleston by more than a TD
58 (47.9%)
Booneville by TD or less
30 (24.8%)
Booneville by more than a TD
17 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: October 31, 2014, 07:41:39 pm

Lineman

It hurts my feelings by you calling folks "touchy".

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on October 26, 2014, 06:04:29 pm

Critique booneville in a negative light if you want to see touchy

DogsWin7

Quote from: Lineman on October 26, 2014, 06:04:29 pm
please note I didn't say Feely but I guess I may need to add that one too. :)

Lineman

DogsWin7

Quote from: Lineman on October 26, 2014, 06:18:31 pm
That's crossing the line.  :'( :'(

I'm 120 pnds and I'm crossing the line of someone named The Lineman??  :)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 26, 2014, 04:31:10 pm
Since he's unbiased he knows what he's talking about?  You need a girl 12th man.

I really don't see how someone having a girlfriend would change ones opinion...

I think having a non-fan related opinion after seeing two specific teams would more legit than a fans opinion.

Oh, wait. I better not say that. I'll have to go get a girlfriend...

DogsWin7

Alright.....Everybody is Sorry.

Let's start over.....and get over it....no personal attacks....no one wants this epic game thread locked....right?    Let's try and have fun just a little.

We all have been anticipating this game for a year since knowing that 2 State Championship teams would battle it out.    :)

Okay....anyone predicting a score on this one?    Charleston wins but I'm not sure by how much.  Booneville is tough when they are on. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Oh buckaroo.  No use in any more explanations on this non sense. 

This will be a high scoring game but.....  this is early as we still aren't sure on the personnel that will be on the side line.....  Cats pull out the win 48-35.  And we only have two scores called back.

Lineman

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 26, 2014, 06:20:30 pm

Are you calling me fat? 

Lineman

For the record I don't care. Say what you want I don't have any feelings nor do I take anything personal. I say tigers by two tds.

ChucktownTiger

October 26, 2014, 06:43:19 pm #110 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 06:44:50 pm by ChucktownTiger
I hope our players aren't so sensitive come Friday night. Im gonna guess not though. I had a prediction for rainy weather and one for good weather. It looks to be a perfect night for football so I'm gonna say

CHS - 42
BHS - 21

If been able to watch several Bville games over the last few years and have come to know and understand the tradition and dominance of the Cats. Ill say, their fans know how to get rowdy and get after it and we'll be able to hear Mr George all the way acrooss the field. He and Painted Fan will have a good battle all night. Lol It's gonna be as good as it gets when it comes to the atmosphere! I think it will be close early and we'll pull away at the beginning of the 4th. Ty Storey, our receivers and the Landsharks become to much for the cats. The scary thing is, this is the first of two games. It's hard enough to beat a good team once much less twice. Is it Friday yet??????

DogsWin7

Quote from: Lineman on October 26, 2014, 06:30:53 pm

Are you calling me fat?
No......I simply asked a question.   Besides, all us girls are responsible for the good food you get to eat at the games! :)

nastynice

Is there a dresscode at Choketown stadium?  I've been worried if they would even let us in such a special place. The fanciest place the Booneville fans have been is the mexican restaurant in town. I mean, I don't even own a suit and tie. I may have to borrow one from 12th man!

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: nastynice on October 26, 2014, 06:51:17 pm
Is there a dresscode at Choketown stadium?  I've been worried if they would even let us in such a special place. The fanciest place the Booneville fans have been is the mexican restaurant in town. I mean, I don't even own a suit and tie. I may have to borrow one from 12th man!

A sports coat will do. Ties are preferred, but a coat will do.

OLDSCHOOL82

Does brand matter?  Will Cintas or Carhartt sports coats work?

WPWells

Sorry nastynice I only have one for myself

bearcat1983

Markadomous

Booneville by 13. Charlestons defense will be exposed. Booneville will have 6 and 7 minute drives and put points on the board. Some team called two rivers was within 26-20 of them in the third quarter.

Lineman

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 26, 2014, 06:46:58 pm
Quote from: Lineman on October 26, 2014, 06:30:53 pm

Are you calling me fat?
No......I simply asked a question.   Besides, all us girls are responsible for the good food you get to eat at the games! :)
I've grilled my share of burgers for the PTO

Lineman

Quote from: Markadomous on October 26, 2014, 07:34:34 pm
Booneville by 13. Charlestons defense will be exposed. Booneville will have 6 and 7 minute drives and put points on the board. Some team called two rivers was within 26-20 of them in the third quarter.
Take 6-7 minutes. Tigers need 20 seconds. Two rivers was a mudfest and a very mobile qb. Most teams this season has just ran out of gas in 3rd qtr. Tigers just keep going.

HorseFeathers

so....noone else gonna point out that yes two rivers was within 6 in the 3rd, but charleston put up 36 in less than 2 qtrs in the seond half...

adaptedtigerfan

More like about 7 mins..  But you beat me to it there HF

nastynice

Why should Booneville even show up if Tigers are so good?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: nastynice on October 26, 2014, 07:55:14 pm

They should just concede 2nd to Lamar, so that they can avoid them in the playoffs until war memorial :D

ATU

I would'nt say tigers are so good.but you Booneville people think you are the only one with hurt players.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ATU on October 26, 2014, 08:02:56 pm
I would'nt say tigers are so good.but you Booneville people think you are the only one with hurt players.

Just with what little information I have on Charleston, I'd almost give Booneville a slight edge....but hey that might be the caffeine speaking :D

Lineman

DogsWin7

Proud Buckaroo

With me working until 4am, I'll have to be drinking plenty of coffee..

snoopy22

First of two games.....that's a lot of ASSuming......and you know how that word breaks down right? :o

elmerfudd

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 26, 2014, 09:43:36 pm
First of two games.....that's a lot of ASSuming......and you know how that word breaks down right? :o

Isn't that kinda like someone with high aspirations?? (A.K.A. Hiney sweat)

adaptedtigerfan

Surely someone is up and wants to talk about this game.

OLDSCHOOL82

Sure!  I believe this will be a crazy atmosphere. The stands are gonna be packed early.  I think some moms from booneville and chucktown may have organized a trunk or treat for the little guys around 5 or so.  I think the refs, the fans, and both teams will be sky high and a little on edge.   I love games in stadiums with no track because everyone is right on top of the action.  First Qtr is proably gonna be an offensive struggle for both sides until some adrenaline wears off. 

WPWells

I've made special plans to make it down for this game, so it better not disappoint

adaptedtigerfan

I'm proud if you OLDSCHOOL..  That's your best post in the better part of 3 months.   :D

OLDSCHOOL82

It's all about pleasing you adapted. 

Cats Roll.  48-35!

WPWells

Which is it going to be? 6-7 minute drives or 48 points?

adaptedtigerfan

U gonna meet me at the goal post after the game?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 27, 2014, 08:30:35 am
Which is it going to be? 6-7 minute drives or 48 points?

Im going with both defenses giving up points.  Not the long sustaining drives as normal.

DogsWin7

You all really think it's going to be that high scoring of a game?? 

ChucktownTiger

I hope this week flys by. I wonder if Bville is down and not able to run the football, I they'll try and throw it or will they do the same as years past and be one deminsional and dig an even bigger hole? I haven't watched ANY Bville football this year and only saw the state game last year but watch many games over the last 5 years and the live and die by the run and the inability to pass. Has that changed?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 27, 2014, 08:38:19 am
You all really think it's going to be that high scoring of a game??

Right now i do.  Its a total crap shoot in my opinion at this point.  Who knows, it could be an 8-6 game.  But i doubt it.  Both offenses are very efficient.  One with three threats every play on the run and occasional pass when the secondary is in a cover 0.  The other with 4 routes minimum every play that leaves the middle vulnerable to the tuck and run or read.  Booneville will be keyed up on the pass and could give up yards on the run.  Chucktown will be keyed up on the run and wont have a second wave if anything pops.  Gonna be good.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 27, 2014, 08:41:30 am
I hope this week flys by. I wonder if Bville is down and not able to run the football, I they'll try and throw it or will they do the same as years past and be one deminsional and dig an even bigger hole? I haven't watched ANY Bville football this year and only saw the state game last year but watch many games over the last 5 years and the live and die by the run and the inability to pass. Has that changed?

We are not pass first or second or third I'll give you that.  But the pass in key situations is always there and works.  You saw that in the state game last year if you watched it. 

BBcat14

Quote from: Lineman on October 26, 2014, 07:42:10 pm
Quote from: Markadomous on October 26, 2014, 07:34:34 pm
Take 6-7 minutes. Tigers need 20 seconds. Two rivers was a mudfest and a very mobile qb. Most teams this season has just ran out of gas in 3rd qtr. Tigers just keep going.

Thing is we aren't most teams. 4th quarter is our strongest point because we condition for it. But you guys wouldn't know that because you've played all these trash teams with god himself at quarterback for the past couple years. That'll all change friday.

WPWells

I mean we did win the scrimmage last year...

BBcat14

Who ever cares about the scrimmage anyways? And it's only half a game anyways. Would've hated to seen what we would've done to you guys if there was a second half

OLDSCHOOL82

Finally, some more B town posters are coming out of the woodworks!

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 27, 2014, 08:45:46 am

We are not pass first or second or third I'll give you that.  But the pass in key situations is always there and works.  You saw that in the state game last year if you watched it.

I was at the state game. Sat on the Bville side and soaked up "litteraly" every minute. Let me ask you this, which I have asked many Bville friends. Take away the rain, does Bville win that game? I think there's a god chance they don't.

adaptedtigerfan

I know a scrimmage is a scrimmage...  But why would you send 6 and 7 guys trying to put pressure on the qb in a scrimmage.   Why not just play base D?   Just asking and I'm done with the scrimmage talk.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 27, 2014, 08:57:06 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 27, 2014, 08:45:46 am

I was at the state game. Sat on the Bville side and soaked up "litteraly" every minute. Let me ask you this, which I have asked many Bville friends. Take away the rain, does Bville win that game? I think there's a god chance they don't.

Yes.  And win bigger.  This has been discussed several times.  Warren was laying down after the second score and while booneville was driving for the third score.   Its hard to play physical smash mouth football over almost a 5 hr period.  Now, with the circumstances that occured.  If the game was to last one or two more minutes....It may not have ended well.  Enough with last year that is over. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas