• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bald Knob @ Barton

Started by Bwana, October 22, 2014, 12:36:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bwana

Big road game for BK.. Lots to overcome playing at Barton but I'll take BK by 14..

RiceBurner501

Playing at Barton is tough..too much for BK to overcome. Im going with Barton by 3

hornethigh-mhs

Playing at Barton is miserable. Barton by 7

soldier

I feel for ya bro having to play at Barton, but I'm going with BK by 7.....neutral refs by 14.

FNLsupporter

Although Barton is a tradition rich program, I say BK pulls it out 27-20 to hold off a late scoring threat by the Bears.

soldier

Quote from: FNLsupporter on October 22, 2014, 07:40:28 pm
Although Barton is a tradition rich program, I say BK pulls it out 27-20 to hold off a late scoring threat by the Bears.

I'm sorry FNLsupporter, but Barton has a several threats....the refs,the refs, and the refs. Tradition has nothing to do with it.  I have , personally, seen how things get done there.  It's amazing to me how they(Barton) even function as a school district.

WildcatGrandpa13

Bald Knob should win, but reminiscing on the days of ECS being in the 3A-2 makes me remember how bad Barton's refs were

FNLsupporter

Trust me...I know how the officiating goes at Barton.  I say at a neutral field, BK is 2-3 scores better this year. It just doesn't always seem to work out that way in Lexa! And just to be clear, I'm not dogging the Bears, just seems to me they have alot of calls consistently go their way!

Bwana

Quote from: soldier on October 22, 2014, 09:18:41 pm
Quote from: FNLsupporter on October 22, 2014, 07:40:28 pm

I'm sorry FNLsupporter, but Barton has a several threats....the refs,the refs, and the refs. Tradition has nothing to do with it.  I have , personally, seen how things get done there.  It's amazing to me how they(Barton) even function as a school district.
The sad part is if folks haven't seen it for themselves they don't believe it and the folks from there have seen it for so long they don't see anything wrong with it.. And it's in every sport..

The Ref

The 5'3" referee, with the orange goatee, will have a sore arm from all the flags he'll throw on BK.  Then he'll get his car with the line judge & they'll go to their houses right down the road from the school.  Prepare for a long ,miserable night in Lexa

FNLsupporter

Yeah...he rooked BK over a few years back while playing Earle! You would think if that many people see how bad it is, something would be done about it. I wonder how many games would've had different outcomes without him calling the shots!

3cats

Quote from: The Ref on October 22, 2014, 09:53:10 pm
The 5'3" referee, with the orange goatee, will have a sore arm from all the flags he'll throw on BK.  Then he'll get his car with the line judge & they'll go to their houses right down the road from the school.  Prepare for a long ,miserable night in Lexa
He didn't call against us....

Bears

Ya'll are forgetting the Bears have been a dominant team and a very hard team to beat at home or away. What about a couple years ago when they won all those road games in the playoffs to get them to the State Championship game that they fell short in against a great Charleston team? The Bears have been a solid team especially since Paschal has been there and yes this year they are down as well as the conference being down but you cannot say they only win at home because of a short referee? That guy has only refereed one game this year at Barton and he threw more flags on us than the visiting team. Show some respect for a good program that is well coached and don't get upset when you have lost in the past and do what every fan does when their team loses and blame it on the ref.

Lions84

WPWells

Quote from: Bears on October 23, 2014, 01:55:53 pm
Ya'll are forgetting the Bears have been a dominant team and a very hard team to beat at home or away. What about a couple years ago when they won all those road games in the playoffs to get them to the State Championship game that they fell short in against a great Charleston team? The Bears have been a solid team especially since Paschal has been there and yes this year they are down as well as the conference being down but you cannot say they only win at home because of a short referee? That guy has only refereed one game this year at Barton and he threw more flags on us than the visiting team. Show some respect for a good program that is well coached and don't get upset when you have lost in the past and do what every fan does when their team loses and blame it on the ref.

I wouldn't call that a great team. It was a very very very good team, but there are four or five Charleston teams I think were better

Bears

I would say winning all your playoff games on the road and beating a 12-0 Prescott team at the time and having your head coach being the 3A coach of the year that year a pretty great team in my opinion, but what do I know?

WPWells

Glad you know more about Charleston football than me considering we didn't play Prescott in those playoffs

Bears

? No Barton played Prescott when they were 12-0 at the time i'm not sure if you're following.

snoopy22

Actually Prescott was 13 and 0 when Barton beat us.

snoopy22

Sadly.....one out of 10 nights happened that night.  Therefore giving the Tigers another one just like in '08!  lol

North Face

2011 Charleston was a great football team. They were big fast and smart. Besides 2013 team, which year was Charleston better than 2011?

WPWells

WPWells

And I was talking about you saying that they lost to a great Charleston team. Guess that was above your head

Bears

Guess me referring to Barton being a great team that year was above yours  ;D

WPWells

Reread your post. You never once used the adjective "great" to describe Barton. You only used it to describe Barton. Guess that was above your head

Bears

"It" was understood as great lol why are we arguing over this they were both great teams that year in my opinion. Charleston was the better of the two. I just hope Barton can beat Bald Knob tomorrow night though because this year they are very down.

soldier

As I have stated several times in times past, to play at Barton is a nightmare, basically. People keep saying that the coach is a good man, and how they have been so good in the past. I have nothing to hide, and I will say this.... The refs, especially the munchkin one; call things that are not there. They cheat, and like another post said, the fans have gotten used to it, so they see nothing wrong. Triple A is gutless to not hear the concerns from opposing teams while they continue to allow this debacle to go on. I know for the Barton game against Mayflower this year, the refs came from Fayetteville. Just sayin'!

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Bears on October 23, 2014, 01:55:53 pm
That is where I give the respect for the tradition rich team that they are.  They have definitely earned their place in Arkansas high school football.  I would even be to inclined to say that the officiating is not the reason Barton has been so dominant.  BK has only played Barton 2 times in recent memory, with Barton winning both contests, so to get upset as you put it, when we have lost in the past and blame it on the refs...not this guy! I have had the feeling that officiating played a role in losing a game, but not necessarily against Barton.  The little ginger fella sure makes it hard to put stock into his officiating, but even at that, players still have to make plays.  Barton is well coached, but IF they beat BK, I can assure you, I won't blame it on the refs.  Now according to you, IF BK wins, I guess you are gonna blame it on the ref, after all...that's what every fan does, right?

soldier

Quote from: FNLsupporter on October 22, 2014, 10:03:47 pm
Yeah...he rooked BK over a few years back while playing Earle! You would think if that many people see how bad it is, something would be done about it. I wonder how many games would've had different outcomes without him calling the shots!

A lot of games would have a different outcome.  My understanding is that it doesn't take much to become an official ref at the high school level. I've been told that a person can take an online test, and get someone that knows enough to pass it to take it for them.  I don't know if that's the case, but it sure seems feasible to me. Barton must have taken advantage of this rule because their refs are pitiful.

elvis26

;D I am putting my money on the  bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Proud Buckaroo

Bears

Soldier is on his soap box about years past and the refs...new year move on  ;D

Bears

7-0 Barton
Bears just recovered their own kickoff

Bears

Bears

Bears fumble the pitch
Bald Knobs ball driving Abt to score

Bears

Bears

Bald Knob recovers their own punt still 10-7 Bears
6 left in 2nd

Bears

17-7 Bears in the 3rd
More flags called on the Bears than I've seen in a while especially at home.

Bears

17-14 Bears
Bald Knob with momentum

soldier

Bears

Bears

Bears throw pick
Bald Knob driving
24-14 6mins left in 4th

Bears

Y'all are right this is the worst red crew I've ever seen ever it's Barton's homecoming and I've never seen this many flags on them. Bald Knobs head coach just drew an unsportsmanlike penalty for throwing the biggest for I've ever seen because he thought they recovered the onside kick.
Bears 24
Bald Knob 21
2mins left

Bears

Bears

31-28 Bears final
Bears defense holds Bald Knob off just enough for the Win
Very good game but fire these refs for anyone else's sake they're terrible both sides of the ball.

Bears

Guess Bald Knob was too good to shake hands and their head coach threw a fit to the Barton coaches and stormed off the field upset. Where's the class ? Show some head coach of Bald Knob makes your school and YOU look like a joke. Good game though hats off to the Bears for fighting hard and winning against a tough opponent.

soldier

Quote from: Bears on October 24, 2014, 09:39:23 pm
31-28 Bears final
Bears defense holds Bald Knob off just enough for the Win
Very good game but fire these refs for anyone else's sake they're terrible both sides of the ball.

JUST CURIOUS, BEARS? WERE THEY NEUTRAL REFS, AND BY NEUTRAL, I MEAN NOT FROM ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BARTON?

Bears

No it was the little red head and his crew. He was terrible both sides of the ball worst i've ever seen! Fire him now he kept Bald Knob in the game, with neutral refs Barton wins by 13 at least.

WPWells

You won and you're crying? I'd hate to see you if you lost...

Proud Buckaroo

By the way. Could you please post your scores in the score thread, instead of the game thread? I was posting the scores on the score thread for you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas