• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BHG at Prescott

Started by KOJACK, October 19, 2014, 06:50:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who ya got

BHG
4 (11.1%)
Prescott
32 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: October 24, 2014, 06:50:09 pm

Wheels

Prescott is more athletic, experienced and should win period. BHG is learning how to win games. BHG sophomores, juniors, and seniors haven't had a ton of success at the high school or even junior high level until this year. I've seen them time after time in the past have a lead and then fold but this year they are making plays to win games. BHG has yet to play 4 quarters at the level they're capable of the closest they have come is the 1st half against GR. For BHG this is the biggest game for them in their history so don't be surprised if the game is much closer than most people think. 

DeeGee

Quote from: Wheels on October 21, 2014, 03:17:21 pm
Prescott is more athletic, experienced and should win period. BHG is learning how to win games. BHG sophomores, juniors, and seniors haven't had a ton of success at the high school or even junior high level until this year. I've seen them time after time in the past have a lead and then fold but this year they are making plays to win games. BHG has yet to play 4 quarters at the level they're capable of the closest they have come is the 1st half against GR. For BHG this is the biggest game for them in their history so don't be surprised if the game is much closer than most people think.

Well said! Totally agree!

cdelaney

Quote from: Wheels on October 21, 2014, 03:17:21 pm
But that may be why it won't be so close

DeeGee

That could very well be true. Having not been tested much they could fold under pressure. I'm just hoping for their sake they play Prescott like they played us. But all 4 quarters. Even with a loss, if they keep it close I'm sure it'll be a big confidence booster.

KOJACK

Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 21, 2014, 04:04:25 pm
That could very well be true. Having not been tested much they could fold under pressure. I'm just hoping for their sake they play Prescott like they played us. But all 4 quarters. Even with a loss, if they keep it close I'm sure it'll be a big confidence booster.
If GR woulda played BHG like they played us it would have been much closer...js

DeeGee

I agree. We have a young team and are getting more in sync with each other. Our boys had some things on their mind as well with the events of late Thursday night. But that over with. No excuses. We were out played in all areas plain and simple.

Beaver Fever

DeeGee

Quote from: Beaver Fever on October 21, 2014, 06:18:29 pm
Events Thursday night?

Not this past Thursday night. Old news now.

Pastureboy21

ECS lost to Harding last year 21-6. The game was a lot closer than the score and that was the first time we hadn't  gotten mercy ruled by them. Even though the team lost, it was really clear at that point that we had a good team and they began to play like it from then on.

DeeGee

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 21, 2014, 10:53:31 pm
ECS lost to Harding last year 21-6. The game was a lot closer than the score and that was the first time we hadn't  gotten mercy ruled by them. Even though the team lost, it was really clear at that point that we had a good team and they began to play like it from then on.

That's awesome. Anything that helps with confidence is always a plus. Harding was tough in 2012. We are having a down year this year but I think their confidence is growing. Even though we lost to Prescott,  they were still proud of they way they played.

beaverfan007

Jimmy red Parker Pullman out the win and come back with the 5-3a conference title

KOJACK

Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 22, 2014, 12:22:56 pm
Jimmy red Parker Pullman out the win and come back with the 5-3a conference title
Wishful thinking...here's why you can't compare scores. BHG hates y'all and finally was able to take out many years of frustration on you guys. If y'all woulda played them like you did us the outcome woulda been different. And the reason y'all played us so hard is because your coach hates Prescott for something that happened 12 or so years ago. Therefore your players get up when they play Prescott. So don't think cause BHG skull drug y'all and y'all played us within 3 or 4 TD's that you can compare that.

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on October 22, 2014, 01:25:15 pm
Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 22, 2014, 12:22:56 pm
Wishful thinking...here's why you can't compare scores. BHG hates y'all and finally was able to take out many years of frustration on you guys. If y'all woulda played them like you did us the outcome woulda been different. And the reason y'all played us so hard is because your coach hates Prescott for something that happened 12 or so years ago. Therefore your players get up when they play Prescott. So don't think cause BHG skull drug y'all and y'all played us within 3 or 4 TD's that you can compare that.
But if you want to compare scores of several games, ECS and BHG have 4 common opponents this year. ECS is 4-0 against them with combined score of 165-40, with 20 of the opponents' points occuring in mercy rule 2nd half. Against the same 4 teams, BHG is 3-1 with combined score of 103-88. Prescott beat ECS 45-21. Even accounting for teams improving over time and other factors that may affect particular games, you do the math. I think with BHG's success and the coverage they are getting, and the #6 ranking in ADG,  Prescott will not overlook them.

snoopy22

AmSycho

maytag

Prescott whipped centerpoint pretty soundly ,centerpoint should have beat bhg ,coaching legend or not ,precotts gonna roll.

HeadBussa08

I hope BHG does well in the playoffs to represent the conf. but this will be a mercy rule, Prescott 52-12.

Pastureboy21

Let's say BHG does pull off the upset, and ECS beats BHG. What happens for play-off seeding? This also almost happened last year with ECS-Barton-HA but HA beat Barton in the last game.

KOJACK

October 23, 2014, 08:43:13 am #68 Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:46:11 am by KOJACK
Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 23, 2014, 08:27:38 am
Let's say BHG does pull off the upset, and ECS beats BHG. What happens for play-off seeding? This also almost happened last year with ECS-Barton-HA but HA beat Barton in the last game.
In a 3 way tie you go by pts with 13 being the most you can carry from a W. The lowest point getter of the 3 would be the 3 seed then the remaining 2 would be decided by head to head outcome...so they say ;D
Right now Prescott is 4-0 in conference and carries the max number of pts with 52. ECS is 3-1 and carry 39pts and BHG is 4-0 and carries 39.

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on October 23, 2014, 08:43:13 am
Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 23, 2014, 08:27:38 am
In a 3 way tie you go by pts with 13 being the most you can carry from a W. The lowest point getter of the 3 would be the 3 seed then the remaining 2 would be decided by head to head outcome...so they say ;D
Right now Prescott is 4-0 in conference and carries the max number of pts with 52. ECS is 3-1 and carry 39pts and BHG is 4-0 and carries 39.
But BHG has 39 pts in 4 wins since they won two games by 7 and 6 pts. So they realistically can't win the #1 seed in any 3 way tie situation, unless ECS or Prescott win their other games by narrow margins. So BHG pretty much has to win over Prescott and ECS to get the  #1 seed barring upsets of the other two by someone else.

KOJACK

October 24, 2014, 01:47:33 pm #70 Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:21:08 pm by KOJACK
The Curley Cubs took one step closer to the district title defeating BHG. Prescott went in to the half up 34-8 and it ended up being 34-14. Prolly a lot like tonight will look. ;D

Marcell Ledbetter

Is your prediction that Prescott win by a lot or lose the the second half 0-6 like the junior high did?
JK, I know the junior high team is stout and showed mercy on the young Cardinals.

KOJACK

You were right...28-0 at the half. 35-8 starting the 4th. 47-32 final. BHG is pretty salty. Should get the 3 seed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas