• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley View at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 04, 2017, 12:03:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Quote from: Pwil11 on November 06, 2017, 09:40:57 pm
Please not this again. This is the VV PA thread. It's not always just about PA

But this thread actually is about PA..

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2017, 09:39:38 pm
LRCA

I took his post to mean which team would be easiest for PA.  I wouldn't say that is LRCA.

Pwil11

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2017, 09:41:50 pm
But this thread actually is about PA..

I see what you did there. Lol.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 06, 2017, 09:44:55 pm
I took his post to mean which team would be easiest for PA.  I wouldn't say that is LRCA.

That's what I took it as too. It was a joke and I was making fun of LRCA. I think yellow would have appreciated it.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2017, 09:46:17 pm
That's what I took it as too. It was a joke and I was making fun of LRCA. I think yellow would have appreciated it.

Well, I can be slow sometimes (actually more times than not).

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 06, 2017, 09:47:29 pm
Well, I can be slow sometimes (actually more times than not).

I know the feeling. I just wanted lrca fans to get all fired up and bring up y'all's game again lol

JessieP

Hey PA posters. I was wondering what happened to that kid that had like 25 touchdowns against Wynne in the final. Someone said he was going to Brown, was it football or academic? did he redshirt? was he that good all year or did he explode against Wynne? I don't remember him going off on us in the Semi's. What's the story on him?

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 08:48:50 pm
Hey PA posters. I was wondering what happened to that kid that had like 25 touchdowns against Wynne in the final. Someone said he was going to Brown, was it football or academic? did he redshirt? was he that good all year or did he explode against Wynne? I don't remember him going off on us in the Semi's. What's the story on him?

I'm not sure who you're talking about.  Maybe Jaren Watkins, the little scat back?  If so, he's at TCU.

PA Dad

Quote from: PA Dad on November 07, 2017, 08:51:20 pm
I'm not sure who you're talking about.  Maybe Jaren Watkins, the little scat back?  If so, he's at TCU.

Well, he went to TCU but he's not on their roster now. I don't know where he is.

But, this reminded me of what FD4 said about trying to tackle Jaren.  He said it was like trying to catch the last chicken on the open range.  That's turning a phrase!

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 08:48:50 pm
Ray Brown. He had a very good year, but then went off in the finals. He is at Brown playing DB. The Ivy League doesn't give athletic scholarships, so he paying his own way. I don't think he's played a lot yet. GREAT young man.

FootballJunky

November 07, 2017, 10:11:50 pm #60 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:57:14 pm by FootballJunky
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2017, 09:46:17 pm

Yes he probably would have!

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 07, 2017, 10:01:13 pm
Ray Brown. He had a very good year, but then went off in the finals. He is at Brown playing DB. The Ivy League doesn't give athletic scholarships, so he paying his own way. I don't think he's played a lot yet. GREAT young man.

That's the one. He went crazy at that game. For whatever reason Wynne couldn't find, cover or tackle him. It was a highlight film game.

Yellowcake

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 07, 2017, 10:11:50 pm
Yes Tommy probably would have!

Just read it, and got and appreciated it. Me likes that brand of banter.

Tommy is a handle by the way. Yellowcake is my real name. I know you know that.

Yellowcake

Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 10:32:23 pm
That's the one. He went crazy at that game. For whatever reason Wynne couldn't find, cover or tackle him. It was a highlight film game.

Jessie, the kid that got off last year was RJ Anderson. He had I believe 4 TD catches and crazy receiving yards. He was a junior. He did not play this year. He is a talented dancer. So talented that he got a schollie to NYU for dance. His goal is Broadway, and he will likely be there one day. He would have been all world on this year's team, but he made a choice. And trust me, every teacher, coach, player and parent understood and supports the kid's decision 100%. He's an amazingly talented dancer.

His little brother is a sophomore who plays some running back. One of the four sophomores who share carries. Yes, all the running backs are sophomores.....

Coach T Wood

Sorry Red Devil Alum and Yellowcake.   Both are incorrect.

Ray Jackson was the young man's name. 
I think he set a State Final record with total yards receiving with almost 250 yards or something.
Yes, he is at Brown.

RJ Anderson was the TB and rushed for a TD. 

Both are outstanding young men.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Coach Wood, RHS on November 08, 2017, 07:59:37 am

I think he set a State Final record with total yards receiving with almost 250 yards or something.
Yes, he is at Brown.

Good stuff Coach.   Good luck Friday.  Cyclones vs Hurricanes?  Sounds like it could be a windy game ;)

Danold Dump

Valley View over the adopted sons of lawyers and bankers!! Dump out

Coach T Wood

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 08, 2017, 08:17:54 am
Good stuff Coach.   Good luck Friday.  Cyclones vs Hurricanes?  Sounds like it could be a windy game ;)

Thanks Maynard     Stormy night in Russellville.   ::)

Yellowcake

Yes, he is at Brown.

Thanks for the correction coach! And good luck Friday night!

Going to miss having your daughter for softball.

Red Devil Alum

Yes, he is at Brown.

Of course, and thanks for the correction. It was Ray Jackson who went to Brown. Total brain fart on my behalf.

Maynard G Krebs

I finally got around to looking at VV record, and am pretty impressed.  Their losses have been against some good teams and th scores were close.  This game could be better than some expect.  Not wise to overlook VV.

Grond

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 04, 2017, 10:04:30 am
VV will come out fighting and give all they have. Very talented team. PA has the players and the experience. Not taking away from VV but the coaching is better for PA as well. This will be a good learning experience for the players and staff at VV and will only make them a more knowledgeable team down the road.

Well said. A little success against PA will go a long way toward helping VV next year.

walkingguy72396

Valley View has to be loving this.  No pressure on Valley View.  Just line up and play.

Yellowcake

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 08, 2017, 12:15:48 pm
Valley View has to be loving this.  No pressure on Valley View.  Just line up and play.

....and get mercy ruled.
It's coming.....

MB Hog

Yes, he is at Brown.

Ray was also senior class president at PA last year.  Obviously very well liked by his classmates.

MB Hog

Quote from: PA Dad on November 07, 2017, 09:00:25 pm
Well, he went to TCU but he's not on their roster now. I don't know where he is.

But, this reminded me of what FD4 said about trying to tackle Jaren.  He said it was like trying to catch the last chicken on the open range.  That's turning a phrase!
Jaren first committed to TCU as a preferred walk-on, but ended up signing with Texas State... on scholarship, I presume.  He must be redshirting this year as he isn't showing up on the roster, but if you Google him, various links show that's where he is.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 07, 2017, 10:46:12 pm
Jessie, the kid that got off last year was RJ Anderson. He had I believe 4 TD catches and crazy receiving yards. He was a junior. He did not play this year. He is a talented dancer. So talented that he got a schollie to NYU for dance. His goal is Broadway, and he will likely be there one day. He would have been all world on this year's team, but he made a choice. And trust me, every teacher, coach, player and parent understood and supports the kid's decision 100%. He's an amazingly talented dancer.

His little brother is a sophomore who plays some running back. One of the four sophomores who share carries. Yes, all the running backs are sophomores.....

But did he have to give back his signing bonus?  Or just a prorated amount?

Yellowcake

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 08, 2017, 07:18:41 pm
But did he have to give back his signing bonus?  Or just a prorated amount?

He actually spent it on DVD's of the last game between PA and Batesville. Dude loves comedies.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 08, 2017, 08:26:52 pm
He actually spent it on DVD's of the last game between PA and Batesville. Dude loves comedies.

The 2012 game? I still can't believe that game. How on earth did they get 21? Save that taunt for other people. We've played 3 times, last year was a butt kicking. The year before was a toss up, in fact Batesville had all the momentum. Our QB, the runner up for offensive player of the year, had just intercepted a pass. He was returning it deep into PA territory, a TD would have given us the lead, at about the PA 15 he was "accidentally" shoved into the cement wall. That 12th man was a huge plus, I wonder how long they practiced that play? running an opposing player into the wall. The year before that we kicked the butt. So there are a select few teams that see PA coming up and get excited, Batesville being one of them. If he really does like comedies have him watch a video about how financial aid is given out without any mention of football, that's a knee slapper. 

Yellowcake

Quote from: JessieP on November 08, 2017, 08:42:00 pm
The 2012 game? I still can't believe that game. How on earth did they get 21? Save that taunt for other people. We've played 3 times, last year was a butt kicking. The year before was a toss up, in fact Batesville had all the momentum. Our QB, the runner up for offensive player of the year, had just intercepted a pass. He was returning it deep into PA territory, a TD would have given us the lead, at about the PA 15 he was "accidentally" shoved into the cement wall. That 12th man was a huge plus, I wonder how long they practiced that play? running an opposing player into the wall. The year before that we kicked the butt. So there are a select few teams that see PA coming up and get excited, Batesville being one of them. If he really does like comedies have him watch a video about how financial aid is given out without any mention of football, that's a knee slapper.

I wish yall were good enough this year not to get bounced out of the playoffs in the first round. And not so terrible that you could last long enough to make it to another matchup with PA. Mercy ruling Batesville sounds good right now.

seriously Francis, lighten up.

We will take care of the 4-peat. You know, because we cheat.

Red Devil Alum

If you don't stop complaining about it, we are going to send you a bill for scratching our wall.

You don't come to West Little Rock and scratch someone's wall.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 08, 2017, 08:58:24 pm
If you don't stop complaining about it, we are going to send you a bill for scratching our wall.

Oh my, that's FUN-NY!

Overdahill

Mr Peabody, Sherman, and Jessie traveling in the wayback machine to 2012 again  :D

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 08, 2017, 09:10:17 pm
Oh my, that's FUN-NY!
There was actually nothing funny about the young man being slung into the wall.  I happened to be setting on the wall right above where he hit and the sound of his helmet hitting the concrete was sickening.  Why his parents didn't sue PA and the AAA is beyond me.  The wall was clearly a hazard.  I'm not talking about winning or losing that game, I'm talking about the welfare of a 17 year old boy.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 08, 2017, 09:40:17 pm
There was actually nothing funny about the young man being slung into the wall.  I happened to be setting on the wall right above where he hit and the sound of his helmet hitting the concrete was sickening.  Why his parents didn't sue PA and the AAA is beyond me.  The wall was clearly a hazard.  I'm not talking about winning or losing that game, I'm talking about the welfare of a 17 year old boy.
Statute of limitations is 5 years. File away. Maybe a player's grandpa will help you file.

MDXPHD

November 08, 2017, 09:55:17 pm #85 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 10:01:53 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 08, 2017, 09:43:18 pm
Statute of limitations is 5 years. File away. Maybe a player's grandpa will help you file.

No grandpa needed. It's actually not too bad of an idea.

PA Dad

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 08, 2017, 09:43:18 pm

Red Devil, you have a great wit and I enjoy your posts.  I think and hope that you were kidding.  But, I think the safety of the players should be our top priority.  That wall was a hazard and needed to be fixed.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on November 08, 2017, 09:59:08 pm
Red Devil, you have a great wit and I enjoy your posts.  I think and hope that you were kidding.  But, I think the safety of the players should be our top priority.  That wall was a hazard and needed to be fixed.
I'm kidding about the suit, but 5 years of the same excuse has gotten old.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on November 08, 2017, 09:59:08 pm

Red and Yellowcake are not joking. They live vicariously through a high school football team. A kid on the other team being carted off on a stretcher probably gave them serious giggles. The fact anyone would make such a joke speaks volumes about their character.  There is nothing funny about brain injuries. As far as bringing a lawsuit? in Little Rock against PA? Are you kidding? Maybe it's just me, but if I got so much pleasure over a high school football team that it made serious injuries to a teenager fodder for jokes I'd seriously need to reevaluate my priorities.

PA Dad

November 08, 2017, 10:21:23 pm #89 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 10:45:21 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 08, 2017, 10:12:00 pm
I'm kidding about the suit, but 5 years of the same excuse has gotten old.

I'm not looking for a fight, but Intelligentsia has never used it as an excuse.  He said shortly after the game that  the injury didn't change the outcome of the game.  I think he's always been concerned about the players.

Intelligentsia

I shouldn't have chimed in, but it was a very scary and serious incident.  I new the young man well and my son played on the team with him the two years prior.  I'm happy to say that the young man has had two very good years playing baseball at a Jr. College,  and will be playing this year at a 4 year institution (Maybe Arkansas State?).  I would bet that he will play professionally,  but at what level, who knows.  Exceptional athlete and quite bright.

Yellowcake

Quote from: JessieP on November 08, 2017, 10:14:10 pm
Red and Yellowcake are not joking. They live vicariously through a high school football team. A kid on the other team being carted off on a stretcher probably gave them serious giggles. The fact anyone would make such a joke speaks volumes about their character.  There is nothing funny about brain injuries. As far as bringing a lawsuit? in Little Rock against PA? Are you kidding? Maybe it's just me, but if I got so much pleasure over a high school football team that it made serious injuries to a teenager fodder for jokes I'd seriously need to reevaluate my priorities.

You brought it up there Mr. Righteous. And then you concoct wild make-believe scenarios about what other people are thinking after accusing someone of an intentional act to hurt another. No one is laughing at a kid getting injured. No one. So how about sticking a sock in that topic. It might stave off responses that are going to get your blood pressure up and create baseless conspiracy theories in your head.

Before you start judging the character of others, making sweeping allegations about an entire school and its supporters and otherwise overreacting to message board posts in general, perhaps you should do some self evaluation.

Vicariously living through a high school team. Wow. You may be the least self aware poster on here.

JessieP

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 08, 2017, 10:30:43 pm
I shouldn't have chimed in, but it was a very scary and serious incident.  I new the young man well and my son played on the team with him the two years prior.  I'm happy to say that the young man has had two very good years playing baseball at a Jr. College,  and will be playing this year at a 4 year institution (Maybe Arkansas State?).  I would bet that he will play professionally,  but at what level, who knows.  Exceptional athlete and quite bright.

He's playing at Southern Illinois. He was drafted last year by the Mets but wants to get his degree. I ask him about the injury, he has no recollection of the game save for bits and pieces. He said the worst part was when he came to he looked up and saw his Mom standing over him sobbing, it freaked him out. 

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 08, 2017, 09:10:17 pm
Oh my, that's FUN-NY!

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 08, 2017, 08:58:24 pm

No ones laughing! What color is the sky on your planet?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on November 08, 2017, 10:14:10 pm
You've cracked the code Jessie. The only reason I watch high school football is to see kids get brain injuries. That's why I had them put the wall so close to the field. You're a real Sherlock Holmes with your reasoning skills.

Maynard G Krebs

Once again, another game thread derailed. 

Intelligentsia

November 09, 2017, 06:34:28 am #96 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:44:12 am by Intelligentsia
Quote from: Yellowcake on October 14, 1974, 05:39:54 pm
You brought it up there Mr. Righteous. And then you concoct wild make-believe scenarios about what other people are thinking after accusing someone of an intentional act to hurt another. No one is laughing at a kid getting injured. No one. So how about sticking a sock in that topic. It might stave off responses that are going to get your blood pressure up and create baseless conspiracy theories in your head.

Before you start judging the character of others, making sweeping allegations about an entire school and its supporters and otherwise overreacting to message board posts in general, perhaps you should do some self evaluation.

Vicariously living through a high school team. Wow. You may be the least self aware poster on here.
Did you see anywhere in my writing an insinuation that this was an intentional act? If so, I apologize.   So, back to PA vs VV.  PA is not quite the team they have been in recent years, but after making 1st halfadjustments to what is clearly a quality VV defense,  PA will demonstrate what a spread offense machine can do to a tired secondary.  PA 42 VV 14

Maynard G Krebs

Looks likely, regardless of game outcome, that Hatcher will break Rhett Laslee's record for career TD passes. Going to see history made and a record that should stand for quite a while.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 09, 2017, 09:04:29 am
Looks likely, regardless of game outcome, that Hatcher will break Rhett Laslee's record for career TD passes. Going to see history made and a record that should stand for quite a while.

The Hatcher family has produced some great athletes. The sisters were all very good at soccer and basketball. The Hatcher family has also donated a ton of money to small, in state collegiate wrestling programs. Happy for him to have the record.

JessieP

November 09, 2017, 10:50:52 am #99 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:31:00 pm by JessieP
Quote from: Yellowcake on November 08, 2017, 08:50:10 pm
I wish yall were good enough this year not to get bounced out of the playoffs in the first round. And not so terrible that you could last long enough to make it to another matchup with PA. Mercy ruling Batesville sounds good right now.

seriously Francis, lighten up.

We will take care of the 4-peat. You know, because we cheat.

I don't recall anyone saying "cheat", I have read numerous post discussing the advantages they have. People have pointed out how tilted the field is, all within the existing rules. No one really said cheat, until you did. Interesting Freudian slip.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas