• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference play begins! Please post all scores Mar 16 through Mar 21 in this thread....

Started by sevenof400, March 14, 2015, 03:13:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FutbolPhan

7A/6A Central Conference games played 3/19

Conway JVB 3-0 Russellville JVB
Russellville VB 1-0 Conway VB
Conway VG 2-0 Russellville VG

CoachKJ

Go Postal

Quote from: Arbitro on March 19, 2015, 08:31:37 am
Quote from: Go Postal on March 19, 2015, 01:25:33 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on March 19, 2015, 12:29:28 am
Quote from: FutbolPhan on March 18, 2015, 07:13:01 pm

My point was that the game was official at 0-0. VHSCoach2 reported as if it was won by Heber in penalties. Apparently the two teams decided to practice a PK finish but I am really surprised the officiating crew accommodated since the tiebreaker rule for nonconference games does not allow that.

To your point that the rule should be changed I would ask why? All levels of futbol worldwide accept draws as official score lines. Why would nonconference soccer matches in Arkansas need to result in a defined winner? What purpose, other than school/town pride, would be accomplished? The result would not impact conference standings, state playoff seeding, etc...

The point of the non-conference games is to prepare for the upcoming conference games.  Since conference games may consist of a shootout, I think non-conference games should consist of it as well to help the players prepare.  That's really my only argument for it though.

Draws as official score lines are fine, I have nothing against a tie.  But why don't we just end in a tie in the conference games as well? What is accomplished by declaring a winner in conference? A point system with ties would still work, and it would be more like "traditional" soccer, as you wish.
This I agree.
If you dig back into this forum far enough you'll find that I opposed the rule change requiring a winner for all conference games.  But these decisions are made by the ADs, many of whom are far more familiar with other sports and don't really care about how soccer competitions are run in the rest of the world.  "A tie is like kissing your sister" and all.  That said, no ties in conference games is the rule for Arkansas and it isn't likely to change in the near future.  I can deal with it.
This I totally agree with.  Luckily Harrison's AD is also the boy's/girl's soccer coach.  Other AD's need to realize that there are more than one or two sports that these town's play.  There are some great Arkansas soccer teams out there, but need direction and appreciation/support from their AD.  Old American sport fan, meet the Old World sport fan.  Heck, even though Harrison boys and girls have one of the best soccer records in the State, it has been only a few years that the local media has been printing sport's news about them from game to game.  It's a start.

Sir Alex

If you are naive enough to think the AD's make these decisions, then I have some land to sell you.  Folks, the AAA works like this,: it is what the principals and other voting members (superintendents) want is what they get.  Yes they may check with the ADs and there are virtually none out there that have a clue of how the game of soccer is played, but in the end it is not the Ad's decision.  The game of soccer is meant to be played to a tie especially away from home.  Some of the best games I have ever seen have been 0-0 games.  Honestly, only soccer purists will understand and agree...  With that said, no more pk's, we need the point system back!

ruserious?

3/19

Searcy @ Cabot
(non-conference)

VG   Searcy 0-1 Cabot

VB   Searcy 1-1 Cabot

The draw in the vb game was very reflective of the match. Good effort, cleanly played by both sides.

And I wholeheartedly agree with Sir Alex....no kftm (unless in bracket play and only then if OT play concludes in draw) and go to point system for conference standings....maybe it will change when current players become the principals, supers, and ADs :)

carteri

North pulaski boys and girls mercy ruled mills (conference games)

NP girls 7/0....Ilycia Carter (hat trick)
NP boys 9/0.....

sevenof400

Thanks to all for your score reports!  Everything to this point has been posted and standings updated!

Girls SHoccer

Quote from: carteri on March 20, 2015, 06:02:28 am
North pulaski boys and girls mercy ruled mills (conference games)

NP girls 7/0....Ilycia Carter (hat trick)
NP boys 9/0.....

Is the Carter girl a senior?

carteri

VHSCoach2

5A West from 3/19:

Morrilton VB 0(1), Greenbrier VB 0(0)

Greenbrier VG 4, Morrilton VG 0

CoachLee70

3/17 Greenwood at Van Buren Non Conference

VG 0-0 Tie
VB Greenwood 4-1 Van Buren

3/19
Van Buren at Mena Non- Conference

VG VB 4-0 Mena

Will post boys when I find out.

chaoslord

VB
Fayetteville 1 (3), Rogers 1 (4)

VG
Fayetteville 1 (4), Rogers 1 (2)

e: Bolded winner

Go Postal

3-20-15 via Eagle's twitter...
non conference game.
Girls:
NLR 4
Vtown 0

Boys:
NLR 2
Vtown 1

Final on both games.

Go Postal

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 20, 2015, 10:52:13 am
5A West from 3/19:

Morrilton VB 0(1), Greenbrier VB 0(0)

Greenbrier VG 4, Morrilton VG 0
Wow!  There's hope for us other West boys teams yet! ;)

Go Postal

Still haven't heard yet of the Maumelle @ Harrison scores other than word of mouth that the Lady GOBS were leading 3-0.

HP14

HP14

BigChief

Quote from: Go Postal on March 20, 2015, 09:08:38 pm
Still haven't heard yet of the Maumelle @ Harrison scores other than word of mouth that the Lady GOBS were leading 3-0.
Harrison 4 Maumelle 0 VG
Maumelle 2 Harrison 0 VB

Lionheart88

VG: White Hall 1-1 Benton

Lady Bulldogs finally concede a goal in their fourth game of the year, but draw the 6A Lady Panthers.  With a depleted squad, no less.  I hear they only had about 14 girls due to folks leaving for Spring Break trips.

Raiders5

onewildrice

Conference

Girls
FS Southside 0
Harber 3

Boys ~ not sure how to post this.....

FS Southside 2 (7 pk's made)
Harber 2 (6 pk's made)

Go Postal

Quote from: HP14 on March 20, 2015, 09:15:39 pm
Harrison has a beautiful  facility.
Only estimated cost of 8.6 million dollars to build without school funds.  Still working on the visitor side in football to have at least 500 more seating, a visitor's restroom, visiting team locker room (other than in the enclosed practice field facilities) and a visitor's concession stand. A work in progress.   Hoped Maumelle fans liked this football/soccer/track stadium.  We also have at least 3 soccer grass fields also.  Great soccer facilities, eating and hotels/motels available.  This is why we bid for playoffs games.  Hope you Maumelle fans had a Great time in the Goblin Nation and a safe trip back home.

Go Postal

Quote from: BigChief on March 20, 2015, 09:25:55 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on March 20, 2015, 09:08:38 pm
Harrison 4 Maumelle 0 VG
Maumelle 2 Harrison 0 VB
Lady GOBS are doing great.  GOBS need to step it up a notch, GOBS beat Mtown, Mtown beat 'Briar.  Even though Melle lost in a doubleheader in Baseball to Harrison, they have got West champs in football and basketball.  Looks like the are attempting for West Champs again in this sport.  Dang newcomers, love them and hate them. ;)

hogbert

LRCA VG 6 - Clarksville VG 0
LRCA VB 1 - Clarksville VB 1. LRCA wins on SFTM

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Go Postal on March 20, 2015, 08:58:07 pm
3-20-15 via Eagle's twitter...
non conference game.
Girls:
NLR 4
Vtown 0

Boys:
NLR 2
Vtown 1

Final on both games.

I want to speak on these matches for a moment. The girls match was closer than the score indicates. It was a good back-and-forth battle in the first half, both team scoreless until the 26th minute. NLR was up 2-0 at half, but Vilonia had some good looks as well. No scores were made again until the 73rd and 78th minutes when reserves were getting their time in the light. It was a good, physical match throughout, and I'm hoping the girls took something out of it seeing as how this was one of the better team performances of the season.

As for the guys, this match was very physical. A few yellows and a red were issued. Vilonia held a 1-0 lead from the 7th minute all the way until about the 37th, when NLR ties it up off a beautiful cross and then got one more a minute later after the ball slipped through the keeper's gloves. No scores in the second half, but it was still a tug-of-war in the possession department.

NLR has some classy players, fans, and coaches, and I tip my cap to their two victories tonight and wish them luck the rest of the way.

The Coach

1-4A Conference Games 3/20:

Gentry VG 7 Dardanelle VG 0

Dardanelle VB 3 Gentry VB 1

The Cent Guardian

The Cent Guardian

The Cent Guardian

March 19
VB: Jacksonville 2-0 Beebe

March 17
VB: Jacksonville 7-2 J.A. Fair

The Cent Guardian